Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Great staff, great location, super atmosphere!

The staff was definitely the best I have had so far. They really make you feel like you are at home. You can ask them whatever you need, whenever you need because there is always someone, even in the middle of the night. The location is just 2 minutes walking from Istiklal Cd and all the night life, just perfect for young travelers who like to stay up late. :)

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

Very chilled hostel which is perfect for an escape from the hustle and bustle of Istiklal Caddesi (padestrian street) which is only a few minutes walk away. Everything you need is just around the corner, shops, nightlife, public transport. Mosques, museums and sightseeing are all easily accessed from here too. Great place to meet fellow travellers. Very relaxed and easy going vibe. Would definitely stay again when in Istanbul next!

The Hostel is good & quite social, however the website needs to be updated as I don't feel it was a reflection of the hostel. I thought i had stayed at the wrong hostel after a night as the website advertises things that weren't on offer. Still a great place.

Great hostel! Good atmosphere, good location

What a wonderful hostel! I was only able to stay in Istanbul for 4 days but loved every second of my stay thanks to Taksim Sopha hostel! Nathan (owner) and Onur (manger) are always down to party or hangout, while Onur's uncle is always cooking delicious Turkish food and sharing it. Mira was volunteering there when I was there and she took me around the whole city and to the islands. I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone if your looking for a good time!! Thanks again guys!!

Had an absolute awesome time at Yaksim Sopha Hostel, Nathan (the owner) was a great and very accommodating host. I can't wait to go back for many more good laughs and great memories.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

This place has very good staff and atmosphere. If you are not only searching the place to sleep and want to have a good time with different international travelers then this is an excellent place to be. Not to mention that this hostel is in a very good location. We (me and my girlfriend) also liked that the owner (Nathan) didn´t make any trouble for that we left one day earlier, we got all back that we already paid. He was also really chill person!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Taksim Sopha is a great hostel, it's busy, friendly and ideal for lonely backpackers. The staff are young and helpful, keen for a night out and there is always someone around for a drink, or two. I'd definitely recommend and/or stay here again. Chances are you'll be greeted by a young Turk called Onur, super friendly and helpful. Nathan the owner is also always around for a chat and happy to help/recommend places to go. If you're looking for a good time it's a quality little hostel

• 28th Jul 2014

When you are in Istanbul this is where you have to stay. In the heart of Taksim staff are great. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Just as the website says, this is not a hostel that prides itself on being "nice"in terms of facilities. The location in the Taksim area is good and near to a bustling part of town. The staff members are super lax but incredibly helpful. The atmosphere is that of people looking to have a good time, which was cool even as a solo traveler. I never felt alone or isolated even though most others were in groups. The common areas could definitely be cleaner, but for the price, I would stay again.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful for finding your way around Istanbul. They will suggest places to go out if you would like, or may even accompany you at your request. It was a nice place to stay for just a few days. Close to the nightlife of Istanbul.

We had a fantastic time at this hostel, the staff in particular make the place a success! Thanks for everything guys x

• 25th Jul 2014

Its was a very pleasant experience all around. I love the way you invite people for meals and make them feel at home. I hope you continue this tradition and people appreciate it and not take it granted. Only little suggestion might be mosquito net on the windows, especially in the summer.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Mongolia

Fantastic location,veru hospitable owner. Really looking forward to be back here again.

One of the better hostels i stayed in. Always someone around in the lobby or to hang out with in the city. It's very clean and get even cleaned every day. Most visitors stay for at least a week which is positive for the atmosphere. Only thing that could be better is the sinks in the bathroom, they didn't work very well.. And the best thing about the hostel is definitely their duck. I made a friend for life. Take care of him guys! :)

Great atmosphere, very genuine

Nathan is a host of note he even come to Taksim sq to fetch me we I first got to Istanbul! They take hospetality to a next level-thank you again and see you guys God willing in 2 weeks.Greatings Phillip Albertyn (South Africa) Greatings Phillip!

I had a great stay here , felt like home . The owner was helpful in finding places and with getting medicine when I was sick ! The location is great area once you find the place! Beds are comfortable and the showers are clean with hot water !

I stayed there a only nigth, but the staff was very kind with me. And explained very well about a place that I need find my friend there. Is very low cost host! 3€/nigth is ideal to travel in short budget!

• 4th Jun 2014