TK Kaohsiung Hostel Reviews

6F.-9, No.53, Zhongzheng 4th Road, Xinxing District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan

The pro: Great location, right next to the night market. The shower/bathroom are clean, great open area with big refrigerator to store cold drinks. The con: the place is a bit hard to find. As someone that travels often, I totally understand that the check in time is only 12-6 is inconvenient. But the value is unbeatable. I had a hotel room near by that is 4 times more expensive with the similar facility. I got lucky that I was the only resident there on my stay, it was perfect to rest

Strategic location, just a few minutes walk from Formosa Boulevard (intersection between red and orange MRT line). Quite clean and comfy. Unfortunately they have a ridiculous policy of charging guests with check-in overtime charge. The hostel charges me extra 300 NTD for arriving at 11 PM. So you might want to consider other options if you arrive really late. One more thing I find it strange is the hotel doesn't have any sign outside the building.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Our service starts at 11am. Check-in time: 12pm-6pm (your bed will be ready after 2pm) ** late check-in, will be charge an late check-in fee for NT$100 per hour period to 6pm** please doubme check our information ! this's you problem ! thanks !

Price was good but little hard 2 find and if u call them ask the location, the receptionist was a little rude. Also he love 2 keep saying: "this is a very good price cheap hostel". This place pretty clean, free laundry but the air conditioning u cant adjust the temperature at all and only can open between 6pm to 10am. Dorm room was good and big but noisy outside.

我們所以的入住資訊都是供開的~您要便宜就需要配合規定~如果您無法配合~那我們也會希望您取消訂房~再來~我們有發信給您~您確自己不做確認~希望您以後到別的hostel訂房前先看清楚規定~每家規定不同~不要把別家的規定套用在每一家~謝謝~

Air conditioning is only available at night, and you can't adjust the temperature either. On top of that, the rooms are not really private because the air conditioning units are distributed between rooms. Basically, there is a huge hole in the wall between the rooms, and the air conditioner sits right where the wall should be. The air conditioner blows into both rooms, so you better hope your next door neighbor also wants to run it. Also, with this set up, private rooms are not truly private.

We had a twin room which was very warm. There is an AC present but it shared with the next room through a big hole in the wall. Further we didn't see any staff there except on check-in

sorry ! please reading our information ! we have no 24 hour reception or room service ! so .. if u has any question , you can give a call ! or email for me ! Working time will be from 12:00 to 19:00 . thanks :)

clean and good location. but, a little hard to find. I was in 2 beds room with my friend, the room shares air conditioner with next room so there was a hole in the wall. and outside of the room is so noisy the wall is really transparent for any sound, but the price is rather expensive then other hostel.

sorry ! we send our check in infor and maps for your email ! do you have check your email box? we'r cheap hostel ,not cheap hotel ! so .. please double confirmation of reservations demand . thanks :)

Nice place to stay. Close to the Formosa interchange station. Really appreciate that washing your laundry is FOC. Only complaint was there is a gap at the top of the room where the shared aircond is located so there's a huge decrease in privacy.

The hostel is comfortable and very clean. It's a good choice for a quick stop of backpackers.

Beautiful hostel, very airy and clean. The rooms were comfortable, although I didn't like having to share air con with the room next door - I wanted it on and they turned it off! The staff were excellent, and even came back late one evening after my son locked himself out of the room. The hostel has many good facilities but it would be good if they had a relaxing/chilling area with a comfy sofa. It was difficult to get to know the other residents no social area.

The location is excellent. It's literally a stone throw away from the Night Market! My only thing with them is that you have to check in by 6PM or you get charged 100TWD/hour. There isn't someone there 24/7. Still, they were very nice and accommodating when I got in a little pass 6 and they were also cool with my leaving my luggage there for the day when I checked out. Good hostel in Kaoshiung!