Taksim Lounge Reviews

Katip celebi mh. mucadele cikmazi No:5, Istanbul, Turkey

I wish I had found this hostel sooner while I was staying in Istanbul. This is what a hostel is supposed to be... the staff brings all the hostel goings together in a social atmosphere, takes them out and shows them a good time, etc. The owner/manager of the hostel is this totally sweet Australian guy who you absolutely need to go out with. He will make your Istanbul experience that much better. I wouldn't stay anywhere else the next time I'm in Istanbul.

Location can be a little hard to find. Great staff made the experience really enjoyable.

• 29th Jun 2014

The staff was kind and polite, explaining everything about the hostel and location up arrival and even bending rules and allowing me to leave my belongings until late at night when I could move to my friend's apartment (granted, they were not busy). Breakfast in the morning (when I woke up in time) was nice. However, they are not a good resource for information about nightlife in and around that area and gave me 3 bad suggestions and one OK one.

It Was a very good stay. The hostel was clean and the staff very helpful.

A good choice, one of the best hostels in which I've stayed anywhere in Europe. Good location and helpful staff, clean and pleasant surroundings, a definitely above-average breakfast. It's a cheerful and personable place. My only (tiny) criticism....a coffee maker would be nice (the place relies on instant, which I abhor); and a microwave oven in the kitchen would be useful. Otherwise, full marks, and my thanks to the staff for their considerable efforts in making my stay a pleasant one.

I really liked this hostel! The atmosphere, staff, location - everything was great! Breakfast is a nice addition and it's served on a rooftop! I definitely recommend it.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Russia

The staffs are helpful and warm. They love to cook sth new!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff there are amazing! So friendly and helpful. Dorm rooms are clean an comfy. Shower and toilets are cleaned on a frequent basis. Thumbs up for the good maintenance. Internet is ok, although occasionally drops off, but it was good enough for me.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

excellent turkish breakfast, nice staff

Thanks guys, I had a wonderful time in Istanbul! The location is great, just a couple of minutes away from Taksim where the heart of Istanbul is beating. Surprisingly it's fairly quiet. It's a very good deal for money. The guys working there are very helpful and friendly, I got the best advices from them! Definitely an hostel to recommend!!

Nice hostel near Taksim Square. This an area that is away from the Old City but close to the metro. This was nice place to stay for the three days in Istanbul. Nice breakfast in the morning and very helpful and friendly staff. Hot showers, great wifi, lockers, kitchen...everything you would want in a hostel. This isn't a party hostel ...it's more on the quite laid back side.

Great hostel. The breakfast was very nice and the staff are really helpful. The wifi was good but dropped out occasionally.

We had a fantastic time at Taksim. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable of the city, and also fun to hang out with. The free breakfast is a nice perk. Definitely worth the money if you're in Istanbul on a budget.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel, the people are very helpful and very nice!

• 7th Jun 2014

Very good hostel.Nice and helpfull staf especially Sezai.Good rooftop and breakfast.Very central location.

• 7th Jun 2014

Amazing staff and location. Made my experience in istambul even more perfect.

Located so close to Taksim, Istiklai, and Galata neighbourboods. Endless shopping and eating out options. Safe and nice. Staff was very helpful, make sure to ask for eating recommendations - we were very happy with ours. Breakfast was very nice and on the roof terrace. People socialize in the kitchen a lot as well. Wifi is the only downside though-it's very sporadic.

This hostel is excelent! If you are planning to visit Istanbul and having a very good time definitely this is your best option! The place is always clean, the ubication is perfect, the best atmosphere in a hostel I've ever been, very secure place and the staff is always there to help you out in everything when you need it and for plus it has a good breakfast included. When I go back to Istanbul I'll go back this hostel for sure!

it was a very nice experience there, good location, good staff, I recommend.

I love this hostel, so I extend my stays 3 more days with my sister. Staff are really helful. They found camera repair shop for me, I could my camera repaired. Near the Taksim square It's Easy to take the airportbus. Locker, bathroom, kitchen, bed are all ok.