Sydney Harbour YHA Reviews

110 Cumberland St, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

Very close to the Circular Quay (15 min from airport) considerer some stairs in the way if your are traveling no too light. Very clean. Amazing view to the Opera house from the terrace...can't think in a better one. As every HI is full of stupid school kids/old people. but close to very good discos at the rocks!!

I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone traveling in the Sydney area. Not only is it a modern hostel with a wonderful view, it is built on an archaeology dig site of old world Sydney. Nice facilities, great location and quiet. If you are traveling without much luggage, the Circular Quay train station is much closer than the Wynyard Station, there are just lots of steps to go up.

Great hostel for all ages and type of traveller. Great location with amazing views of Sydney Opera House. Really clean, good staff and excellent facilities. Can't believe it for the price in the centre of Sydney.

Very good hostel in a strategic location. I was staying with really great roommates and the room is CLEAN! The only thing is you need to pay for the WiFi if you want to use it. Other than that, it's pretty a great place to stay. I'd definitely stay with YHA again if I were to visit Sydney.

The personbil was not so knowledgeable about the wi-fi access. It is Aldo strange that the wi-fi is limiten to 30 min/day.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Sweden
  • Couple, 41+

I stayed for one night and found the hostel clean, comfortable and convenient. Security was good, with lockers and a swipe key system to get in at night. The dorm was fairly roomy and bathroom facilities were also fine. I would definitely stay here again.

My girl friends and I arrived at 3 pm, check in was quick and friendly. Enjoyed the spectacular views of the harbour sipping a couple of bottles of champagne before our night out. The beds were comfy, and showers hot, but drainage was slow. The location is superb and we will definitely be staying again.

• 18th Oct 2014

It is ok.

We booked here purely for the good price &view from the terrace and weren't disappointed. You can see the opera house and harbor bridge in a relaxed setting, it was exactly what we wanted, gorgeous! We had a private room with an en suite bathroom and it was clean & wonderful. The bathroom was huge! The whole building was well-lit with good security measure and clean, open hallways. Our only complaint is that we had a tricky time finding the hostel with all the windy streets.

I arrived in the morning at 9am but couldn't check in before 2pm... Little bit inflexible but my false. The balcony is absolutely perfect, you see the opera and the harbour bridge as well. It was a lil bit expensive but it's a new hostel and a clean one, too. The stuff was pretty friendly and also competent. If the price is not to high for you, go there!

Great location and friendly staff!!

Love the Sydney Harbour YHA. I always stay here when I'm in Sydney, wouldn't consider anywhere else. The location is excellent, there's always something in The Rocks happening and it's close to circular quay to get around. I usually am in town for the theatre at the Opera House so it's perfect for me. Always lovely people working and staying there too.

• 14th Aug 2014

There is very little to be said against Sydney YHA and lots for - it would appeal to all ages, families, groups and solos. Easy to feel at home with veryhelpul staff and an ideal location to discover the city

• 11th Aug 2014

Amazing location with a great view. The rooms were clean and large enough. The bad - a lot of schools and families stay here - they seem to cater towards school groups. This is not the hostel to go to if you want to meet people while you are traveling. I tried to go to some of the events and sit in the common area and no one would hold a conversation. Some of the staff was nice, but most of them seemed like anytime you asked for help or asked them to do their job you were bothering them.

If you arrive at the hostel earlier than your check in time, be aware that if you want to store your luggage you will have to pay $5. This came as a shock to me, as all of the hostels that I have stayed in previously (including YHAs), they would store your luggage for free.