THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Great hostel, rooftop area a great way to meet people! Cheap snorkel hire and free brekkie, and all the staff there were lovely and helpfu too :)

• 15th Apr 2015

Feels more like a luxury motel than a hostel. Perhaps that's why people don't gather in the common areas as much as other hostels I've stayed in. The common areas are also split up between the 3rd and 1st floor. The people are friendly, one resident ordered pizza for everyone during my stay (thanks Innocent!) A bit on the fratty/party boy side, but not in a bad way. To each his own.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • patr_ck

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Nice to be in an air conditioned 4 person dorm! Amazing location - beach is 2 minutes away, and shops, restaurants, and activities all within walking distance! My only suggestion would be to advertise a fridge/freezer in each room rather than a kitchenette, since we can't actually use the kitchenette in the rooms. I would definitely stay here again

• 7th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Amazing vibes with amazing people. The rooftop is such a great easy way to meet new people. I wish it was open till 10. Esra at the front desk is the coolest.

• 6th Apr 2015

Roof top terrace created a really fun atmosphere to meet new people and hang out. Great location to the beach and bus stops and not that far a walk from anything in Waikiki. I really enjoyed my stay here and met some really cool people at the same time!

• 27th Mar 2015

Nice location, good people!!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

I was there for a week and I met lots of good people, the hostel is not to big so it's easy to network with other travellers. There are lots of activities outside the hostel and they are good at booking excursions. More activities or events in the evening would be nice although one night is pizza, and another is barbeque. overall I would return to the hostel if I were to return to Hawaii.

coolest hostel in Waikiki!...out of the 3 I stayed at Great location, staff, atmosphere, rooms with full size kitchen...everything! Its a little bit more expensive than other hostels but you get what you pay for. This is my first choice if I ever come back to Waikiki! Only downside is the security but that's only a small fault. Rooms have locks and there are lockers inside the room to store valuables

I absolutely loved this hostel! Super nice people, Hailey and Chad were especially helpful :). The rooms were clean, and free barbecue along with free pizza night were a huge bonus! The free tours by Chad were awesome, I got to see almost all of the island during my trip. I would defiantly recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 17th Mar 2015

This place is far from clean. Our room was hardly cleaned at all in 8 days. The bathrooms and floors were filthy. Out toilet broke 3 times in 8 days. There's not really a great atmosphere at this hostel. I usually love meeting other travellers but I found that hard to do here. The front desk staff are not polite. The girls tend to be quite rude and don't really speak to you or even say hello. Tried to use the hostel to book tours and car hire

First time ever staying in hostel. Was little bit nervous at first but so happy that did it. Ever one I meet was very nice, easy going witch was great. Waikiki beach was two blocks way from hostel witch was very nice. Room were very clean, bath room was nice. They have free Wii for there guest. Tuesday night they have pizza night for there guest on rooftop. Over all it was very great first time Experience.

• 24th Feb 2015

Was pretty cool, I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Location is amazing, and I love the atmosphere of this place :)

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Poland

I loved this hostel. The rooms have fridges and bathrooms. The rooftop lounge area is amazing. The people are 100% awesome. :-]

Can't ask for a better location

First hostel stay and wasn't sure what to expect but made some great friends. Could have been cleaner but would have been better in all female dorm. Was good overall!

• 22nd Feb 2015

the hostel is ok. Internet connection is very unstable and poor. The guy at reception was quiet good but the girl was a bit useless.

Nicest hostel I've ever been to. Clean, friendly, close to the beach!

• 15th Feb 2015

Really good location and friendly staff. Well worth the slightly higher price for superior facilities. Only issue is the roof closes at 10pm so have to hang out downstairs where there isn't that much room.

It was a great hostel! One of the best I have stayed in. The pros- location is perfect, cheap (if not free) rental equip for beach, the rooftop is pretty nice to hang out on if you are with a group, the rooms are cute and had enough space for the 4 people in mine. Bathroom shelves and lockers in the room made it homey for the few days. Warm showers, always someone at front desk who was knowledgeable,. Only Con-not being able to cook in room kitchen. Would recommend it!

Great place to stay in Waikiki with great staff and very close to the beach. Only problem is that the common room closes at 10PM and there are issues with the neighbors complaining about the noise. Would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4