Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Taksim Sopha is a great hostel, it's busy, friendly and ideal for lonely backpackers. The staff are young and helpful, keen for a night out and there is always someone around for a drink, or two. I'd definitely recommend and/or stay here again. Chances are you'll be greeted by a young Turk called Onur, super friendly and helpful. Nathan the owner is also always around for a chat and happy to help/recommend places to go. If you're looking for a good time it's a quality little hostel

• 28th Jul 2014

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful for finding your way around Istanbul. They will suggest places to go out if you would like, or may even accompany you at your request. It was a nice place to stay for just a few days. Close to the nightlife of Istanbul.

Its was a very pleasant experience all around. I love the way you invite people for meals and make them feel at home. I hope you continue this tradition and people appreciate it and not take it granted. Only little suggestion might be mosquito net on the windows, especially in the summer.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Mongolia

Fantastic location,veru hospitable owner. Really looking forward to be back here again.

One of the better hostels i stayed in. Always someone around in the lobby or to hang out with in the city. It's very clean and get even cleaned every day. Most visitors stay for at least a week which is positive for the atmosphere. Only thing that could be better is the sinks in the bathroom, they didn't work very well.. And the best thing about the hostel is definitely their duck. I made a friend for life. Take care of him guys! :)

Great atmosphere, very genuine

Nathan is a host of note he even come to Taksim sq to fetch me we I first got to Istanbul! They take hospetality to a next level-thank you again and see you guys God willing in 2 weeks.Greatings Phillip Albertyn (South Africa) Greatings Phillip!

I had a great stay here , felt like home . The owner was helpful in finding places and with getting medicine when I was sick ! The location is great area once you find the place! Beds are comfortable and the showers are clean with hot water !

I stayed there a only nigth, but the staff was very kind with me. And explained very well about a place that I need find my friend there. Is very low cost host! 3€/nigth is ideal to travel in short budget!

• 4th Jun 2014

I can't imagine a better place to stay at when in Istanbul, the staff was real nice and helpful with everything. My plan was to sleep in the hostel for 2 nights, but i ended up staying there for over a week. I have only good things to say about this place.

• 27th May 2014
  • Sweden

Really enjoyed my stay, it's in an awesome location and the staff are very friendly

• 26th May 2014

Hey thanks! hope you come back after Iran! Travel safe

The atmosphere at the hostel was amazing! The staff is very friendly and helpful, they even cooked food and made us breakfast some days. At Sofahostel people are free to do and be whatever they want. If you want to new meet people, the hostel is the best place, but also if you just want to spend time on your own. The location is great: near Taksimsquare and the shopping street, and next to a traditional Turkish hamam and cool little bars.

• 25th May 2014

Thanks Sikke! was a pleasure having you both come to stay! Come back soon =)

Excellent hostel. Couldn't ask for more helpful and friendly staff. Bedrooms and bathrooms were very tidy. Wished I could of stayed longer.

• 22nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

Chur, Was great to have you and Ruben to stay. Hope the rest of the trips going well. Come back any time and make sure to tell all the Kiwis in London theres a home away from home here in istanbul

Awsome place to stay, recommend this hostel for sure, great atsomsphere and freindly staff.. will be back!!

• 20th May 2014
  • New Zealand

A great hostel with very friendly & helpful staff. Highly recommend!

• 20th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff was super helpful in telling us what to see. Even offered to walk us there. Laid back, small group atmosphere in a great location. Lots of good restaurants and shops close by. I would definitely stay there again.

• 14th May 2014

I have stayed in this facility previously and it was really good in terms of cleanliness, staff, atmosphere etc. However the owners of this hostel is being changed and as a result this hostel became an awful place. From the entrance the disaster started. In the lobby, staff was drunk and still drinking, the place smells of mold. Be careful! they are taking the money before showing the room and they say that it is impossible to return it. They even didn't change the bed sheets. Result: DON'T!

• 10th May 2014
  • Turkey

Buddy the owners hadnt changed when you trıed to blag 5 nights for free. I admit the a couple of the bathrooms were in a bit of a state but cleaning and painting them was the first thing i dıd when i took over on the 15\6\14. I really dont know where you get off saying the rooms were dirty, Adoma the cleaner works her ass off everyday and did you stop to think people might still be staying in the beds. Were not a hotel, we changed the sheets between guests not between nights.

Nice hostel, nice location, nice rooms and bathroom. Living room big, spacious and with friendly atmosphere. The staff, especially Nathan and the owner, were very friendly. The owner/manager offer us many times food and tea. We felt very welcome in their place. Definitely recommended. :)

İt was a please to meet you and have you as our guest. Glad you had a good time and we could provide the sort of hospitality that is lacking in so many venues. Come back any time =)

Need to upgrade the facilities especially the Kitchen .

• 9th May 2014
  • Saint Vincent And The Grenadines

you told me you couldnt cook ;) haha. It was great to meet you and expanding the kitchen is high on the agenda. maybe next time Tahsin can give you some turkish cuisine lessons. He sure knows how to cook delishous food which everyone can attest to

Fantastic staff, great people, good vibes, amazing value. Highly recommended.