• Ln. 172, Chang’an W. Road, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan
9.5
Superb 305 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 305 Total Reviews
Taipei City Home Located at Ln. 172, Chang’an W. Road, Datong District, Taipei.
Taiwan
Taipei Ln. 172, Chang’an W. Road, Datong District
95% 305
25.0506366 121.5157378
    Rooms available

18th May 2016

I had a great time at Taipei City Home. It had everything I needed, and Chunky was extremely helpful with planning things to do in the city. I was only here for one night, but would definitely stay here again if I ever return to Taipei.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
12th May 2016

First the location is really near to taipei main station. Second, Chunky and Vion is really nice and helpful person. I've book to stay for one night but chunky were so kind that he allow myself to chill at his common area even after I have checked out and I had an early flight next day. Chunky offered and walked with myself to bus station as I was going to walk alone in the midnight. Thanks Chunky! It was nice experience to stay and will definitely Recommend this place to other travelers as well

• charlottehammnd8706
  • USA, Female, 25-30
10th May 2016

The staff here are really lovely and helpful. I have never had a hostel staff member PERSONALLY show me a restaurant before, as in actually take me down the street. The help is top-notch and they make you really feel at home. The rooms are nice and comfortable and the location is very central. It wasn't a super friendly, collective and typical hostel atmosphere. Could have just been the time I was there. Also, I found it a bit irritating that no alcohol is allowed anywhere on the premises.

2nd May 2016

We really enjoyed our stay in Taipei. Chunky was super helpful in giving us ideas on what to do and places to check out. The bunk beds had curtains for privacy which was nice. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here!

• USA, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2016

Staff is so nice, and the location is great. However, it was hard to find it in the begging. I wish that the bathrooms were little more clean and not so wet. When we were checking-in and checking-out, the staff was not there, so we did not know what to do. It will be great if they can provide some fruits and ham for breakfast instead of just bread. Overall, it is great value for money for sure.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
1st May 2016

Chunky was such an amazing host! He stayed until 2:30AM to help us get checked in when our flight arrived very early in the morning in Taipei. He was also incredibly helpful with recommendations and walked us to the airport bus when it was time to go. His hostel is cozy and inviting, and he also provides maps to help locate the hostel. Would happily stay there again! :)

30th Apr 2016

Super convenient location, clean, really helpful staff!! I RECOMMEND!

• USA, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2016

If you find open beds at this hostel, TAKE IT! The owner, Chunky, is the most helpful human alive and is dedicated to his work with passion. He is always ready to help you with any questions you might have. My first night he asked my plans for the next day. I told him I was meeting a friend for a hike. Without asking him, he sat me down and told me how to get to the trails. I had a wonderful time at TCH! Thank you, Chunky!!!!!

• seanbrads5
  • Ireland, Couple, 31-40
19th Apr 2016

Great location adjacent to Taipei Main Station. Welcoming & informative host who gave us so much valuable advice. Chunky could run a tour guide company on the side. Very secure & a great base to explore Taipei City. The hostel had a very homely feel. Something like an air BnB crossed with a hostel. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
11th Apr 2016

The owner was very kind and helpful. He saved my two days by being very flexible and offering to help. Thank you!!!