THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Very helpful staff. I enjoyed breakfast. Cleanliness of bathroom can be better.

• 24th May 2015
  • Japan

So close to the beach! Has a great atmosphere and seems like they host lots of events. Very welcoming staff. We only got to stay one night, but enjoyed it. Short walk to restaurants and bars as well!

It is a great place to stay if you are traveling alone because people get to know each other! They offer free barbecue and free pizza nights (on specific days) and it is a good opportunity to meet new people!! I recommend and if I come back to Honolulu I will definitely stay there again! If they get a van a do daily guided tours (for the guests, as other Hostels do in Hawaii), they are gonna be the best place to stay in O`ahu!

Nice hostel, very friendly staff, excellent location near the beach, free barbecue and pizza some evenings on the beautiful terrace on the roof. I extended my stay there and can definitely recommend this hostel!

• 8th May 2015

Such a good hostel. The rooms have a private bathroom. Everything is new and clean. Free pizza on Tuesday nights is delicious. All the staff were awesome! Wish I could have stayed longer. Can't hear noise from other rooms which is great.

Hospitality was great, love the little free food events and the list of things to do by the front desk. The location is just amazing! RIGHT BY THE BEACH! Only thing that could improve is the shower -- it's a been damp and dark in there... and quite small.

• 2nd May 2015

Look no further - highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a hostel in Waikiki! 1-min walk to the beach, has low-priced rentals on equipment & honestly has the best staff. Josh, Hailey, Blanca, Namisha - you guys made me feel at home & were so welcoming. While there for quite a number of days, i watched how u guys dealt with visitors - it is no doubt the manager of this place knows what he is doing! You guys are gems! ♥thank u!! Roof top is awesome w/ an outdoor kitchen & has a tv.

Awesome hostel and fantastic location. Great wifi and friendly staff. Not much to say bad about the place. I'll definitely be goning back!

Room could be cleaned more ofter through the week you stay

Great pizza and BBQ dinners for free through out the week but breakfast was just bread and coffee. Great rooftop area but wasn't used a lot and didn't find the hostel overly social. There were many different staff members and they weren't always at the front desk but in general they were friendly and helpful. Rooms were cleaned often but shower didn't drain well and they were often dirty. Location definitely is the best part of the hostel but still expensive for what you get.

I liked the small rooms and the clothes lines outside for you to dry your swimsuits/towels (although no clothes pins, so keep that in mind if the clothes you want to dry are very light), and the laundry machines were great to have too. The staff were friendly and really helpful in giving info about places I wanted to go. The breakfast (at least the one morning I went) was bread with spreads and I think maybe muffins, which for me is not substantial enough, but it may be enough for others.

This hostel is the best choice on Waikiki. I made friends at the other hostels in the area and they all visited the Boutique and thought it was better than their own. The staff was great and I loved the AC in each room. It was also cool that this hostel didn't throw away some of the things left behind by other travelers (i.e. Shampoos, unopened sodas, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc) Everything I listed I needed and didn't have and did have to buy! Call me nasty but I'm a traveler. Stay here!!

Great hostel, rooftop area a great way to meet people! Cheap snorkel hire and free brekkie, and all the staff there were lovely and helpfu too :)

I had an awesome stay in the hostel! The location is great, rooms are clean and big and the staff is super friendly. It is also really easy to meet new people because everybody is hanging out at the rooftop!! It was amazing I would totally go back there!

• 13th Apr 2015

Feels more like a luxury motel than a hostel. Perhaps that's why people don't gather in the common areas as much as other hostels I've stayed in. The common areas are also split up between the 3rd and 1st floor. The people are friendly, one resident ordered pizza for everyone during my stay (thanks Innocent!) A bit on the fratty/party boy side, but not in a bad way. To each his own.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Nice to be in an air conditioned 4 person dorm! Amazing location - beach is 2 minutes away, and shops, restaurants, and activities all within walking distance! My only suggestion would be to advertise a fridge/freezer in each room rather than a kitchenette, since we can't actually use the kitchenette in the rooms. I would definitely stay here again

• 7th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Amazing vibes with amazing people. The rooftop is such a great easy way to meet new people. I wish it was open till 10. Esra at the front desk is the coolest.

• 6th Apr 2015

Roof top terrace created a really fun atmosphere to meet new people and hang out. Great location to the beach and bus stops and not that far a walk from anything in Waikiki. I really enjoyed my stay here and met some really cool people at the same time!

• 27th Mar 2015

Nice location, good people!!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

I was there for a week and I met lots of good people, the hostel is not to big so it's easy to network with other travellers. There are lots of activities outside the hostel and they are good at booking excursions. More activities or events in the evening would be nice although one night is pizza, and another is barbeque. overall I would return to the hostel if I were to return to Hawaii.