THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

The hostel was perfect, no other way of describing it. The staff were great, the rooms were clean with plenty of space, the people were very friendly and the rooftop was a perfect place to relax after the sun went down and start the night. Once I'm unpacked and re-adjusted to Australia, i'll be logging onto other review sites and saying the same thing. thank you so much for making my time in Hawaii an amazing one.

• 1st Sep 2014

The bathroom ran out of toilet paper and the staff on duty didn't know where to find any, nor did they seem too concerned by this. During check-in, there was no tour of the facilities or explanation of breakfast times or anything like that. The staff never inquired about plans or offered ideas for things to see/do. Of course you could figure out these things for yourself, but every other hostel I've stayed at has performed this basic customer service. Would not stay here again.

Our sincerely apologies for the inconvenience. We had a new hire who was in training and she was not fully able to assist your need that day. We have a new procedure now about toilet paper so that this incident does not happen again. Thank you.

This hostel recently had a name change. I would suggest that management put a reminder on the name since many websites/reviews still use the old name so that there might be some confusion. (I, for one was confused when I tried to find the place) It's a great place with the nicest and most helpful staff.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Awesome location, management and staff were helpful and created the best atmosphere at the hostel! Would recommend to everyone to stay here, don't have a negative thing to say about it!

Thank you so much for your great comments. We are very glad to hear that you had a wonderful vacation in Hawaii. With new professional management team, we will try harder to provide the best atmosphere and service for our guest. Thank you!

It's in a great location, just 3 blocks from the beach. The staff is more than friendly, but positive and upbeat as well. My scruples with security come from my roommates choosing to unlock the door for their own convenience. I did not have anything stolen, however. The rooftop bar is a nice plus, as was the kitchenette located in the room. I do wish that the bunks were solid and quiet ones instead of creaky, loud Walmart-style bunks.

Aloha, Thank you so much for your comment. We recently renovated entire hostel, and very glad to hear great comments about your stay. For your concern about property security, we started to upgrade to all door locks and open our front desk for 24 hours. Thank you.

There is no storage for luggage. They just leave it in the office.

• 11th Aug 2014

I am sorry to hear your inconvenience at the hostel. We had to use one of the rooms as our office while we renovate the hostel including Front desk office. You will be able to see big change next time you visit our hostel. Thank you.

One of the staff members was quite unhelpful- I stood at reception for 15 minutes waiting to ask a question whilst he chattered away on the phone without so far as acknowledging me. Beds are very creaky. Renovation work was going on at the hostel so very noisy at times. On the plus side good location, close to beach.

• 5th Aug 2014

Yes, the hostel has been under major renovation for much better facilities. We truly apology for your inconvenience and I hope that you can visit us next time and enjoy our great facilities. For your concern about staff, this should never happened and we took this matter very seriously. We do not accept this service at the hostel. Thank you.

The only annoying thing was waiting to check in at 3pm. Besides that everything was great! Thanks heaps!!!

Aloha, Thank you so much for your comment. We provide the fast check in possible, but we want to make sure that the room is ready with our expectation. Cleanness is the top priority in our service. Please ask for early check in next time as we always try to provide early check to our guests. Thank you.

Great location and super staff willing to help out!

• 31st Jul 2014

A GREAT location. There is no real communal area bar the roof, so it's not always easy to meet people other than those you meet in your room. Good luck with that! Breakfast isn't really breakfast buuuut it is great of them to put out some things if you're trying to save on spending so, appreciated! I felt it was clean enough but was expecting the worst (old reviews) The sweet young cleaning lady did a great job. Fair place to stay for a few days. A hostel.

Building was going on during our stay. Made accessing our room a problem some times, checkout was nearly impossible due to building outside of the office. We were turned away several times then asked by other staff members why we were still in our room!! We hired snorkle set for $12each. Upon ariving at the beach 30mins away we found out one of the packs was mising the gear we needed. I spent another $10 hiring more gear.Upon return we advised the office girl of problem.But no refund was given

The staff was excellent! When we arrived on Saturday there was a social hour with drinks. Plus each morning they supplied pastries in the common room for breakfast!

• 28th Jun 2014

Very good hostel. Had a great time. Staff is really nice. Common area is good to meet people. Highly recommended.

great location friendly staff great room would stay again (private room)

• 18th Jun 2014

Great place to stay for a week, the staff are friendly and helpful.

• 17th Jun 2014

Check in was okay (be mindful of HI state tax add on cost). Stairs are cumbersome for luggage. If you have a car-- they only have 3 spots for you to use. Will have to fight for Waikiki parking or pay for parking at the zoo. AC in room was not at its best. Shower was okay, took a long while for warm water and very low water pressure. Wifi doesn't reach rooms very well... I've stayed in more long term hostels. This is good for a place to crash, a night or two.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great, easy check in and check out!

Great location, only a block away from the beach. Weekly pub crawls and beer night / pizza night are fantastic. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms and the "free shuttle" advertised on the website should be changed because we had to pay for the shuttle from and to the airport. If you don't take part in the pub crawls it's tough to meet people the way the rooms/common area is set up.

• 10th Jun 2014

Average hostel very close to the beach scene and to buses which can take you anywhere else you'd want to go. The staff was very friendly, and organized activities such as a free pbr night. The shower was weak but I suspect that was only my room (11) really this was a totally fine hostel, no complaints and I would've been perfectly fine here for my whole time. However They were fully booked my last day so I did stay at another hostel, which I actually preffered. The atmosphere was better there

Very helpful staff. Nice and clean hostel with lockers and clean and well equipped rooms. Buses and beach are closeby. As a backpacker it was all we need.

« first « Prev 1 2 3