Sydney Central YHA Reviews

11 Rawson Place, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

Magnetic door cards and elevators need an upgrade.

Wonderfull place and fantastic staff I will be staying again in the future for sure

• 21st Feb 2015

Love this hostel! Big bedroom, big kitchen, great bathrooms!

• 15th Feb 2015

Bathrooms weren't always clean - even when I told the front desk staff - they weren't cleaned by the end of the day. E2 of the 3 elevators were often not working. Only 3 power outlets in a 6 person dorm. Location was good - across from the train station. Mostly young people, so atmosphere wasn't bad.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Cameroon

This is very big place. Facilities are great superbig kitchen laundry and everything u need. Rooms are clean and quite good. There is a pool and bbq on the roof top. Good place to stay

The staff didnt even empty our rubbish during the whole stay (3 Nights, 4 beds) and bathrooms were costantly flooded and didnt make an hygienic impression

Good place in the centre of Sydney!

Clean, friendly staff, everything that I could ask for in a hostel. My only complaint was with the older generation of guests. I've never stayed in a hostel where people my parents' age also stay. I had a woman in my room who actually tried to treat me like she was my mother. She had crazy standards for how we kept our stuff and even yelled at me over a misunderstand that I apologized for. I heard a similar story from someone else. It wouldn't keep from staying there, but it was different.

• 3rd Feb 2015

In a great location for getting around Sydney and the surrounding areas as it's so close to Central Station. Hostel was nice enough, but because it is so huge it's not great if your on your own as meeting and talking to people is quite difficult. If you're already travelling with friend however, it would be a good place to stay.

Very convenient location as super close to metro station with escalators!! Spacious rest area & kitchens. Sth needs to be improved are, water tapsss in shower roomsss are really hard to be turned off, really a waste of water! Please fix it ASAP.

Clean rooms with lockers. Liked the movie room, great location. Staff were friendly.

Good hostel. Good location. Lights sockets and lockers in dorms. Good size and clean kitchen. Good cinema room. Vending machines

Fine, location is good..

• 8th Dec 2014

Awesome location . Massive hostel with good facilities . Seemed you be a lot of old people staying in this YOUTH hostel which was annoying they seemed to take over the facilities specially the kitchen area! It's supposed to be a youth hostel !!!!!!

Good staff, good facilities, good vibe. Thanks for an enjoyable couple of days in Sydney :-)

Great people! Enjoyable stay!

• 19th Oct 2014

Private room was great: spacious, clean and comfortable. Attached cafe served cheap food as good as home-cooked.

• 5th Oct 2014

There is no special comment. All good.