THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

I had a great time there, the place was clean, the staff were friendly. Everything was cool. I definitely recommend it 😊 and would choose it again if I go back. Big Mahalo to "Blue" , Chris, Levi and Zuzanthi... Cheers Thalia

I have enjoyed every day of my stay. The staff has been super friendly. Having an occupied desk at every time of the day has added an additional feel of comfort and security. The breakfast was very minimal, but hey. The rooms miss silverware and even glasses – this is probably the only downside. Huge Fridge kept the beer cold and the rooftop was a good place to meet other travellers over a drink. I can fully recommend this place and would come back again.

• 12th Oct 2015

Very neat and clean. Hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances. Staff were very friendly. As any hostel experience I feel that your experience will depend on your other roommates/people who are currently staying at the hostel at that time.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • India

This was a nice, clean hostel, good facilities and friendly staff, nice comfortable air conditioned rooms. There wasn't a great social buzz around the place where you get to meet a lot of travellers as the common area closes every night at 10pm. So I would say this is a great hostel if you are looking for somewhere nice and quiet to bunk down. If you're looking for a hostel with a bit more of a social atmosphere, I'd look elsewhere..

I'm a traveler, been in more than 30 countries. This is one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Great staff.

If you want to see a lot of Maui and do not have a car then this is the place to stay. Well organized tours take you to wonderful places and during the day by hiking, swimming and playing together a super group feeling develops. In the evening under the banana trees guests and the friendly staff sit together talking and celebrating ... I, as a senior, was warmly welcomed and integrated.Guys, you are doing a great job. I had a super week with you. Thanks a lot. Hans Germany 68

This is one of the best hostels I ever stayed in! What makes it so great has to be the staff! They are amazing, funny, friendly and wonderful people (especially Chris, one of the funniest, nicest ladies I have ever met!) The only criticism i can make about the hostel is the social area on the roof closes at 22:00 and after that, there isn't really anywhere to hangout!

Most of the staff is scattered amongst the coed dorms as permanent residents. Rooftop bar area is closed after 9pm and no other common area exists. Building could use some pest control. Legs are covered in bites and cockroaches were not hard to find. No hot water in showers. Extra charge for a towel. Staff is not well trained or empowered by the owner. Will try the cleaner hostel down the street on next visit.

• 29th Sep 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would definitely use again if ever in Waikiki. The staff is great, very helpful and friendly. The beach is right around the corner and my room was very clean. One of the best I have stayed at!!

Chris and Susi were amazing! the rest of staff too busy with their own vacations. I also work on the the hospitality business so its easy for me to find things that could be better, but overall enjoyed my stay.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

This hostel was awesome! Located so close to the beach! The girl at the front desk (cant remember her name unfortunately ) was absolutely amazing helping us out and giving us ideas on where to go and how to get there! Lots of activities to do run by the hostel! Defs recommend. Love the aussies

Great location. Super close to the beach, restaurants and the buses. Ou can walk everywhere. The rooms are not super clean, the floors mostly. But the rooms are roomy and comfortable.

It was a great stay. My first time in a hostel and I feel like I will stay in one again!

Definitely the best hostel in Waikiki! The air conditioning worked well. The rooms were cleaned everyday. The staff are super chill and down to earth. I brought two friends who have never stayed in a hostel before and they had a great experience and felt right at home! I would definitely stay there again & recommend it to everyone!! The roof top is the best part!! - Lee, Nick & Matty

• 20th Sep 2015

Personal staff was great and always willing to help you with directions. Maybe you guys can check the Wi-Fi because constantly I had to change between the SSIDs because I was without Internet without a reason. Thanks for your hospitality

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

Filthy beds. I woke up covered in bites the next morning. The A/C is also very weak, and the air in the rooms is stifling. The guests are really fun people though and the location is pretty good.

• 16th Sep 2015

The best of it is the location, just a block away from Waikiki. Unfortunately even though from the outside the hostel looks nice, the rooms are way different, specially room no. 2 where I stayed. Since I arrived the ac was not working properly and 2 days after it just stopped working, a full room with 6 ppl spending the night in there... insane! They brought a technician but he didn't fix it and they just leave it like that, didn't have the common sense to bring at least a fan or something!

Just ended up staying one night but it was a good experience. I've stayed in a few hostels on the island, I'll definitely be back to this one. Friendly staff, good location, I liked the layout of the room I stayed, a four bed.

• 10th Sep 2015

Loved my stay here. Such a great location and the rooftop is great!

• 6th Sep 2015

So so so good! Staff were so lovely and the rooms were reasonably sized and clean- definitely returning :)

• 21st Aug 2015