THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

The AC was a bonas cool the room perfectly and sleeped alot better Breakfast, location, staff, etc all good

We stayed in a private room, thought it was a bit expensive but it was top quality with fridge, TV, pull out couch, en-suite, good AC. Free all you can eat pizza on Tuesday and Saturday was great to get people together and social but apart from that it was quiet so a good balance really! Top place, highly recommend

Stayed in this place twice during my Hawaiian trip. Got a second floor room the first time which was average but great people so they made up for it. Second time I was on the ground floor in a beautiful room. They put 4 beds in there, not bunks which made it feel a lot bigger. All rooms have ensuite. And the rooftop is great - it's just realllllly under-ultilised. Hawaii is expense for what you get and this place is no exception but I'd stay there over any other place in Honolulu next time.

Staff were NOT at all helpful with the area or figuring out things to see or do. Even with Pearl Harbor we were given really inaccurate, unhelpful information. Chris was fun though!!!

• 4th Aug 2015

We stayed there for two weeks. Great locations and the rooms were big. We were a bit annoyed when they changed our rooms late one night, other then that it was great. Cleaning was basic. Great location, great value and they have free meal nights. Special shout out to Chris for helping us around and giving us heaps of info.

The hostel was nice, especially the roof top. But I chose this hostel because there was a kitchen in the room. For that I payed 10 dollars more than the other hostel with better location. So I was dissappointed when I found the note that the kitchen is not to be used. And the kitchen on the roof was closed so early that even though I had the food ready, I couldn't heat it anywhere. There was a micro in the room but no fork. Didn't feel like eating pasta with my fingers.

Great place to stay very friendly staff

Great vibe

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

The board is really helpful to learn about activities!

We loved our stay at your hostel. Everyone was so friendly and fun to be around, the atmosphere was totally relaxed and welcoming. The facilities are spacious and very clean and the location is just on spot. Loved every second there!

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Loved the free pizza night And loved having a working fridge in my room that we could use!!

Location is very close to the beach, a definite plus but depending on your preferences, the views are of concrete walls. It was squeezed in between other apartment buildings. To my wife and I this was not a problem at all, it felt cozy and tranquil, plus the beach was a block away. Only other note worth considering, the free breakfast is toast and a selection of packaged muffins. Coffee and tea are available but not of high quality, pre-ground packaged stuff.

Bathrooms were very dirty and staff are not very welcoming at all. Thought they were quite rude

• 9th Jun 2015

Aloha, Thank you for your stay at The Beach Waikiki Boutique. We had very old flooring tile in the bathroom which made bathroom look dirty sometimes. However, we have just replaced these flooring tiles for ALL rooms this week! Hope you can visit us next time and see the improvements both from facilities and staffs. Mahalo!

excellent location, great rooms. Would recommend anyone visiting Honolulu to stay there.

Great hostel, amazing location a block off Waikiki beach and a very cool staff. Will definitely stay again when I return to Waikiki beach.

The bedrooms and bathrooms were never properly cleaned (I understand that sand gets everywhere, but there was a lot of mold in the bathroom's ceiling). There was a lot of noise - which was only covered by our extremely loud air conditioner. At one point I felt like taking a shower would be worse than not showering at all. The breakfast was really simple (standard for a cheap hostel), but there was also mold in the bread. To top it off, my friend and I got the worst roommates ever.

Really enjoyed my stay. Can only recommend it. Great people, great place!

Very helpful staff. I enjoyed breakfast. Cleanliness of bathroom can be better.

• 24th May 2015
  • Japan

So close to the beach! Has a great atmosphere and seems like they host lots of events. Very welcoming staff. We only got to stay one night, but enjoyed it. Short walk to restaurants and bars as well!

It is a great place to stay if you are traveling alone because people get to know each other! They offer free barbecue and free pizza nights (on specific days) and it is a good opportunity to meet new people!! I recommend and if I come back to Honolulu I will definitely stay there again! If they get a van a do daily guided tours (for the guests, as other Hostels do in Hawaii), they are gonna be the best place to stay in O`ahu!