THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Nice hostel, but showers are awful. No shower head, and warm water lasted bout 4 mins.

I had big problems with my room. Shower not working, toilet not working, staff checked me out without my request due to an internal mistake. I got a refund, but it wasn't nice enough to pay for the problems I got.

• 27th Apr 2014

Really nice hostel, really clean, with lots of facilities. Excellet location.

Lack of a common room made it feel very crowded. They never locked the front gate so anyone could walk in. There was an extensive amount of black mold in the rooms, and left a very musty smell. The fan / air conditioning didn't work so we couldn't circulate any air in the room. We had a room with an ensuite. The appliances were nice and new. But we ha no utensils to cook with and there was barely any supplied in the common kitchen. Staff were friendly.

• 20th Apr 2014

I had a great experience with this hostel. Very, very clean. Great atmosphere. The only negative thing I could possibly think of is that there were extra fees at check-in that weren't mentioned while booking online (nothing extreme however). I would book another stay for sure.

• 18th Apr 2014

Room was big and with a bathroom. Good location.

Third hostel I have used and it's the BEST. First w air conditioning. I will make this my first choice when I visit again.

this hostel is great, perfectly located, and the staff was more than one good ask for. i had a wonderful experience and met some really cool people that made my stay more perfect. OMG the beds were heavenly comfy, especially after a day out. I highly recommend this hostel to solo or dual+ travelers.

Stayed here recently. There was no card/EFTPOS facility functioning so we had to pay in cash, which was supposed to be resolved soon but had not been by the time I left (I stayed for a week). I also gave them a $10 deposit for the key, which should/was promised to be returned to me when I left. When I checked out, they claimed I never gave the $10 deposit and did not return my money. Out of principle, it is poor form. Maybe it was muddled with the $700 cash we had to pay??

This was my first time staying at a Hostel and thanks to the friendliness of the staff and overall atmosphere, I cant wait to book my next trip. Waikiki Backpackers had all sorts of events going on at night and it was a very comfortable environment. Easy to meet people and excellent location. Beds were very nice and the staff was excellent, highly recommend this Hostel.

• 2nd Apr 2014

I was VERY disappointed after booking with Hostel World to stay at the Waikiki Backpackers Hostel. I showed up at the reception to be told that the dorm room I had booked (and paid a reservation fee for) was for people "45 and under" (age that is - I am definitely older than 45). There had been no mention of that in the booking process or on the web site. There was no refund of the booking fee. I ended up going to a different Hostel (the Waikiki Beachside Hostel) which was excellent.

• 1st Apr 2014

Amazing hostel. Perfect location to explore Waikiki as it conveniently located behind the major front beach hotels and not far from LuLu's bar. Also has great facilities especially in the private rooms. Staff were awesome and extremely helpful especially Kesha :) Good times!

It was very unconplicated to check in and the room was clean and the facilties in a good condition. This hostel is worth its money also because of the excellent location.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff are completely amazing, most notably Katie who went way out of her way to ensure my stay was comfortable!

• 10th Mar 2014

A larger common room would do a lot to create a more social atmosphere.

Great hostel with a good location in Waikiki. Clean and nice rooms.

it was sad to leave... I should only have stayed longer... Awesome time over there.

It's great! Only like $38 a night including tax and breakfast. Right next to Waikiki beach and the Zoo, so also super close to all shopping and Diamond Head. Staff was awesome! Really friendly and helpful, they're definitely sarcastic and love to joke around but always in a fun playful way. Everyday a nice lady comes to clean, and there's a bathroom and shower as well as a full kitchen in the each of the 4 person dorm rooms. They can hook you up with tours and airport shuttle too. NO BED BUGS!!

• 4th Mar 2014

Staff is friendly and helpful.

• 3rd Mar 2014

we made a nice party, very international. totally recommended