Tallinn Backpackers Reviews

Olevimägi 11, Tallinn, Estonia

Was actually transferred to Old Town Alur hostel because of an issue with a fire at Tallinn Backpackers however, both these hostels have the same owner and are said to be similar. I was quite happy with Alur. The security and atmosphere were not the greatest but I've certainly seen worse. The kitchen facilities were pretty good and the staff were helpful and knowledgeable about Tallinn.

Had a good stay. The bar was cheap and had good quality beers, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Met lots of cool people. Definitely, go there if you like to party. Gay travelers, there is a gay bar/club at the back of the hostel and if you like shisha there are a couple of places outside as well. The hostel had a good atmosphere and vibe.

One of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Dorms and facilities are great, but what really makes this place are the awesome staff, who are always up for a conversation or a night out with guests. Don't even consider anywhere else if you're headed to Tallinn; you're absolutely guaranteed a great time if you stay here.

We took this hostel because we were interested in the prison tour, but it never happened while we were there. The staff was very friendlyfriendly. Also, no luck, we had a old drunk guy sleeping naked in our dorm with a girl vomiting in her bed. The 8 bed dorm is bad (shower with very low debit and no plug in the bathroom).

The Hostel is an ideal place to stay. Even though my stay was very short leaving at 4AM I found the place quite pleasant and would recommend it to other visitors to Tallinn. The place is topnotch in terms of service and the Estonian gent who arranged a taxi for me to the airport was very polite and courteous even though he had to make several phone calls to secure a taxi. Please pass on my appreciation to him. Gura maith agat as is said in Gaelic. Slan agus beannacht.

Great location and staff, if you're coming alone it's easy to meet people in the communal area. Would recommend.

Lovely staff. Very helpful and told us about the best placesin town.

Liked it a lot. Staff was amazing! Would recommend it and come back again.

The location was perfectly situation in old town. However the hostel needs some improvements. The dorm on the top floor smelled of sewage the whole time and was extremely warm at night. One staff member was not very aware of what was going on in the hostel therefore not the most informative. The pubcrawl started at another hostel's bar which was fun however we did not visit many pubs afterwards.

I intended on staying 4 nights in Tallinn, I left 3 weeks later because of the great Hostel and staff. This was the most chill place I've stayed at, and the location can't be beat—located a short walk from everything in the old town. Nice kitchen—free spices, tea/coffee etc. Great beds/dorms and a common room always full of people on comfy couches. The pub crawl based out of their sister party hostel was awesome—one night around 90 people went along—then TB is a relaxed place to sleep/recover.

Perfect location, really welcoming staff and atmosphere (I was known by name by all of the staff by the end of my stay), endless recommendations for things to do in Tallinn and invitations to local karaoke nights and events etc, good security, bathrooms in each room, shoes off made it feel all the more homely. I was sorry to leave!

Nice and chilled hostel - really well located with nice staff

• 24th Mar 2015

The best hostel for party. People there are super nice and helpful. Highly recommend this awesome hostel.

I was only here for one night but absolutely no complaints. The staff were SUPER helpful and really fun and the location was fab; right in the centre of the old town it was easy to get everywhere. They also offered lots of activities and tours and I can recommend the pub crawl if you're that way inclined. Would definitely go back!

the staff was wonderfully helpful. cleanliness was top. i highly recommend this well located hostel

Awesome place :D!! Loved the staff, the place, the atmosphere. The common room is a really good chilling place, and the hostel offers pub crawls and etc. for every night, so it really good if you want to mix partying with a nice chilled atmosphere.

Great hostel....awesome staff!