Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Great family atmopshere, im travelling alone so it was a great place to meet lots of people and go and do things together. the lounge\ common area is a really big lounge with comfy sofas. great staff very willing to help and send you to the hidden gems. great place all round

I really dont have any bad words for this hostel. We stayed in the newer part of the hostel which is still being decorated, but nothing important was missing, we had everything. Showers were perfect, room small but cozy and staff is the greatest.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

I ve stayed for 6 days in sopha hostel. And that was really great! You can meet peaple from allover the world ! the staff was greatfull and always smiling! So every thing was just perfect :)

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Tunisia

This cosy little hostel is situated perfectly for any party enthusiast and is also really close to the Taksim Square metro. I was a solo traveler but it was very easy to meet people. The living room was always filled with people: the staff just hanging around, travelers meeting travelers and even a bunch of locals just chilling. The staff is awesome, Matt and Nathan are the coolest. The showers are awesome too: big, clean, very hot and a good spray. I just really loved my stay at this hostel.

Staff are very friendly and helpful! If you're wanting to stay on the 'new side' of Istanbul, this place is an excellent location, close to many restaurants and bars. Also good value for money. Although the kitchen area is not large enough for those wanting to prepare their own meals.

Great community vibe. Nathan, the owner is friendly and willing to help out in all ways- recommends a great doner! The place is cheap and it's a nice location- if you want to stay on the 'new side' and good value.The kitchen wasn't large enough to prepare our own food, but the places around were cheap and tasty. The rooms and toilets weren't too clean and the beds were a bit creaky.

• 15th Feb 2015

I had a good time, friendly staff and good location..=)..!!

Located just far enough from Istiklal that you can get a great nights sleep and close enough that you can walk there in 3 minutes the location is perfect. I was recommended this hostel by a friend and it was great. The staff were very friendly, it didnt feel like a hostel at all. I could bring my own beer and drink with the other guests. They gave me free breakfasts, took me to great bars and generally made sure I had a fantastic time. Totally recommend.

Very nice atmosphere, lovely people. Loved the paintings on the walls! It was kinda cold in the room, but we were there during a snowstorm so go figure.

My only complaint was that it was very cold , other than that had an excellent time

• 6th Jan 2015

Hostel is great! funky place in a good way. cleaned daily, comfy beds, nice social common room, good water pressure in the hot showers, The best part is the staff & particularly the owner Nathan, Super good guy, very helpful and fun! really makes Sopha your home while your there! One of the only hostels that allows you to bring your own alcohol. He just bought a new more upscale hostel next door can't wait to see the finished building. If you're not a pretentious douche this is the place for you

cheers bro/ all the best on the travels to africa! dont get banged up abroad

Very comfortable and friendly atmosphere. All you could ever ask for in a hostel.

• 28th Dec 2014

Great location! Host and staff are super helpful and very considerate. I feel very comfortable

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Best hostel ever! Very nice staff. They make it feel like a home!

Thanks guys, was great to meet you all, look forward to seeing you again

This is no ordinary hostel. This hostel provides a unique experience in Istanbul, with friendly staff who provided me with a much-welcome family atmosphere and great home from which to explore this vibrant city. Ask the staff for specific recommendations about stuff you want to experience, be it music or food or night life. And if you need fancy dress costumes, just ask Nathan!

Thank you for your kind words, were very proud of what we have going on here. Hope to see you again soon bro =)

If you're looking to stay in an overwhelmingly friendly place, to meet amazing people from all over, and if you're looking for a home away from home, do not think twice about staying here. This hostel is located right off of Istiklal St, which is where you want to be, if you're not too familiar with the area. It has a really nice common room filled with art, people, tea, and a cat. The atmosphere is really cool and relaxed and the staff is all amazing amazing amazing. I had a fabulous time here.

Amazing staff, atmosphere was so welcoming. Directions were step by step perfect. 100% recommend to anyone, quiet and clean.

• 10th Dec 2014

Thanks for coming, hope you had a good time with your mum =)

Very nice hostel, friendly and helpfull staff, right near Taksim Square. Lots of little cafes and restaurants nearby. The old city is some 20 minute walk away over the Galata Bridge... I stayed in the 10 dorm and met some nice people. The hostel is clean and owned by a nice kiwi dude. Recommended!

• 29th Nov 2014

Hey =) Thanks for coming to stay bro, glad you got to make the most of what we have to offer. Come back soon

I've stayed at more than 100 hostels on 4 continents and THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST HOSTEL. Most of its clientele at the time of my visit left behind lots of trash, flooded the bathroom, played loud music in social areas and even in the sleeping areas until about 3.00 am. The owner seemed not to care about all this and didn't even bother to check who entered the hostel, so anyone could just walk in and steal our stuff.

Well we'd like to apologize for allowing our guests to have a good time. We dont discriminate on looks or hair styles. I hate to think that after 100 hostels you come to an amazing one like ours and dont want to enjoy the atmosphere.

Very helpful and friendly staff! I highly recommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3