Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Awesome staff! They did their best to make it feel like home. I was shown how to cook like a Turk and the staff were always smiling and willing to chat. Ask onur about his music. Beds are super comfortable and this hostel is in my favourite area of istanbul! I would stay again. Thanks!

• 22nd Mar 2014

Staff is the best! I really liked the atmosphere in the launch area. Thank you for the tips and for the ÇAY onur.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Turkey

A big disapointment. 1. higene of the room was terrible, there was a general sensation of dirtiness, the sheets were not clean, the mattress had stains, a dirty ashtray in the drawer, there were two bubble gums pasted in the wall! Etc. 2. the picture presented online for the twin room has been modified and is unrealistic. 3. the staff is not very friendly or kind. I leave them my clothes for laundry, and they return them one day latter, they probably lyed about the existance of drying machine.

Nice little hostel in the middle of small streets near Taksim square. 30 mins leasure walk to Blue Mosque and Topkapi Sarai. Friendly owner and a wonderful cat greet you with a smile and purr. I just didn't like that in 10 bunk bed sheets smelled a little funny.

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Croatia

well I would expect a little more care on cleanliness, or a cheaper price. I mean they could have fresh curtains and washed walls and less smelly toilet (I had to keep the window of my room constantly open) . I would not go again to this hostel unless the room was in half price to match the quality, however the people who run it are adorable and the location perfect.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Greece

The hostel was good!!! Onur is the best

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Russia

Friendly staff, good location, near Taksim square. Minor point was that I booked a 4-bed room, but it was overbooked, so I had to go to a 7-bed dorm.

I have stayed in over 30 hostels around the world and the staff here is the worst by far. Not welcoming or helpful with directions or attractions. The older manager was too busy on his laptop watching movies to help us with directions while we stood patiently standing there.

• 8th Nov 2013