THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Great, easy check in and check out!

Great location, only a block away from the beach. Weekly pub crawls and beer night / pizza night are fantastic. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms and the "free shuttle" advertised on the website should be changed because we had to pay for the shuttle from and to the airport. If you don't take part in the pub crawls it's tough to meet people the way the rooms/common area is set up.

• 10th Jun 2014

Average hostel very close to the beach scene and to buses which can take you anywhere else you'd want to go. The staff was very friendly, and organized activities such as a free pbr night. The shower was weak but I suspect that was only my room (11) really this was a totally fine hostel, no complaints and I would've been perfectly fine here for my whole time. However They were fully booked my last day so I did stay at another hostel, which I actually preffered. The atmosphere was better there

Very helpful staff. Nice and clean hostel with lockers and clean and well equipped rooms. Buses and beach are closeby. As a backpacker it was all we need.

Nice people, everyone was very friendly, free pizza night followed by free beer night. The place encouraged a communal vibe, everyone hanging out and making friends. Kitchen is clean with lots of pots and pans everything is really accessible in the common area. overall great stay thanks heaps everyone!

• 23rd May 2014

Nice and friendly staff, only 5 mins walk to the Beach and promenade. Good people there and free booze one day a week. Fridge and small kitchen in room. Good and clean facilities. Would recommend this to a friend.

I had a great time here! Met so many fun and nice people. José who was working at the hostel took great care of us, besides the regular hostel work he arranged for pubcrawls, pizza nights, hiking and just made it awesome. I came by myself with no plans and I ended up having the best vacation ever!

I highly recommend this hostel! Nice and clean Hostel. Nice staff - Big thanks u made my stay unforgettable! Though the common area is quite small. But they are already building a rooftop area so this problem should be solved in a couple of months. ABC Stores and beaches in 2 minutes walking distance. Fun times - I'll defo be back!

• 21st May 2014

Big rooms, with refrigerator and kitchen. Good bathroom, sheet very clean. Nice staff. Simple breakfast. Wi if just works in the kitchen. I would definitely stay there again, it doesn't feel like a hostel, it's very comfortable.

Thanks so much for a brilliant stay with great value for money. They created a great atmosphere and were very welcoming.

• 14th May 2014

Awesome hostel, rooms are really clean and beds are comfy. Didn't use any facilities (laundry, kitchen etc) and didn't find it to be a very sociable hostel, but would definitely stay again. Rooms have kitchenettes in, pretty sweet to put drinks in the fridge/freezer when it gets hot at night. Soooo close to the beach, bus stop to the airport and major shopping area.

Nice place to stay, clean and comfortable beds, and very friendly and helpful staff. I will come back.

One people from the staff stole my bag... How good can it be with that?

• 12th May 2014

Really good hostel, good location you have the beach at the corner, you are close from everything. The staff are nice, with smile, don't remember her name but the girl at the office really helpful, a housecleaner coming every day cleanning our room and bathroom. Good hostel that I recommended! Only the shuttle, it's a guy appart, but not really helpful, call him the day before to drive me at the airport and the day he doesn't show up so need to call someone else and miss my flight.

• 3rd May 2014

Nice hostel, but showers are awful. No shower head, and warm water lasted bout 4 mins.

I had big problems with my room. Shower not working, toilet not working, staff checked me out without my request due to an internal mistake. I got a refund, but it wasn't nice enough to pay for the problems I got.

• 27th Apr 2014

Really nice hostel, really clean, with lots of facilities. Excellet location.

Lack of a common room made it feel very crowded. They never locked the front gate so anyone could walk in. There was an extensive amount of black mold in the rooms, and left a very musty smell. The fan / air conditioning didn't work so we couldn't circulate any air in the room. We had a room with an ensuite. The appliances were nice and new. But we ha no utensils to cook with and there was barely any supplied in the common kitchen. Staff were friendly.

• 20th Apr 2014

I had a great experience with this hostel. Very, very clean. Great atmosphere. The only negative thing I could possibly think of is that there were extra fees at check-in that weren't mentioned while booking online (nothing extreme however). I would book another stay for sure.

• 18th Apr 2014

Room was big and with a bathroom. Good location.