Tallinn Backpackers Reviews

Olevimägi 11, Tallinn, Estonia

This hostel is amazing - great location, atmosphere, ideas for things to do during the day and events at night. To all the staff at TB you know how much I loved Tallinn and didn't want to leave! Thank you for the best start to my Europe 2.0 trip. Hope I can come back and visit again soon, or, come visit me in PEST! Much love Kdoll. Oh and a shout out to one particular leader of the pub crawl... just saying hi :)

Mate, it was an absolute pleasure to have you here! You're more than welcome to come back - you don't have to leave if you don't want to. :D

Great atmosphere at this old town central hostel, had some brilliant nights out with the people I met here and at the sister hostel a short walk away. Great staff, really friendly and helpful.

Very nice staff, excelent atmosphere. Good choice for your stay in Tallinn.

Great staff, excellent location, nice atmosphere and common room.

Helpful staff and a good location. Great environment to meet other travellers. Try getting the room on the top floor, it has a sauna and a jacuzzi.

Perfect hostel to socialize and to combine a relaxed stay with partying (if you want). They have a sister hostel where the pub crawls start so you don't have the noise at the place where you sleep. They even had a whirlpool an sauna! Staff was very friendly and we hang out and partied with them a lot. Go here is you stay in Tallinn!

we were asked to take off our shoes while some guests still walked in with their shoes on, which left our bathroom dirty especially when you are barefoot... and the lock of our room was broken. atomsphere quite lively though

Hey there! We're sorry that some guests don't follow the rules - we try to make sure they're followed as much as possible, but in the end, we're only human. Apologies also for the door - it has been fixed.

Staff friendly but inept. Kitchen was disgusting, due to staff, not guests. The hostel make dinner for a fee for guests, and cook it in the kitchen. I opted not to pay for the dinner and cook myself. I figured I could cook afterwards, but staff did not clean up after themselves and left the sink, counter, and table completely full of dirty dishes for hours following using them. In a separate event, I needed something from the staff, but had to remind them 5 times before I got it. Location good.

The staff was really helpful, especially Aussie Dylan who I spoke with a few times. This tended towards a party hostel and one night a few guys came in around 11pm and began singing loudly downstairs while 4 of us were trying to sleep in bed. As well, our room faced the street and we heard the street sweeper in the morning and the revelers at night but not much you can do about that. Other than that the place was quite decent!

Had a sick time here, the blokes who run the joint are great. Would definitely recommend for solo travelers for an easygoing atmosphere. I went on the pub crawl every night and had a good one each time. Definitely a laugh!

Thanks mate, we're really glad you enjoyed your time here at Tallinn Backpackers. We're all travellers ourselves, so it really means a lot to us when someone says they had a great time! Don't forget to come back and visit! :D - TB

Great hostel, wonderful atmosphere - felt right at home from the minute I walked in. Staff are extremely friendly and chilled and will go above and beyond. Location couldn't be better. Met lovely people and had a great few days - thanks guys!

If you want to see Tallinn's best sight... Go to TB!! It's located in between all the other sights of Tallinn's Old Town. The friendly staff is either showing you the usual tourist/hidden insider spots or takes you out for Pub Crawls from Wednesday to Saturday. Eitherway definately a must visit in Tallinn if you want to see touristic stuff, have a blast or meet other people. Hostel-organized tours (eg. Lahemaa NP) and tabletop soccer are just the cherries on the cake. A Party hostel at its best!

• 1st Jul 2014

One toilet is too too small!!!

theres only one bathroom for the whole floor and the shower is in the same room. but other than that a FABULOUS place. lots of fun, great atmosphere, helpful staff, great location. would definitely stay again

Hey, thanks for the review - you're more than welcome to come and stay with us again!! :D One important thing, though, our first floor actually has two bathrooms, it's just that one of them and en-suite for a dorm. There is also a bathroom next to reception. Anyway, we look forward to seeing you in Tallinn next time! :)

Great hostel, great atmosphere, super friendly/helpful staff. Small hostel but that's not a bad thing by any means. Would definitely stay again

Had a very nice time. Met lots of independent travelers and had a good common area for socializing. Quiet at night but you can go to their sister hostel nearby if you want to party. Very welcoming and helpful staff.

Thanks for the review - we're really glad you had fun here!

Amazing location and staff!

I stayed at TB for 4 nights in June. TB is a really cool hostel with a great social vibe. The staff are awesome in regards to letting you know what to do and their pub crawls are insane! Big shout out to the TB staff member Dylan who was always willing to help and show me the ins and outs of Tallinn by day and by night! Great hostel and I would definitely recommend! I'll be coming back for sure!

• 24th Jun 2014

Pros: Great hostel to meet people in, the staff were very friendly and helpful Cons: Not very clean, entrance smelled bad, not enough bathrooms for everyone

• 24th Jun 2014

Hey, we're sorry the cleanliness of our hostel wasn't up to scratch when you were here, but we're doing everything we can to improve, and we hope that next time you come, you'll really notice the difference! Kind regards and happy travels, - TB

Staff seemed a bit unorganized. The bathroom on the top floor had a funky smell to it the whole time and although it was "cleaned" it wasn't cleaned well. It's definitely good for meeting people but I was happy to leave.

« first « Prev 1 2 3