THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

I highly recommend this hostel! Nice and clean Hostel. Nice staff - Big thanks u made my stay unforgettable! Though the common area is quite small. But they are already building a rooftop area so this problem should be solved in a couple of months. ABC Stores and beaches in 2 minutes walking distance. Fun times - I'll defo be back!

• 21st May 2014

Big rooms, with refrigerator and kitchen. Good bathroom, sheet very clean. Nice staff. Simple breakfast. Wi if just works in the kitchen. I would definitely stay there again, it doesn't feel like a hostel, it's very comfortable.

Thanks so much for a brilliant stay with great value for money. They created a great atmosphere and were very welcoming.

• 14th May 2014

Awesome hostel, rooms are really clean and beds are comfy. Didn't use any facilities (laundry, kitchen etc) and didn't find it to be a very sociable hostel, but would definitely stay again. Rooms have kitchenettes in, pretty sweet to put drinks in the fridge/freezer when it gets hot at night. Soooo close to the beach, bus stop to the airport and major shopping area.

Nice place to stay, clean and comfortable beds, and very friendly and helpful staff. I will come back.

One people from the staff stole my bag... How good can it be with that?

• 12th May 2014

Really good hostel, good location you have the beach at the corner, you are close from everything. The staff are nice, with smile, don't remember her name but the girl at the office really helpful, a housecleaner coming every day cleanning our room and bathroom. Good hostel that I recommended! Only the shuttle, it's a guy appart, but not really helpful, call him the day before to drive me at the airport and the day he doesn't show up so need to call someone else and miss my flight.

• 3rd May 2014

Nice hostel, but showers are awful. No shower head, and warm water lasted bout 4 mins.

I had big problems with my room. Shower not working, toilet not working, staff checked me out without my request due to an internal mistake. I got a refund, but it wasn't nice enough to pay for the problems I got.

• 27th Apr 2014

Really nice hostel, really clean, with lots of facilities. Excellet location.

Lack of a common room made it feel very crowded. They never locked the front gate so anyone could walk in. There was an extensive amount of black mold in the rooms, and left a very musty smell. The fan / air conditioning didn't work so we couldn't circulate any air in the room. We had a room with an ensuite. The appliances were nice and new. But we ha no utensils to cook with and there was barely any supplied in the common kitchen. Staff were friendly.

• 20th Apr 2014

I had a great experience with this hostel. Very, very clean. Great atmosphere. The only negative thing I could possibly think of is that there were extra fees at check-in that weren't mentioned while booking online (nothing extreme however). I would book another stay for sure.

• 18th Apr 2014

Room was big and with a bathroom. Good location.

Third hostel I have used and it's the BEST. First w air conditioning. I will make this my first choice when I visit again.

this hostel is great, perfectly located, and the staff was more than one good ask for. i had a wonderful experience and met some really cool people that made my stay more perfect. OMG the beds were heavenly comfy, especially after a day out. I highly recommend this hostel to solo or dual+ travelers.

Stayed here recently. There was no card/EFTPOS facility functioning so we had to pay in cash, which was supposed to be resolved soon but had not been by the time I left (I stayed for a week). I also gave them a $10 deposit for the key, which should/was promised to be returned to me when I left. When I checked out, they claimed I never gave the $10 deposit and did not return my money. Out of principle, it is poor form. Maybe it was muddled with the $700 cash we had to pay??

This was my first time staying at a Hostel and thanks to the friendliness of the staff and overall atmosphere, I cant wait to book my next trip. Waikiki Backpackers had all sorts of events going on at night and it was a very comfortable environment. Easy to meet people and excellent location. Beds were very nice and the staff was excellent, highly recommend this Hostel.

• 2nd Apr 2014

I was VERY disappointed after booking with Hostel World to stay at the Waikiki Backpackers Hostel. I showed up at the reception to be told that the dorm room I had booked (and paid a reservation fee for) was for people "45 and under" (age that is - I am definitely older than 45). There had been no mention of that in the booking process or on the web site. There was no refund of the booking fee. I ended up going to a different Hostel (the Waikiki Beachside Hostel) which was excellent.

• 1st Apr 2014

Amazing hostel. Perfect location to explore Waikiki as it conveniently located behind the major front beach hotels and not far from LuLu's bar. Also has great facilities especially in the private rooms. Staff were awesome and extremely helpful especially Kesha :) Good times!

It was very unconplicated to check in and the room was clean and the facilties in a good condition. This hostel is worth its money also because of the excellent location.

• 26th Mar 2014