THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Awesome place. Friendly staff!!!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Excellent location just two blocks from the beach. Staff was helpful telling me how to get places. The best part was a free rooftop cookout, BYOB. It was a great way to meet people. They also include breakfast, but I left before that started. I was disappointed that the room only had four lockers and six beds. I had to ask the front desk to store my valuables while I was out and when I slept. Also, keep in mind your need your own lock and towel. They do have towels/surf boards to rent.

• 20th Sep 2014

The rooms and restrooms are clean, but I have an Issue with the booking. I booked 2 pax in a 4 bed mix dorm. We arrived in the morning, so we couldn't get to the room, but we leave our bags and the guy at the front desk gave us the keys, Perfect. We came back in the afternoon, other guy in the front desk told us that my friend has to move to other room, 'cause the guy in the morning made a mistake. So we have to spent our stay in the hostel in separate rooms. Nobody was able to fix it.

Good hostel, very nice stuff and good location. They have snorkels and boards for rental. Just not that clean, there is a kitchen in the room but no pans or plates and anything like that. In the 3 floor they have a kitchen but it isnt very clean and they have no forks. Breakfast is from 8am to 9:30 so 1,5 h so nothing to eat if you have to check out early. The breakfast is just toast and coffee and little muffins but you must be early if you want one .

Aloha, Thank you for the comment. Yes, we have a kitchen, microwave, fridge in all rooms, but recommend to use big kitchen in 3 rd floor roof lounge because we do not want any roaches in the rooms. I am sorry that the kitchen was not clean when you use, we always try to keep it clean especially after full renovation. Thank you.

This is the best hostel on Honolulu. I have never stayed at a hostel before, but this was a great place! The staff is wonderful and you just can't choose a better hostel!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

I stayed in a shared room with 3 other girls, and the only problem was the shower, that was very little water, and the cleaning of the bathroom... They offer BBQ and pizza night, wich is awesome so we can meet people that are staying in the other rooms, since I was travelling alone, this was the oportunitie for making some new and awesome friends! Definitely recommend the hostel!

Aloha, Thank you for your stay and great comments. We will definitely take a look into your concern and make sure it improves fast. Thank you.

The hostel was perfect, no other way of describing it. The staff were great, the rooms were clean with plenty of space, the people were very friendly and the rooftop was a perfect place to relax after the sun went down and start the night. Once I'm unpacked and re-adjusted to Australia, i'll be logging onto other review sites and saying the same thing. thank you so much for making my time in Hawaii an amazing one.

• 1st Sep 2014

The hostel is really close to Waikiki beach and the atmosphere there was great. We liked the rooftop. Unfortunately there was not always someone english speaking at the reception.

The bathroom ran out of toilet paper and the staff on duty didn't know where to find any, nor did they seem too concerned by this. During check-in, there was no tour of the facilities or explanation of breakfast times or anything like that. The staff never inquired about plans or offered ideas for things to see/do. Of course you could figure out these things for yourself, but every other hostel I've stayed at has performed this basic customer service. Would not stay here again.

Our sincerely apologies for the inconvenience. We had a new hire who was in training and she was not fully able to assist your need that day. We have a new procedure now about toilet paper so that this incident does not happen again. Thank you.

This hostel recently had a name change. I would suggest that management put a reminder on the name since many websites/reviews still use the old name so that there might be some confusion. (I, for one was confused when I tried to find the place) It's a great place with the nicest and most helpful staff.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Awesome location, management and staff were helpful and created the best atmosphere at the hostel! Would recommend to everyone to stay here, don't have a negative thing to say about it!

Thank you so much for your great comments. We are very glad to hear that you had a wonderful vacation in Hawaii. With new professional management team, we will try harder to provide the best atmosphere and service for our guest. Thank you!

It's in a great location, just 3 blocks from the beach. The staff is more than friendly, but positive and upbeat as well. My scruples with security come from my roommates choosing to unlock the door for their own convenience. I did not have anything stolen, however. The rooftop bar is a nice plus, as was the kitchenette located in the room. I do wish that the bunks were solid and quiet ones instead of creaky, loud Walmart-style bunks.

Aloha, Thank you so much for your comment. We recently renovated entire hostel, and very glad to hear great comments about your stay. For your concern about property security, we started to upgrade to all door locks and open our front desk for 24 hours. Thank you.

There is no storage for luggage. They just leave it in the office.

• 11th Aug 2014

I am sorry to hear your inconvenience at the hostel. We had to use one of the rooms as our office while we renovate the hostel including Front desk office. You will be able to see big change next time you visit our hostel. Thank you.

One of the staff members was quite unhelpful- I stood at reception for 15 minutes waiting to ask a question whilst he chattered away on the phone without so far as acknowledging me. Beds are very creaky. Renovation work was going on at the hostel so very noisy at times. On the plus side good location, close to beach.

• 5th Aug 2014

Yes, the hostel has been under major renovation for much better facilities. We truly apology for your inconvenience and I hope that you can visit us next time and enjoy our great facilities. For your concern about staff, this should never happened and we took this matter very seriously. We do not accept this service at the hostel. Thank you.

The only annoying thing was waiting to check in at 3pm. Besides that everything was great! Thanks heaps!!!

Aloha, Thank you so much for your comment. We provide the fast check in possible, but we want to make sure that the room is ready with our expectation. Cleanness is the top priority in our service. Please ask for early check in next time as we always try to provide early check to our guests. Thank you.

Great location and super staff willing to help out!

• 31st Jul 2014

A GREAT location. There is no real communal area bar the roof, so it's not always easy to meet people other than those you meet in your room. Good luck with that! Breakfast isn't really breakfast buuuut it is great of them to put out some things if you're trying to save on spending so, appreciated! I felt it was clean enough but was expecting the worst (old reviews) The sweet young cleaning lady did a great job. Fair place to stay for a few days. A hostel.

Building was going on during our stay. Made accessing our room a problem some times, checkout was nearly impossible due to building outside of the office. We were turned away several times then asked by other staff members why we were still in our room!! We hired snorkle set for $12each. Upon ariving at the beach 30mins away we found out one of the packs was mising the gear we needed. I spent another $10 hiring more gear.Upon return we advised the office girl of problem.But no refund was given

The staff was excellent! When we arrived on Saturday there was a social hour with drinks. Plus each morning they supplied pastries in the common room for breakfast!

• 28th Jun 2014

Very good hostel. Had a great time. Staff is really nice. Common area is good to meet people. Highly recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3