Taban Hostel Zagreb Centre Reviews

Tkalciceva 82, Zagreb, Croatia

No clean sheets, pillows etc... Shower doesnt work properly...

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

I arrived at before check in and the staff was brusque. There was no luggage storage "room", they told me to leave it on the landing near the check in desk. When I returned to check in the gal was friendlier. There was no common room, just a dark bar with an unfriendly looking bartender and loud music. I didn't want to spend any time there. The room was fine (private en suite) but 2 people wouldn't fit in there will their stuff. Bathroom was clean but not even hand soap or a shelf for toiletries

The hostel is in a great location, only five minutes' walk from the main square. It is on the 'drinking street' and there is a bar directly underneath the hostel. It might be noisy if you are on the first floor. The staff were sometimes not particularly friendly and they were quite disorganised, for example one of them did not know whether we had paid when we checked out, evrn though we had done this upon arrival.

Not recommended. No meeting space for guests, unfriendly staff. I was asked to change rooms at midnight (I'm sure my sleeping bunkmates loved me repacking my belongings) because of a overbooking mixhap, but would have given it a low review anyway. The bar downstairs blasts techno even when empty, which makes earplugs a must. The shower was filthy, a clogged carpet of dust that got to ankle-level before flooding the whole bathroom. The location was very good, but you can do better in Zagreb.

The hostel is in a good location, right on the main bar/cafe-street. It has a little bar downstairs which was nice and the staff was friendly. We stayed on the 4th floor in a room with a very small window and there was almost no air to breath even though it wasn't even a hot day. The hostel also dries their laudry up there which makes it even worse. The bathroom was okay, but not very clean, nor were there towels or handsoup. I think it's okay for a hostel, but try to not stay on the 4th floor.

Great location in a street with cafés And bars And a great atmosphere!! Also super Nice staff!

• 4th Aug 2014

Good hostel, clean and very good location. And the bar is perfect !

The hostel have the best location in Zagreb, but the room and service we got in this hostel was awful. We booked the twin bedroom and after just 2 hours did we understand it was the biggest mistakes of our trip. The bedroom was located on the top floor next to the washing/drying room which was noisy 24/7 and heated up the top flor. This combined with no aircon or fans made the air quality unbearable. We explained this to the staff and we just got a rude comeback "Leave if you don't like it".

Great facilities, very clean rooms and bathrooms, spacious, comfortable, generous and especially friendly, helpful and enthusiastic staff! Highly recommended