Taipei City Home Reviews

Ln. 172, Chang’an W. Road, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan

Everything was great. They were so kind, location was also excellent. Even one of the staff took my friend and me to the great shop which sells very delicious donuts, ans he bought us some donuts. He was soo kind and sweet. And introduced some good local restaurants nearby.. And he showed all the ways from the hostel to the nearest stn. Excellent staff, clean, cozy and calm atmosphere, perfect location... Free breakfast... Highly recommend!!!!

This hostel was great! It really felt like coming home after exploring Taiwan. Everyone was really friendly and it's easy to talk to people. Comfy beds too! The only thing was that I had trouble finding it at first only because the main station is so big. Make sure you follow signs for QSquare and go out the main exit of QSquare, not the bus station. You'll see a crosswalk slightly to your right in front of you. Cross it, turn right and make the first left and you're on huayi pedestrian street.

So cute house :) Bathrooms and bedrooms are all so clean ! The girls working there took care of the guests really well and they were so friendly! I proudly recommend this hostel if you are looking a good deal and great stay in Taipei!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Staff was really friendly. I would recommend to friends and family.

Had a great stay here. First hostel I ever stayed at and will definitely come back next time I am in Taipei! Friendly staff that showed me around and provided helpful maps, great price, and excellent location next to the red and blue MRT lines.

Wow~ It's such a good place to live in Taipei since the location is very convenience which is nearby the MRT station, Train station and Bus station. And the host is a very nice and kind person, also very helpful that if you got any questions about your trip, he will give you help or suggestions. Thanks very much for providing this good time to us! :)

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Wonderful and affordable stay! Would definitely stay here again. Chunky is super nice and helpful!

After some years of travelling this is the First Review i have ever written. Taipei City home is in my eyes an amazing place to stay. There isnt really a point to critize besides perhaps the no alcohol rule ;-) otherwise this place is incredible comfy and the owner chunky is a reason for itself to visit this plane.

• 10th Jun 2015

Had a bit of trouble finding the place initially, but otherwise would definitely recommend this hostel. Chunky was very accommodating and helpful, and I loved the cosy and clean atmosphere. The beds were really comfortable too!

The location is strongest point about this hostel. It is very near from TaipeiMainStation. You can go to anywhere you want from Taipei main station. The owner of this hostel is very kind, he is willing to help us for anything we ask for. The facility is very very clean, nothing bad things to say about this hostel. I made a lot of friends here, thanks for nice chat!!

very cozy place and kind staffs are good at night, guests have to lock the door properly but sometimes the main door was opened at late night. better security system is required

I would love to stay at this Hostel again, because the atmosphere was really good. The owner was always very nice and helpful and had a lot of tips for sightseeing in Taipei. From the hostel it is just a few minutes walk to the Taipei main station which is perfect! There is no-drugs rule, which includes alcohol and cigarettes. Also the Hostel has only two dormitories for six people each and two or three private rooms, so it is mostly quiet enough, which I prefer to big party hostels.

I am giving my both thumbs up. I was only there for one night.The Owner here. He is not just friendly but incredibly nice. He picked me from the station and given me great tips on what to do and see. The place was very clean and nice. Its also quiet at night as you won't hear motorcyclist noise. Its really worth the monies.

Felt very much like a home to me. The warm hospitality of Chunky, the owner, as well as friendly atmosphere with other guests made me enjoy my stay here. The location is perfect, 3-5 mins from the MRT/Bus/Train Station. There are plenty of good food around (ask Chunky about the sushi, beef noodle, and donut!). The bathroom is clean, the facilities are excellent (anything you need!), and they have food for you all day long! The bed is quite comfy, and the wifi worked well. A wonderful place!

Thanks for the hospitality and keeping the accommodation clean all the time! Location was central and convenient -- and the map that the staff emailed me in advance was helpful in finding it.

Taipei City Home is the best hostel I've stayed at in Taipei at this price range, and I've stayed in most of them. The location, while initially hard to find, is great for travelers. Chunky, the host, is awesome and friendly. Plus the beds had foam mattresses and latex pillows like whaaaaa. Only downside is there are few bathrooms relative to the number of beds; I wish they would add more guest sinks/mirrors in the hallway to gainfully use that dead space. Overall, amazing!

Just stayed one night but would have been more than happy with extended stay

The staff is nice n helpful. The room is clean n tidy. The hostel is near to Taipei station. If I go to Taipei again, I will stay in this hostel.

This is really a home for travelers like us who travels a lot and looking for home feel during traveling. The house owner is really very helpful and friendly and high give us the 'homely' feel which travelers are looking forward. Will definitely be back to stay again.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

I went during low season so not too many people there but chunky is one of the best hosts I've encountered in my big trip! thank you!