Taipei City Home Reviews

Ln. 172, Chang’an W. Road, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan

The location is strongest point about this hostel. It is very near from TaipeiMainStation. You can go to anywhere you want from Taipei main station. The owner of this hostel is very kind, he is willing to help us for anything we ask for. The facility is very very clean, nothing bad things to say about this hostel. I made a lot of friends here, thanks for nice chat!!

very cozy place and kind staffs are good at night, guests have to lock the door properly but sometimes the main door was opened at late night. better security system is required

I would love to stay at this Hostel again, because the atmosphere was really good. The owner was always very nice and helpful and had a lot of tips for sightseeing in Taipei. From the hostel it is just a few minutes walk to the Taipei main station which is perfect! There is no-drugs rule, which includes alcohol and cigarettes. Also the Hostel has only two dormitories for six people each and two or three private rooms, so it is mostly quiet enough, which I prefer to big party hostels.

• 22nd Apr 2015

I am giving my both thumbs up. I was only there for one night.The Owner here. He is not just friendly but incredibly nice. He picked me from the station and given me great tips on what to do and see. The place was very clean and nice. Its also quiet at night as you won't hear motorcyclist noise. Its really worth the monies.

Felt very much like a home to me. The warm hospitality of Chunky, the owner, as well as friendly atmosphere with other guests made me enjoy my stay here. The location is perfect, 3-5 mins from the MRT/Bus/Train Station. There are plenty of good food around (ask Chunky about the sushi, beef noodle, and donut!). The bathroom is clean, the facilities are excellent (anything you need!), and they have food for you all day long! The bed is quite comfy, and the wifi worked well. A wonderful place!

Thanks for the hospitality and keeping the accommodation clean all the time! Location was central and convenient -- and the map that the staff emailed me in advance was helpful in finding it.

Taipei City Home is the best hostel I've stayed at in Taipei at this price range, and I've stayed in most of them. The location, while initially hard to find, is great for travelers. Chunky, the host, is awesome and friendly. Plus the beds had foam mattresses and latex pillows like whaaaaa. Only downside is there are few bathrooms relative to the number of beds; I wish they would add more guest sinks/mirrors in the hallway to gainfully use that dead space. Overall, amazing!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Just stayed one night but would have been more than happy with extended stay

The staff is nice n helpful. The room is clean n tidy. The hostel is near to Taipei station. If I go to Taipei again, I will stay in this hostel.

This is really a home for travelers like us who travels a lot and looking for home feel during traveling. The house owner is really very helpful and friendly and high give us the 'homely' feel which travelers are looking forward. Will definitely be back to stay again.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Stayed here for a long weekend in a group of four guys. The location was easy to find and very convenient for travelling around the city. The staff were very helpful and recommended some good local food in the area. I would highly recommend this as a easy place to set up camp to travel around Taipei.

Central, clean, friendly and comfy!

There are mosquitoes at night with me :(

Chunky is a wonderful kind host who really went out of his way to help....very highly recommended! will stay here again for sure!

Great hostel! Good location, information/advice, and facilities. (kitchen, free laundry, etc.) Staying at Chunky's hostel feels like visiting an old friend. He and his family even cooked a huge traditional meal for all the guests on Chinese New Year! (for free!)

Great place to stay. Chunky helped us with a lot of awesome advice where to go in town and had supporting advice. You should stay there, it's a brilliant hostel to stay. Thanks Chunky!

• 10th Feb 2015

So good to stay.

Excellent! Thanks to Chunky and Terry.

• 7th Feb 2015

If you are traveling to Taipei come here. The amazing atmosphere and phenomenal host of Taipei City Home should not be missed!

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed at to date. No wonder it was #1 during my search. Chunky is a gracious and helpful host. The showers, room, whole house is immaculate and comfortable which is very important for me. Also met tons of great people during my stay here. Shout out to Terry and Mimi! Stay here and your trip to Taiwan is sure to be amazing.