THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

I had such a great time at the THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel and had so much fun meeting cool people every night. I found the staff laid back but quite helpful and the facilities well kept. Hopefully one day i well get to stay there again!

• 20th Dec 2015

I had a great time staying at this hostel. I met a lot of cool people. There is a nice rooftop area to hang out. The rooms are nice and have a small kitchen. There is even free pizza on Tuesday nights. It is only a few blocks from the beach and right in the heart of Waikiki. The staff is really good too. When you check out, you can leave your bags there for the day if you have a flight in the evening, and they have a place for you to shower. I would definitely go back to this hostel.

Apart from my reservation being lost on my second trip back to the Hostel, everything was fine. The rooms are big, the bathrooms are the right size for a 4 bed dorm, and the staff are really friendly. The location is perfect, only 2 blocks from the beach and a block away from all main bus lines. Its a relaxed Hostel with a really friendly atmosphere. I would come back here again. Mahalo

• 19th Dec 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location was fantastic and the staff were super friendly and helpful. Thank you!

• 12th Dec 2015

great place right bywaikiki beach. Can be a bjt loud and one night the staff kept talking at 2am very loudly but overall it was very good, there wasn't much atmosphere because the roof top closes at 10pm but met quite a few awesome people when I was there.

It is my first time using hostel. the first night, one of my roommates talking outside of the room with a gay the whole night. I was waken up by their conversation several times during the night. the same roommate was leaving the second day I was there. her flight was at 6 am in the morning and her alarm rang several times in the morning, and of course I couldn't sleep well that night. It was an awful experience and I cancelled my following reservations with other hostels.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • China

I stayed in the hostel for 5 days, and truly enjoyed the experience. The facilities and rooms were average, but the best I've seen in the Hawaiian hostels. However, the location, atmosphere and staff were just superb. The hostel is located a few hundred meters away from the main street, and the Waikiki beach, making all super convenient and easy for people like me, who do not have a car. The staff was excellent too ! super helpful, fun and witty to hang around. Really recommend this place !

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Lithuania

Fantastic hostel, one of the best ones I have ever been too. Staff are friendly & helpful, location is close to everything you need. Traveling for my first time solo, it was really easy for single travellers to mingle with the roof top area open daily. I was only there for two days, but it was way too short. Will definitely go back.

• 27th Nov 2015

Great basic breakfasts and we LOVED the Pizza and BBQ nights :) perfect location, short stroll to beach/bus!

Unfortunately it rained for most of the time we were at the hostel which made the experience less glowing than previous guests reviews. The common area on the roof was not undercover so if we were hanging about it was in the foyer (which was ok because then you could hang out with the cool staff) or in your room. I can imagine that during a sunny stay the common area would usually be amazing though. Staff were awesome. Rooms were OK. A bit mouldy smelling but expected in the tropics.

I really enjoyed my stay at The Beach Botique. It's a very friendly place and really easy to meet people. The showers have hot water, the roof is cool, and the patios outside of the rooms make for good social interactions. I would definitely stay here again!

I found my stay was really enjoyable and the location was perfect

• 12th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

First experience in hostel.. And for sure not the last one .. The location is perfect ( 2 minutes from the beach), the staff amazing, the vibes unique.. It's clean, the atmosphere very friendly and the rooftop is a perfect place to meet some new people. There is no doubt I will come back.. Miss you already...😉🐠

Some staff were fairly unknowledgeable. In one particular instance I was told I could hire a care on the morning. The next day I was told it had to be 24 hours in advance. When I asked if the staff member could call the rental agency for me they simply said that they didn't know what the number was. I proceeded to look it up in front of her and cal the company myself off the hostel phone. Quite unhelpful. As a side note, none of the staff seemed to have any idea about bus routes and schedules.

• 9th Nov 2015

I loved my stay at the hostel, the only thing is that I wish there was an indoor common area that was open later for the times that it was raining and we wanted to hang out more. It's nice that the individual rooms had outdoor common areas but in my case our room didn't have one and there was nowhere else to go.

I loved my stay @ the beach. Staff was very friendly and the place is so cute like a little bungalow.

• 4th Nov 2015

The staff was friendly and very helpful. Such great hospitality.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Very cool, very fun hostel, good people when I was there. The rooftop is a lot of fun at night, only thing is, it closes at 10:30, would be awesome if it went later!

This hostel was amazing. While you shouldn't expect 5 star cleanliness, if everyone cleans up after themselves it works. The bathroom showers definitely need deep cleaning though. But the people we met that worked there were super nice and friendly and accommodating on the one miscommunication we had. The rooftop gatherings were great as well! We met even more amazing people. I was with people hat had never stayed in a hostel before. The Beach hostel treated them (us) right! Mahalo!

• 2nd Nov 2015

By far the best in Waikiki. I stayed thethe beachside as well the boutique was better

• 1st Nov 2015