TIU Kreschatik Reviews

Apt 11 Kreschatik 8b, Kiev, Ukraine

Everything was perfect, and the borscht was delicious! The hostel had a really good feel to it, the staff were great, and the people staying there were a very interesting bunch. I would definitely stay again if I am ever in Kyiv again.

TIU Kreschatik is an acceptable hostel to stay at if you are traveling on a budget and looking for a decent hostel. Excellent location. Lockers could be a tad larger, and more than one shower and toilet would be helpful.

The staff are amazing, and they make the hostel worth staying at! There is only one shower and toilet, so it gets busy during peak hours, and the shower could be cleaner. But the beds are clean and comfortable. I very much enjoyed my stay here.

TIU hostel is a great little gem! The small size of the hostel means it has a personal feel and I instantly felt at home. Yaroslav, the host, is very kind and always happy to help out. The other guests there were very nice and interesting too. Highly recommended :)

• 8th Apr 2015

Great staff and location. Very quiet, actually too quiet for me, to the point where you almost find you're self tip-toeing around. It seemed many of the guests were living there as opposed to travelling.

• 30th Mar 2015

The location of this hostel is wonderful. Practically within the main square and other amenities like restaurants, shops, market, and transport. The staff is incredibly nice & helpful. It only has one bathroom and one shower, which isn't necessarily a deal breaker if there aren't many people staying at the time you're there, but I can see how it might become an issue. I'd definitely stay here again though. It's an excellent deal and you're guaranteed a safe, friendly, & comfortable stay.

Host is extremely helpful in arranging sights, restaurants, and activities. Location is exceptional.

My stay here was great! This hostel is cozy, welcoming, and quiet - perfect place to relax and catch up on much needed rest. Yaroslav was very welcoming and helpful, showing me around, giving advice, and calling a cab for me for the morning. Location couldn't be better and you get very good value for your money. I recommend to stay here :)

Definitely worth staying here -- very nice staff, loads of interesting characters passing through, a good location and affordable rate. The atmosphere is laid back and friendly; it's not a party hostel that will keep you from sleeping all night (though the staff is helpful in finding you a party if that's what you're looking for!). In short, staff will help you with whatever you need!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Russia

Better than a classical youth hostel, there is a spirit of flat-sharing. The owner give you all the good spots where to hang out and furthermore all the tenants where all very friendly, funny and opened minded. I recommend greatly to all people who which to spend some time at Kiev, and for cost so affordable. You can’t regret it.

• 16th Mar 2015

Good place with a relly nice staff! It's going to be my next hostel here!

A very nice and lovely little hostel in the very center of Kiev. From here most sights are near by and easily reachible by feet. The whole hostel has a cool laid back vibe and is definitely recommendable, though not for travellers on the search for a "party hostel".

• 15th Mar 2015

A really lovely hostel and the location is absolutely fantastic. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops within a few minutes walk and also metro stations. The staff are extremely helpful and contacted me before I arrived to give me directions and also helped me with booking a Chernobyl trip. The hostel has a very homely feel and nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely stay here again.

Great location with awesome staff and some interesting and fun travelers! Thanks for hosting us! We enjoyed our stay and would definitely come again!

Couldn't fault the hostel. Excellently located apartment just down a passage off the main street, which meant it was both right in the heart of Kiev, whilst also being very quiet at night. The hostel was always very clean, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even ordering us a taxi at midnight for 7am the next morning as we had forgotten to ask earlier! Highly recommend.

• 26th Feb 2015

Cozy place, perfect location, FRIENDLY stuff.

• 23rd Feb 2015

This is one of the nicest and cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in. They do a real good job here of cleaning and maintaining the facilites. I got a bad case of the flu while I was in Kiev and the hostel manager Yaroslav was so kind to give me an extra blanket and tea while I was sick. He went out of his way to make my stay here more comfortable and even took me on a run around Kiev when I felt better. My only concern was that some of the guests were a bit older and a little bit...weird.

• 15th Feb 2015

My stay in Kreschatic was pleasant and I was welcomed by Yaroslav how took care of the Hostel and did a brilliant work . Sam

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Iceland

Thank you for the review, Sam!

front door lock is annoying, with the numbers not visible.

• 19th Jan 2015

Had a great time, will certainly be back! =D