THC Bergantin Hostel Reviews

Victoria,N 1 Planta 4, Madrid, Spain

When we arrived for our stay, we were promptly buzzed up to our room and made to feel very welcome. The lobby and hallways were very clean and quiet. We only saw 2 other guests while we were there. We had the private ensuite room and it was comparable to a nice hotel. Very clean and comfortable bed!! It was quiet, the air conditioner was marvelous, and the noise from the street was minimal. The front desk was staffed 24/7 and they were always very kind.

• 8th Oct 2014

Perfect last minute stop over in Madrid. My friend was used to staying in more traditional hotels when she traveled and this was a perfect compromise. Great location.

• 1st Oct 2014

The old guy was very helpful and nice. The place was very clean with new towels every day. The bed was uncomfortable. The walls a paper thin and you can hear everything.

Hi Jody, thanks for taking the time to write your comment! It will help us improve. Zuz

The hostel was an amazing find. The only problem i had was internet connectivity. i was not able to connect at all.

• 25th Aug 2014

Best hostel we stayed at during our travels in Spain. More like a hotel than a hostel! Lovely staff, clean

location is good (near the Plaza del Sol), but it might be hard to find the hostel door for you. Staffs are so nice and room is clean !

It was awesome! Hotel like for hostel price. Quiet, clean, comfortable. All the amenities that you need. The staff helps with anything you need. The flamenco show they recommended was also great, best price we could find. One of the staff is fluent in English others are Spanish - all great. Yes they have an elevator. It's in the fourth floor. When the taxi dropped us off I didn't know we were there because the sign hangs off the building on the fourth floor above your head where you cant see it.

• 18th Aug 2014

Dear Jennifer thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We really appreciate it. I´m glad you enjoyed the flamenco, too. The price of the show really is a steal. We´ll be happy to welcome you here again! Zuz

Awesome location. Can walk almost anywhere or take close by Metro stops. Hotel feel, secure, clean.

Hi Leslie, thanks for your review! I´m happy to hear you had a good stay with us! Zuz

Just great place to stay, mine was definitely awesome. This place is in the very heart of the Plaza Sol and just 1 block to the metro station Vodaphone Sol. So If you want to go to Barajas Airport you just need 2 lines of the metro and very few stops. 30 mins by metro(subway, underground) to the airport. Basically you can walk to the famous Puerta de Alcala, Museo del Prado and Museo de la Reina Sofia in less than 15 mins walk depending on the pace and how do you want to enjoy. Nice place!!!

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for a glowing review! It is much appreciated. We´ll happily welcome you again in Bergantin. Zuz.

This is a good place to stay and in a central location. It was a bit hard to find though as there is only a small sign and I walked past it a couple of times. It occupies a single floor on a five floor building. Other hostels occupy other floors. I would recomend it.

Hi Winfried, yes the streets around our property can confuse you sometimes and the sign is pretty high up! Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments! I´m glad you enjoyed your stay! Zuz

This is more a hotel than a hostel. Awesome service, very clean and comfortable rooms. The staff is friendly and helps with everything. If you are looking for a place to have your privacy go there. Its absolutely worth the price. But if you are looking to meet people, you better go in a hostel with a common area and a kitchen. I liked my stay alot. Would definitely go back again.

Dear Adrian, thank you for taking the time to review our hostel! I´m glad you had such a positive experience. We´ll be glad to welcome you again here. Zuz.

If you can, avoid staying in the room right next to reception, this is where we stayed and heard the bell being rung throughout each night, people coming and going and each conversation at reception.

Dear Will, I´m very sorry you were disturbed at night! Usually we try to not book our guests into room 403 if we can help it but that weekend (4th and 5th of August) we were fully booked and didn´t have that option. Please accept my apology and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write the review of our property!

Be careful on the stairs - they are old and slippery! Or skip them and use the small elevator. Could not be more central of a location - but far enough off from Puerta del Sol that we weren't bothered by noise at night. Two out of three staff members that we interacted with were extremely helpful - the third was decidedly not so we just avoided her. Were very accommodating when I needed to make a change to my reservation. WiFi was spotty but it was fun having a TV in our room.

Really good hostel in the best location. I hadn't problems with the noise from the street.

Evertything was very good, location, price, charming rooms and the people from the staff were extremely nice and helpful

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Very nice place to stay in Madrid. Definitely worth the money. Central location, large rooms, everyday cleaning. The street is a little bit noisy at night, but this is a common problem for all hostels in that location, I assume.Two more notes: 1) common space is small, more like in a hotel with reception and rooms, than in a hostel. 2) We booked "twin private" - it is still two beds moved together like a "double private", not a large one.

This is not a social hostel and there in no common area but it is an excellent place if you want your own space for cheap and a quiet night. Great showers, spacious rooms, excellent wifi, very clean! Location is right in the heart of the city with lots of sight seeing right nearby. Check out the Mercado de San Miguel for delicious food!

Cleanest, most aesthetically pleasing hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms are very comfortable, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Right in the heart of Madrid in the plaza de sol. You will be glad you booked this hostel!!

Abpsolutely gret płace, in a middle of the historiacl part of Madryt.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Wonderful location right in the centre of Madrid and next to some great bars and restaurants. Staff were really helpful, giving us lots of advice for where to visit during our visit, and the airport transfer they offered us was quick and good value for money. I would definitely choose the same hostel again if I came back to Madrid.

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts