Sydney Hostel Reviews

9 Shabaan street, Downtown, Amman, Jordan

Thank you! Really enjoyed my stay here.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • India

It's a good hostel for this money

Common area is wonderful, staff are very helpful. Owner's cats are hilarious and look like Ewoks.

The lounge and dorm were clean overall. The fan in our dorm had a lot of dust on it so we didn't try to turn it on. However, the window supplied sufficient air. The lounge provided a friendly atmosphere to meet other travellers. The staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, there is only one small bathroom (with toilet/shower/sink) for all the travellers and it was dirty and not well kept. Beware of the shuttle driver as he may try to get an extra 2 JD for "parking cost" and refuse.

• 22nd Sep 2015

We love the cats !

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Mexico

Really good place to stay. Tarik and Mo are awesome. Can work on cleanliness in toilets though.

Thanks for the great stay!

The rooms were very good value for money and the place was really clean, but I thought the water, tea, coffee and breakfast a bit overpriced, as were other services, such as a taxi and trips outside Amman.

Fantastic hostel. Nice clean open rooms, really nice staff, open social area with movies, etc. Only possible complaint is that there's only one shared bathroom for all the dorms, so it can be tough to find space.

I only have nice things to say about this place. There s not to many hostel in Jordan, but this one is definitely worth it. The owner is super nice, the place is clean ( we stayed in the dorm first, then in a room cause it was full. Both were clean and spacious), cheap, with a good breakfast and lovely common area always filled up with people. It s a great place to meet other travelers and start your trip here. I recommend it & will be back.

I really love my stay in the hostel, friendly and accommodating staff, excellent location (close to rainbow street) , clean, neat and affordable. Its like a home away from home. I love the breakfast too, eat all you can. The name of the street is not familiar to the taxi drivers. However Mr. Tarek helps me a lot by writing it in the business card which I usually shown to taxi drivers whenever I ride. The owner is nice too, Mr. Diya. Generally I luv this hostel and highly recommended.

Although the place looks a bit sloppy, the locations is very good and the staff is helpful. In general the hostel is ok, but nothing special.

Really nice hostel. Great price for Jordan, helpful staff, comfortable and clean. I don't know that this is the most communal meet-people-and-party hostel, but that was fine for me because I mostly needed to relax and sleep and this hostel was perfect. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Amman.

Had a nice time at Sydney Hotel. Stayed in the dorm, which in tight but comfortable. The living space is welcoming and the vibe in familial. Scarce bathroom options. This could be improved, but it was not so bad. The staff were great. Tarik was a Godsend and went out of his way to look after me. Couldn't be more thankful.

Good hostel very informative helpful staff for whilst you are in jordan, popular and the taxi drivers know where it is!

Fantastic hostel can't beat it in Amman.

Awesome hostel. Marisa was lovely and super helpful. The breakfast was good. The wifi was good and worked in the rooms. Comfortable beds. No complaints except you can't access the kitchen, but I found that was the case in all hostels in Jordan. They even have two adorable fluffy cats that live there.

Good place to stay, very kind staffs, easy to meet friends and join the tour. feel like stay at home, cheap for everything.