Taipei Happy Family Hostel-ZhongShan Station Reviews

2F #3,Lane 135,ZhongShan North Road Sec.1, Taipei, Taiwan

We felt very welcome at this hostel from the second we entered, Tom greeted us and he's a great guy, he speaks super good english and he armed us with all the information that we needed as soon as we got there. He's a real hard worker too, he's there working hard cleaning the entire hostel for hours everyday, he's really thorough and everywhere is always very clean! Room was great, beds are comfy, air con was great. No negatives at all and 7elelven bakeries and good eateries very closeby!!

房间有点小,但很安静,环境也不错,如果对居住要求不好的话,这是一个很好的住所

The boss was helpful and great. He was so kind enough for letting me get in to the hostel by using password to leave my luggage while he was out(via phone). The room i had is a queen size bed and so comfy. The space is just nice for one traveller to put the luggage. All the facilities are well-equipped and easy to use. The heater for shower just kind of hard to control and luckily is it summer season now. It would be great if there's a small dustbin in the room so it will be much convenient.

the best money value in taipei! no breakfast and no condition for cooking but actually that makes more clean environment which is bug-free and fresh! i used 4 mixed dorm and it was quite nice. it's near the mrt station, shopping places, restaurants and bars. really convenient and the owner Tom keep this place so clean which i love most. highly recommend if you want to save money and stay in the clean place.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • wild_wombat
  • South Korea

Very clean, quiet, comfortable, safe, near to Zhongshan station, well-equipped with locker, air-conditioner, hot shower, washing machine, water cooler and water heater. It's just that there is no standby staff at the hostel.

The hostel is really really clean and the owner is open to receive guests out of the check-in time.

They have no kitchen to use and the place is small,I stayed in a 2person room and I was done cuz finally nobody came but sharing that room with an stranger would have been a bit uncomfortable.anyways,the location is good and for passing just the night as I did, it is convenient.

It was a pleasant stay at Taipei Happy Family Hostel and I would definitely be returning to this hostel should I visit Taipei again. Manager Tom was really helpful and welcoming towards the guests and the hostel facilities and accommodation factors were thoroughly covered. No regrets at all!

Excellant location, friendly staff.

太脏了,搞得我都睡不着

• 29th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Happy Family中山站提供給每位旅遊者優越位置,價格公道,童叟無欺,Happy Family中山站對於乾淨和衛生更是有百分百的信心隨時歡迎大家指教,我們希望住客退房之後能提供具有建設性的優質評論,住宿期間如有不滿意之處還請當面多多賜教,我們不勝感激

I booked a single room and paid deposite, filled arrival 22:00. I get there by 20:30, ring the bell but nobody show up. I call the host, he said that the room was taken by another one, a bed was still available, but he can only show up 23:30. I am very angry, asked if he expect me to wait outside for 3 hours, then he gave me pw and i enter the hostel. He explained it happened becos I didn't reply their confirm letter, the deposite is taken by hostelworld, dislike hostelworld and this hostel.

Really good location, 3 mnt from zhongsan MRT,

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

The location is good as it is near Zhongshan station. very convenient to go to Taipei station or other tourist attractions. however, it is quite noisy if you live in the room near window because there are loud echoes in the street. the hygiene is average. The overall hygiene of the hostel is good but I found out my leg was full of red spots caused by fleas. I wondered they were caused by fleas in the bed.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Happy Family, the name fits. Tiny hostel with only a few rooms. Shared bathroom doesn't do anything here, since it really is like a family house. Place was clean and nice. Only downside is the loud street.. But since I am used to it, nothing bad. Bed was fluffy and nice, free air conditioning. Easy to find, if you are smart enough to look at a map. Friendly staff. Good stay for us. Outside looks a bit creepy but comfortable inside.

交通方便,房間乾淨,設施齊備,Tom很樂於協助解答問題.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

the location is very convenient. price is exceptionally low. the manager is very nice and willing to help you with all efforts.

• 28th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Took a while to find the place; didn't realise there were two outlets: Lane 56 and Lane 135. Regardless, both of them are 5 mins from Taipei Main Station and Zhongshan station respectively. Not much of a lively atmosphere, more of a place for sleep only. Beds were clean and comfortable and showers were clean too its hot water. Aircon provided in the summer!

The position of this hostel is nice It near MRT and bus station. you can travel easier by use it. And the staff is kind and nice talk . you can also know many information from him. such as some delicious foods in night market . Room is clean and security is good !!

Manager Tom is very kind. Location is good, 2 mins walk to metro. Room is a little small but very clean and tidy. Price is very good. Recommanded.

• 26th May 2014
  • China

Best hostel you can have. Especially the location is at the zhongshan station. (2mins walk)