TIU Kreschatik Reviews

Apt 11 Kreschatik 8b, Kiev, Ukraine

I really enjoyed my short stay at this wonderful place. The staff is super friendly and helpful! The location is excellent! This is a good place for everyone who likes small and quiet places with a nice atmosphere!

• 18th Oct 2014

I felt like I was staying at home. Its a very cozy hostel and great for chilling out and relaxing. You're close to the party areas, but its not a party hostel to party at. You feel like you're staying in someones apartment.

This is probably the hostel with the most familial vibe I've been at! Perfect location and super friendly and helpful staff. This isn't exactly the place for nightclubbers and party people, but that's not supposed to mean that people don't have fun times together. It's just that these are less alcohol-fueled and more laid-back ;) If you're asking me, this is THE place to stay in Kyiv!

• 11th Oct 2014

Thank you so much. Olga is awesome. Please invest in a guitar for the hostel. Peace to all!

Enjoyed my stay immensely! Thanks to all of the staff for being so welcoming! Kyiv is a beautiful city with very warm people.

It just feels home

To me this is what a hostel should be like. Perfect location. Everything you need is there in a homely atmosphere and the wonderful hostess is like a friend you hadn't seen for too long. When I come back to Kiev, this is where I'll go.

I have rated all of this excellent with no word of a lie. From the moment I crossed the threshold, I felt at home - what a wonderful introduction to Ukraine! Just 100m from Maidan, the staff are lovely and I felt totally comfortable from day one - a very trusting, homely and friendly atmosphere. Slava Ukrainu!

• 2nd Jul 2014

You will NOT DIE if you come to Ukraine, and you will CERTAINLY be safe at TIU. As a former Peace Corps Volunteer who stayed at TIU during the height of the Maidan Revolution when riot police where fighting protestors, all remained calm and safe and comfortable in TIU. I have never seen Maidan more peaceful than now. Olga, the manager, is a gracious host who will do anything for you to help you out in a new city - from calling a taxi, explaining maps, restaurant tips to talking about life =).

• 1st Jul 2014

Cozy and welcoming Place. Olga, staff member, even made warm sandwitches and tea at the first evening as I arrived late and tired.

Brilliant place to stay in Kiev - amazing location, very comfortable, great prices, and Olga, the loveliest of hostesses.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Perfect location, just 100 metros from Maydan Nezalezhnosti! Very nice atmosphere and really helpful and generous staff! I enjoyed my stay in Kyiv thanks to this hostel and i definitely will come back!

Everything is fine with this hostel. No complaints

Great hostel in the heart of kiev!

Spent there a whole week in May '14. Very safe, clean place, only 200m from Maidan (+ cafés, restaurants, supermarket). In the very center of Kyiv that I visited by walking from the hostel - took the Metro only to go to the train station (~30 min). Nice dormitory, clear, not crowded. Real wide kitchen. Olya runs the place. Although she could be my daughter, she took care of me like a mother: where to go, where to eat, book a train ticket etc. It looks like she does the same to everyone :-)

• 29th Apr 2014