Sydney Central YHA Reviews

11 Rawson Place, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

Had a enjoyable stay café food was excellent close to central

• 26th Apr 2015

Ideal for a short stay as close to everything in the CBD and 30 seconds from Central Station so you don't lose any time travelling in and out of the city. Not bad value for Sydney.

Very clean place to stay in. The rooms, toilets, showers, kitchen and hang out area were spotless. It was also pretty secure with locks for each dorm which required the same key to enter the building when it got late. Staff were nice and facilities were pretty top notch. Only small inconvenience was not having free wifi for every floor, so needed to keep going down when wanting to use my devices. Would come again when visiting Sydney in future!

Location is great and the cafe attached to the hostel is a great feature. Staff can be rude and unhelpful, low security, facilities are dated and linens are showing wear too. No outlets by the beds. This is not a value for what you get but it's Sydney so apparently this is normal in hostels. I will say, it was also quiet at night in the hostel (or on my floor) so that was nice and my roommates were quiet as well. So there were some okay things.

Very clean hostel with great facilities (FREE internet, big cinema room, swiming pool on the roof top). I would even say it's almost like a hotel. This hostel isn't too much for socialising and fun, but if you are looking for a comfy place to stay in a great location, this is what you need. The only disadvantage was that there was no free parking. It costed 25 AUD a night, which for a backpacker is quite a lot.

Great location, and clean! You get what you pay for. It's a nice place to stay for the extra cash if your travelling alone and want safety and a clean stay! Not ideal to meet people so much however if that's what your looking for! Can't complain at all tho!

• 30th Mar 2015

Very nice place. Large common area that even had a cinema. Nice restaurant down stairs with fair Sydney prices.

The best facilities I've experienced in Sydney. 24hr kitchen, small pool, sauna, rooftop, cinema, pool table and nice lounge. The only problem I had is that the majority of the guests were much older and there wasn't much opportunity to meet people.

Great location. Good staff. Good room and facilities. Adequate kitchen. Bathroom had water on floor most of the time. All areas....toilets, sinks, etc.

Magnetic door cards and elevators need an upgrade.

Wonderfull place and fantastic staff I will be staying again in the future for sure

• 21st Feb 2015

Love this hostel! Big bedroom, big kitchen, great bathrooms!

• 15th Feb 2015

Bathrooms weren't always clean - even when I told the front desk staff - they weren't cleaned by the end of the day. E2 of the 3 elevators were often not working. Only 3 power outlets in a 6 person dorm. Location was good - across from the train station. Mostly young people, so atmosphere wasn't bad.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Cameroon

This is very big place. Facilities are great superbig kitchen laundry and everything u need. Rooms are clean and quite good. There is a pool and bbq on the roof top. Good place to stay

The staff didnt even empty our rubbish during the whole stay (3 Nights, 4 beds) and bathrooms were costantly flooded and didnt make an hygienic impression

Good place in the centre of Sydney!

Clean, friendly staff, everything that I could ask for in a hostel. My only complaint was with the older generation of guests. I've never stayed in a hostel where people my parents' age also stay. I had a woman in my room who actually tried to treat me like she was my mother. She had crazy standards for how we kept our stuff and even yelled at me over a misunderstand that I apologized for. I heard a similar story from someone else. It wouldn't keep from staying there, but it was different.

• 3rd Feb 2015

In a great location for getting around Sydney and the surrounding areas as it's so close to Central Station. Hostel was nice enough, but because it is so huge it's not great if your on your own as meeting and talking to people is quite difficult. If you're already travelling with friend however, it would be a good place to stay.

Very convenient location as super close to metro station with escalators!! Spacious rest area & kitchens. Sth needs to be improved are, water tapsss in shower roomsss are really hard to be turned off, really a waste of water! Please fix it ASAP.

Clean rooms with lockers. Liked the movie room, great location. Staff were friendly.