Taipei City Home

9.3
Superb 452 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Chunky is such a friendly host! Taipei is really hot but he has air conditioning, and essentials like towels, shampoo, hairdryer, umbrellas etc. There are also bonuses like the breakfast, brownies, and his recommendations. It is also close to Taipei Main Station. If I come back to Taiwan, I know I would stay here again.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
18th Jul 2017

This is a very nice experience of staying in the hostel, staff is friendly and toilet is clean bed is very comfortable~ free breakfast is nice and simple~

16th Jul 2017

This place is great! Dan and Chunky sure make you feel welcomed. They are very personable and friendly. It is very laid back and qutie-not a party hostel, more so a hostel for community and sharing and having good meaningful conversation over some traditional food and beer. It really speaks to the Taiwan culture of being welcoming. Had a wonderful stay here with my boyfriend in one of the private rooms. I only wish I had had even more time to spend with the other guests/owner.

• dexterleezh988
  • Singapore, Male, 31-40
28th Jun 2017

Although I only spent one night at Taipei City Home as I was only stopping over in the city after a long-haul flight, I really enjoyed my stay here. The location was not far from Taipei Main Station. Great dorm with comfortable beds and clean showers, plus lovely hosts in Chunky and Dan who'd help to make my visit to Taipei a smooth one. Check out the wall of well-wishes - that's a testament to the hard work that the hostel has put in to make everyone's stay a memorable one. I hope to be back!

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

Feels more like a home then a hostel, living in an 3 storey house with a common living room and kitchen. Had a great stay with comfy bed and free breakfast.

• Philippines, All Female Group, 31-40
12th May 2017

The hostel was amazing. Location was great as it was very close to the main station. It was also such a pleasant surprise for my friend and I to find some really nice shops and food stalls minutes away from the hostel. Chunky was also very helpful all throughout especially when we had to check in so late. The hostel was very clean and had a very comfortable and homey vibe to it, making it easy to interact with other guests as well.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
29th Apr 2017

The hostel is great, but our first day in Taipei was absolutely awesome thanks to Chunky - after we checked in he showed us around some nearby food stands and pointed out awesome places to eat and visit... we felt like we had a friend in the city! He was very easy to reach and always responded quickly. The room was nice! No windows, but comfortable nonetheless :) Thanks again Chunky!!

28th Apr 2017

This was an excellent hostel, I was made to feel at home immediately. When I was delayed at the airport, I was able to communicate my late arrival time (quite late) without any trouble. When I did arrive, Chunky was very helpful with orientation and pointed me to the best place to get food was. The hostel was clean and comfortable, and I would recommend it to anyone heading to Taipei.

• Jasjet85
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

Very good customer service!

• Marvin_K
  • Germany, Couple, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

Great place to stay at, thank you!