Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Amazing staff, atmosphere was so welcoming. Directions were step by step perfect. 100% recommend to anyone, quiet and clean.

• 10th Dec 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly and helpfull staff, right near Taksim Square. Lots of little cafes and restaurants nearby. The old city is some 20 minute walk away over the Galata Bridge... I stayed in the 10 dorm and met some nice people. The hostel is clean and owned by a nice kiwi dude. Recommended!

• 29th Nov 2014

I've stayed at more than 100 hostels on 4 continents and THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST HOSTEL. Most of its clientele at the time of my visit left behind lots of trash, flooded the bathroom, played loud music in social areas and even in the sleeping areas until about 3.00 am. The owner seemed not to care about all this and didn't even bother to check who entered the hostel, so anyone could just walk in and steal our stuff.

Well we'd like to apologize for allowing our guests to have a good time. We dont discriminate on looks or hair styles. I hate to think that after 100 hostels you come to an amazing one like ours and dont want to enjoy the atmosphere.

Very helpful and friendly staff! I highly recommend it!

Really great hostel. They're working on making it better right now which is awesome. Great place to meet people and the staff is wonderful. Needs an update on the bathrooms (which I think are being renovated) but really no complaints. No locals hanging around trying to sell you things. Staying here way better than Sultanamet area.

This is an really awesome Hostel! The staff is probably the best staff I met, and I have stayed at a lot of hostels over the world! They are genuinly nice and serviceminded! Nathan, the owner, always makes sure that everyone have a great time! I can really recomend this hostel if you want good vibes and atmosphere, awesome people and a really genuinly staff! You Will definately have a great time at taksim Sopha hostel!! =)

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Great spot. Could use a little cleaning and updating, but the atmosphere couldn't be beaten and the staff is great. Very bohemian. Lots of traveling musicians and good hippies. Really did have an excellent vibe. Of the 3 hostels I stayed in Istanbul this was my favorite. Next time I am in Istanbul I will be staying here. Internet was spotty and the kitchen was small.

Positive: The location and the atmosphere were really good.The WiFi was good and fast. Negative The door to the dorms was open every now and then, which made us feel less secure. The bedsheets and blanket were still wet when we arrived; so we had to sleep under wet bedlinen, which is very bad for your health.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Niger

Thanks for the feedback, İt was great having you guys here. sorry about the sheets? ill speak with the staff about that as its not on. As for security İ repeatedly asked your group not to prop the door open and they continued to do it. we have it locked for your saftey.

YOU NEED TO STAY HERE. I booked for three nights, but ended up staying three weeks while working on a Russian visa. Excellent hostel. Couldn't ask for more helpful and friendly staff. Bedrooms and bathrooms were always very tidy. I have been travelling for years, and this hostel really makes you feel like you're at home. There's a mix of awesome locals and guests, and staff, very chill vibe. There's always something to do and someone to befriend. Cheers Nathan, Ragda, Matt & Onur, y'all rock! :)

If you want to have a great tıme ın ıstanbul and meet amazıng people, stay here. amazıng atmoshere. stop readıng revıews and just make yoıur reservatıon already :)

I had a great time while i was there. unfortunately, i didn't get to spend much time with the staff but I hear that they are very accommodating to their guest. They show them around Istanbul and show them a good time.

I am happy i have chosen this hostel and thanks guys or the best weekends ever

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Kyrgyzstan

Very nice staff. Can't say the same about the room however - really small, very wet and not very clean. The location is good - Taxim is live even in the night with lots of places to eat etc. The hostel was a bit hard to find.

Great Hostel, Would definitely recommend it to anyone !

ALL OF YOU WILDEST DREAMS WILL COME TRUE at Taksim Sopha Hostel. This place is special. Staff/owners/guests MAKE a great hostel & it happens here. Mix of cool locals & cool guests. Best location, eating places w/in 20 meters, great chill vibe. Inexpensive. Wi-fi, small kitchen, a real backpackers' gem. Met out-of-this-world people here. Booked for 3 nights but stayed for 20 nights (worked on Indian visa). I've worked/managed in hostels...this place is easily in my world's top 3.

Fun hostel, great staff and very social. Always something going on and someone to hang out with. A++ on atmosphere but a little lacking on facilities and cleanliness but depends on what your looking for in a hostel. Definitely not trying to be something it's not.

Taksim Sopha Hostels is one of the best hostels I ever stayed it. Nathan, the owner, is the best in making people feel at home and steps out of his way to help you if you need it. I exteded my stay three times and still didnt want to leave when I finally had to. Onur, the manager, is super nice and local. Therefore you get a good idea of what there is to do and see in Istanbul apart from the main tourist attractions. The facilities feel comfy, bathrooms are clean and have good water pressure.

come back we miss you xoxox

The hostel private room was in need of considerable work. The staff was friendly and helpful. Convenient location. Ok for a night challenge for 3.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for your input on the room.... You're right... its not of hotel quality but its comfy and great for backpackers who are looking for a standard private room as it is advertised as.

The guy running this place is great. Really nice and friendly atmosphere in the common room and if you stick around there is a communal breakfast. Rooms leave a bit to be desired and there's a sort of all-over grungy feel to the place but the price is really cheap for Istanbul. We loved the neighbourhood as well, but off the beaten track and a delicious, cheap pizza by the slice is right around the corner! Nice rooftop terrace to chill out with some beers too!

The hostel is pretty basic in terms of its facilities. It could use another bathroom. However, staff is great and I had two breakfasts for free thanks to the friendly owner. The lounge is a great place to meet friends and get tips for your travels.

• 27th Sep 2014