Sydney Harbour YHA Reviews

110 Cumberland St, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

I arrived in the morning at 9am but couldn't check in before 2pm... Little bit inflexible but my false. The balcony is absolutely perfect, you see the opera and the harbour bridge as well. It was a lil bit expensive but it's a new hostel and a clean one, too. The stuff was pretty friendly and also competent. If the price is not to high for you, go there!

Great location and friendly staff!!

• 18th Aug 2014

Love the Sydney Harbour YHA. I always stay here when I'm in Sydney, wouldn't consider anywhere else. The location is excellent, there's always something in The Rocks happening and it's close to circular quay to get around. I usually am in town for the theatre at the Opera House so it's perfect for me. Always lovely people working and staying there too.

• 14th Aug 2014

There is very little to be said against Sydney YHA and lots for - it would appeal to all ages, families, groups and solos. Easy to feel at home with veryhelpul staff and an ideal location to discover the city

• 11th Aug 2014

Amazing location with a great view. The rooms were clean and large enough. The bad - a lot of schools and families stay here - they seem to cater towards school groups. This is not the hostel to go to if you want to meet people while you are traveling. I tried to go to some of the events and sit in the common area and no one would hold a conversation. Some of the staff was nice, but most of them seemed like anytime you asked for help or asked them to do their job you were bothering them.

If you arrive at the hostel earlier than your check in time, be aware that if you want to store your luggage you will have to pay $5. This came as a shock to me, as all of the hostels that I have stayed in previously (including YHAs), they would store your luggage for free.

If you are staying on Sydney it is the place to stay. It is more like a hotel than a hostel and is in a great location with great views.

Only stayed overnight but the staff were very helpful and friendly.. Also they had all these fun activities they provide. Ill make sure I stay longer next time.

• 1st Jul 2014

Was very welcoming would stay there again

• 17th Jun 2014

Fantastic and excellent the best of the best hostel I've ever seen

A bit hard to find

• 16th May 2014

This hostel was that good that I canceled my previous booking in another hostel in Sydney on my way back and stayed there again. Just one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Very modern and clean and safe (big lockers will fit even for a very big luggage). Situated very close to Circular Quay, to Woolworth grocery store and cafes. And of course you get a spectacular view on Sydney Harbour.

You should watch the sunrise on the roof

Stayed just one night for a stopover. But it was a nice stay. The rooms are spacious with lockers and a light as well as a power point at the bed. Bathrooms ensuite and on the floor. Best of all is the location at the Rocks, this area is the best in Sydney. Have been in Sydney before but hanging around at this area in the evening is great though not that cheap like the hostel as well. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the social aspect of the hostel.

We checked out a little bit cranky.. The woman who gave us directions to the carp ark before checking in, simply told us to park in the Wilson Carpark on ---- street. When we checked out, we were told we'd parked in the wrong one and weren't eligible for a discount because there was no association between the hotel and carpark. Being out of towers, we weren't to know that there were two Wilson carparks on that same street.

Only stayed for one night in Sydney, but loved the location and atmosphere of the hostel so much that I feel like I must make a return trip to Sydney just to have a more leisurely stay here! :)

Great location and rooms were comfortable enough but it was very expensive for what you get, especially considering there was no discount offered despite some of the facilities being unavailable during my stay

The hostel stands on an archeological site, which is pretty cool, and during my stay there were archeologists working nearby! The rooftop is fabulous. Every day there are things organized you can sign up for, like a rooftop BBQ (with kangaroomeat in my instance!) or wednesday pancakes. The rooms are clean and spacious. There are internetcomputers available if necessary.

• 8th Apr 2014

This place has amazing views, it's new, fun, and located near all of Sydney Harbor's best attractions. However, this must be said. If you are planning to bring your checked luggage...it's all UP HILL from the train station or marinas. It's a long walk from Wynyrd Station, but at least it's an easier walk. The staff was friendly but not very helpful. Wifi works great in the rooms and all over. A/C is horrible. We nearly suffocated in a 6 person room.

Excellent Hostel, Would most def stay there again