Tai An Guest House Reviews

Rm 18, 11/F, Alhambra Building, 383-389C, Nathan Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Good hostel, not so crowded and crazy like the ones in Mong Kok or Tsim Sha Tsui so this is definitely a better alternative.

Double bed private room is located inside a flat, so to reach the room, you have to pass the common area where people are sleeping (I guess those beds in the common area represent 2 bed dorms, so if you book the dorm type with shared bathroom you basically sleep in the common area where everyone is passing through). So not much privacy there and the atmosphere depends on the people in the flat. I was with my friend and had nice people, so it was okay, otherwise, I would be scared to stay there.

Having stayed at 5 or 6 places in Hong Kong, for the price this is probably the best. A good location mid way between Monkok and the harbour, means both are within good walking distance.Very clean though clinical, comfortable, unusually a small lounge area and in mine, a small kitchen area so quite well equipped. Rooms not too small nor too many beds. Some staff perhaps don't recognise the value of their customers and could do better but overall, at the right price , hard to beat.

I was asked to wait while they finished cleaning, but then the staff disappeared. Finally at 7pm I knocked on a dorm door and picked a bed that the others said was free. Staff never told me the password to get in the hostel or in any dorm. Other travellers told me. At 1:30am the one of the staff came into the dorm and asked at the top of his voice, waking everybody - what my name was and how long I was staying. He asked several times even though I had answered. Ridiculous and rude.

A phone was stolen from the room we were in overnight sometime between 1am and 9am. Doors were locked. Room was alright aside from this, however we were moved to a different floor in the block upon arrival. Avoid.

• 22nd Aug 2015

I am sorry for that happened, but we really dont wanna something like this happen in my house. You are came late night, and total 8 peole stayed two room. You said that you have no lock the room door because your friends want into both room without room key. 8 people stay in two room, we can control anything, right?

Lovely stay here, I love the staff. Their english speaking is adorable (good enough). Fast and easy check in and check out. Amazing Internet connection, great location. Good price.

• 6th Aug 2015

The place is ok. It is very clean but there is no kitchen at all so if you want to make a coffee or just boil an egg you simply cannot do it here.