Taipei City Home Reviews

Ln. 172, Chang’an W. Road, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan

The hostel is not conspicuous but provides a cosy atmosphere immediately. The description in the hostel's website is brilliant (a photo series leads the way). And it's true - the hostel is just 5 minutes away on foot from Taipei Main Station, North Exit.

Staff was very nice,kind and friendly. Location is also great. I want to stay here again.

Chunky was friendly and very helpful. Rooms were clean

• 6th Nov 2014

A home away from home. I stayed here for 6 nights in the female dorm room. Chunky is a fantastic host, always there to help you and go through the map with you to give you advice on where to go. Breakfast is simple and good, you have access to the kitchen anytime. Good living room to relax in too, with a TV. Highly recommended and I will stay there on my next visit to Taipei. Very close to main station which is useful when exploring the city.

位置很好,就在台北车站旁边。老板人很nice,各种耐心和热情。重要的是,一个大的客厅可以看电视和新认识的朋友聊天,又不失家的味道。推荐

• 7th Oct 2014

very good,excellent hostel

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

Good location, very close to Taipei Train Station! Also, you can find the malls and shops what fit all your daily needs nearby! Second, the hostel owner, Chunky, is very nice! He's willing to help, tried the best to provide the information you need! Lastly, all the place is very clear! Highly recommend this hostel to you guys!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Chunky is very nice and welcoming. The place is extremely convenient to get to center station of Taipei which is easy to get to any other places in Taiwan if u want.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • China

This is an excellent small hostel, a great place to chill out and relax. Chunky is awesome and makes sure his guests have a great stay not only in Taipei, but also throughout Taiwan - asked if there was anything I wanted to do, casually mentioned I'd like to climb Xueshan but needed a permit to do it, so he made some calls and found me a Taiwanese group to hike with. Amazing service. I'll certainly stay here whenever I'm in Taipei. Thanks Chunky!!

Chunky, the hostel owner, is really wonderful. Friendly, patient, and kind. He's a perfect go-to for any questions related to Taipei and can pretty much be your tour guide! Just lovely.

Nice, clean, and wonderful location. It's close to Taipei main station, making it easy to access many metro lines. the owner is very capable and willing to help! Would recommend to almost anyone traveling to Taipei.

Everything is so great here! Perfect location, comfy room and beds, friendly hostel owner Chunky! I got everything needed here! Would definitely recommend this lovely hostel to all the backpackers who travel to this lovely city, taipei : )

I really loved my stay here, the owner really goes above and beyond for his guests and really makes you feel at home. He also speaks great english, with the slightest Australian accent, loves to travel and can probably give you a few tips on where to go while the our in taiwan.

Chunky is really nice and the hostel is very cozy, clean and well-equipped. There is even a big closet area and full-body length mirror! Super for girls and also long stay ;) Recommended 100%

We had a great stay! Chunky was fantastic, giving us information about Taipei and getting around. The hostel was welcoming with a decent kitchen with tea/bread/milk etc. Rooms were great, all had working air con, comfortable beds with clean linen and towels. Chunky was very flexible with letting us leave things after check out and hang around until our flights. The only issue was identifying the hostel from outside - there was no English signage so we didn't know we were in the right place!

A very good location. Very close to the MRT. Chunky was friendly and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again.

• 10th Aug 2014

felt like home the moment I arrived, exhausted and in need of a warm shower and comfy bed!

Great clean and cozy house located close to the main station. Chunky was a great help in getting me set up. Beds were more comfortable than theones at my dorm in kmu

• 1st Aug 2014

Chunky is very nice!

you guys are awesome! thanks for helping me improve my chinese

• 25th Jul 2014