Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed in Sopha twice, and both times I was amazed with the staff, the atmosphere and the great ambiance. Perfect location and perfect place to be. Definitely recommended.

No complaints. Staff was great, location was great, locals were great. All in all 5/5.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Finland

This is a hostel where you can feel home abroad. Great staff, great location and amazing social room. I definitely would like to come back to Istanbul, and when I do, I will stay at Sopha for sure. Thank to Nathan and Matt for their amazing hospitality. You guys are family.

The stay at Taksim Sopha Hostel was definitely the best decision! It's located in the middle of the student scene, very close to a variety of bars, clubs, restaurants and cafes. Though it was quiet-you couldn't here any noises or anything which would disturb you from sleeping well. The staff at the Hostel is really really nice! They recommended a lot of great places to see and also went out with us, to show us the night scene! Definetely great people you shouldn't miss to get to know!

• 10th Mar 2015

- The bed was dirty, they didnt put a bedsheet for the duvey. That was pretty disgusting. And I doubt that they changed the pillow cover because it smelled quite bad. - The room smelled so bad we had to open the windows and the reason is that there is a big carpet and people walk barefoot and the smell stays there. - You can't pay with credit card or euros. - Bathroom and showers were dirty and old. The stuff was friendly and nice but go for another hostel if you can.

Well i some of this is true. there cleaning staff were late and the other staff did most of the cleaning and obviously didnt hand over properly and the job wasnt finished. its not acceptable and i appologıse. İ think we usually run a tight ship and cleaning is the most important thing for us. i guess everyone had there bad days

Had a brilliant time at Taksim Sopha. Had originally booked only 3 days but I ended up staying for a full week! The staff especially were fantastic and really went out of their way to help you. Would highly recommend staying here.

Great family atmopshere, im travelling alone so it was a great place to meet lots of people and go and do things together. the lounge\ common area is a really big lounge with comfy sofas. great staff very willing to help and send you to the hidden gems. great place all round

Hi! My first plan was to spend few nights in Istanbul, but finally i stayed three weeks in this hostel! All the staff (Nathan, Matt, Raghda, Manar and Taxim) are very nice and welcomed me so friendly! Nathan, the owner, has made a second building close to the first and this is the best hostel than i have never saw. It is made with a big kitchen with all the instruments to cook, A big showers with hot water and the beds of the dormitories are so...comfortable(All are news). Thanks you for all!

• 1st Mar 2015

Home away from home!!! And in the heart of Istanbul too; a stone's throw from Taksim Square, right off Istiklal Ave and in a cute section of the neighborhood peppered with antique stores and delightful places to grab authentic food. There's such a cool vibe at this hostel, it truly is a meeting point for citizens of the world, and the staff could not be sweeter and more helpful and attentive. If you're looking for a genuine, fun and comfortable experience in Istanbul, here it is! I'll be back ;)

great hostel (:

I really dont have any bad words for this hostel. We stayed in the newer part of the hostel which is still being decorated, but nothing important was missing, we had everything. Showers were perfect, room small but cozy and staff is the greatest.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

I ve stayed for 6 days in sopha hostel. And that was really great! You can meet peaple from allover the world ! the staff was greatfull and always smiling! So every thing was just perfect :)

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Tunisia

This cosy little hostel is situated perfectly for any party enthusiast and is also really close to the Taksim Square metro. I was a solo traveler but it was very easy to meet people. The living room was always filled with people: the staff just hanging around, travelers meeting travelers and even a bunch of locals just chilling. The staff is awesome, Matt and Nathan are the coolest. The showers are awesome too: big, clean, very hot and a good spray. I just really loved my stay at this hostel.

Staff are very friendly and helpful! If you're wanting to stay on the 'new side' of Istanbul, this place is an excellent location, close to many restaurants and bars. Also good value for money. Although the kitchen area is not large enough for those wanting to prepare their own meals.

Great community vibe. Nathan, the owner is friendly and willing to help out in all ways- recommends a great doner! The place is cheap and it's a nice location- if you want to stay on the 'new side' and good value.The kitchen wasn't large enough to prepare our own food, but the places around were cheap and tasty. The rooms and toilets weren't too clean and the beds were a bit creaky.

• 15th Feb 2015

I had a good time, friendly staff and good location..=)..!!

Located just far enough from Istiklal that you can get a great nights sleep and close enough that you can walk there in 3 minutes the location is perfect. I was recommended this hostel by a friend and it was great. The staff were very friendly, it didnt feel like a hostel at all. I could bring my own beer and drink with the other guests. They gave me free breakfasts, took me to great bars and generally made sure I had a fantastic time. Totally recommend.

Very nice atmosphere, lovely people. Loved the paintings on the walls! It was kinda cold in the room, but we were there during a snowstorm so go figure.

My only complaint was that it was very cold , other than that had an excellent time

• 6th Jan 2015

Hostel is great! funky place in a good way. cleaned daily, comfy beds, nice social common room, good water pressure in the hot showers, The best part is the staff & particularly the owner Nathan, Super good guy, very helpful and fun! really makes Sopha your home while your there! One of the only hostels that allows you to bring your own alcohol. He just bought a new more upscale hostel next door can't wait to see the finished building. If you're not a pretentious douche this is the place for you

cheers bro/ all the best on the travels to africa! dont get banged up abroad

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7