Sydney Hostel Reviews

9 Shabaan street, Downtown, Amman, Jordan

The staff are amazing, they`d go out of their way to accommodate any of your needs or wishes.

I have just returned from my stay both at the beginning and the end of my tour of Jordan. Tarik, the hostel manager and staff members here made my stay incredible! They had answers to all my questions, helped me out managing the city my first few days, and by the end of my stay I felt like family! The hostel is clean and is located in a excellent area within less then five minutes walking from both downtown and to rainbow street. Boogie the cat was a added bonus. Would def come come back!

Good staff, great location. Good associated tourist activities to the main attractions.

Thank you Aaron for the lovely review. It was a pleasure hosting you and making your stay memorable.

Nice hostel in Amman. Walking distance (up hill) to rainbow street and (if your keen) the citadel. Big rooms. Free breakfast. Staff can organise tours.

I did not like WC and showers, but the other things and hospitality was excellent! I definitely advice this hostel to travelers!

Dear Aghamir, Thank you for your feedback. A renovation for the shared bathroom is planned soon.

Really just a few star hostel, but there's not a large choice of hostels in Amman. Does the trick for a few nights.

Great staff who were very helpful and spoke excellent English. In a good location and considering the price(we stayed in the dorm) very good value for money.

Thank you Hannah for your nice comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Excellent Hostel. Good Value and great location in Amman close to downtown, market and Rainbow street. The staff really went above and beyond to help us, they gave us suggestions of things to do and wrote down directions in Arabic for us to show to cab drivers. It is a quiet hostel and very lovely. Only negative in the whole place is one bathroom for the shared room, but that is what you get in a shared room!

• 17th Aug 2014

THE BEST ! I really recommend Sydney...

the best place ever!!! you won't find any other places in amman where you feel at home like here, the position is great, the hostel is very nice, cheap and perfect for backpackers. the staff is amazing, they are the friendliest people I've met and they will help you anyway they can. thanks to them i had the best time ever in amman!!!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Great location, nice common space and decent rooms. There aren't many frills, but it's a solid option for staying in Amman and a very good value for the money.

great hostel, good price, good location. no major issues! using the washing machine was cheap. bed was hard but doesn't really matter! staff were helpful in all our questions but a tiny weeny bit pushy with getting a cab service to stuff instead of just using the buses (aka to airport etc etc). would stay again!

The athmosphere of the hostel was really nice, and all the staff are really friendly! The hostel is well located in Amman. I did had great time there and I recommend to all the travellers in Jordan.

Atmosphere is really good, guests and staff were really nice and friendly.

This was a very good hostel. I arrived to Amman around 4 in the morning, and the staff at the hostel were able to let me in, despite the time! The hostel was very clean, tidy, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The common room fosters a friendly and familial atmosphere. Most people staying there were foreign students or NGO workers who were looking for longer-term apartments/rentals in Amman. Excellent location - close to Rainbow Street and downtown.

• 24th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel with perfect location in the city center. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Definetely recommendable.

Thank you Tobias, It was a pleasure hosting you here :)

Gail is AMAZING! I got food poisoning while I was in Wadi Musa (my worst hostel nightmare!) and Gail went out of her way to make me feel better, which I did eventually. The hostel is great too- excellent value on the private rooms! Perfect location.

It's very nice hostel. Especially the stuffs are kind and helpful. I can recomend the hostel for everyone.

Thank you for recommending us.

Stayed in the dorm here, was a great place to stay as a backpacker and met really nice people here. Lovely cozy place, feels very homely and comfortable in the common/loung area. Very handy location to downtown & Rainbow St. Staff are really friendly & helpfull too, highly recommended.

I stayed only one night here and I have great stay, the atmosphere is relax and safe, location is close to tourist spot and it's reli valuable by paying this amount to have a stay here:)

Dear Sheung, Thank you for the nice review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.