Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Hospitable staff, excellent location and absolutely worth your money. Only problem I could think of was that it was rather warm in the rooms - and it's half april at the moment - but I slept great nonetheless.

Coolest place to stay at you could get in Istanbul. Especially if you want to be in a strategic place like beyoglu, couple of minutes away from the vibrant Istiklal street. Staff tremendously friendly and the whole atmosphere is charming matches perfectly that of the beautiful of Istanbul. Definitely recommending this place, hands down. Cheers!

Its a nice place with good people and excelent atmosphere... The staff guys is excellent because they show you the good thinks to make in Istambul. I will come back for sure !!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Excellent homely hostel. The staff are really helpful and have an excellent insight to the city. The hostel is clean and safe. Excellent showers and free lockers. Will definitely be coming back.

• 31st Mar 2015

We had a room at the last stair of the hostel and during the night we heard animals (I guess it was pigeons) who were making noise during our sleep...The room was not very nice also. The guy who welcomed was not very friendly.

Hey sorry about that. Yes we found we had some pigeons nesting in the roof, but we have now kindly relocated them to there forever home and put wire mesh around the eves of the building preventing this from occuring again.

This budget hostel is a in a great location and has a really friendly, helpful stay. I would definitely stay there again or recommend it to someone who is looking for something low key in a great neighborhood. It would be helpful if it had a bigger signs or directional signs towards leading towards it. It's on a small road at the bottom of a hill and was tricky to find when jetlagged. But overall, good experience!

• 16th Mar 2015

I stayed in Sopha twice, and both times I was amazed with the staff, the atmosphere and the great ambiance. Perfect location and perfect place to be. Definitely recommended.

No complaints. Staff was great, location was great, locals were great. All in all 5/5.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Finland

This is a hostel where you can feel home abroad. Great staff, great location and amazing social room. I definitely would like to come back to Istanbul, and when I do, I will stay at Sopha for sure. Thank to Nathan and Matt for their amazing hospitality. You guys are family.

The stay at Taksim Sopha Hostel was definitely the best decision! It's located in the middle of the student scene, very close to a variety of bars, clubs, restaurants and cafes. Though it was quiet-you couldn't here any noises or anything which would disturb you from sleeping well. The staff at the Hostel is really really nice! They recommended a lot of great places to see and also went out with us, to show us the night scene! Definetely great people you shouldn't miss to get to know!

• 10th Mar 2015

- The bed was dirty, they didnt put a bedsheet for the duvey. That was pretty disgusting. And I doubt that they changed the pillow cover because it smelled quite bad. - The room smelled so bad we had to open the windows and the reason is that there is a big carpet and people walk barefoot and the smell stays there. - You can't pay with credit card or euros. - Bathroom and showers were dirty and old. The stuff was friendly and nice but go for another hostel if you can.

Well i some of this is true. there cleaning staff were late and the other staff did most of the cleaning and obviously didnt hand over properly and the job wasnt finished. its not acceptable and i appologıse. İ think we usually run a tight ship and cleaning is the most important thing for us. i guess everyone had there bad days

Had a brilliant time at Taksim Sopha. Had originally booked only 3 days but I ended up staying for a full week! The staff especially were fantastic and really went out of their way to help you. Would highly recommend staying here.

Great family atmopshere, im travelling alone so it was a great place to meet lots of people and go and do things together. the lounge\ common area is a really big lounge with comfy sofas. great staff very willing to help and send you to the hidden gems. great place all round

Hi! My first plan was to spend few nights in Istanbul, but finally i stayed three weeks in this hostel! All the staff (Nathan, Matt, Raghda, Manar and Taxim) are very nice and welcomed me so friendly! Nathan, the owner, has made a second building close to the first and this is the best hostel than i have never saw. It is made with a big kitchen with all the instruments to cook, A big showers with hot water and the beds of the dormitories are so...comfortable(All are news). Thanks you for all!

• 1st Mar 2015

Home away from home!!! And in the heart of Istanbul too; a stone's throw from Taksim Square, right off Istiklal Ave and in a cute section of the neighborhood peppered with antique stores and delightful places to grab authentic food. There's such a cool vibe at this hostel, it truly is a meeting point for citizens of the world, and the staff could not be sweeter and more helpful and attentive. If you're looking for a genuine, fun and comfortable experience in Istanbul, here it is! I'll be back ;)

great hostel (:

I really dont have any bad words for this hostel. We stayed in the newer part of the hostel which is still being decorated, but nothing important was missing, we had everything. Showers were perfect, room small but cozy and staff is the greatest.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

I ve stayed for 6 days in sopha hostel. And that was really great! You can meet peaple from allover the world ! the staff was greatfull and always smiling! So every thing was just perfect :)

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Tunisia

Had a great time at Taksim Hostel. It is in a great location, right near Istiklal street. Nathan is a great host and took me out for food my first night there to show me where some good stuff was. Manar and Matt were also awesome guys and it was great becoming friends with them and going out for drinks as well.

• 25th Feb 2015

This cosy little hostel is situated perfectly for any party enthusiast and is also really close to the Taksim Square metro. I was a solo traveler but it was very easy to meet people. The living room was always filled with people: the staff just hanging around, travelers meeting travelers and even a bunch of locals just chilling. The staff is awesome, Matt and Nathan are the coolest. The showers are awesome too: big, clean, very hot and a good spray. I just really loved my stay at this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3