Sydney Hostel Reviews

9 Shabaan street, Downtown, Amman, Jordan

Good location. Cheap.

物有所值的一间旅舍,如果再来约旦,还会选择此处

We loved this hostel! Cheap, good and a very good location! Close to the roman theater, citadel and the main street. Also the atmosphere is good, because they have a nice common area. you have to pay more for breakfast, but it is worth it! Breakfast is good and well served. Staff is helpful. We came back and forth to this hostel because amman was our gateway to explore jordan. They have a really nice taxi driver in case you want to plan tours with them.

Brilliant staff and a great home from home in Amman. Would certainly recommend.

Nice place in good location, the owner, Tarik is quite polite and helpful

Thank you Alberto for the nice words. It was a pleasure hosting you. Tarik

The common area is really great and the breakfast too. Tarik is really helpful and works his best to satisfy our needs. The tours offered are a good occasion to share experiences with other travellers. One of the best, highly recommend.

Dear Pierrette, It was our pleasure to host you here and we are glad that you enjoyed your time.

The hostel was spacious and well located within a 10 minute walk of the Roman Theatre. The staff were helpful enough. I'm afraid to say that there was not much of the backpacking atmosphere where you meet new people and make new friends etc

I am glad that you liked the hostel. You have stayed with us for only one night and I am sorry that you did not get the chance to meet other travellers. On that day we had only 7 other backpacker travellers and that is because now it is not the highest season. I wish we can host you again when there are more backpackers around. All the best,

The staff are amazing, they`d go out of their way to accommodate any of your needs or wishes.

I have just returned from my stay both at the beginning and the end of my tour of Jordan. Tarik, the hostel manager and staff members here made my stay incredible! They had answers to all my questions, helped me out managing the city my first few days, and by the end of my stay I felt like family! The hostel is clean and is located in a excellent area within less then five minutes walking from both downtown and to rainbow street. Boogie the cat was a added bonus. Would def come come back!

Thank you for your review. We hope you can make it back so we get the chance to host you again. All the best.

Decent, could stay there again.

Good staff, great location. Good associated tourist activities to the main attractions.

Thank you Aaron for the lovely review. It was a pleasure hosting you and making your stay memorable.

Nice hostel in Amman. Walking distance (up hill) to rainbow street and (if your keen) the citadel. Big rooms. Free breakfast. Staff can organise tours.

I did not like WC and showers, but the other things and hospitality was excellent! I definitely advice this hostel to travelers!

Dear Aghamir, Thank you for your feedback. A renovation for the shared bathroom is planned soon.

Really just a few star hostel, but there's not a large choice of hostels in Amman. Does the trick for a few nights.

The Sydney Hotel is a 1 star hotel that is considered a hostel. We have dorms and private rooms. It is a good value compared to others in the area. If there are anything you did not like, please write us back through email and we would love to hear your opinion.

Great staff who were very helpful and spoke excellent English. In a good location and considering the price(we stayed in the dorm) very good value for money.

Thank you Hannah for your nice comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

i really enjoyed my time in Sydney Hostel, staff very friendly and very safe place , i wil definitely recommend this place and more if you travel alone , easy to meet many peoples and share some activities around Amman.

What makes this hostel is the management/employees. Very kind, well informed, helpful, etc.. The room scared me at first sight as it was not something I'm used to (i.e needs paint, refresh, etc..) but it was clean, quiet, and safe which was all I needed. Great location walking distance to Rainbow street and other busy areas for shopping. I would tell anyone to stay here. Also, take advantage of the trips they offer!

Excellent Hostel. Good Value and great location in Amman close to downtown, market and Rainbow street. The staff really went above and beyond to help us, they gave us suggestions of things to do and wrote down directions in Arabic for us to show to cab drivers. It is a quiet hostel and very lovely. Only negative in the whole place is one bathroom for the shared room, but that is what you get in a shared room!

• 17th Aug 2014

THE BEST ! I really recommend Sydney...

the best place ever!!! you won't find any other places in amman where you feel at home like here, the position is great, the hostel is very nice, cheap and perfect for backpackers. the staff is amazing, they are the friendliest people I've met and they will help you anyway they can. thanks to them i had the best time ever in amman!!!

• 22nd Jul 2014