Tamara Lodge

Fabulous 76 Total Reviews
Fabulous 76 Total Reviews

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
25th May 2017

We loved our stay here! It felt like home. Definitely wished to stay longer!

• France, Female, 18-24
14th Apr 2017

Best place I stayed in New Zealand so far, especially as I met so many great people there ! Rory is a great host and Tamara Lodge itself is a good reason to stop in Whanganui!

• USA, Male, 31-40
23rd Feb 2017
5.4

I had extremely sensitive medication with me that could have caused death if stolen or taken. There were zero lockers, so the guy at the reception said that he would take it. He took my bag out of the lodge. The next day, I 'accidentally' called 30 minutes prior to the lodge opening to retrieve my medication and the same guy harassed me about calling him since I wasn't supposed to call before 8 am. I misunderstood when I should have called him. Then, at check out, he harassed me again.

I am so sorry that our service standards did not meet your expectations.

8th Feb 2017
7.1

the view of the river in the morning was amazing.

2nd Feb 2017
7.1

Good points- a real friendly and down to earth hostel, really easy to meet people and make the most of the evening without going out. Kitchen well equipped and good lounge area. Not so good- 20 minutes from the city and the bus stop so it is a little struggle. My room was was closest to reception which you must pass to get to the bathroom. Only 2 bathrooms so again not great. Overall I enjoyed my time and would come back! Better than the yha chains and you meet some great people

• England, Male, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017

Good location charming building and staff