Taban Hostel Zagreb Centre Reviews

Tkalciceva 82, Zagreb, Croatia

There a was a huge queue in the borders entering Serbia as well as Croatia (we spent 7 hours there!). We arrived in Zagreb at 04.30 a.m. I was trying since the previous day to call the hostel with no success. So we decided to continue our journey. Next day I checked my bank account and I realised that I was charged for the rest of the amount. I emailed them explaining what happened, but they replied that as I didn't get in contact in the last 24 hours, that's the normal. I'm not happy at all!!!

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Greece

No kitchen or common area except for the downstairs hookah bar which had more locals than travelers, which was good for them but I didn't feel it was good for meeting people. The young woman who works the desk in the day was very helpful in making plans. Great location though, right on the main street with all the bars and clubs, would be very good for a small group who like to go out at night.

Wow unbelievable, usually don't give bad reviews but for this one I will. To start with the hostel had disgruntled employees running around harassing the people at the hostel ,making it hard to just relax and enjoy a beer, then the bartenders ripping people off really made me wander what else I was being ripped off on as the one night I got a beer for 14 the next night same beer was 20. I hope that if this review does anything it helps the management know that the staff is unprofessional.

Great location around pubs/restaurants, not too noisy on 3rd floor which was great. City center close by, everything within walking distance. Easy access to tram also. Would recommend to others

Top floor rooms are unbearably hot due to the laundry room on the same floor. Well located hostel on a lively street of bars/restaurants.

• 11th Aug 2015

Nice, clean, big rooms and clean bathrooms too. Wasn't a very social or party hostel if that's what you're looking for. Was on a quite a main street with lots of restaurants and cafes super close by. Friendly staff, would recommend!

Really good, friendly hostel in a great location near a lot of good bars and cafes. Having its own bar was a big plus, very friendly staff always on hand there and great place to meet people. Only slight complaint would be that the showers left a bit to be desired, but having paid a very low price even in August I can't say that bothers me too much. Recommend, wish I'd had more than one night here.

Great hostel in the most awesome part of town. Was a little quiet, but I guess that can be a good thing :-)

• 4th Aug 2015

Taban Hostel is in the best location for a quick one-night. My friend and I were able to see the town, return to the hostel, relax outside for some beers, and spend our evening on the promenade with some restaurants, bars and cafes. The hostel is conveniently located at the foot of the promenade. Spend your evening strolling casually until you find a restaurant you like. Spend an hour or two listening to live music. Go to a cool bar for a nightcap.

Nice hostel with a central location. Stayed in the private room one night and the dorm another night. Both were clean and comfortable. Staff at the front desk were helpful. Overall a good place to stay.

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. Drinks were the right price, exactly where you want to be in Zagreb. Highly recommended.

The location is excellent, right in the middle of the pedestrian strip of bars, cafes and tourist shops. Close to major attractions and transport. Rooms did not have air conditioner and it was nearly 40 degrees! 1 tiny little fan for 6 people! There is rarely anyone at the front desk but you can ask the bar staff if you need to. Wifi didn't work very well in the rooms. No common area, just the bar area you can sit down however people smoke inside which is gross. Ok hostel

The hostel was definitely one of those places you would come again to. I actually stayed longer than thought. Staff is very helpful and nice. Sounds from the street don't bother

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Great location! Friendly staff. They don't have anywhere to lock up your luggage. The hostel is a part of a hookah bar. The directions to get to the hostel are super easy to follow. I'd stay here again.

Great location, right on the Main Street with lots of bars and eateries. No elevator, a bit noisy on busy nights, and no A/C just a small fan. Bar downstairs is good

Me and my friend were warmly welcomed by the staff and have been given a better room than what we signed up for - which was absolutely amazing and incredible. Everything was super clean (especially the bathroom) and it was the perfect place to stay not only because of the staff, cleanness, but most of all because its location and its bar, where you can drink your morning coffee or enjoy a chat with other people in the evening. If you are staying in Zagreb, this is the best place to stay!Enjoy IT

Very nice hostel in the center of Zagreb, close to the most important tourists attractions. Kind and helpful staff ;)