Tanger Melting Pot Hostel Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

Very nice place to stay in Tanger. The staff is very kind and caring. We where four students from Canada and met a lot of new people in a really causy atmosphere. I definetly recommend it!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent and accommodating staff. Would definitely recommend to others.

Location-wise, this hostel was in a great spot. That being said, without our guide, we'd never have found it. If you're a light sleeper, this place is not for you. Our room (4 person private) had windows to the entry way but not glass, so it was very loud at all hours of the night. There were lockers in our room however they were very small. The staff member in the evening cooked a traditional "breakfast" for us for 5euros and it was fantastic. It had a lovely rooftop patio to watch sunset.

It was a great accommodation. I stayed 4 days with my friend and we had totally great time. You need to try shisha onhe terrace after the free breakfast while watching the Gibraltar.

great Facilities, there's a kitchen! Fun atmosphere. Wine & beer available. Security is mediocre: cannot shut doors, let alone luck them but small lockers available. They let kids from street (those selling stuff) follow us inside when checking in, made me nervous for my stuff. Staff are hard to find and not always helpful; one speaks little english. You're basically on your own. No wifi for communal computers. Water went out one day and there's very little pressure (couldnt wash my hair).

Reda and gonzalo are great!! They make of my stay a memorable experience! Ive been told that this hostel it's greAt and it definitely was and now I'm the one who recommend it!! Thank guys for everything!!!

We stayed here for one night, it was fine but we didn't enjoy Tangier much. Everything was clean enough, the bathroom was ok but pretty dark, the breakfast was below average, but the double room we stayed in was nice. We would recommend it for a one night stop over but nothing more (this is probably more of a reflection on Tangier than the hostel itself).

I recommend the following hostels for your route in Morroco: Tanger -> The Melting Pot Chefchaouen -> Riad Baraka Fez -> Funky Fez Casablanca -> Carré Francais

Really a 10/10 experience, I highly recommend The Melting Pot to everyone!

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for an amazing experience - everything about our stay was absolutely perfect. The rooms were large and clean, the bathroom was always clean and had hot water. We loved every aspect of it. We especially want to thank Gonzalo for making our stay great. He gave us great advice on where to go to eat and how to get places and also made sure to introduce us to other guests. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

Ihad a great time here and meet good buddies. the place is really cool and the staff is great. Thanks for all the tips and the good time I had here

This hostel is great! Follow the signs carefully, it's in a nondescript corner of the maze-like medina. Great roof deck and very social vibes. I stayed in a private room, which was nice. Gonzalo, the afternoon/night staff member, is a great guy, very helpful, and really fun to be around. All around top marks!

• 18th May 2015

Amazing place and people.

Great place to stay in Tangier in a good location (albeit a little tricky to find the first time around). It has good facilities and a fantastic rooftop patio that gives you a great view.

Staff were really helpful, definitely ask them where to eat! Rooms were spacious, but some of the sheets may need retiring due to being thread bare.

Best and most fun hostel I've stayed at. Made friends here that will last a lifetime.

I was only staying there for a night. However, just one night there I met few very nice people and we had dinner together. We gt the fresh bake bread for 2DH, it was so yummy and went to the traditional music tea house. I wish I remember to leave contact. Its a good place for solo traveler to meet other people and very good breakfast. It seem like the hostel that everyone staying at when they visit tangier

• 7th May 2015

Such a great atmosphere and wonderful location. Highly suggest this hostel. Amazing rooftop view. Had a great stay here! Cheers.

• 2nd May 2015

Lovely hostel, very friendly staff. Had a great night there and met some lovely people!

• 28th Apr 2015

The entire staff was super accommodating even at 1am after booking the wrong Melting Pot in Tangier instead of Tarifa. Had a great time!

• 26th Apr 2015