Sydney Hostel Reviews

9 Shabaan street, Downtown, Amman, Jordan

great hostel, good price, good location. no major issues! using the washing machine was cheap. bed was hard but doesn't really matter! staff were helpful in all our questions but a tiny weeny bit pushy with getting a cab service to stuff instead of just using the buses (aka to airport etc etc). would stay again!

The athmosphere of the hostel was really nice, and all the staff are really friendly! The hostel is well located in Amman. I did had great time there and I recommend to all the travellers in Jordan.

Atmosphere is really good, guests and staff were really nice and friendly.

This was a very good hostel. I arrived to Amman around 4 in the morning, and the staff at the hostel were able to let me in, despite the time! The hostel was very clean, tidy, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The common room fosters a friendly and familial atmosphere. Most people staying there were foreign students or NGO workers who were looking for longer-term apartments/rentals in Amman. Excellent location - close to Rainbow Street and downtown.

• 24th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel with perfect location in the city center. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Definetely recommendable.

Gail is AMAZING! I got food poisoning while I was in Wadi Musa (my worst hostel nightmare!) and Gail went out of her way to make me feel better, which I did eventually. The hostel is great too- excellent value on the private rooms! Perfect location.

It's very nice hostel. Especially the stuffs are kind and helpful. I can recomend the hostel for everyone.

Thank you for recommending us.

Stayed in the dorm here, was a great place to stay as a backpacker and met really nice people here. Lovely cozy place, feels very homely and comfortable in the common/loung area. Very handy location to downtown & Rainbow St. Staff are really friendly & helpfull too, highly recommended.

I stayed only one night here and I have great stay, the atmosphere is relax and safe, location is close to tourist spot and it's reli valuable by paying this amount to have a stay here:)

Dear Sheung, Thank you for the nice review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very nice choice to explore Jordan! I really recommend Sydney

great location. its a budget hotel/ hostel that offers services like laundry and arranging taxi rides for day trips, common area good place to mingle and meet new people. good choice for Amman . good location to must sees and dos in Amman.

It was very loud at night (11pm-2am). If you need or just want a decent night sleep it can be challenging. Also only having one shower and toilet can be difficult if the dorm is full. The night light was a great idea in the room. It meant people could move around without having the main light on.

Dear Tegan, Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for any disturbance you faced while staying with us. We have a set rule now of making sure no one is noisy after 12 AM. No music or chatting out loud.

Met some cool travelers in the lobby and enjoyed my stay here. This is not a fancy hostel but a good place to lay your head.

My time at Sydney hotel was fantastic. Dia' and Tarik are so good at what they do - making sure all of their guests are happy and the hotel in a good state with constant improvements being made. The common area is what makes this hotel really stand out - its the place to meet new people and have a great time! I highly recommend staying at Sydney hotel if you come to Amman - you wont find a better experience

Thank you Sydney for your nice comments. It was great hosting you for the short period until you found your own place. I wish you all the best Sydney and keep passing by :)

The staff was really nice and friendly, lovely to talk to, they helped us to arrange the airport transfer for a very good price. The room was nice, big, clean and very warm, with nicely smelling sheets and towels, and a good shower. Breakfast was yummy and quite big. The location is great, only ten minutes walking from the most important sights and markets. We could store our luggage in a locked room, which was very nice. Would definitely recommend it!

Dear Natalia, Thank you for the lovely comments and I am glad you liked our breakfast. We promise the best service for our guests and any assistant we can provide.

Good location, helpful staff cheqpnprice in dorms. Only thing to say its that maps arent for free as usually its in hostels

Dear Jacob, Thank you for your review. We have free customised maps that we made and printed by our selves for our customers. Free maps from now on.

It was a very pleasant stay and Tariq is a very helpful gentleman. You will not feel that you are staying in a hotel, rather you will feel that you are their guest.

Thank you Yavuz, It was a pleasure hosting you and you are always welcome to come back again.