Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Taksim Sopha Hostels is one of the best hostels I ever stayed it. Nathan, the owner, is the best in making people feel at home and steps out of his way to help you if you need it. I exteded my stay three times and still didnt want to leave when I finally had to. Onur, the manager, is super nice and local. Therefore you get a good idea of what there is to do and see in Istanbul apart from the main tourist attractions. The facilities feel comfy, bathrooms are clean and have good water pressure.

The hostel private room was in need of considerable work. The staff was friendly and helpful. Convenient location. Ok for a night challenge for 3.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The guy running this place is great. Really nice and friendly atmosphere in the common room and if you stick around there is a communal breakfast. Rooms leave a bit to be desired and there's a sort of all-over grungy feel to the place but the price is really cheap for Istanbul. We loved the neighbourhood as well, but off the beaten track and a delicious, cheap pizza by the slice is right around the corner! Nice rooftop terrace to chill out with some beers too!

The hostel is pretty basic in terms of its facilities. It could use another bathroom. However, staff is great and I had two breakfasts for free thanks to the friendly owner. The lounge is a great place to meet friends and get tips for your travels.

• 27th Sep 2014

You will immediately feel at home at this place, the owner is a very nice and generous guy. He is the perfect host: relaxed, but present when you need him. It might not be the most clean and comfortable place, but you pay peanuts and the atmosphere is so good, that these small inconviences are easily compensated for. Enjoy your stay!

• 23rd Sep 2014

A great hostel in a fun part of the city, Taksim. Nathan, the owner, is super nice and makes you feel immediately welcome. The hostel itself is in good shape, a perfect place for young people to stay while travelling in Istanbul. Would certainly stay again.

Super chill place with some pretty cool people. The place to be in Istanbul

a bit noisy

The Place is still under work but I had a lovely time there nonetheless. Lovely beds, and Hot Showers.Everyone is friendly and the location is excellent. Loved it there and I will definitely pay them a visit again! Thank you Nathan, Onur, Felix and Matt for making us feel welcome and hope to see you again soon!!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • United Arab Emirates

We were only able to stay at Taksim Sopha for 2 nights, which we regretted within an hour. Nathan and Onur were so accommodating and have created such a homely vibe, and were able to give us a lot of information about the area and sights etc. All guests got along really well and had such a good time. The location is perfect and rooms/facilities excellent. I would definitely recommend Taskim Sopha Hostel to anyone visiting Turkey. I will be returning for at least a few weeks next year!

People come and go all night, which is great for company, but if you're keen on sleeping bring ear plugs. :) Great atmosphere, amazing location in the heart of Taksim!

• 16th Sep 2014

As it states on the website this hostel is set in a noisy area with a busy nightlife so a good night's sleep is not guaranteed! One morning the coomon area and kitchen was locked which was an inconvenience. These negative points should not detract from the Kiwi owner who is a friendly and nice guy. Good location near Istikal street, restaurants and cafes. This small independent hostel is one of the budget options in Istanbul and I recommend for the backpacker looking to party.

This hostel is a perfect hostel to party! It's two minutes away from the nightlife at istiklal. There is a comfortable common room to socialize and the staff is cool and easygoing. Bear in mind though that in the night it can get a little bit loud so take earplugs with you.

Onur and Nathan are some super awesome guys! This is how a hostel should be run. I had one of the best weekends of my life here, and I wouldn't recommend any other place in Istanbul to stay. By far my favorite hostel I've been to :)

I had an absolutely amazing time there! The owner of the hostel is from New Zealand and he seriously keeps up the fantastic NZ hostel culture. I loved it and I'll definitely haven't been there for the last time ;)

• 30th Aug 2014

If you're a backpacker who loves meeting and hanging out with other backpackers in a great social atmosphere, this is the hostel for you. Thank so much to Nathan and Onur for a great stay. Me and Heni loved it, we only wish we could have stayed longer. See you next year!

This atmosphere is rare these days which is unfortunate because it is the type of place which everyone feels welcome, the owner is especially generous & accommodating. Everyone there; staff & guest alike can be found chatting, laughing & forming lasting friendships. The cleaning lady seems to be forever sweeping or mopping. The hostel is close to authentic hamams, antique shops & local grocers. Short metro or enjoyable walk to all the attractions. You won't want to leave - I stayed longer twice

• 25th Aug 2014

Nathan the owner is the best :)

it is located in a quiet street, the dormitory is quite small with many beds inside.

A great place, friendly staff, good location. Everyone staff and guest were great. Only issue was that being a great it was sometimes hard to leave.

« first « Prev 1 2 3