Taksim Lounge Reviews

Katip celebi mh. mucadele cikmazi No:5, Istanbul, Turkey

We will recommend this hostel. Great staff and great location! We got a double bed room and there was a little terrace for the two of us. Clean hostel too.

A great stay was had in a double ensuite room, lovely roof-top terrace for breakfast and great location up in Taksim for shops and nightlife but not too close for quiet at night.

• 15th Aug 2013

Rooms are a bit hot, a floor fan would be immensely helpful.

The location right at Taksim is perfect, the rooms and facilities are very clean at any time a day and the roof terrace is the best place to hang out and meet other travelers. A complimentary breakfast is served on the terrace. Last but not least there is the amazing staff who go out of their way in order to help you with everything they can and make your stay in Istanbul an unforgettable experience! I highly recommend this hostel to everyone looking for a laid-back and feel-good atmosphere.

• 13th Aug 2013

On arrival there was no staff to check us in

Really cool Hostel! Owner is a nice guy!!

one of the best hostels ive stayed in. friendly staff, clean, safe and cheap what more could you ask for!

• 5th Aug 2013

The rooms and spacious and the staff is very helpful, the best staff I have ever seen in any hostel. Just ask anything and they will help you in every possible way. Just go to the terrace and you will get to know many new people because the atmosphere is quite friendly.

We stayed in the 8 room dorm, which was extremely packed. There was barely space to walk between the bunk beds to get to the free beds. The mattresses were excessively thin; one of the springs on my mattress was actually sticking out and scratched me. The room had no fresh air, and the windows were nailed shut, so that by the morning it smelled horrendously. The whole place is just cheap and uncomfortable, so w left after only one night, even though they refused to refund the next 2 nights.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Absolutely amazing hostel, wifi and breakfast included, very friendly staff, great terrace, close to main street

Staff was excellent. The best available. Great location, though my experience in the area was a bit sketchy, I felt completely safe in the hostel. Awesome rooftop and great breakfast.

• 1st Aug 2013

Best hostel we ever had. Nice room. Nice, helpfull and funny staff. Good and lively location.

This hostel is a MUST in Istanbul. Really close to the main point in the city (Taksim Square), it is definitely, the best hostel I´ve ever stayed at! -Amazing Atmosphere! -The MOST HELPFUL STAFF ever. We even received complimentary Baklavas! -Great common areas (kitchen, terrace, dining room), and really clean bathrooms, rooms. -A lot of places to plug my devices! Thanks for all Guys!

I had a truly excellent stay at Taksim Lounge!!! The staff were absolutely tops. Especially Engin, who was incredibly laid back and would go above and beyond to be useful. The breakfast was delightful and incredibly decent for the price of the stay. The facilities were clean, though the beds and doors were a little creaky. The rooftop is relaxing and was the spot of many fond memories for me and guests I met up there. The caliber of people who visit this hostel is much higher than average.

• 27th Jul 2013

Terrific location in Taksim Square, the staff are incredibly helpful and the room clean, functional and a great base to start from in Istanbul. You can tell the owners have earned their well deserved reputation through the people who stay at the hostel; the atmosphere is terrific and I met a some really ace people. Thanks!

• 30th Jun 2013

I recommend this place for backpackers, the personnel was very kind, the rooms are clean, maybe at first sight the place doesn't see very good because the entrance was under reparation but the rooms are okay. The price is good and includes a breakfast. Regards from Mexico to the Taksim Lounge personnel.

The location is great, our room had a terrace so that was nice, the breakfast was good and the staff were nice. We had a great time in Istanbul.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Slovenia

Cool place in a perfect location. Don't Let all the craziness happening in taksim square prevent you from staying in this hostel.

Stayed in this hostel during a tense period in istanbul. Felt bery safe inside the hostel despite the events taking place. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. Awesome location! Close to everything! Very clean and ran professionally.

Istanbul is such a great city and Taksim Lounge is the best to stay! I met lots of people in the big terasse (which is really relaxing and cool when it's sunny). Bedrooms are clean and the owner is really helpfull and nice! The hostel has also a really good location.

• 10th Jun 2013