Taipei City Home Reviews

Ln. 172, Chang’an W. Road, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan

Stayed here for a long weekend in a group of four guys. The location was easy to find and very convenient for travelling around the city. The staff were very helpful and recommended some good local food in the area. I would highly recommend this as a easy place to set up camp to travel around Taipei.

Central, clean, friendly and comfy!

There are mosquitoes at night with me :(

Chunky is a wonderful kind host who really went out of his way to help....very highly recommended! will stay here again for sure!

Great hostel! Good location, information/advice, and facilities. (kitchen, free laundry, etc.) Staying at Chunky's hostel feels like visiting an old friend. He and his family even cooked a huge traditional meal for all the guests on Chinese New Year! (for free!)

Great place to stay. Chunky helped us with a lot of awesome advice where to go in town and had supporting advice. You should stay there, it's a brilliant hostel to stay. Thanks Chunky!

• 10th Feb 2015

So good to stay.

Excellent! Thanks to Chunky and Terry.

• 7th Feb 2015

If you are traveling to Taipei come here. The amazing atmosphere and phenomenal host of Taipei City Home should not be missed!

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed at to date. No wonder it was #1 during my search. Chunky is a gracious and helpful host. The showers, room, whole house is immaculate and comfortable which is very important for me. Also met tons of great people during my stay here. Shout out to Terry and Mimi! Stay here and your trip to Taiwan is sure to be amazing.

Great place, friendly people. Loved the private double room. Very clean and excellent location!

• 24th Jan 2015
  • India

Chunky and the other staff were all friendly and super helpful in planning our trips around Taipei. The location of the hostel is excellent - the train station, bus stations, and metro are all nearby. There's also a couple 7-11s and a bubble tea place with an English menu around with corner. Our room was really clean and the beds were super comfortable. My only complaint is that the hot water ran out after a few people showered. Also, there were a couple of rogue mosquitoes in our room.

Really comfortable guest house style place. My room was extremely nice, with a Japanese-style bed and lots of wood furniture. Chunky and his staff were great and extremely helpful when I needed anything.

Chunky and his team were really helpful in giving advice on places to see or places to grab a bite. He has snacks for guests as well as lots of maps/info/travel guides. The hostel has tv with over 80 channels cable. Kitchen has a stove top, fridge, microwave, kettle, and toaster as well. The hostel is small - a 6 bed girls dorm, a 7 bed mixed dorm and 2 private rooms with 3 toilet/showers. Girls room has a closet and mirror! Rooms are spacious. Feels like a home. Best hostel I've stayed at!

Chunky was the perfect host! He was so kind and helpful - let me check in early, walked me to the bus stop for the airport because I didn't know where it was, showed me the best beef noodle place in town and so many other things. There was always free food, and you could help yourself to things in the fridge whenever you were hungry. It was like a home away from home. In a great location too, I would definitely stay there again!

Although I had some trouble getting to the hostel on arrival in Taipei, I fully enjoyed my stay at CT House for five days~ Staff(Chunky and Terry) and guests were all friendly and greatly helpful. Thank you, Chunky and I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone planning to travel in Taipei.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

离火车站有段距离,不太好找,但是还算方便,老板很热情很有帮助

Nice and friendly staff. Good atmosphere in the hostel. Good location but quite quiet at night time.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Everything was nice except a few unconsiderate guests. Back very late after mid-night, then shower for more than 1 hour and using hair dryer. Next early morning occupying all wash rooms and repeating shower and using hair dryer for more than 1 hour

If you are looking for warm and nice guest house during Taipei trip, this is the one. It is only one-year-old guest house and i like the guys there who are warmer thea their house.

• 15th Dec 2014