Tangier Melting Pot Hostel Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

Super friendly and helpful stuff! I recommend the hostel for everybody who wants to experience marokko culture and way of living since its located in the center of medina, which is the place where all the action takes place.

• 29th Jul 2015

Awesome hostel, such friendly staff who speak fantastic English. Lovely building, great facilities and a beautiful terrace. BEST COFFEE EVER and great breakfast. Super sociable vibe. Hot at night but that's to be expected in Morocco! Plenty of space in dorms and great security, both in terms of lockers and general access to the building. Super close to walk from Tanger Ville port. Everything you could want here as a backpacker.

It's a cozy hostel with a great atmosphere :)

The hostel had bathrooms that were filled with mold. I rated this hostel poorly because as soon as you walk in you smell mildue. Hostel world states that there is air conditioning, and there was only a ceiling fan in the 6 bed mixed dorm. I literally felt as if I were melting, in the melting pot. I am not a high maintenance person, but staying here for 3 nights encouraged me to have standards for cheap hostels! The employees were awesome, the physical space was not nice.

Dear guest, we are sorry if we were not good enought for you but the days you were here we had problems with the sewer system in the Medina (historic city). About the air conitioning, we do not have such information on the website. We do have fans on the ceiling and people tend to apreciate them. Thanks anyway for the rating.

I loved this hostel!! The owner/general manager man is so kind and extremely helpful! He let us know about how to avoid expensive pricing when out and about in Tangier and advised us on transportation methods, as well as gave us accurate time tables. He also made sure to keep the breakfast table refilled and ready to go for each new bunch of guests. I hope to return to this hostel again one day soon:)

• 10th Jul 2015

Great stay. Great place. Great people. Confusing to find though, but it worked our ok.

• 7th Jul 2015

Was an awesome place to stay - lots of friendly people, great rooms and an awesome terrace and kitchen area. Only downside was the scammers that met us at the taxi drop off spot - just be wary that even if the people offering to show you to the hostel have the hostel's card and seem very official, they're not really with the hostel. Find your own way there, the directions are pretty straightforward?

Very nice hostel, terrasse, people, atmosphere! Thanks!

• 4th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff and great kitchen, nice upstairs on the Terra e as well

We met amazing people and felt very safe and comfortable. We never wanted to leave the rooftop! What an amazing view!

• 26th Jun 2015

Very nice place to stay in Tanger. The staff is very kind and caring. We where four students from Canada and met a lot of new people in a really causy atmosphere. I definetly recommend it!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent and accommodating staff. Would definitely recommend to others.

Location-wise, this hostel was in a great spot. That being said, without our guide, we'd never have found it. If you're a light sleeper, this place is not for you. Our room (4 person private) had windows to the entry way but not glass, so it was very loud at all hours of the night. There were lockers in our room however they were very small. The staff member in the evening cooked a traditional "breakfast" for us for 5euros and it was fantastic. It had a lovely rooftop patio to watch sunset.

My stay at Melting Pot was all I could ask for. Gonzalo did a great job of getting me checked in and answering my questions about places to eat and booking a ferry. The accommodations were basic but clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nothing special, but I liked that it was all-you-can-eat. If ever back in Tangier, I would stay here again.

It was a great accommodation. I stayed 4 days with my friend and we had totally great time. You need to try shisha onhe terrace after the free breakfast while watching the Gibraltar.

great Facilities, there's a kitchen! Fun atmosphere. Wine & beer available. Security is mediocre: cannot shut doors, let alone luck them but small lockers available. They let kids from street (those selling stuff) follow us inside when checking in, made me nervous for my stuff. Staff are hard to find and not always helpful; one speaks little english. You're basically on your own. No wifi for communal computers. Water went out one day and there's very little pressure (couldnt wash my hair).

Reda and gonzalo are great!! They make of my stay a memorable experience! Ive been told that this hostel it's greAt and it definitely was and now I'm the one who recommend it!! Thank guys for everything!!!

We stayed here for one night, it was fine but we didn't enjoy Tangier much. Everything was clean enough, the bathroom was ok but pretty dark, the breakfast was below average, but the double room we stayed in was nice. We would recommend it for a one night stop over but nothing more (this is probably more of a reflection on Tangier than the hostel itself).

I recommend the following hostels for your route in Morroco: Tanger -> The Melting Pot Chefchaouen -> Riad Baraka Fez -> Funky Fez Casablanca -> Carré Francais

Really a 10/10 experience, I highly recommend The Melting Pot to everyone!

• 1st Jun 2015