Sydney Harbour YHA Reviews

110 Cumberland St, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

Only stayed overnight but the staff were very helpful and friendly.. Also they had all these fun activities they provide. Ill make sure I stay longer next time.

• 1st Jul 2014

Was very welcoming would stay there again

• 17th Jun 2014

Fantastic and excellent the best of the best hostel I've ever seen

A bit hard to find

• 16th May 2014

This hostel was that good that I canceled my previous booking in another hostel in Sydney on my way back and stayed there again. Just one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Very modern and clean and safe (big lockers will fit even for a very big luggage). Situated very close to Circular Quay, to Woolworth grocery store and cafes. And of course you get a spectacular view on Sydney Harbour.

You should watch the sunrise on the roof

Stayed just one night for a stopover. But it was a nice stay. The rooms are spacious with lockers and a light as well as a power point at the bed. Bathrooms ensuite and on the floor. Best of all is the location at the Rocks, this area is the best in Sydney. Have been in Sydney before but hanging around at this area in the evening is great though not that cheap like the hostel as well. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the social aspect of the hostel.

We checked out a little bit cranky.. The woman who gave us directions to the carp ark before checking in, simply told us to park in the Wilson Carpark on ---- street. When we checked out, we were told we'd parked in the wrong one and weren't eligible for a discount because there was no association between the hotel and carpark. Being out of towers, we weren't to know that there were two Wilson carparks on that same street.

Only stayed for one night in Sydney, but loved the location and atmosphere of the hostel so much that I feel like I must make a return trip to Sydney just to have a more leisurely stay here! :)

Great location and rooms were comfortable enough but it was very expensive for what you get, especially considering there was no discount offered despite some of the facilities being unavailable during my stay

The hostel stands on an archeological site, which is pretty cool, and during my stay there were archeologists working nearby! The rooftop is fabulous. Every day there are things organized you can sign up for, like a rooftop BBQ (with kangaroomeat in my instance!) or wednesday pancakes. The rooms are clean and spacious. There are internetcomputers available if necessary.

• 8th Apr 2014

This place has amazing views, it's new, fun, and located near all of Sydney Harbor's best attractions. However, this must be said. If you are planning to bring your checked luggage...it's all UP HILL from the train station or marinas. It's a long walk from Wynyrd Station, but at least it's an easier walk. The staff was friendly but not very helpful. Wifi works great in the rooms and all over. A/C is horrible. We nearly suffocated in a 6 person room.

Excellent Hostel, Would most def stay there again

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Very cool design and layout. Staff was very friendly. Open kitchen where you can cook and lots of fridge space. Travelers of all ages seem to stay here. Had a time time here.

Our stay at Sydney Harbour YHA was wonderful - would like to stay again, next time longer. Would like it if they offered a discounted rate for 1 week or more like Sydney Central. Many thanks, Alan and Judith

• 13th Mar 2014

A great Hostel and ideally situated in and around the rocks and Central Quay. The hostel is more hotel like and has more families staying. I would defintely stay there again next time I am in Sydney despite the cost. Negatives were: You have to pay for wi fi and internet access, c'mon guys this is unacceptable other smaller and cheaper hostels provide it for free

We loved it.

BUT - and it's a very big but... Do NOT get one the rooms between 1 and 7... These rooms are underneath the common room and there is no noise proofing. The sound is unbelievable. I didn't get a goof nights sleep for the whole time knead there. They need to sort this asap.

Unbeatable location, and great view to the Opera House from the terrace. Perfect as a base to explore Sydney

You get more bang for your buck with a YHA membership.