Taksim Sopha Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mh. Aga Kulhani Sok. No:5 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Awesome staff! They did their best to make it feel like home. I was shown how to cook like a Turk and the staff were always smiling and willing to chat. Ask onur about his music. Beds are super comfortable and this hostel is in my favourite area of istanbul! I would stay again. Thanks!

• 22nd Mar 2014

Staff is the best! I really liked the atmosphere in the launch area. Thank you for the tips and for the ÇAY onur.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Turkey

A big disapointment. 1. higene of the room was terrible, there was a general sensation of dirtiness, the sheets were not clean, the mattress had stains, a dirty ashtray in the drawer, there were two bubble gums pasted in the wall! Etc. 2. the picture presented online for the twin room has been modified and is unrealistic. 3. the staff is not very friendly or kind. I leave them my clothes for laundry, and they return them one day latter, they probably lyed about the existance of drying machine.

Nice little hostel in the middle of small streets near Taksim square. 30 mins leasure walk to Blue Mosque and Topkapi Sarai. Friendly owner and a wonderful cat greet you with a smile and purr. I just didn't like that in 10 bunk bed sheets smelled a little funny.

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Croatia

well I would expect a little more care on cleanliness, or a cheaper price. I mean they could have fresh curtains and washed walls and less smelly toilet (I had to keep the window of my room constantly open) . I would not go again to this hostel unless the room was in half price to match the quality, however the people who run it are adorable and the location perfect.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Greece

The hostel was good!!! Onur is the best

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Russia

Friendly staff, good location, near Taksim square. Minor point was that I booked a 4-bed room, but it was overbooked, so I had to go to a 7-bed dorm.

I have stayed in over 30 hostels around the world and the staff here is the worst by far. Not welcoming or helpful with directions or attractions. The older manager was too busy on his laptop watching movies to help us with directions while we stood patiently standing there.

• 8th Nov 2013

The place is like another typical hostel, but the owner and his family was the best, really safe p

very uncomfortable bed and very poor in cleaning.

i love it! there is pub crawl every friday and GOKART! every wednesday! isn't it awesome? the manager; onur is really cool guy and he drives really fast ;) i will definetly come back this lovely place! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Austria

Crazy hostel! best atmosphere i ever seen, you have everything here, manager of the hostel; onur is very cool guy, he doing pub crawl and like he said whenever you want ^^ if im go back to istanbul i will definetly stay here again :)

• 20th Sep 2013

It depends what you want If you need a place to go for a party then it is excellent, since it is very close to Istikal.

What to say! Its the greatest Hostel in Istanbul in the best area to be! Stay here and you gonna make friends in seconds. The Lobby with all the Sofas is a great meeting point.

I had a great stay at Taksim Sofa Hostel! Met really cool people from the moment I entered the hostel, there's always somebody chilling in the common area downstairs, if not guests then at least Onur, a really fun and friendly guy running the reception. The location is great as well, just a couple of minutes walk up to Taksim square and a nice area with lots of shops for old furniture and vintage clothes, little cafes and nice places to eat. thanks a lot for the great stay!

• 13th Sep 2013

Amazing! A small hostel, but the vibe was great. A little far from the sight-seeing district across the river, but close to Taksim Square/Gezi Park–the walk to/across the river gives you a real feel for the city, despite distance from the hostel. Decent facilities (teeny kitchen), and the wifi was constant, which I know is important to most travelers. Common room is cool, with sofas and stuff, which I always love... Owner (manager?) is nice, and the receptionist knows what you need to know!

The receptionist guy was very rude to us. I arrived hostel around 2am in the night and all he was asking is if i paid the price (i paid it to him in the morning!) and even though i told him that i did we had a unnecessary argument because of that. He rebuffed us when we ask if there is any possibility to check in earlier. I won't stay there again.

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Cosy little hostel. A little bit odd that there are no locks on the doors, you kind of need to rely on reception to let you in after hours. When I arrived, my bed hadn't been cleared and the sheets I was given were still slightly damp. Having said all of that, there was a good vibe around the hostel, and I paid barely anything for my room. Catch the Havitas bus if coming from the airport, do not rely on the metro instructions, it takes far too long and costs almost as much as the direct bus.

Very relaxed and chill. Easy to get around and not too busy in this neighborhood at night

Taksim sofa was the best hostel i ever stayed, onur is amazing; he is our best friend ;)

• 15th Aug 2013