Taghostel - For Travellers & Surfers Reviews

Rua Portas de Portugal 63, Lagos, Portugal

This is definitely the place to stay in Lagos. You are welcomed into this family run hostel by Bear! He's beautiful!!! The location couldn't be more central with shops and supermarket literally on the doorstep. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious and always kept clean. The kitchen has everything and more that you could need. The breakfast is wicked! Staff are very approachable and helpful. The roof terrace is awesome, even in early winter!. Love the decor. Certainly would come back!

Another 5 stars go to the interior design and furniture of this hostel, which are very cosy and tasteful. It is not a party hostel and they enforce the night silence after midnight, but by no means a boring or un-communicative place, as it is very easy to get to talk to other travellers at the big breakfast table or on the terrace. Would definitely stay there again.

It was a super cute smaller place. The female dorm in the attic was really nice. The staff were friendly and it was close to everything. The bathrooms were a little cramped though.

Probably the best hostel I've been to so far. We had a really nice, very spacious double room that was a lot more than what we expected. The owner of the hostel and the whole staff made us feel at home immediately, they even remembered what we had planned for each day and asked us about it afterwards. The terrace is great and the kitchen has everything you might need. I can completely recommend it. The bear is also a big bonus, best hostel dog that lies around all day.

• 26th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels i've stayed at. Friendly, secure, great location. Amazing rooftop terrace. Only negative is noise from the street - bring earplugs!

I feel that I could go back to Lagos just for Taghostel - the cosy atmosphere, artistic decorations, warm hostess, the sea-view terrace, a real bed of your own in a dorm, what else you could expect from a hostel?! This is more than a hostel! I will definitely come back here if I visit Lagos again.

The hostel really feels like home :) Filipa is a great host and the rooms and the whole house have such a nice feel to them. The kitchen ist well-equipped and you can have your meals on the patio, which is awesome. The location is also very good, close to the city center.

I only stayed one night , I have really bad allergies to dogs. The owner has her dog there at all times he his very big not to me mean but really need a bath , and in certain places it smeels like a dog. They should warn on the weebsites that there is a dog that lives here because off alergies. The owner is not the friendless she was actually rude had to opend me the door and made a comment in front off evrybody that she will not open the door at 3 in the morning . Not a pleasant hostel

Didn't like the fact that the rooms weren't lockable, or that the bathrooms smelt a little bit like dog. Otherwise it was clean but I wouldn't stay here again.

Staff are so lovely! Location is perfect and the general ambiance of the hostel is perfect - friendly and very helpful!!

Great hostel. Really clean and relaxing. Not a party hostel, which was great for us. We met some great people and enjoyed chilling on the terrace.

I enjoyed my time staying at Tag. The staff were very friendly. The location very convenient. The hostel has a cosy and old feel to it however it is not falling apart. The lounge room and terrace are great communal areas to meet others.