TIU Chernivtsi Backpackers Reviews

Apt 3 Sheptytskogo no 2, Chernivtsi, Ukraine

great location near the tsentralna square, experienced owner (can give you advise on travels) place was a bit in chaos (due to special circumstances); todler Niki is fun, but may take your belongings and puts it somewhere else.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT! We noticed that you rated our hostel low on atmosphere but as you were aware by the people crying & dressed in black on the day you arrived it was a funeral of one American guest and due to the fact that the majority of people staying at the hostel were his friends and family, we were unable to give you our usual 100%. The arrangements/translations for the funeral took a lot of time for all of our team and we are very sorry we could not take you for your free city tour

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel! It was really easy to find and very near from everywhere. The place is very clean and you can love the view from the window (depending on your taste). The extra was the child there, he made our stay at this hostel a very nice one. Highly recommended

I Arriving at 2300 outside at street there is no Bell so i Call the Staff,the Staff is very communicative we speak about Football and makes jokes ,on the Morning there some Peoples lie to the staff that i drink Beer hole Night but it its only Limonade by this Hot Weather i feel me Attack ,the Atmosphaere have missing after this

This place is a nice little hostel run by its owner and family which also live there. The location its right in the centre which is very comfortable. The hostel has a big dorm with some lockers and power sockets which might run out in high season! If you like to cook you will be excited about the fully equipped kitchen. Hopefully the 2nd shower will be finished soon since the one now its very small. The owner might offer you a lift toKamyanets Podilskyi to his 2nd place. Great option ;)

Had a great stay here in Jan 14, nice a warn even though temperature out side was -10c would go back and stay again .

This is as usual really the best hostel I think in Ukraine. Still good and still as friendly. Really like it. I advise to anyone who visits Ukraine.

Only one toilet and shower for all the guests..

I had a GREAT TIME at this hostel! This should be your first stop in Western Ukraine. Chernivtsi is as beautiful as Lvov, as fun as Kiev and surrounded by as much natural beauty as Zakopane, all at Ukrainian village prices. Great hostel,clean, comfortable, good atmosphere. Marcus went out of his way to make sure I had a chance to see and do everything. The hostel also has a vehicle and the owner loves road trips, really opened up this part of Ukraine. Highly recommend.

good location, terrible smell in the 12 bed dormitory, only one bathroom which is shared with the family living and running the hostel

Unfortunately for you at the time you stayed every bed in the dormitory was taken. And the 4 Slovakians had been camping for 10 days. Lukas of your group drunk so much vodka he was unable to move for 2 afternoons that you stayed. As hostel owners we clean the floors, open the windows, use air-freshners but we do not clean Slovakian campers and their damp equipment. We also do not wake up young German men who have been drinking and smoking till 5am and want to sleep all day in the August heat

It was my 3rd time I think in this hostel, maybe 4th? :D A really amazing place, one of my favorite in Europe, when I'm there, I feel like being part of a family, and the hostel is my home :) The hostel was quiet enough to allow me to work (with my computer) while at the same time, we joined the staff for extra activities (walk around the town, race event, movies, bars, meetings with local people ...), good stuff! Will come back.

The owner was kind enough to show a Korean man and me the old town for free. It took about 3 hours. And his wife helpd me buy the train ticket. I felt very relieved and relaxed because of these things. Besides he drove me to the station by his car. Thank you very much for their kindness.

The owners are super-friendly and helpful, they even picked us up at the railway station as we were arriving late. And they will give you great advices about the city

Marcus and his wife are probably the best and most helpful hostel owners I met so far. They pick you up at the train station at any time and are really helpful with any questions. They do free city tours and will help you with any problems from onward travel bookings to finding the place where our grandmother was born in chernivtsi. The familiar atmosphere in this hostel made our stay to be the best on our Ukraine travel. We really enjoyed our stay and had a great time there!

I stayed two nights at TIU Chernivtsi and this excellent hostel made the time I spent in this beautiful, little town so much more fun and memorable. A true family run operation, the owner Marcus took a small group of us on a free walking tour. In English he told us interesting stories and the history of the old buildings, churches, town squares and parks throughout the city. He knows all the restaurants and nightclubs and will point you in the right direction so you are sure to enjoy your stay!!

• 9th Aug 2013

The hostel owner was extremely friendly and helpful, with a wealth of information about the city and surrounding area. Though I was only there for one night, it stands out as one of the best of my trip so far.

This is my fourth time in a couple of years, now I am here for a month and I really recommend it to anyone who wants to visit Tchernivtsi. It's a cozy place,spacious and serious place. It feels more like staying at a friends home than a hostel.

After a couple of weeks travelling around Ukraine and having to drink luke warm beer, (What is it with these people. You have a refrigerator, turn the bloody thing on!!!!!) walking into TIU and the first thing you see is a 6 foot high, fully stocked beer frig that is ice cold, why would you go anywhere else. I'm coming back just to drink the beer! Thanks for a great time Marcus and Lyuba. See you again soon.

Danke. Der Aufenthalt ist sehr angenehm. Das Hostel ist sehr gastfreundlich. Der Service des Hostel Stuff als Guide unvergleichlich. Ich empfehle das Hostel.

Hi Guys we had a n awesome time in Chernivsti, it was one of our highlights. The V5 made it to the finish line, and the car is now somebody else's problem :) Thanks for all your help for showing us around and being great hosts. I hope things are going well. I'm back at work in NZ now but things are different, they are much better now. I'm thankful for the experience of the rally and staying with you.

• 26th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

A good hostel, polite and friendly staff. Everything ok.

• 25th Jul 2013