THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Location is very close to the beach, a definite plus but depending on your preferences, the views are of concrete walls. It was squeezed in between other apartment buildings. To my wife and I this was not a problem at all, it felt cozy and tranquil, plus the beach was a block away. Only other note worth considering, the free breakfast is toast and a selection of packaged muffins. Coffee and tea are available but not of high quality, pre-ground packaged stuff.

Bathrooms were very dirty and staff are not very welcoming at all. Thought they were quite rude

• 9th Jun 2015

excellent location, great rooms. Would recommend anyone visiting Honolulu to stay there.

Great hostel, amazing location a block off Waikiki beach and a very cool staff. Will definitely stay again when I return to Waikiki beach.

The bedrooms and bathrooms were never properly cleaned (I understand that sand gets everywhere, but there was a lot of mold in the bathroom's ceiling). There was a lot of noise - which was only covered by our extremely loud air conditioner. At one point I felt like taking a shower would be worse than not showering at all. The breakfast was really simple (standard for a cheap hostel), but there was also mold in the bread. To top it off, my friend and I got the worst roommates ever.

Really enjoyed my stay. Can only recommend it. Great people, great place!

Very helpful staff. I enjoyed breakfast. Cleanliness of bathroom can be better.

• 24th May 2015
  • Japan

So close to the beach! Has a great atmosphere and seems like they host lots of events. Very welcoming staff. We only got to stay one night, but enjoyed it. Short walk to restaurants and bars as well!

It is a great place to stay if you are traveling alone because people get to know each other! They offer free barbecue and free pizza nights (on specific days) and it is a good opportunity to meet new people!! I recommend and if I come back to Honolulu I will definitely stay there again! If they get a van a do daily guided tours (for the guests, as other Hostels do in Hawaii), they are gonna be the best place to stay in O`ahu!

Nice hostel, very friendly staff, excellent location near the beach, free barbecue and pizza some evenings on the beautiful terrace on the roof. I extended my stay there and can definitely recommend this hostel!

• 8th May 2015

Such a good hostel. The rooms have a private bathroom. Everything is new and clean. Free pizza on Tuesday nights is delicious. All the staff were awesome! Wish I could have stayed longer. Can't hear noise from other rooms which is great.

• 4th May 2015

Hospitality was great, love the little free food events and the list of things to do by the front desk. The location is just amazing! RIGHT BY THE BEACH! Only thing that could improve is the shower -- it's a been damp and dark in there... and quite small.

• 2nd May 2015

Look no further - highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a hostel in Waikiki! 1-min walk to the beach, has low-priced rentals on equipment & honestly has the best staff. Josh, Hailey, Blanca, Namisha - you guys made me feel at home & were so welcoming. While there for quite a number of days, i watched how u guys dealt with visitors - it is no doubt the manager of this place knows what he is doing! You guys are gems! ♥thank u!! Roof top is awesome w/ an outdoor kitchen & has a tv.

Awesome hostel and fantastic location. Great wifi and friendly staff. Not much to say bad about the place. I'll definitely be goning back!

Room could be cleaned more ofter through the week you stay

Great pizza and BBQ dinners for free through out the week but breakfast was just bread and coffee. Great rooftop area but wasn't used a lot and didn't find the hostel overly social. There were many different staff members and they weren't always at the front desk but in general they were friendly and helpful. Rooms were cleaned often but shower didn't drain well and they were often dirty. Location definitely is the best part of the hostel but still expensive for what you get.

I liked the small rooms and the clothes lines outside for you to dry your swimsuits/towels (although no clothes pins, so keep that in mind if the clothes you want to dry are very light), and the laundry machines were great to have too. The staff were friendly and really helpful in giving info about places I wanted to go. The breakfast (at least the one morning I went) was bread with spreads and I think maybe muffins, which for me is not substantial enough, but it may be enough for others.

This hostel is the best choice on Waikiki. I made friends at the other hostels in the area and they all visited the Boutique and thought it was better than their own. The staff was great and I loved the AC in each room. It was also cool that this hostel didn't throw away some of the things left behind by other travelers (i.e. Shampoos, unopened sodas, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc) Everything I listed I needed and didn't have and did have to buy! Call me nasty but I'm a traveler. Stay here!!

Great hostel, rooftop area a great way to meet people! Cheap snorkel hire and free brekkie, and all the staff there were lovely and helpfu too :)

I had an awesome stay in the hostel! The location is great, rooms are clean and big and the staff is super friendly. It is also really easy to meet new people because everybody is hanging out at the rooftop!! It was amazing I would totally go back there!

• 13th Apr 2015