Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Super chill place with some pretty cool people. The place to be in Istanbul

a bit noisy

We were only able to stay at Taksim Sopha for 2 nights, which we regretted within an hour. Nathan and Onur were so accommodating and have created such a homely vibe, and were able to give us a lot of information about the area and sights etc. All guests got along really well and had such a good time. The location is perfect and rooms/facilities excellent. I would definitely recommend Taskim Sopha Hostel to anyone visiting Turkey. I will be returning for at least a few weeks next year!

As it states on the website this hostel is set in a noisy area with a busy nightlife so a good night's sleep is not guaranteed! One morning the coomon area and kitchen was locked which was an inconvenience. These negative points should not detract from the Kiwi owner who is a friendly and nice guy. Good location near Istikal street, restaurants and cafes. This small independent hostel is one of the budget options in Istanbul and I recommend for the backpacker looking to party.

This hostel is a perfect hostel to party! It's two minutes away from the nightlife at istiklal. There is a comfortable common room to socialize and the staff is cool and easygoing. Bear in mind though that in the night it can get a little bit loud so take earplugs with you.

Onur and Nathan are some super awesome guys! This is how a hostel should be run. I had one of the best weekends of my life here, and I wouldn't recommend any other place in Istanbul to stay. By far my favorite hostel I've been to :)

I had an absolutely amazing time there! The owner of the hostel is from New Zealand and he seriously keeps up the fantastic NZ hostel culture. I loved it and I'll definitely haven't been there for the last time ;)

• 30th Aug 2014

If you're a backpacker who loves meeting and hanging out with other backpackers in a great social atmosphere, this is the hostel for you. Thank so much to Nathan and Onur for a great stay. Me and Heni loved it, we only wish we could have stayed longer. See you next year!

This atmosphere is rare these days which is unfortunate because it is the type of place which everyone feels welcome, the owner is especially generous & accommodating. Everyone there; staff & guest alike can be found chatting, laughing & forming lasting friendships. The cleaning lady seems to be forever sweeping or mopping. The hostel is close to authentic hamams, antique shops & local grocers. Short metro or enjoyable walk to all the attractions. You won't want to leave - I stayed longer twice

• 25th Aug 2014

Nathan the owner is the best :)

it is located in a quiet street, the dormitory is quite small with many beds inside.

A great place, friendly staff, good location. Everyone staff and guest were great. Only issue was that being a great it was sometimes hard to leave.

Great staff, great location, super atmosphere!

The staff was definitely the best I have had so far. They really make you feel like you are at home. You can ask them whatever you need, whenever you need because there is always someone, even in the middle of the night. The location is just 2 minutes walking from Istiklal Cd and all the night life, just perfect for young travelers who like to stay up late. :)

Very chilled hostel which is perfect for an escape from the hustle and bustle of Istiklal Caddesi (padestrian street) which is only a few minutes walk away. Everything you need is just around the corner, shops, nightlife, public transport. Mosques, museums and sightseeing are all easily accessed from here too. Great place to meet fellow travellers. Very relaxed and easy going vibe. Would definitely stay again when in Istanbul next!

The Hostel is good & quite social, however the website needs to be updated as I don't feel it was a reflection of the hostel. I thought i had stayed at the wrong hostel after a night as the website advertises things that weren't on offer. Still a great place.

Great hostel! Good atmosphere, good location

What a wonderful hostel! I was only able to stay in Istanbul for 4 days but loved every second of my stay thanks to Taksim Sopha hostel! Nathan (owner) and Onur (manger) are always down to party or hangout, while Onur's uncle is always cooking delicious Turkish food and sharing it. Mira was volunteering there when I was there and she took me around the whole city and to the islands. I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone if your looking for a good time!! Thanks again guys!!

Had an absolute awesome time at Yaksim Sopha Hostel, Nathan (the owner) was a great and very accommodating host. I can't wait to go back for many more good laughs and great memories.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

This place has very good staff and atmosphere. If you are not only searching the place to sleep and want to have a good time with different international travelers then this is an excellent place to be. Not to mention that this hostel is in a very good location. We (me and my girlfriend) also liked that the owner (Nathan) didn´t make any trouble for that we left one day earlier, we got all back that we already paid. He was also really chill person!

• 31st Jul 2014