TIU Kreschatik Reviews

Apt 11 Kreschatik 8b, Kiev, Ukraine

Olga is awesome! Place is clean, friendly, and in a perfect location.

• 6th Dec 2014

I've now been staying here on and off for 2 months and it has become my base in Kyiv. It's small - a 10-bed dorm and a private room, so there are never too many guests and you have a chance to get to know people personally. Be warned - this isn't a party hostel where you get drunk every night and party til sunrise. Instead, it feels like sharing an apartment with friends, the best one being the soulful hippy manager - Olga! The location is extremely convenient - 5 mins from Maidan N and food.

With this hostel you're right in the center of everything happening in Kiev and everything you might need at any time of the day or night is just a few steps away, but still it's a quiet location. The staff is super friendly and would help with any question I had. I'm travelling a lot and this is definitely one of my favorite hostels!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Awesome stay in an amazing city. Thank you very much Olga for sorting me and Joe out and being so helpful. Fantastic stay and I look to visiting again!! Kel

• 10th Nov 2014

Had an amazing time, Olga was invaluable with tips on places to go and general assistance in navigating the city. Would definitely stay again. Joe

• 10th Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel.

Excellent one. Friendly staff, nice location, good atmosphere. I'm completely satisfied.

A very friendly place for unconventional travellers. As I shared the largest (and cheapest) room with varying numbers of guests I appreciated the sensitive and considerate interaction of the mainly english-speaking clientèle. The free use of the guest computer was included. And one small piece of advice if you're spending the night in hostels: Earplugs made of wax can be most useful.

Very home-like and friendly atmosphere. Rules which are sometimes hard and fast at other hostels can be bent and modified by the lovely hostess.

security is so high that it is good to know beforehand that you need a code to access the hostel - a practice not widely used in the west which may surprise first guests from there. the security awareness is common in ukraine, considering the honesty i found everywhere, slightly overdone.

I recently stayed in TIU Kreschatik when I was in Kiev for the weekend. My room and other facilities (bathroom, kitchen & common room) were very clean and warm throughout my stay. The staff where always very welcoming and on hand to give recommendations (sightseeing, restaurants, etc) and I have no hesitation recommending this hostel for anyone wanting to visit Kiev

I really enjoyed my short stay at this wonderful place. The staff is super friendly and helpful! The location is excellent! This is a good place for everyone who likes small and quiet places with a nice atmosphere!

• 18th Oct 2014

I felt like I was staying at home. Its a very cozy hostel and great for chilling out and relaxing. You're close to the party areas, but its not a party hostel to party at. You feel like you're staying in someones apartment.

I have yet to find a hostel I like better. Olga makes the hostel feel like a home. There is much more of a community feel to TIU. There is a wonderful area to cook in and store food, the place is kept much cleaner than other hostels, and it seemed people tended to stay longer than at other hostels and call the place home. I would absolutely reommend TIU Kreschatik!

• 12th Oct 2014

This is probably the hostel with the most familial vibe I've been at! Perfect location and super friendly and helpful staff. This isn't exactly the place for nightclubbers and party people, but that's not supposed to mean that people don't have fun times together. It's just that these are less alcohol-fueled and more laid-back ;) If you're asking me, this is THE place to stay in Kyiv!

• 11th Oct 2014

Thank you so much. Olga is awesome. Please invest in a guitar for the hostel. Peace to all!

We stayed at private room for a weekend. It was amazing! Te room is big, clean, also the kitchen and the common room. It was like being at home. Yaroslava gave us many recommendations and ideas what to see, to do e.t.c. She was very helpful. The kitchen has all the facilities needed. THe location is amazing - just the heart of Kiev, but it is in inner yard, so it is very quiet inside. Highly recommended!

Enjoyed my stay immensely! Thanks to all of the staff for being so welcoming! Kyiv is a beautiful city with very warm people.

It just feels home

To me this is what a hostel should be like. Perfect location. Everything you need is there in a homely atmosphere and the wonderful hostess is like a friend you hadn't seen for too long. When I come back to Kiev, this is where I'll go.