THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

It's in a great location, just 3 blocks from the beach. The staff is more than friendly, but positive and upbeat as well. My scruples with security come from my roommates choosing to unlock the door for their own convenience. I did not have anything stolen, however. The rooftop bar is a nice plus, as was the kitchenette located in the room. I do wish that the bunks were solid and quiet ones instead of creaky, loud Walmart-style bunks.

One of the staff members was quite unhelpful- I stood at reception for 15 minutes waiting to ask a question whilst he chattered away on the phone without so far as acknowledging me. Beds are very creaky. Renovation work was going on at the hostel so very noisy at times. On the plus side good location, close to beach.

• 5th Aug 2014

The only annoying thing was waiting to check in at 3pm. Besides that everything was great! Thanks heaps!!!

Great location and super staff willing to help out!

• 31st Jul 2014

A GREAT location. There is no real communal area bar the roof, so it's not always easy to meet people other than those you meet in your room. Good luck with that! Breakfast isn't really breakfast buuuut it is great of them to put out some things if you're trying to save on spending so, appreciated! I felt it was clean enough but was expecting the worst (old reviews) The sweet young cleaning lady did a great job. Fair place to stay for a few days. A hostel.

Building was going on during our stay. Made accessing our room a problem some times, checkout was nearly impossible due to building outside of the office. We were turned away several times then asked by other staff members why we were still in our room!! We hired snorkle set for $12each. Upon ariving at the beach 30mins away we found out one of the packs was mising the gear we needed. I spent another $10 hiring more gear.Upon return we advised the office girl of problem.But no refund was given

The staff was excellent! When we arrived on Saturday there was a social hour with drinks. Plus each morning they supplied pastries in the common room for breakfast!

• 28th Jun 2014

I was in Canada and you charge me. I am french native and when i booked i saw for the date the month of "Ju" for me it means July so i booked myself for the 25th et 26th. Amazing because all my order booking went well. Mean 3 hotel, 3 cars, 3 flight... So as i said i will be in Hawai from july the 12 th to the 28... I cannot write much more... no advise, no question ask before you just add money on my credit card..

Very good hostel. Had a great time. Staff is really nice. Common area is good to meet people. Highly recommended.

great location friendly staff great room would stay again (private room)

• 18th Jun 2014

Great place to stay for a week, the staff are friendly and helpful.

• 17th Jun 2014

Check in was okay (be mindful of HI state tax add on cost). Stairs are cumbersome for luggage. If you have a car-- they only have 3 spots for you to use. Will have to fight for Waikiki parking or pay for parking at the zoo. AC in room was not at its best. Shower was okay, took a long while for warm water and very low water pressure. Wifi doesn't reach rooms very well... I've stayed in more long term hostels. This is good for a place to crash, a night or two.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great, easy check in and check out!

Great location, only a block away from the beach. Weekly pub crawls and beer night / pizza night are fantastic. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms and the "free shuttle" advertised on the website should be changed because we had to pay for the shuttle from and to the airport. If you don't take part in the pub crawls it's tough to meet people the way the rooms/common area is set up.

• 10th Jun 2014

Average hostel very close to the beach scene and to buses which can take you anywhere else you'd want to go. The staff was very friendly, and organized activities such as a free pbr night. The shower was weak but I suspect that was only my room (11) really this was a totally fine hostel, no complaints and I would've been perfectly fine here for my whole time. However They were fully booked my last day so I did stay at another hostel, which I actually preffered. The atmosphere was better there

Very helpful staff. Nice and clean hostel with lockers and clean and well equipped rooms. Buses and beach are closeby. As a backpacker it was all we need.

Nice people, everyone was very friendly, free pizza night followed by free beer night. The place encouraged a communal vibe, everyone hanging out and making friends. Kitchen is clean with lots of pots and pans everything is really accessible in the common area. overall great stay thanks heaps everyone!

• 23rd May 2014

Nice and friendly staff, only 5 mins walk to the Beach and promenade. Good people there and free booze one day a week. Fridge and small kitchen in room. Good and clean facilities. Would recommend this to a friend.

I had a great time here! Met so many fun and nice people. José who was working at the hostel took great care of us, besides the regular hostel work he arranged for pubcrawls, pizza nights, hiking and just made it awesome. I came by myself with no plans and I ended up having the best vacation ever!

I highly recommend this hostel! Nice and clean Hostel. Nice staff - Big thanks u made my stay unforgettable! Though the common area is quite small. But they are already building a rooftop area so this problem should be solved in a couple of months. ABC Stores and beaches in 2 minutes walking distance. Fun times - I'll defo be back!

• 21st May 2014