Taiwan Hostel Happy Family Reviews

No. 2,2 Floor, Lane 56, Zhong Shan North Road, Sec 1, Taipei, Taiwan

MOSQUITOES!!! so many bugs. you get what you pay for. it was a cheap price and you get a cheap place

• 3rd Apr 2014

I highly recommend getting a private room. The people in the dorms tend to come in and out as late as 2PM, and it does not cost that much to get a single. I arrived at Happy Family years ago when I came to Taiwan for the first time, so I have a lot of nostalgic feelings about the place.

We had issues with the booking, but the owner was very accommodating. Great location - next to the main train hub, and affordable.

If you can tolerate poor hygiene in the bathroom and don't mind sleeping at night with mosquitoes bites, I strongly recommend this hostel for staying. It's very conveneient to transit everywhere in Taipei. I specially thank manager for touring us around the city of Taipei that made us have a nice day there at the very last of our trip!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We booked for a room with a double bed and we got 2 separate beds. The room wasn't clean (with strange bloodstains from insects on the walls), neither was the bathroom ! It's very noisy with the noise of the street, hard to sleep ! The room we got doesn't look like the pictures we saw on the website ! It was small, with an ugly neon light, you can't feel comfortable in such a place. The location is nice but it's too noisy and filthy, we wouldn't go back !

Not the most modern, cleanest or with the best facilities ~ but it's cheap, in a great location, cheap, with friendly staff and normally an interesting mix of folk. Oh, and did I mention it's cheap?!? Don't expect too much, but you don't spend too much either. I've stayed here a couple of times and I'd be happy to do so again.

So many Japanese people on here

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Good hostel, but next to a very busy (and noisy) road, but easy to find and close to the train station. Facilities and rooms are really basic but serve their purpose.

Very basic, but the owners are truly lovely and the location is great. It is more of a home than a hostel as the name "Happy Family" says. If you're looking for a cozy place in a good location, it is good value for money. If you're more interested in being in a typical backpacker environment, look for some other hostel in Taipei.