THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

It is a great place to stay if you are traveling alone because people get to know each other! They offer free barbecue and free pizza nights (on specific days) and it is a good opportunity to meet new people!! I recommend and if I come back to Honolulu I will definitely stay there again! If they get a van a do daily guided tours (for the guests, as other Hostels do in Hawaii), they are gonna be the best place to stay in O`ahu!

Such a good hostel. The rooms have a private bathroom. Everything is new and clean. Free pizza on Tuesday nights is delicious. All the staff were awesome! Wish I could have stayed longer. Can't hear noise from other rooms which is great.

• 4th May 2015

Look no further - highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a hostel in Waikiki! 1-min walk to the beach, has low-priced rentals on equipment & honestly has the best staff. Josh, Hailey, Blanca, Namisha - you guys made me feel at home & were so welcoming. While there for quite a number of days, i watched how u guys dealt with visitors - it is no doubt the manager of this place knows what he is doing! You guys are gems! ♥thank u!! Roof top is awesome w/ an outdoor kitchen & has a tv.

Awesome hostel and fantastic location. Great wifi and friendly staff. Not much to say bad about the place. I'll definitely be goning back!

Room could be cleaned more ofter through the week you stay

Great pizza and BBQ dinners for free through out the week but breakfast was just bread and coffee. Great rooftop area but wasn't used a lot and didn't find the hostel overly social. There were many different staff members and they weren't always at the front desk but in general they were friendly and helpful. Rooms were cleaned often but shower didn't drain well and they were often dirty. Location definitely is the best part of the hostel but still expensive for what you get.

I liked the small rooms and the clothes lines outside for you to dry your swimsuits/towels (although no clothes pins, so keep that in mind if the clothes you want to dry are very light), and the laundry machines were great to have too. The staff were friendly and really helpful in giving info about places I wanted to go. The breakfast (at least the one morning I went) was bread with spreads and I think maybe muffins, which for me is not substantial enough, but it may be enough for others.

Great hostel, rooftop area a great way to meet people! Cheap snorkel hire and free brekkie, and all the staff there were lovely and helpfu too :)

I had an awesome stay in the hostel! The location is great, rooms are clean and big and the staff is super friendly. It is also really easy to meet new people because everybody is hanging out at the rooftop!! It was amazing I would totally go back there!

• 13th Apr 2015

Feels more like a luxury motel than a hostel. Perhaps that's why people don't gather in the common areas as much as other hostels I've stayed in. The common areas are also split up between the 3rd and 1st floor. The people are friendly, one resident ordered pizza for everyone during my stay (thanks Innocent!) A bit on the fratty/party boy side, but not in a bad way. To each his own.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Nice to be in an air conditioned 4 person dorm! Amazing location - beach is 2 minutes away, and shops, restaurants, and activities all within walking distance! My only suggestion would be to advertise a fridge/freezer in each room rather than a kitchenette, since we can't actually use the kitchenette in the rooms. I would definitely stay here again

• 7th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Amazing vibes with amazing people. The rooftop is such a great easy way to meet new people. I wish it was open till 10. Esra at the front desk is the coolest.

• 6th Apr 2015

Roof top terrace created a really fun atmosphere to meet new people and hang out. Great location to the beach and bus stops and not that far a walk from anything in Waikiki. I really enjoyed my stay here and met some really cool people at the same time!

• 27th Mar 2015

Nice location, good people!!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

I was there for a week and I met lots of good people, the hostel is not to big so it's easy to network with other travellers. There are lots of activities outside the hostel and they are good at booking excursions. More activities or events in the evening would be nice although one night is pizza, and another is barbeque. overall I would return to the hostel if I were to return to Hawaii.

coolest hostel in Waikiki!...out of the 3 I stayed at Great location, staff, atmosphere, rooms with full size kitchen...everything! Its a little bit more expensive than other hostels but you get what you pay for. This is my first choice if I ever come back to Waikiki! Only downside is the security but that's only a small fault. Rooms have locks and there are lockers inside the room to store valuables

I absolutely loved this hostel! Super nice people, Hailey and Chad were especially helpful :). The rooms were clean, and free barbecue along with free pizza night were a huge bonus! The free tours by Chad were awesome, I got to see almost all of the island during my trip. I would defiantly recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 17th Mar 2015

This place is far from clean. Our room was hardly cleaned at all in 8 days. The bathrooms and floors were filthy. Out toilet broke 3 times in 8 days. There's not really a great atmosphere at this hostel. I usually love meeting other travellers but I found that hard to do here. The front desk staff are not polite. The girls tend to be quite rude and don't really speak to you or even say hello. Tried to use the hostel to book tours and car hire

First time ever staying in hostel. Was little bit nervous at first but so happy that did it. Ever one I meet was very nice, easy going witch was great. Waikiki beach was two blocks way from hostel witch was very nice. Room were very clean, bath room was nice. They have free Wii for there guest. Tuesday night they have pizza night for there guest on rooftop. Over all it was very great first time Experience.

• 24th Feb 2015

Was pretty cool, I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Location is amazing, and I love the atmosphere of this place :)

• 23rd Feb 2015