Taban Hostel Zagreb Centre Reviews

Tkalciceva 82, Zagreb, Croatia

No clean sheets, pillows etc... Shower doesnt work properly...

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

I arrived at before check in and the staff was brusque. There was no luggage storage "room", they told me to leave it on the landing near the check in desk. When I returned to check in the gal was friendlier. There was no common room, just a dark bar with an unfriendly looking bartender and loud music. I didn't want to spend any time there. The room was fine (private en suite) but 2 people wouldn't fit in there will their stuff. Bathroom was clean but not even hand soap or a shelf for toiletries

The hostel is in a great location, only five minutes' walk from the main square. It is on the 'drinking street' and there is a bar directly underneath the hostel. It might be noisy if you are on the first floor. The staff were sometimes not particularly friendly and they were quite disorganised, for example one of them did not know whether we had paid when we checked out, evrn though we had done this upon arrival.