Tagus Palace Reviews

Rua Alexandre Herculano n' 6, Lisbon, Portugal

Less than a 10 minute walk to the metro stop nearby, Marques Pombal. Lisbon is easy to navigate, so I thought the location was pretty good. Definitely not right in the center. I got a single private room, which had two single beds and was pretty big. Not much atmosphere, as it seems most true backpackers will stay at a busy hostel close to the center. I found it very comfortable though and wouldn't mind staying there again.

Tagus Palace was worth the money, the room was huge and clean as well as the bathroom. There was a fully functional kitchen too. The place is very central and the staff was nice offering orientations. The worst thing about my staying was the constant traffic noise, i don't know if it was only in my bedroom that had poor noise isolation or if it's general in all. Nevertheless i recomend the place, it's a cheap and nice place to stay. I definitely will come back.

Had a very good stay,place was clean a quiet and is only short walk from town centre and metro stations,if I ever go back to Lisbon will definitely stay at Tagus again.

My room was absolutely huge and very comfortable, great for the price of the room. There didn't seem to be many guests around when I was there, so it didn't matter that there was only one women's bathroom on my floor. Things were clean but the cleaner tended to be cleaning the kitchen/bathroom at times I might have wanted to use them, which was less than ideal. The receptionists were very helpful whenever I needed assistance.

+: For this price an excellent hostel. The room was very clean and big, the beds were good. The service personal was very friendly. -: In our floor, there were few separated toilets/showers. The bell for the reception was disturbing as it was loud and we could hear it from our bedroom (so that we woke up more than once from its sound, both very late and very early).

• 22nd Apr 2014

It's a huge and functional hostel, having the character of a cheap hotel rather than a hostel. anyway, it does what it offers - a clean, appropriate place to sleep and eat - no more, no less. very good for couples since they have nice and cheap double rooms. unfortunately the staff did understand almost no english and and didn't know lisbon well itself. the kitchen was a desaster, because obviously no guest using it felt responsible for cleaning up afterwards. still, our stay was alright.

I had a nice stay and will come back.

• 21st Feb 2014