Taipei City Home Reviews

Ln. 172, Chang’an W. Road, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan

Excellent hostel across the board.. 10/10

We had a great time at TCH. Chunky went out of his way to help us and is a fantastic host, he really is great. The hostel is conveniently located in a fascinating part of old Taipei. Take the chance to explore the neighborhoods between the hostel and the river.

Great staff and superb location.

The first thing that I noticed was how helpful Chunky is. He goes out of his way to solve any problems you have, help you with any planning of your stay in Taiwan or offer some advice. The other things to note are; the hostel is kept in a clean and tidy manner, the location is great with the bus station and train station very close and the little extras like snacks and condiments are these little things that we don't think about that add up to a much more pleasant stay. Def stay again!

This is a wonderful hostel 5 minutes from the main station, but because it's in an alley there is no problem with the street noise. It is very clean and the atmosphere is really homely. Best of all is the owner who makes sure every guest has a good stay here. A really great place and I will come back when I return to Taipei :)

You can walk to this hostel in 10 minutes from the Taipei Main station and a Ubike location in 5 minutes walk as well. Sleeping in the mixed dorm on the third floor is excellent experience if you are comfortable to sleep on just a mattress on ground. Grace, Jolin, and Chunky are pretty friendly and helpful if you want some tourism recommendations. One bonus you might never have in other hostels are free snacks, drinks, and a small but decent kitchen. I met a bunch of awesome people at that time.

• 13th Jan 2016
  • China

Excellent location, just a few minutes walk from the bus/train station/MRT. Nice, spacious lounge area, this hostel is like a home. Very comfortable mattress. Chunky is very helpful. Can't go wrong here.

This was my second time staying at Taipei CT House, and it was wonderful to be back. Due to several mishaps at the airport, I arrived at the hostel 2 hours after I had said I would reach. However, Chunky was very understanding and waited for me, and I am very grateful for that! The rooms were also very clean and the beds super comfortable.

Cool family home type hostel, book it!

We loved this hostel. Thank you Chunky for all your help and hospitality. This place is great for anyone looking for a convenient place to stay with a friendly hostel environment. We will definitely love to come back to see more of Taipei and we already know this is the place to stay.

Fantastic hostel that looks and feels more like a homestay. The rooms are all clean and well-maintained, the beds are extremely comfortable, the kitchen is fully equipped if you want to cook anything, and there's even free drinks and snacks (including delicious homemade brownies and bread!) The hostel owner/manager, Chunky, is extremely friendly and gave really helpful recommendations on things to see and do. If I ever visit Taipei again, I'll definitely come back to Taipei CT Home!

• 20th Dec 2015

Taipei City Home is one of the best and most friendly hostels I've ever stayed at!! Chunky is amazing and will make sure you are comfy and at home while you are in Taipei. He even goes out of his way to show you how to get around and where to find good eats (he escorted a group of us to the bus station so we would not get lost)!!! I cannot speak highly enough of his kindness and I recommend anyone looking for a nice stay in Taipei come stay here!!!!!

Had a bit of problem finding the place initially, as it was dark and rainy when we reached. Made a quick call to Chunky and he led us to the hostel, and once we figured out the location it was excellent! Very near to Taipei main station which makes it easy to access anywhere. Chunky is very friendly and made us feel right at home. We had a double room which was clean and comfortable, and I loved the hot shower. Great place to stay in and I'd recommend it to everyone going to Taipei!

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!This hostel is the best ever! It's in the great location, just several minute walk from the Taipei main station which has metro and bus to the airport. It's very clean, we can use kitchen( including free nice tea & homemade brownies!), and furthermore, Chunky is nice, intelligent, very helpful, and open minded person! I had great days thanks to him and ppl I met in the hostel. Whenever I come back to Taipei, I'll definitely stay here again:)

The best hostel I stayed in Taiwan! It locates right next to the railway station and subway station. Super convenient for backpackers. It is in an old traditional area which full of nice and cheap restaurants. The owner Chunky and other employees are very friendly and helpful. Beds are comfortable with own lights and everything. Plus their 'give and take' zone is a bonus .you will find all kinda useful stuff there.

• 30th Nov 2015
  • China

The hostel owner Chunky is very friendly and helpful. He treats every guest like a friend. Great location, superclean and free homemade cookies (made by Chunky´s wife). I visit Taipei yearly and this will now be my second home. Ahling from Sweden

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

Staff here were very helpful, loaning me a power adaptor when none of mine worked and also giving me an Easycard to use while I was in Taipei. The hostel itself is clean and quiet, and a great place to relax. Chunky goes out of his way to make guests feel welcome. I especially appreciated being able to do laundry (and it was free! Although I would've happily paid.)

Very near to Q Square mall & has access to Taipei Main Station via B1 level when the mall is open. V near to Taipei Main Station, which has a wide selection of food. Very helpful & friendly staff who can give good travel advice. Quiet. Not for the party animal. Not too many guests. A bathroom & toilet on every floor (3 flrs). Toiletries & hair dryer provided. Can wash clothes without charge. Soap powder provided.

Great, comfortable place. Kind staff. Felt very welcome. Will certainly return.

• 19th Nov 2015

Awesome stay! It was a little hard to find, and the time I stayed Chunky and his wife weren't there so I didn't get to meet him, but I t=got to meet his wonderful assistant, who helped me with everything I needed, from helping me to plan my trip to finding good places to eat. So even though I didn't get brownies I still got to really enjoy a great stay as well as Tai Pei.

• 17th Nov 2015