THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

For this money the hostel was great. The location was excellent. At the center of the Waikiki beach. Problem is that the security is poor. The cleaning lady just lost my t-shirt. Overall if you have low budget then this hostel is for you!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Bangladesh

Aloha, Thank you for your comment. We are very glad that you had a great time at the hostel. Our Housekeeping Dept is very professional and never had a issue with guest's belongs after new management.

Awesome place. Friendly staff!!!

I had the time of my life!! Loved the hostel, the spacious & clean rooms (every room has it's own bathroom, kitchenette & giant fridge), the location, the atmosphere, the rooftop & the staff!! The hostel is in a perfect location about 2 mins from the beach, staff always has some good tips for eating out or doing trips and everybody is extremely relaxed & nice! There is currently a lot of improvement work going on so you can see progress every day (eg new storage rack for boards). Mahalo! Dani xx

Great staff, perfect spot.

Good hostel, close to the beach and restaurants. Staff was friendly and courteous. We paid $110 for a private room...which is pretty steep for a hostel Really, it is possible to rent out an apartment for the same price. Overall, a good experience but pricey.

Excellent location just two blocks from the beach. Staff was helpful telling me how to get places. The best part was a free rooftop cookout, BYOB. It was a great way to meet people. They also include breakfast, but I left before that started. I was disappointed that the room only had four lockers and six beds. I had to ask the front desk to store my valuables while I was out and when I slept. Also, keep in mind your need your own lock and towel. They do have towels/surf boards to rent.

Thank you so much for your stay. We are very glad that you enjoyed the FREE BBQ night. All other rooms have lockers in the room (based on number of people) and yes, we need 2 more lockers in the room you stayed. We did order extra lockers few weeks ago, but was told that it would take 2 months to get here in Hawaii. Wow... Thank you again for your stay.

The rooms and restrooms are clean, but I have an Issue with the booking. I booked 2 pax in a 4 bed mix dorm. We arrived in the morning, so we couldn't get to the room, but we leave our bags and the guy at the front desk gave us the keys, Perfect. We came back in the afternoon, other guy in the front desk told us that my friend has to move to other room, 'cause the guy in the morning made a mistake. So we have to spent our stay in the hostel in separate rooms. Nobody was able to fix it.

I am sorry for any inconvenience. Our hostel is getting very busy since the renovation, but we always try to assign the room for guest convenience. Two beds were reserved under one name (Girl) and our staff assumed that your friend was also a girl and assigned the Female dorm in the morning. We will make sure this does not happen again, and I hope that you enjoyed the time at our hostel. Thank you.

I've been to quite a few hostels so far and yours was the best! Even so I didn't get around to enjoy free pizza night because of my short stay I think it is great that it's offered, just like guided trips and so on.

• 18th Sep 2014

The staff here were fantastic, always friendly and willing to offer suggestions and assistance with anything! I travelled here on my own and there was a great bunch of people staying here, so I always had someone to surf, drink or go exploring with!

Great time at The Beach Waikiki Boutique Hostel. Location and the people working there is the best.

Good hostel, very nice stuff and good location. They have snorkels and boards for rental. Just not that clean, there is a kitchen in the room but no pans or plates and anything like that. In the 3 floor they have a kitchen but it isnt very clean and they have no forks. Breakfast is from 8am to 9:30 so 1,5 h so nothing to eat if you have to check out early. The breakfast is just toast and coffee and little muffins but you must be early if you want one .

Aloha, Thank you for the comment. Yes, we have a kitchen, microwave, fridge in all rooms, but recommend to use big kitchen in 3 rd floor roof lounge because we do not want any roaches in the rooms. I am sorry that the kitchen was not clean when you use, we always try to keep it clean especially after full renovation. Thank you.

This is the best hostel on Honolulu. I have never stayed at a hostel before, but this was a great place! The staff is wonderful and you just can't choose a better hostel!

• 10th Sep 2014