Tabicolle Backpackers Reviews

2F 3-7-14Hakataeki-minami, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Japan

Good facilities, it is was a bit empty when I went but everything was clean and tidy.

The hostel is easy to find and not too far from Hakata station. The atmosphere in the hostel is really nice and the interior decoration quite tasteful. All facilities are spotless. The staff is very friendly and helpful - as an additional service, they offered free breakfast to the guests while I stayed there. I felt very at home and would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to discover Fukuoka.

Sometimes, there is nobody at the entrance until late in the morning. At one point, I tried to explain to a delivery person and to a backpacker that I was not part of the staff and that I did not know when staff will be in...

Very far out of the way from any of the sights in Fukuoka including train station. Hostel staff was nice, and common areas were nice. But I would recommend if you can to stay on the West side of train station where all the sights are (tenjin, canal city etc.) Only accepts cash.

Absolutely loved this place. It feels pretty traditional and is very laid back in the way everything is run, e.g. I showed up way ahead of check in time but was allowed to shower, eat and relax, whereas 200m down the road another hostel wouldn't even let me sit in the common room without paying extra before check in. Akira, the guy who was running the place during my stay is a legend and super helpful. Couldn't ask for better staff. Id recommend this place over anywhere else nearby.

An great hostel for a few nights in Fukuoka. The staff were very helpful and eager to please, speaking good English and Korean. It's about a 15 minute walk to Hakata station, very hard to get lost, so ideal for anyone used to getting around on foot. There's also a wonderful casual atmosphere for socialising with other guests. The free breakfast is definitely a plus, even if it is just toast and jams. Ask the host about places for tonkotsu!

It was a very nice small and cozy hostel and you get your money`s worth. It was a fairly long walk from main Fukuoka and Hakata station (20 mins). The facilities were fine (only 1 shower but that wasnt a problem), The free toast was a very nice touch as we havent had free breakfast once during our Japan trip. The staff were really nice as well,

It was a wonderful stay. The atmosphere was amazing. The common area was cozy and made everyone felt at ease. A simple breakfast was also provided with tea and coffee without any surcharge. The staff was friendly and spoke decent English. Overall, we had a pleasant time and would love to stay there again!

The location of the hostel is fine, though I think if you don't have a smart phone it would be hard to find. Facilities were good, but only ONE shower. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay here.

View all Fukuoka City Hostels