THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel

8.4
Fabulous 1722 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

I went when I was pretty broke so it was amazing they had free breakfast every morning and dinners twice a week! I absolutely loved the atmosphere, hanging out with other random travelers on the roof at night. The location was perfect, kinda further from all the shops and not as packed with tourists, but very very close to Waikiki beach. The rooms are not super clean but you should not be inside except to sleep anyway, it's hawii. I plan on staying here every time I visit the island!

• Germany, Female, 31-40
11th Feb 2017
7.7

I had a good time staying in this hostel. The roof top is fantastic. :) The few negative things would have happened in other places too, for example there were cockroaches but they come anywhere if they want to, right? One thing that I didn't like though was the lack of furniture. A shelf to put a few things would be great!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Awesome location. Good vibe. No complaints !!!!

• Croatia, Female, 18-24
5th Feb 2017
7.7

I liked the Hostel, it's located right at waikiki Beach and close to Diamond head crater. They cleaned our room every day! The only thing that was a tiny problem was that the only "hangout room" was the rooftop without a roof, so at a rainy day you are stuck in your room, and can't even hang out with other people, besides your roommates. Besides that it was a great hostel, also every room has their own bathroom, what is really convenient.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Awesome location (literally 3min walk to the beach and to the main strip of Waikiki) and awesome staff. Nice roof area to socialize (#rooftopcrew) and have a simple brekky (free every morning, incl toast, muffins, all your spreads and stuff. Juice and coffee. Oats). Basic but fine for what it is. Very good environment to meet people and since it's so close to the main strip, easy to go out as a big group and find places to hang out. Would highly recommend.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Unexpectedly good free Chinese buffet dinner on sat nights! The 4-bed dorm was pretty good- with room fridge, microwave, hanging closet, ensuite, lockers, and plenty of powerpoints. Friendly staff but didn't offer much local knowledge must-dos/eats/sees/exoerience etc...

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Feb 2017
4.9

Where to begin. We couldn't have any food in our room due to the amount of cockroaches. They told us that they "bombed" the room, and that we weren't allowed to be in there for three hours following. To be honest it felt like i saw more roaches after they cleaned it than before. The "kitchen" is nothing more than a kitchenette with little to no utensils, pots and pans. No organised activities, so you were only really able to socialise with your roomies. Breakfast was extremely poor.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2017

I loved my stay at this hostel. It was my first ever hostel experience so naturally I was a bit apprehensive before arriving, but once I got there I was really happy with everything! The location was amazing, just a super short walk to the beach and within walking distance to some great restaurants and shops. I stayed in a female 4-bed dorm and I really enjoyed chatting to the other girls who stayed in the room. Everyone at the front desk was also super friendly and helpful!

• xandrarenee
  • USA, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2017
2.9

Got to hostel, we were excited to stay there. Looked fun/chill/clean etc. We check in, taken to a different location, a street away. No explanation..when asked told it was under same management. Told nothing prior to check in. The room was filthy; I don't feel that I have high standards, but this was just not clean. The coffee cups were dirty, the floor unswept, bugs all over the bathroom (esp toilet) and incredible amounts of hair/dirt in shower. Hostel looked fine, but didn't experience it.

26th Jan 2017

Nice beach hostel. Would stay there again.