Taban Hostel Zagreb Centre Reviews

Tkalciceva 82, Zagreb, Croatia

The hostel is in a great location, only five minutes' walk from the main square. It is on the 'drinking street' and there is a bar directly underneath the hostel. It might be noisy if you are on the first floor. The staff were sometimes not particularly friendly and they were quite disorganised, for example one of them did not know whether we had paid when we checked out, evrn though we had done this upon arrival.

Not recommended. No meeting space for guests, unfriendly staff. I was asked to change rooms at midnight (I'm sure my sleeping bunkmates loved me repacking my belongings) because of a overbooking mixhap, but would have given it a low review anyway. The bar downstairs blasts techno even when empty, which makes earplugs a must. The shower was filthy, a clogged carpet of dust that got to ankle-level before flooding the whole bathroom. The location was very good, but you can do better in Zagreb.

The hostel is in a good location, right on the main bar/cafe-street. It has a little bar downstairs which was nice and the staff was friendly. We stayed on the 4th floor in a room with a very small window and there was almost no air to breath even though it wasn't even a hot day. The hostel also dries their laudry up there which makes it even worse. The bathroom was okay, but not very clean, nor were there towels or handsoup. I think it's okay for a hostel, but try to not stay on the 4th floor.

Great location in a street with cafés And bars And a great atmosphere!! Also super Nice staff!

• 4th Aug 2014

Good hostel, clean and very good location. And the bar is perfect !

The hostel have the best location in Zagreb, but the room and service we got in this hostel was awful. We booked the twin bedroom and after just 2 hours did we understand it was the biggest mistakes of our trip. The bedroom was located on the top floor next to the washing/drying room which was noisy 24/7 and heated up the top flor. This combined with no aircon or fans made the air quality unbearable. We explained this to the staff and we just got a rude comeback "Leave if you don't like it".

Great facilities, very clean rooms and bathrooms, spacious, comfortable, generous and especially friendly, helpful and enthusiastic staff! Highly recommended

A perfect place to stay in Zagreb. You can visit all the city from here with all the monuments very close and then go to have dinner in a place with live music and party all the night. The hostel is close of all atractions but in a peaceful place. The staff was really kind and helped su with our questions about the city. The rooms are beautifully decorated and are very comfortable and you have information, maps, wifi and a nice bar in the hostel.

It's an average hostel, well located in a busy pedestrian street lined up with bars. It's not great value for money, as it doesn't offer breakfast or any kitchen facilities where you can make your own. So, for the price, in this part of the world .. I would have expected more. The room was clean enough but the shared bathroom was a bit neglected. They have the tumble dryers going on all night, and the vibration / noise could be felt on all the floor. I would probably not stay here again.

- the room was not ready yet at 2PM but for the 30min delay they offered us a drink for free - the location is perfect, as long you don't mind a bit noise in the night since the hostel is directly in front of the night life center (and as a hostel it's clear that some guys are having party) - staff was very friendly and helped with questions - the reception was not always manned. At the end every one can access the hostel rooms (in case they're not locked) - all in all a recommendable experience

AVOID THIS HOSTEL AT ALL COSTS!!! Our flight was delayed and during this time, I sent the hostel 4 mails explaining our current situation. When we arrived in the hostel next day, the hostel owner were utterly rude, with big insults and physically pushing us out of the hostel "because the room is not ready because of our fault". It comes out that she didn't check the mails but still refused to accept her mistake. She even dared to scold us. It was horrible! We ended up finding some other hostel.

엘레베이터가 없어서 힘들어요 하필 4층까지 꽉 찬 캐리어 가지고 올라가느라 땀빼고 힘들었네요. 그거 말고는 ..뭐 위치도 나름 괜찮은데 짐이 많아서 후회했어요

• 29th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Taban hostel is in an excellent location on a primary restaurant street and close to both old town and the main square with tram connections. BUT, if staying in a double I would not recommend staying here: We stayed in a double, and they are all located on the top floor along with the linen drying room (dorms are the floors below) Consequently the whole floor is an oven and there are no windows to cool the rooms We got virtually no sleep. Otherwise for staying in a dorm this place would be great

i thought that the place was nice. the check in and out people were wonderful to us. they were helpful and knew what they were doing. the fourth floor is not a good place to stay because of the heat from the dryer and being on the fourth floor. they did provide a fan though so it was ok. the place was very clean. the staff in the bar area of the hostel was awful they did not care about us at all and they were slightly rude when we tried to order from them. it was all around a good experience.

• 18th Jul 2014

I didn't find a kitchen or common room (that wasn't the bar or resteraunt). But for staying one night and hanging out with the street with all the action it was pretty good.

We were only here for one night but we were really sad to leave. You go into the hostel through the bar which is really nice and cheap and stays open all night pretty much, and the girl on reception was so nice and really happy to speak with us. It's in a perfect location right in the centre on a street with loads of bars and restaurants all very cheap. The room was perfect, a nice size nice bed and big bathroom. We really want to return to Zagreb and when we do we will definitely stay here!

its good but if you want to sleep at nightt you will have a hard time because the city gets very loud at nightt.

Great hostel. Perfect location right in the centre of the old town. Rooms are modern and clean. Not the cheapest hostel but it is a great place. I would stay here again

My stay at Taban hostel was great! The staff is really helpful and friendly and the location is prime. I went to Plitvice and they arranged a van to pick me up at the front door for the same price as the shuttle from the bus station so I definitely recommend that. The atmosphere at the bar was a little dead but it may have just been the time I stayed. Would definitely still stay again!

Excellent location on the edge of the Upper Town. Note that it is a long street and a fair walk from the tram stop, if you're not keen on carrying luggage that far, a cab might be an idea. The street itself is a pedestrianized street of bars and cafes, the main one in Zagreb and a great place to be. There is no communal area in the hostel, other than the bar it is above - in that sense its more like a hotel, not that that bothers me particularly, but why I marked it down on atmosphere