THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Place was cool. Good location. Fellow guests were rad. Seemed like there were some local people just hanging around who weren't really meant to be guests, they could definitely tighten up on security with that type of thing. Also went up for breakfast well before it was meant to be over and there was no food or coffee out :/

• 31st Jan 2016

Great employees. Great location. This is the place to stay if you are just there to party and need a place to crash and not spend so much $$.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

LETTER ON HONOLULU HOTEL I really enjoyed my week stay at The Beach hostel for ten reasons: (1) Location, location, LOCATION! The hostel is only two short blocks to Waikiki Beach, which, in my never humble opinion is the best beach in the world! (2) Excellent staff – Blythe, Shannon and the others who manned the front desk were always helpful and patient in answering the questions of a new comer to Hawaii. (3) Very nice beach towels handed out free and several at a time if needed....MORE

Terrible, would not stay there again.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Just the right size and everyone staying got on well with each other

Likes: location, ability to borrow gear to take to the beach, able to store luggage for the day, comfy beds Dislikes: overpriced for what you get, filthy bathroom, some staff members who weren't helpful and didn't really matter My friend and I had a pretty average hostel experience here in a 4-bed female dorm. I probably would have really appreciated the dinner nights if I was traveling solo but we were basically just sleeping here, not hanging out.

The beds are very uncomfortable and the rooms are not clean very regularly but besides this everything was perfect!

Fees have been implemented in the last year, from the key deposit to the bag watch fee. The security for the bag check was non existent, and the office where the bags were kept was continually left open and unmonitored.

Situated one block from the beach, the location is perfect. The rooftop terrace is awesome, but it would be nice if there were other common areas to meet other people. Breakfast is bare-bones, but it is free. Within walking distance to all the restaurants, shops, bars, grocery stores, etc. Bus stop to the Ala Moana center is just a block away, so it's easy and convenient if you want to travel around Ohahu. Staff is nice and friendly. Overall, a good hostel offering good value.

Very accommodating to changes we had. Helpful and informative with places to go, how to get there, things to see, etc. Great location and safe rooms. A bit of an older building but do their best to keep things clean and in good shape. Cool roof top patio. Super chill atmosphere!

• 14th Jan 2016

Great terrace and at a spitting distance from the beach, plus wonderful staff! Building is a bit old and run down though, the breakfast is also really, really basic. A great option overall!

The staff of the hostel were very friendly and informative about eevents and activities on the island. The rooms were great. I like that each room had its own bathroom, refrigerator, microwave and hot plate area. I really enjoyed meeting people during breaksfast and during the BBQ and pizza nights. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hostel to others.

• 7th Jan 2016

Nice place but dirty :( Good position Poor breakfast

• 4th Jan 2016

I thought the staff and environment made my Hawaiian trip fun and exciting. The only thing I disliked about the hostel was some of the areas in the room (shower, refrigerator) was dirty. I also notice the upstairs rooftop/common area was at times dirty or the bathroom was smelly.

This is by far the best Hostel in Waikiki! The staff at The Beach Waikiki Boutique Hostel were amazing! All of them were very knowledgeable about the surrounding area including restaurants, bars and clubs of course. I liked the rooftop common area as it provided plenty of space to gather and pre-funk before we all went out to enjoy Waikiki''s awesome nightlife . Tuesday nights they provided plenty of pizza for the entire Hostel with leftovers to boot. NYE WITH "THE BEACH" WAS AWESOME THANK YOU!

The place is well located but doesn't have character! The fact that the young lady at the reception would ignore you or have an attitude doesn't make people welcome. Still have to learn a lot about hospitality business.

This is a really nice friendly Hostel in a very good location.

I had such a great time at the THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel and had so much fun meeting cool people every night. I found the staff laid back but quite helpful and the facilities well kept. Hopefully one day i well get to stay there again!

• 20th Dec 2015

I had a great time staying at this hostel. I met a lot of cool people. There is a nice rooftop area to hang out. The rooms are nice and have a small kitchen. There is even free pizza on Tuesday nights. It is only a few blocks from the beach and right in the heart of Waikiki. The staff is really good too. When you check out, you can leave your bags there for the day if you have a flight in the evening, and they have a place for you to shower. I would definitely go back to this hostel.

Apart from my reservation being lost on my second trip back to the Hostel, everything was fine. The rooms are big, the bathrooms are the right size for a 4 bed dorm, and the staff are really friendly. The location is perfect, only 2 blocks from the beach and a block away from all main bus lines. Its a relaxed Hostel with a really friendly atmosphere. I would come back here again. Mahalo

• 19th Dec 2015