Taghostel - For Travellers & Surfers Reviews

Rua Portas de Portugal 63, Lagos, Portugal

I absolutely 100% loved Tag. The location, the vibe, the people, everything. Felippa was an inspiration to me. I met some people who are now my friends. The hostel was perfect. Deb want

• 15th Aug 2014

Hostel is very nice and clean. All common area is well decorated and cozy. Terrace is absolutely awesome! The atmosphere is very friendly, no crazy parties, perfect for relax and making friends! Location is perfect, right in the city center. Owner Fillipa is very intelligent and the staff are very helpful and nice. Breakfasts were ok. Beds are comfortable, but pillows were small. Also it was a bit noisy at night, because my room were facing the street. And of course the dog Urso is celebrity!:)

The hostel is very well localated, it's in the center and it's near from the train station and the port. The beds are very comfortable. It has a very beautiful terrace. The staff were helpful and friendly.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved having Urso around for my dog fix! Awesome terrace to have a meal or simply some chill-out time.

Tag hostel was fantastic. The breakfast was very good with muesli, ham, cheese, coffee, juice and more. The location and view are beautiful. Lots of space. Terrace overlooking the water is incredible. Comfortable and clean beds and showers. I liked the fact that the showers were individual with a locked door so you can have your privacy. And the staff is fantastic. I did the canoe trip and saw many beautiful beaches. Highly recommend!

Beautiful view from the hostel! Owner was very nice and available most of the time. It has a great rooftop. Only complaint/suggestion would be the pillows!

I've been to Lagos before, and if you are looking for location this is it, right near all the bars. Not a party hostel at all, but more a home away from home.

This hostel is very central and clean with good amenities. It has a quiet and relaxed atmosphere that is not easy to find in Lagos. If you want more of a party hostel this place is not for you.

Great location with very friendly and extremely helpful staff ! Having breakfast included aswell was a massive bonus aswell ! Thanks taghostel, see you again !

• 20th Jul 2014

Great place to stay. Near to the bus station. Right in the town... minutes from the clubs and bars.

Hostel was very nice and clean - one of the cleanest hostel I've been to. Location is the best as it's 15minutes walk to the beach with the cliffs. Has a fully equipped kitchen, BBQ, patio and living room, big TV with PS2. Would recommend to stay here would stay again for sure.

I've stayed in plenty of hostels in my travels and I have to say this is by far my favorite. It makes you feel like you're home not just traveling. The location is perfect right by the beach and main square. The facilities are clean and well maintained, along with the kind and helpful staff.. You won't regret staying here! If you're more of a laid back person and are not into the mood for any crazy party hostels then this is the right place for you! Would definitely recommend and stay here again

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! It's not a big party hostel, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a nice atmosphere and everyone is very friendly, especially the staff. The location is perfect and the rooms are clean and comfortable, with a nice home-y feel. Loved everything about my stay here, especially beautiful Ouso the dog :)

• 11th Jul 2014

It is a very good Hostel. Filipa was very attentive, and her dog very charming. They have a very pleasant terrace where to eat. It feels like home. In this sense it is not a party hostel at all.

Tag Hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed with. The owner is simply wonderful and goes out of her way to help you feel welcome , comfortable, and have a good time. It's just a short walk to a beautiful beach and the hostel surrounded by lots of shops and restaurants. The patio space is the perfect place to unwind after a day at the beach!

Absolutely loved this hostel, the owner operator such a lovely lady, felt like being at home! Very warm welcoming feel! Really cool outdoor area, everything is spotless! Not too much of a party hostel which makes it easy for some quiet time, trust me it can be hard find in Lagos! Thank you Taghostel

Nice hostel right in the heart of Lagos, great roof terrace, everything you need nearby! And the cutest hostel dog ever.

Taghostel was by far one of the most enjoyable experiences on my trip. The woman that runs the hostel, Felipa, was incredible! She gave the best tips and advice on how to truly see Lagos and Portugal in general. She was so sweet, she felt like a mother to us while we were away from home. The hostel was so clean and the view was amazing to wake up to every day. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone!

• 22nd Jun 2014

I would recommend this hostel to anyone! It beat my expectations by a mile. A hostel which focuses on the people staying there and not just the profit made. Small details like a dishwasher and blankets to put around yourself on the balcony (overlooking the beach) made my stay really comfortable and worth wile. Beautiful rooms with a gorgeous view and they haven't tried to pack in as many bed's as possible so it was really spacious. Best hostel I have stayed at yet!

• 20th Jun 2014

Supernice owner/staff! Cosy, fresh hostel with a nice terrace! Good location near the "city center". Kind of close to all. No beach super close, but walk a bit and bring snacks = no problem. There are no hostels near any of the nice beaches. We're super glad with the choice. Nothing for partyanimals! But i rather live nice and do the party in the city.

• 16th Jun 2014