THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Great location and super staff willing to help out!

• 31st Jul 2014

A GREAT location. There is no real communal area bar the roof, so it's not always easy to meet people other than those you meet in your room. Good luck with that! Breakfast isn't really breakfast buuuut it is great of them to put out some things if you're trying to save on spending so, appreciated! I felt it was clean enough but was expecting the worst (old reviews) The sweet young cleaning lady did a great job. Fair place to stay for a few days. A hostel.

Building was going on during our stay. Made accessing our room a problem some times, checkout was nearly impossible due to building outside of the office. We were turned away several times then asked by other staff members why we were still in our room!! We hired snorkle set for $12each. Upon ariving at the beach 30mins away we found out one of the packs was mising the gear we needed. I spent another $10 hiring more gear.Upon return we advised the office girl of problem.But no refund was given

The staff was excellent! When we arrived on Saturday there was a social hour with drinks. Plus each morning they supplied pastries in the common room for breakfast!

• 28th Jun 2014

Very good hostel. Had a great time. Staff is really nice. Common area is good to meet people. Highly recommended.

great location friendly staff great room would stay again (private room)

• 18th Jun 2014

Great place to stay for a week, the staff are friendly and helpful.

• 17th Jun 2014

Check in was okay (be mindful of HI state tax add on cost). Stairs are cumbersome for luggage. If you have a car-- they only have 3 spots for you to use. Will have to fight for Waikiki parking or pay for parking at the zoo. AC in room was not at its best. Shower was okay, took a long while for warm water and very low water pressure. Wifi doesn't reach rooms very well... I've stayed in more long term hostels. This is good for a place to crash, a night or two.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great, easy check in and check out!

Great location, only a block away from the beach. Weekly pub crawls and beer night / pizza night are fantastic. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms and the "free shuttle" advertised on the website should be changed because we had to pay for the shuttle from and to the airport. If you don't take part in the pub crawls it's tough to meet people the way the rooms/common area is set up.

• 10th Jun 2014

Average hostel very close to the beach scene and to buses which can take you anywhere else you'd want to go. The staff was very friendly, and organized activities such as a free pbr night. The shower was weak but I suspect that was only my room (11) really this was a totally fine hostel, no complaints and I would've been perfectly fine here for my whole time. However They were fully booked my last day so I did stay at another hostel, which I actually preffered. The atmosphere was better there

Great staff, great location, and the pub crawl that started there was epic! The hostel didn't have a lot of frills but its not like you are going to spend a ton of time in the hostel when you are at Waikiki beach.

1 2 3 Next » last »