Tampere Dream Hostel Reviews

Akerlundinkatu 2, Tampere, Finland

The Staff was so fantastic! Whatever I asked, they helped me and were so friendly while doing it! You can see that they like their job. The hostel is beautiful, everything is very clean, comfortable and new. I reccomend this hostel!

Excellent in almost every way.They also offer free tea and coffee.Only drawback is the limited hours for reception (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.) and for the kitchen ( closed midnight to 6 a.m.) , but it's not a really big deal.

I've been staying for a couple of nights in the 16 dorm bed. I'm not that satisfied after all. At my arrive it's been hard to find a bed with the draw in which to keep my bag not broken, or a bed not too dirty. Maybe the smaller room dorms are better, I don't know.

A nice and clean place to spent a night or more. The kitchen is quite cosy and well equipped. The town is not quite as interesting as Helsinki and one gets quickly around. We did appreciate the public saunas which are better and more original than those actually available in Helsinki (at least in my judgement).

It's the third times I come here! It's great!!! I suggest it because is a great hostel!!!!!

Very good hostel with great people. I would always choose it again :-)

The staff were genuinely incredible! Really helpful, very friendly with lots of knowledge of the area. :)

• 8th Aug 2014

The kitchen is well equipped, the stuff are really helpful, and there are always some FREE tea and coffee

A wonderful hostel, bright airy, clean and excellently run! The staff are wonderful, helpful, insightful, friendly people. I chatted to them for over 30 mins b4 checking in alone! Tampere is the friendliest place I have been to in Finland & the staff make you feel at home. They even upgraded me b4 I arrived to a smaller less occupied room! 1 constructive criticism, black out curtains in the Finnish Summer are essential my room didnt have them & the curtains were 2 small 2 block the light night!

• 8th Jul 2014

Kitchen is well equipped and space is enough for more than one group at the same time. Bed is comfortable with reading lamp, power socket, mini shelf etc.

Security aspect doesn't depend always on the staff but in those mates sharing a dormitory or the common room with you; and the Scandinavians (most of the guests) are usually hostile and scary; creating a cheerless atmosphere. I received more politeness from pedestrians in the streets than from staff in the hostel. Paying for common desktop computer's use? well, your lodging fee is already expensive, so you shouldn't make it worse. Unfortunately, it's the only hostel in Tampere. No options left.

Conveniently located, about 15 min walk from the train station. Clean and organized. We had a problem with our booking, as they didn't put us in female 4 bed room but a mixed one, after talking to them they said that they were fully booked and they wouldnt offer alternatives or any kind of compensation but finally offered us to sleep in the staff room, which gave us the possibility of being in a private room, but with all their stuff and without it being cleaned before.

Very good place, the staff is very nice and helpfull. great hostel. Ketu is very funny and nice girl.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Argentina

Modern and pretty hostel near the Tampere train station. Everything was excellent, except for one morning when the Wifi didn't work (We didn't know why and the staff wasn't there). But that was okay.

Good Hostel and Tampere was a cool city!!