Sydney Harbour YHA Reviews

110 Cumberland St, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

My girl friends and I arrived at 3 pm, check in was quick and friendly. Enjoyed the spectacular views of the harbour sipping a couple of bottles of champagne before our night out. The beds were comfy, and showers hot, but drainage was slow. The location is superb and we will definitely be staying again.

• 18th Oct 2014

It is ok.

We booked here purely for the good price &view from the terrace and weren't disappointed. You can see the opera house and harbor bridge in a relaxed setting, it was exactly what we wanted, gorgeous! We had a private room with an en suite bathroom and it was clean & wonderful. The bathroom was huge! The whole building was well-lit with good security measure and clean, open hallways. Our only complaint is that we had a tricky time finding the hostel with all the windy streets.

I arrived in the morning at 9am but couldn't check in before 2pm... Little bit inflexible but my false. The balcony is absolutely perfect, you see the opera and the harbour bridge as well. It was a lil bit expensive but it's a new hostel and a clean one, too. The stuff was pretty friendly and also competent. If the price is not to high for you, go there!

Great location and friendly staff!!

• 18th Aug 2014

Love the Sydney Harbour YHA. I always stay here when I'm in Sydney, wouldn't consider anywhere else. The location is excellent, there's always something in The Rocks happening and it's close to circular quay to get around. I usually am in town for the theatre at the Opera House so it's perfect for me. Always lovely people working and staying there too.

• 14th Aug 2014

There is very little to be said against Sydney YHA and lots for - it would appeal to all ages, families, groups and solos. Easy to feel at home with veryhelpul staff and an ideal location to discover the city

• 11th Aug 2014

Amazing location with a great view. The rooms were clean and large enough. The bad - a lot of schools and families stay here - they seem to cater towards school groups. This is not the hostel to go to if you want to meet people while you are traveling. I tried to go to some of the events and sit in the common area and no one would hold a conversation. Some of the staff was nice, but most of them seemed like anytime you asked for help or asked them to do their job you were bothering them.

If you arrive at the hostel earlier than your check in time, be aware that if you want to store your luggage you will have to pay $5. This came as a shock to me, as all of the hostels that I have stayed in previously (including YHAs), they would store your luggage for free.

If you are staying on Sydney it is the place to stay. It is more like a hotel than a hostel and is in a great location with great views.

Only stayed overnight but the staff were very helpful and friendly.. Also they had all these fun activities they provide. Ill make sure I stay longer next time.

• 1st Jul 2014

Was very welcoming would stay there again

• 17th Jun 2014

Fantastic and excellent the best of the best hostel I've ever seen

A bit hard to find

• 16th May 2014

This hostel was that good that I canceled my previous booking in another hostel in Sydney on my way back and stayed there again. Just one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Very modern and clean and safe (big lockers will fit even for a very big luggage). Situated very close to Circular Quay, to Woolworth grocery store and cafes. And of course you get a spectacular view on Sydney Harbour.

You should watch the sunrise on the roof

Stayed just one night for a stopover. But it was a nice stay. The rooms are spacious with lockers and a light as well as a power point at the bed. Bathrooms ensuite and on the floor. Best of all is the location at the Rocks, this area is the best in Sydney. Have been in Sydney before but hanging around at this area in the evening is great though not that cheap like the hostel as well. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the social aspect of the hostel.