Tai An Guest House Reviews

Rm 18, 11/F, Alhambra Building, 383-389C, Nathan Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It was difficult to find at first. Our room was across the street from the main office and you need to go up this sketchy elevator to get to the room. The elevator needs to have a correct weight distribution to work. To get to the single rooms there is a code on the door, which the owner gave to us wrong. Overall the room was fine had everything we needed (Bed, shower, towels, hair dryer, fridge) . Our air conditioner didn't work though. Good location, right outside the night market.

• 1st May 2015

Basic accommodation, clean facilities, convenient location and value for money. The lady owner Ms Lee is very helpful.

Best hostel i ever stay!! i love here. Staff was very nice and helpful. Room was clean, Easy to find just 5mins walk from Jordan subway. Cheap and high security. I will stay in this hostel again for sure if i have chance to go back!!

We only met the owner briefly. We were taken to a double room 2 blocks away. It was next to the big market area off Nathan road. The building was run down. The floor where the rooms were located was clean. The rooms were very small but modern and clean.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Location was great. Very near to Jordan Station in Kowloon and within minutes of a walk to Temple Street which a great place for travelers to shop and experience Hong Kong night shopping. The owner was nice and helped out on suggesting another room when current room wasn't at its best(noise). He was nice, helpful and reasonable and offer his help and a phone call to him anytime when needed. Would recommend this place for budget travelers and wanting to be near the center of Kowloon and nightlife

• 13th Apr 2015
  • China

Probably the best place I've ever stayed in HK. Don't change a thing guys.

Location is not bad. Rude staff. No common area.

This is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in and the owner is one of the nicest ladies I've ever met. I was only in Hong Kong for a day trip but ended up staying longer to wait for my Chinese Visa. I had only the clothes I was wearing and the owner got me towels, a toothbrush and toothpaste and gave a secure place for me and all my things. I thought she was giving me special treatment at first, but she helps everyone she meets. Close to a 24hr McD's and a MTR, 6 mins to Central. Perfect!

I've rated the 'Staff' as poor even if the owner was nice because it was a bit of a task to ask him simple questions since he only speaks very little English. I guess that explains why you could only see him when there's a guest/s that's about to check-in. What I like about the place though was that it's ideally located near the Temple Market where you can dine at seafood stalls before heading to a bus stop near the entrance of Alhambra Bldg(hostel) and ride a bus to Mongkok and go shopping.

The 5-bed dorm room was small but clean and tidy. Matrasses were quite thin so not extremely comfortable, but ok. Bathroom was decent and clean. Facilities; wi-fi and lockers worked fine, common area with tv and fridge, possibility to do laundry. Reception via telephone; owner is helpful but speaks little English, so communicating can be a challenge. Location is very good, close to Yau Ma Tei MTR station. Building is not the newest but okay, and also much quieter than the (in)famous Chungking.

best value for your money

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Thank you so much you are so kind, my friend! see u soon