Sydney Student Living Reviews

38 Burton Street, Concord, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I was disappointed with my stay, far from the city (the bus in traffic can take over an hour, 15min walk to train) the staff weren't very knowledgeable of city transportation (could not tell me which bus # and direction to take) there were no brochures for the city, the washrooms were dirty, there was no lock for my cupboard. Most of the ppl staying are long term, so hard to meet anyone and there are no organized tours. the kitchen was well equipped and kept clean that's the only positive.

• 8th Apr 2014

A great place to stay, we hade the twin ensuite and it was perfect for our needs. Great kitchen, and friendly staff a bit outside of the city center but close to the train so it took 15 min to get to Central. It was a nice and great place.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Best hostel by far in Sydney Great facilities, saying they were excellent wasn't good enough they were amazing! So much better than those in the middle of the city because it's only 10 minutes on a train to the centre! Great hostel

Nice and clean, close to amenities, affordable rooms, and a pool. What's not to like?! My only complaint is that when I arrived, there was no one at reception, just a sign giving a number to call. Not everyone travels with a cell phone usable in that country...I was left to wait 20 minutes until someone came by with a phone who could call for me.

Friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful Accommodation with all the facilities you could need for a good price. Thank you so much!

• 1st Mar 2014

This hostel was really great! It was quiet when you wanted to take it easy and stay in your room, and it was rowdy when you wanted to party with the other people in the common areas. I met some amazing people from all over the world!

• 11th Feb 2014

Loved the privacy & convenience to transport, room was large & comfortable, did ask for a room swap away from the pool area ( too noisy) & staff were very helpful & understanding, room had own fridge, microwave & tv. Shared kitchen very well equipped, best used mid morning after the cleaner ... ;) ( if you have lived in hostels you know what I mean ;))

It was great

• 23rd Jan 2014

only Problem here is the kitchen. It was quite dirty while all other areas/rooms were ok. Guests using the kitchen have to be urged and controlled to Keep it clean or face consequences.

our stay was really great only problem was the staff did not really control the noise issues of a group of people who were screaming and running around the hallways till about 5am!!

• 30th Nov 2013

My boyfriend an me really loved our stay. Our room was really big, clean and we liked our own small bathroom:-) we also liked the laundry to clean our clothes. The stay was not cheap but everything was perfect:-)

• 23rd Nov 2013

The water for shower was not hot, sometimes it was cold.

no staff at nights. If you live your room, the door locks and if you go out at night and you forget your key, your are in trouble, becuase there is no singel person working at night. some people start Heavy parties in the middle of the night and there is noone to stop it.

hi I would just like to clear up that there is someone on at nights. for thus,fri,sat there is someone here 24hours and sun,mon,tues,wed the staff do finish around 12am-1am but when they leave there is a number at reception you call and a staff member will come and let u into your room if you lock yourself out of the room or there is a noise complaint they would come and sought out the problem. As from next week there will be 24 hour staff every night working all the way into the new year

AWESOME. That should put it! Great Facilities, Quick Internet connection, Safe and quiet after 10pm. I Love my room! Feels like I'm in a hotel rather than a hostel.

Our room was just up.from the common room/ kitchen and it was very noisy until the early hours of the morning. I got very little sleep. Also every time someone opened a door along our corridor it squeaked loudly. Maintenance needs to spray the door hinges with WD40. If not for the noise factor our stay would have been great.

The staff were always super helpful which was great. Easy walk to the trains/buses and a large shopping center with everything you could need. Only thing was you didn't have someone to clean and tidy the room or bathroom or be supplied with equipment to do so yourself. They weren't too clear on changing sheets, new towels etc.