Taiwan Hostel Happy Family Reviews

No. 2,2 Floor, Lane 56, Zhong Shan North Road, Sec 1, Taipei, Taiwan

We loved our stay, but it was a very difficult hostel to find - we recommend that you put another sign up

The lack of a lift is quite troublesome for people with luggage, especially when the rooms are on either the third or fourth floor. However, we enjoyed our stay there as the staff is helpful and the location is really convenient. Ah, talking about the location, the hostel isn't easy to recognise for first-timers. There isn't obvious signs or directions.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Worth the money and good location to travel through Taipei Main stn.

• 17th May 2014
  • Malaysia

They do the best they can with what they have. I will stay again for a short time (late night arrival) but this is not a hotel by any stretch.

• 15th May 2014

Great location (less than 5min.from the Main station) and knowledgeable hostelowner Mr. John, it was really interesting to talk to him. Hostel is near the big knowledgeable, so be prepared it could be noisy at night and morning. There is a rooftop were you can hang out. Wi-fi was srtong only at common area. Overall is ok, especially for that money

Great hostel for an even better price! Pretty much the cheapest in Taipei on the best location ever. It's almost on top of the MRT Main Station (1 min walk) so easy to reach the whole city. Especialy because the MRT is really cheap.. Only downside is maybe the traffic noise from outside, but i got used to it after a night. O, and no locker for the dorms...

Really close to the main station, so very central to everything (but also quiet noisy). Mr Li was super friendly and helpful.

first of all, the location is the best. it is close to Taipei main station and Taipei west bus station. also, there are some shopping malls near the hostel. if you are going to leave tomorrow, it will be good choice for you to book this hostel. Also, the owner is very kind. so, if you need a help, probably he will do his best to help you. and he speaks English very well. overall, i recommed this home.

MOSQUITOES!!! so many bugs. you get what you pay for. it was a cheap price and you get a cheap place

• 3rd Apr 2014

I highly recommend getting a private room. The people in the dorms tend to come in and out as late as 2PM, and it does not cost that much to get a single. I arrived at Happy Family years ago when I came to Taiwan for the first time, so I have a lot of nostalgic feelings about the place.

We had issues with the booking, but the owner was very accommodating. Great location - next to the main train hub, and affordable.

Ok place. Night staff wasn't too friendly. Close enough to the train. I wouldn't necessarily stay again but it was good for one night.

If you can tolerate poor hygiene in the bathroom and don't mind sleeping at night with mosquitoes bites, I strongly recommend this hostel for staying. It's very conveneient to transit everywhere in Taipei. I specially thank manager for touring us around the city of Taipei that made us have a nice day there at the very last of our trip!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We booked for a room with a double bed and we got 2 separate beds. The room wasn't clean (with strange bloodstains from insects on the walls), neither was the bathroom ! It's very noisy with the noise of the street, hard to sleep ! The room we got doesn't look like the pictures we saw on the website ! It was small, with an ugly neon light, you can't feel comfortable in such a place. The location is nice but it's too noisy and filthy, we wouldn't go back !

Not the most modern, cleanest or with the best facilities ~ but it's cheap, in a great location, cheap, with friendly staff and normally an interesting mix of folk. Oh, and did I mention it's cheap?!? Don't expect too much, but you don't spend too much either. I've stayed here a couple of times and I'd be happy to do so again.

So many Japanese people on here

• 3rd Dec 2013