THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Great location!! My only complaint is the bathroom in the room smelled pretty bad.

Thank you for you wonderful stay at the hostel. It can be little crowded in the private bathroom of MIX 6 bed room. You may not see this because your stay was only one night, but we do have excellent daily housekeeping service in noon. We will pay more attention on this area next time. Mahalo!

This hostel was an old hotel. Each room is a hotel room with bunk beds, a kitchenette, lockers (bring your own lock) and bathroom with shower. Towels are available for $1. Good sitting area upstairs, although the night I was there not too many people congregating there. Decent beach a couple of blocks away, although it's quite shallow and full of coral reefs (great for snorkeling). A nice typical Hawaiian 'lunch plate' drive-in diner about a 5-7 min walk away (rainbow drive-in).

Bathrooms were quite stinky. Honolulu's humid weather and rain help to ensure that it never gets dry in there...

If the cleaning had not been so bad, I could have been able to recommend this place. This hostel need at least to start weet wipe their floors. You can see that this hostel at one time started with high ambition, but that the ambitions now are lacking with staff and management.

Aloha , My sincerely apology for any inconvenience. We have a daily housekeeping service and has a high standard cleanness procedure as you can see the other reviews. We keep improving our products with amazing staffs that we have had since the reopening, and we feel very sorry that you did not see that. From your comment above, we will try harder to be the great hostel for your next visit. Thank you.

Very clean Hostel, Great atmosphere.

• 31st Oct 2014

I thought my stay was pretty nice, great staff, a ton of travellers checking in and out so theres no shortage of people to meet. I did however think that the breakfast options were extremely limited, more is needed than just toast!

• 26th Oct 2014

Very friendly staff and good atmosphere to meet other fellow travellers. Free BBQ was put on the day I arrived which was awesome!! Thanks heaps to everyone at The Beach. Had an awesome time

• 25th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

This was such an amazing hostel, the people at the front were so friendly and helpful and really helped find the good spots to visit on oahu. The rooms were very clean, relatively modern, spacious and it was great having a kitchen and bathroom right in the room. The common area was also an excellent way to meet people. Absolutely loved it! Would for sure go back.

Regret not staying for a longer duration! We booked as a ‘bed for the night’ before embarking on our adventures in Oahu. We arrived after a 20h flight to a welcoming reception of staff and guests, once we dropped our bags we were invited for drinks. This hostel really captures the “backpacker” spirit! We stayed in a private en-suite private room, better than expected: We had a cooking area, fridge and air-con. Staff were very friendly and helpful, they advised us and booked a rental car for us

• 20th Oct 2014

Would definitely recommend booking you and your mates here. I stayed in most of the hostels on Lemon rd at some stage or another and non of them compare to this one. Ended up staying for a month. The service/quality was phenomenal. It was clean, affordable and always a fun time..We had our own kitchen, fridge and bathroom in our dorm. Air conditioning and the rooftop terrace were a plus, but the best thing about the hostel were the staff. They were all super knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

• 20th Oct 2014

I've stayed here before and was pleased enough to return on my way through. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, upgraded facilities, extremely convenient location. Highly recommended.

• 12th Oct 2014

I only stayed one night at the hostel, and was invited to go out with a bunch of people as soon as I arrived. I had a great time checking out some Honolulu dancing and karaoke with very friendly and fun people. The staff was great, a couple of them even joined in and suggested where to go. I will definitely stay here again if I come back to Honolulu :-D

This hostel was a ten out of ten. Best hostel in waikiki for sure. Setting a very high standard.

• 11th Oct 2014

Best staff ever! Way better then staying at a hotel! Hostel throws parties for guests and they enjoy so much their work that I felt like them all were part of the party... Looking forward to get back to hawaii just to have some amazing time.

• 11th Oct 2014

The staff were the best! Really helpful and ensuring that everyone was having the best time they can. The hostel is recently developed and whilst I was staying there was still being upgraded further. It is in the hostel area which is in a 2 minute walk to the beach. Only downside I might have was the bed was super creaky. Highly recommended! !

The best hostel in Waikiki for the security, hospitality, service and location. The staff er friendly, helpful and excellence.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Norway

The friendliest, very welcoming staff. They're laid back and try to make the guests feel at ease. The patrons are all travelers, also very friendly, seemingly responsible. Overall, it's a safe, clean, fun place to stay. There's even a rooftop lounge where you can socialize and make new friends. This was my first time staying in a hostel. I'm fortunate that I picked a good one.

• 7th Oct 2014

The hostel was nice and the people and staff were all really friendly. The rooftop is such a nice place to hang out! My only disappointment was that there were very few outlets in the room and no personal light or shelf to put my things by the bed, which was very annoying when on the top part of the bunk bed. I hope they get to fix that, because otherwise it was a great hostel.

For this money the hostel was great. The location was excellent. At the center of the Waikiki beach. Problem is that the security is poor. The cleaning lady just lost my t-shirt. Overall if you have low budget then this hostel is for you!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Bangladesh

Aloha, Thank you for your comment. We are very glad that you had a great time at the hostel. Our Housekeeping Dept is very professional and never had a issue with guest's belongs after new management.

Awesome place. Friendly staff!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3