Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff were very kind, the room too little for two persons, the position was perfect 50 mt to the main shopping street.

• 17th Aug 2015

Cosy hostel with nice style and very close to the main shopping street, which is a great tourist attraction! Nice guests and friendly staff.

Great location, fabulous staff. Excellent atmosphere

• 14th Aug 2015

The staff was kind, meals were delicious. Its a great chance to stay at this hostel...

loved the staff! perfect location nice facilities and enviroment. hostel is just on the heart of the city that you can reach everywhere by walk

We had a lovely time staying at the hostel and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

"Standard double bed private suite" is small, dirty, dark, without A/C, but it still costs 40 €. After midnight, nobody to be found at the reception, so you have to go around the neighbourhood to actually find someone. Only good thing is location. I wouldn't recommend it, because it's probably the worst hostel I've ever been.

Dear guest, Sorry if we have mistaken you with the title of our room :) Please keep in mind that this is a hostel, not a hotel. The double bed room is for two people, and for a city like Istanbul, 20 euros per person is a pretty good deal. We provide a clean, secure and comfortable room, however, amenities like an airconditioner would only make the room more expensive. We are sorry to hear that the fans werent enough. We believe that for the price, what we offer is pretty good.

This was my second stay with you--my first was great but at what I understand was another location. The second, I was first guided to a dirty bed that someone else was staying in and told it was fine, then your staff had different thoughts, came back, retrieved me, and put me in a room that was larger than the one I'd signed up for but relatively clean. I had to beg for a towel, etc., it just wasn't fun.

• 21st Jul 2015

Dear guest, Since we are usually full in the summer, sometimes we have complications regarding allocations. Even though these happen rarely, we are sorry that there was a misunderstanding regarding your situation. You can be sure that it will not happen again next time you are here.

Great staff really helpful with booking stuff to do and helping out with travel. Great location too.

Thank you very much. Please come again, so we can show you even more places in Istanbul :) Have a great trip back home.

It was a hood hostel and the best part is that its near istiklal street Staff is very friendly and good But there is only one problem that you will have trouble finding it :)

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • India

Great location, but not the cleanest or most comfortable of hostels. The bathrooms get wet after every shower because the curtains do little to contain the shower water. It's also a very loud hostel and you can hear the showers running through the walls. Definitely bring earplugs.

This hostel is right up there with the great hostels I've been to in terms of staff friendliness, atmosphere & location! Located just minutes from Taksim square it is in the middle of a buzzing area packed with bars and clubs. The common area was always occupied by chilled guests and helpful staff, which offered loads of great advice (often also joining themselves) as to where to go out for a drink or local dinner specialities. Would recommend to anybody who wants to see the real Istanbul!!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Good stay - Welcoming atmosphere, easy to hang with the staff / other guests. Easy enough to follow directions there; just follow them and you'll get there. Facilities were just okay -- Shower head didn't stay on very well, but it's a good place to crash for a few nights.

Have stayed in a few other hostels in Istanbul, but this one is my favorite. Great open, inviting common area where everyone meets up, friendly staff, perfect location with less outside noise than others in Taksim. The owner is a Kiwi traveler himself, so you can expect this to be a real backpackers joint. Highly recommended.

This is my favorite hostel anywhere. The accommodations are simple but functional, the location is perfect, and the staff are amongst the best people I've met in my travels.

Was only there for one night between travels, friendly staff as well as helpful. Good location not far from taksim sq, nightlife, restaurants and shopping. Easy to meet fellow travellers on the common area. Would stay here again if back in Istanbul

It was in a good location but difficult to find. The staff were friendly but not as knowledgable as I would have hoped. There was only one bathroom. I think there are some improvements that could be made but for the price, it's pretty good value.

Oh we wısh you would have asked. there is 3 bathrooms for the dorm rooms. not to worry. We have just employed a new guy but as the place runs like a famıly home maybe you asked another guest for ınfo wıthout knowıng

Great hostel, staff are awesome and very helpful. Location is great for accessing the nightlife and the major tourist spots are all very easy to get to from this central location. Get to know the people who work here and you'll have a lot of fun!

Everyone was really nice !

• 8th May 2015

This hostel is ideally located for access to bars, clubs, shopping, but also for the metro, which brings you into the heart of historical Istanbul. The staff are fantastic and helpful, the atmosphere is relaxed and the nights out organised by the hostel are great fun.

• 7th May 2015