THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Great location on Waikiki! Not the best hostel but not a bad place to stay.

Great location and comfortable rooms. Staff was friendly, but not fully knowledgable about local landmarks. I would certainly recommend this hostel and stay there again.

A lovely 4 night stay. Really awesome staff. Nice rooftop terrace. Sweet breakfast. Excellent.

The staff is very polite and solves almost all issues within minutes.

• 13th Dec 2014

This hostel is on a street with many other hotels next to Waikiki beach therefore it is a great location. The rooms each have their own fridge bathroom and kitchen area (although you can't cook in your room, the extra sink is useful). Additionally, there is a very nice rooftop area with a bathroom, cooking area, and many places to sit. The staff are friendly and can help book some cars and trips. Breakfast is offered, however, it is mostly muffins and bread so I stored my own healthier food.

Very good hostel but the staff is not always willing to help you. Especially Jose only provides help for Things he likes to do.

The best place for staying! Highly recommended!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Great location. Nice room (4 bed female room), very friendly staff, would stay again!

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Such great staff; superb location; modern and spacious rooms.

Booked for a four person dorm for three of us, got a private room with TV and ensuite. Staff were very helpful, free pizza night was great but get there early. Close to everything, but we didn't really meet anyone in the hostels. Would recommend for clean and affordable Waikiki accommodation.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Great location!! My only complaint is the bathroom in the room smelled pretty bad.

Thank you for you wonderful stay at the hostel. It can be little crowded in the private bathroom of MIX 6 bed room. You may not see this because your stay was only one night, but we do have excellent daily housekeeping service in noon. We will pay more attention on this area next time. Mahalo!

Good overall

This hostel was an old hotel. Each room is a hotel room with bunk beds, a kitchenette, lockers (bring your own lock) and bathroom with shower. Towels are available for $1. Good sitting area upstairs, although the night I was there not too many people congregating there. Decent beach a couple of blocks away, although it's quite shallow and full of coral reefs (great for snorkeling). A nice typical Hawaiian 'lunch plate' drive-in diner about a 5-7 min walk away (rainbow drive-in).

Bathrooms were quite stinky. Honolulu's humid weather and rain help to ensure that it never gets dry in there...

If the cleaning had not been so bad, I could have been able to recommend this place. This hostel need at least to start weet wipe their floors. You can see that this hostel at one time started with high ambition, but that the ambitions now are lacking with staff and management.

Aloha , My sincerely apology for any inconvenience. We have a daily housekeeping service and has a high standard cleanness procedure as you can see the other reviews. We keep improving our products with amazing staffs that we have had since the reopening, and we feel very sorry that you did not see that. From your comment above, we will try harder to be the great hostel for your next visit. Thank you.

Very clean Hostel, Great atmosphere.

• 31st Oct 2014

My stay at this hostel was good but i think it needs some restoration. For the staff it isn't possible to clean old dirty broken shower cabins or the facelity.

This was a good location for a hostel,close to the beach. I only stayed one night. There didn't seem to be much common area space at the hostel, so you couldn't really meet other people there that easily. It was an alright place to stay though. Each room has its own kitchenette which is handy if you want something quick to eat. They don't have a proper luggage storage room if you get there before check in at 3pm,but someone is always around by the reception area where they're kept if needed.

I thought my stay was pretty nice, great staff, a ton of travellers checking in and out so theres no shortage of people to meet. I did however think that the breakfast options were extremely limited, more is needed than just toast!

• 26th Oct 2014

location, location, location.... this place was awesome near bus, beach and anything i needed. the location looks like an old hotel converted and could use some renovation but all in all it was a good place to stay. people were great and staff was great.