Tai An Guest House Reviews

Rm 18, 11/F, Alhambra Building, 383-389C, Nathan Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in and the owner is one of the nicest ladies I've ever met. I was only in Hong Kong for a day trip but ended up staying longer to wait for my Chinese Visa. I had only the clothes I was wearing and the owner got me towels, a toothbrush and toothpaste and gave a secure place for me and all my things. I thought she was giving me special treatment at first, but she helps everyone she meets. Close to a 24hr McD's and a MTR, 6 mins to Central. Perfect!

I've rated the 'Staff' as poor even if the owner was nice because it was a bit of a task to ask him simple questions since he only speaks very little English. I guess that explains why you could only see him when there's a guest/s that's about to check-in. What I like about the place though was that it's ideally located near the Temple Market where you can dine at seafood stalls before heading to a bus stop near the entrance of Alhambra Bldg(hostel) and ride a bus to Mongkok and go shopping.

The 5-bed dorm room was small but clean and tidy. Matrasses were quite thin so not extremely comfortable, but ok. Bathroom was decent and clean. Facilities; wi-fi and lockers worked fine, common area with tv and fridge, possibility to do laundry. Reception via telephone; owner is helpful but speaks little English, so communicating can be a challenge. Location is very good, close to Yau Ma Tei MTR station. Building is not the newest but okay, and also much quieter than the (in)famous Chungking.

best value for your money

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Thank you so much you are so kind, my friend! see u soon

Very good wifi, very clean and safe. Only one toilet/shower for 2 five beds dorms. :/

We'd booked a double-bed room, but when we were shown to the room we saw it only had a bunk bed. We were told that the HostelWorld platform doesn't have a category suited for those. Well, aside from that surprise, the place was decent enough.

After arriving and following direction to get the A21 bus we were directed to the A22 bus! A little difficulty trying to find hostel but overall good place to stay! Mattresses were really thin so uncomfortable to sleep on. Location is good at the top end of nathan road.