Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Good stay - Welcoming atmosphere, easy to hang with the staff / other guests. Easy enough to follow directions there; just follow them and you'll get there. Facilities were just okay -- Shower head didn't stay on very well, but it's a good place to crash for a few nights.

Have stayed in a few other hostels in Istanbul, but this one is my favorite. Great open, inviting common area where everyone meets up, friendly staff, perfect location with less outside noise than others in Taksim. The owner is a Kiwi traveler himself, so you can expect this to be a real backpackers joint. Highly recommended.

This is my favorite hostel anywhere. The accommodations are simple but functional, the location is perfect, and the staff are amongst the best people I've met in my travels.

Was only there for one night between travels, friendly staff as well as helpful. Good location not far from taksim sq, nightlife, restaurants and shopping. Easy to meet fellow travellers on the common area. Would stay here again if back in Istanbul

It was in a good location but difficult to find. The staff were friendly but not as knowledgable as I would have hoped. There was only one bathroom. I think there are some improvements that could be made but for the price, it's pretty good value.

Oh we wısh you would have asked. there is 3 bathrooms for the dorm rooms. not to worry. We have just employed a new guy but as the place runs like a famıly home maybe you asked another guest for ınfo wıthout knowıng

Great hostel, staff are awesome and very helpful. Location is great for accessing the nightlife and the major tourist spots are all very easy to get to from this central location. Get to know the people who work here and you'll have a lot of fun!

Everyone was really nice !

• 8th May 2015

This hostel is ideally located for access to bars, clubs, shopping, but also for the metro, which brings you into the heart of historical Istanbul. The staff are fantastic and helpful, the atmosphere is relaxed and the nights out organised by the hostel are great fun.

• 7th May 2015

Brilliant place! Please try to stay for a couple of nights.

These guys were bloody champs! The whole team are really genuine, down to earth guys and the hostel atmosphere reflects their chilled out attitude. Always down for a night out or a night in, I thoroughly enjoyed my time cruising around Istanbul with these guys to point me in the right direction!

Great people, it was a bit tricky to find but they more than made up for it. Close to the action. I would stay there again.

• 20th Apr 2015

What a friendly, safe and chilled out place to hang out. Such beautiful staff who always made you feel so welcome. comfortable and happy to point you in the right direction. I would happily stay here again and would recommend anyone else too :-)

• 17th Apr 2015

Hospitable staff, excellent location and absolutely worth your money. Only problem I could think of was that it was rather warm in the rooms - and it's half april at the moment - but I slept great nonetheless.

The staff are friendly, the location is great, and the atmosphere welcomes you!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Coolest place to stay at you could get in Istanbul. Especially if you want to be in a strategic place like beyoglu, couple of minutes away from the vibrant Istiklal street. Staff tremendously friendly and the whole atmosphere is charming matches perfectly that of the beautiful of Istanbul. Definitely recommending this place, hands down. Cheers!

Awesome hostel with awesome staff and awesome people. Had a great 3 nights here and would highly recommend it to any traveler. It was the first hostel on my trip and it was a ton of fun. Only worry was that the rooms were a bit musty, and there may or may not have been black mold like stuff on the walls.

Its a nice place with good people and excelent atmosphere... The staff guys is excellent because they show you the good thinks to make in Istambul. I will come back for sure !!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Excellent homely hostel. The staff are really helpful and have an excellent insight to the city. The hostel is clean and safe. Excellent showers and free lockers. Will definitely be coming back.

• 31st Mar 2015

We had a room at the last stair of the hostel and during the night we heard animals (I guess it was pigeons) who were making noise during our sleep...The room was not very nice also. The guy who welcomed was not very friendly.

Hey sorry about that. Yes we found we had some pigeons nesting in the roof, but we have now kindly relocated them to there forever home and put wire mesh around the eves of the building preventing this from occuring again.

This budget hostel is a in a great location and has a really friendly, helpful stay. I would definitely stay there again or recommend it to someone who is looking for something low key in a great neighborhood. It would be helpful if it had a bigger signs or directional signs towards leading towards it. It's on a small road at the bottom of a hill and was tricky to find when jetlagged. But overall, good experience!

• 16th Mar 2015