Sydney Hostel Reviews

9 Shabaan street, Downtown, Amman, Jordan

Might be good for the hot summer days, but at this moment the entire hostel is ice cold. Even with the extra blanket, I was shivering all the time. To top it all off, I caught a terrible cold and was coughing and sneezing the whole holiday. Bathroom was also quite run down and since there's no shower basin, you're literally flooding the whole bathroom every time you're taking a shower.

The man in charge was very professional and accomodating. It's the perfect location too.

A great budget hostel. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. There are two cats in the living room. I LOVE THEM. Highly recommended.

This is a really good hostel, we only stayed for 2 nights and we had a good time. They offer good reasonable price tours and 2.5 euro breakfast buffet! Very nice stay for the price!

Fine place to stay, and staff are helpful and friendly.

Solid hostel. Good rooms and main area but only one bathroom for quite a few rooms. In a good area and good security, the staff were always able to help and offer assistance and guidance on how to make the most of our trip.

Kindly people and very nice atmosphere! Totally recommended!

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Nice location, close to shops, markets and restaurants, staff are friendly and helpful. Only one shared bathroom that floods easily when you take a shower, beds are comfortable and warm, a nice place to stay for a few nights if you're passing through Amman

Good location, cheap, one bathroom for the whole hostel is a problem. There were some other issues, shower and light were broken but it was fixed quickly. The thing I have to mention is the staff - I had a problem with my bank, they sent me a message that I was charged 10x as much, for my stay at the hostel. I sent emails to both my bank and Sydney. The manager responded within minutes, sent me a copy of the bill which I forwarded to my bank. Later they apologized and said it was their mistake.

I cant complain. The staff was always ready to help. The manager went above and beyong to help me. Great location. Clean. I the room I needed duo to my allergies. A very safe place to be also. Great breakfast!

location was awesome! staff was good, security was great but bathroom could use some upgrades.

We loved our stay at Sydney Hostel! The room was clean, quiet and a great value. The managers are incredibly helpful and helped organize a day trip to the Dead Sea for us. The hostel was in the perfect location - right near Rainbow Street, where you will find restaurants, Hashem Falafel (the best falafel in the world), and Roman theatre, and more! We loved their cats, Coco and Cookie, who were like dogs and incredibly friendly and cuddly.

Good hostel, good atmosphere, good location, excellent staff. should improve the bathrooms, there is only 1 for shared bedrooms.

This hostel has a wonderful location and awesome staff. We stayed in a triple room which was very comfortable and affordable. Breakfast is good. I highly recommend them!

The menager of hotel Tarik is sou helpful and good houst and I was sou thankful for evrithing doo for me. And I like his thos 2 persians cats. I have wonderful time in Aman bicouse of Sidney hotel.

I stayed here just one night in the dorm room. The pros: the price!! Great deal on beds and the location was superb for seeing Amman! The staff was excellent, for example, as we left early they started breakfast early just to accommodate us! The breakfast was 2.5 JD but it was all you could eat and quite delicious! The cons: worse shower and toliet facilities I've ever encountered in a hostel. One toliet and one shower in the same room (same SPACE) for the entire hostel.

Thank you! Really enjoyed my stay here.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • India

It's a good hostel for this money

Common area is wonderful, staff are very helpful. Owner's cats are hilarious and look like Ewoks.

The lounge and dorm were clean overall. The fan in our dorm had a lot of dust on it so we didn't try to turn it on. However, the window supplied sufficient air. The lounge provided a friendly atmosphere to meet other travellers. The staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, there is only one small bathroom (with toilet/shower/sink) for all the travellers and it was dirty and not well kept. Beware of the shuttle driver as he may try to get an extra 2 JD for "parking cost" and refuse.