Taksim Lounge Reviews

Katip celebi mh. mucadele cikmazi No:5, Istanbul, Turkey

Amazing stay, great people, sweet location, thanks for everything!

• 23rd Jul 2014

I love the days stay there. The atmosphere was excellent and I really like this hostel's style, feels like home and make people in there relaxed, and the staff were really nice too. The location is also good because it's located in the alleys around the Taksim square and there were many stores so you can always walk around.

Hostel is one street away from main street and has the friendliest and most helpful staff. One of them came with me to translate Turkish to English at customs (had a package stuck at the border), so clearly they go out of their way to make you feel safe and comfortable in Istanbul. The roof was great to hang out and drink on before starting the night. Clean sheets, hot showers, endless tea.

• 16th Jul 2014

Review for double bed room - excellent value for money. Nice and comfort room with shared balcony. Very friendly and helpful staff, perfect location.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Really enjoyed our stay in Taksim Lounge which provided us with the perfect base to explore istanbul. Only slight negative was the smell from outside. Otherwise great location (close to public transport), good breakfast and extremely helpful and friendly staff. Would recommend highly to anyone who was visiting this great city

• 14th Jul 2014

Very cosy and good location. Ill comeback.

Awesome hostel!! My girlfriend and I stayed here for about 5 nights and were blown away by the fantastic double rooms, which were clean, modern and quite large. The staff are very friendly and gave us some great places to find cheap and scrumptious kebabs! Staying in taksim seems way superior to in the old town, as its happening all night around here (but not loud at all) and the vibe is excellent. All in all, we loved our stay in Istanbul because of our sweet accommodation and location!

• 5th Jul 2014

Great hostel in a good location in New town, surrounded by nice bars and cafés. It's over an hour walk to old town and the main sites.. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Breakfast and rooftop terrace were great. Would definitely stay here again. No problems.

Location can be a little hard to find. Great staff made the experience really enjoyable.

• 29th Jun 2014

The staff was kind and polite, explaining everything about the hostel and location up arrival and even bending rules and allowing me to leave my belongings until late at night when I could move to my friend's apartment (granted, they were not busy). Breakfast in the morning (when I woke up in time) was nice. However, they are not a good resource for information about nightlife in and around that area and gave me 3 bad suggestions and one OK one.

It Was a very good stay. The hostel was clean and the staff very helpful.

A good choice, one of the best hostels in which I've stayed anywhere in Europe. Good location and helpful staff, clean and pleasant surroundings, a definitely above-average breakfast. It's a cheerful and personable place. My only (tiny) criticism....a coffee maker would be nice (the place relies on instant, which I abhor); and a microwave oven in the kitchen would be useful. Otherwise, full marks, and my thanks to the staff for their considerable efforts in making my stay a pleasant one.

I really liked this hostel! The atmosphere, staff, location - everything was great! Breakfast is a nice addition and it's served on a rooftop! I definitely recommend it.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Russia

The staffs are helpful and warm. They love to cook sth new!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff there are amazing! So friendly and helpful. Dorm rooms are clean an comfy. Shower and toilets are cleaned on a frequent basis. Thumbs up for the good maintenance. Internet is ok, although occasionally drops off, but it was good enough for me.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

excellent turkish breakfast, nice staff

Thanks guys, I had a wonderful time in Istanbul! The location is great, just a couple of minutes away from Taksim where the heart of Istanbul is beating. Surprisingly it's fairly quiet. It's a very good deal for money. The guys working there are very helpful and friendly, I got the best advices from them! Definitely an hostel to recommend!!

Nice hostel near Taksim Square. This an area that is away from the Old City but close to the metro. This was nice place to stay for the three days in Istanbul. Nice breakfast in the morning and very helpful and friendly staff. Hot showers, great wifi, lockers, kitchen...everything you would want in a hostel. This isn't a party hostel ...it's more on the quite laid back side.

Great hostel. The breakfast was very nice and the staff are really helpful. The wifi was good but dropped out occasionally.

We had a fantastic time at Taksim. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable of the city, and also fun to hang out with. The free breakfast is a nice perk. Definitely worth the money if you're in Istanbul on a budget.

• 8th Jun 2014