Taghostel - For Travellers & Surfers Reviews

Rua Portas de Portugal 63, Lagos, Portugal

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff , great facilities and I felt at home there The patio is amazing and worth the stay alone. WiFi was hit or miss so make you travel plans before coming. As a note, this is not a party hostel so don't come here if you are looking for beer pong etc.

Great location. Facilities are a bit minimal, however, there is a gorgeous terrace. If the price is right grab it!

Couldn't ask for a better location. Everything was clean, breakfast was better than many hostels (toast w/ jam, coffee, tea, oranges, turkey and cheese, cereal, oatmeal), and their 12pm quiet hour is true. There's a cool outdoor terrance area with a nice view, and a kitchen with fridge space for you.

• 10th Aug 2015

We loved the look of this hostel- super beschy and great kitchen and common room- but the vibe was a bit down. We understood that it wasn't a party hostel but the staff enforced this a bit too strictly. Even talking after midnight was discouraged and we had a few rude run ins. This place would be great for travellers just looking for quiet time in. Spot close to the beaches and old town.

We found the staff to be quite rude and unhelpful. The "proper" entrance to the hostel was not where the website said it would be, and it felt like we were blamed for not knowing this. The lack of 24hr reception and no common areas after midnight made for an underwhelming atmosphere, which was a shame because the hostel itself is quite nice. We found the staff to be generally cold and non-cooperative, with a distaste for the guests. Overall we found out stay to be unnecessarily disappointing.

• 2nd Aug 2015

From arrival at the hostel, the staff were all very rude. They run the hostel very strictly. We were not there in any means to party in Lagos, yet did not assume playing cards in the common area past midnight constituted a party. The attitude of the staff made made us not want to return to the hostel during the day. I regret staying at this hostel purely because of the completely unhelpful and rude staff members. You shouldntt be working in a hostel with attitude such as theirs.

• 1st Aug 2015

Best hostel EVER!! I loved it! Very well located, clean, nice, the hostel has got everything you need! One critic though: the young Australian girl working at the hostel (the one who sleeps in the room next to the kitchen) is not nice nor friendly. She seems not to be happy to be there but it's not our fault so she should be nicer with the clients. That's a shame coz my review would have been rated 100% otherwise.

The location is excellent and very close to all the bars and restaurants in town as well as the beaches, and bus station. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are very helpful but at times can seem a bit grumpy. Overall, i had a good experience.

The staff were so lovely and helpful the owner was always going above and beyond to chat to us to find out what we were doing and how she could help us enjoy our time in Lagos, Definitely love bear the dog too, such a homely touch!

• 27th Jul 2015

I spend 6 nights in Taghostel, 4 in the feminin dorm, and 2 in the mixed dorm. Both were very comfortable and clean. Taghostel has it all! Its a beautiful clean and well designed building. Location is perfect. The hostel owner Felipa is the best host you can imagine, she is very helpful, honest and makes you feel at home. I've traveled around the world and have seen many hostels, but Taghostel is really one of the best I've ever seen! There is just one thing missing: more time to stay longer!!

Great hostel with excellent atmosphere and easy to meet other people. This is quite different from the other hostels in Lagos that it is not a full-on party place and is more chilled out.The rooftop terrace was a great place to hang out and have dinner and the dog were awesome too! Only issue was Wi-Fi coverage that was lacking in the rooms.

Amazing ! Would highly recommend this hostel. There is a beautiful roof terrace. I loved it!

• 16th Jul 2015

Really enjoyed my stay at Tag Hostel. Would defiantly stay again. very good location and the rooms / common areas are bigger than normal hostels.

This is a very clean, friendly hostel. It is a great place for travellers that want to be social but not up all night partying. Bear- the hostel dog is another bonus!!

• 11th Jul 2015

Super friendly and very helpful staff. Great location. Terrace is great. Urso the owners dog is just gorgeous. Internet was a bit patchy but they had just changed providers and apologized for this. Plenty of beach accessories for you to borrow as well which was handy. Creaky floor boards so you can hear everyone coming back after a night out but not much you can do about that. All round great place to stay.

Very clean. Safe. Homely. Very welcoming. Friendly staff. Great position. Helpful with booking tours. Short walk from the train station. Really enjoyed our stay and hope to visit again soon!!

Fantastic hostel, thank you so much for your hospitality! We loved the beach house feel and the friendly atmosphere. Such a relaxing stay, definitely one of the best hostels we have ever stayed at! Thank you!

• 27th Jun 2015

Filipa and staff at Taghostel were amazing. The hostel is such a great place to hang out and relax. The staff help out with everything you need, from booking day trips and activities to shuttle buses to the airport. Really enjoyed my stay here. Thanks guys :)

• 25th Jun 2015

I couldn't have had a better time at tag, it's the best hostel I have been to so far! Filipa and the staff are great and the hostel it's self is beautiful and in an ideal location. 10/10 from me, thank you!

Really nice owner - Felippa is lovely and her dog is such a cutie. Great roof top terrace. I chose this hostel because it is not a party hostel. After 12 pm everything has to be quiet- which was excellent for me! Perfect place: close to the public transport: train and bus station and not far away to the beaches.

« first « Prev 1 2 3