Tangier Melting Pot Hostel Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

The toilets and shower areas could be cleaner. The staff is multi-lingual and very helpful. The roof-deck is great!

Amazing Hostel.

Great hostel, lovely staff that will chat and hang out with you and give you great tips. Nice breakfast included. Good location to markets and medina.

The staff were all friendly & accommodating, they allowed us to check in early and stayed later because my sister wasn't feeling well. The hostel itself was very eclectic & welcoming, with an awesome rooftop patio and a spacious kitchen. The private room was spacious.The toilet on the 2nd floor doesn't come with a sink so you'll have to walk across to the shower room to wash your hands. There was also no place to hold the shower head on the wall but these things almost add to the hostels charm.

The staff here is amazing! I really liked the uncle and nephew who work here. Can't say anything negative about the people who work here. However I would not stay here again. There's only a 3 communal toilets that I saw and one shower. The bathroom on the second floor smelled like urine and I felt like it was too dirty to shower in. The bedrooms are wide open and anyone can easily come in and out of any room. They do have a small safe for each people in the room which is convenient.

Hello, we are very sorry about what happened to you in the bathroom but we clean them several times a day and at night. It is possible that you entered after some impolite guest (those who don't care about others and don't seem to understand how hostels work) who left a mess. We have 6 facilities for taking showers and doing your basic needs, which makes 5 guests per facility when we are fully booked. Regards.

I really enjoyed my night at this hostel. The locatiomlocationlocation is excellent in my opinion because it's very near the port. It's a littlw hard to find but mostly because it's easily overlooked. The place was clean and lively. Beautiful. I love the showers but it is a shower head that you have to hold the whole time so prepare for that. The terrace is incredible and it has a great big kitchen. The staff is friendly

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful at giving recommendations and good advice. We were served delicious mint tea on multiple occasions and they extended our stay at the moment of request. The hostel came with the most delicious breakfast and dinner at a nearby restaurant. The atmosphere in the center of the hostel is perfect for meeting people and having late night conversations under the stars.

Ths staff was great! They give you a map with good tips. Location was good. There is no place easy to arrive in marroco specially if it is inside the medina, Ignore people that say it is hard to find. Well, yes, But get used to it, all medinas are like that. Good terrace

SO WONDERFUL! Went to tangier on a whim and because of the wonderful people it was so worth it. The hostel is beautiful and so cute! Breakfast was delicious and the absolute best part is the terrasse. It was super affordable and the front desk answered all our questions and more. I felt safe and welcomed, I want to go back!

• 23rd Aug 2015

It is difficult to find the hostel but the local people are willing to lead me the way and ask for money in return .The staff are friendly and helpful. price is reasonable, with breakfast included. I think the rooms and beds need to be clean more regularly.

Extremely easy to meet other travelers. The staff is helpful for getting around Tangier and to other nearby cities. They had small lockers for valuables. Complaints would be: slightly difficult to find, only because the streets of the old madina is a labyrinth, and there's only one bathroom on the floor so mornings were almost a fight to get ready between people showering, brushing teeth, and using the toilet. The terrace was beautiful and relaxing!

A real top notch hostel. Superb staff, awesome rooftop terrace and common area and perfect location. Recommended.

Awesome place to meet people and explore Tangier.

Good hostel, relatively close to the Medina's entrance. Only con, the light in the bathrooms is very weak.

Breakfast was disaster, they served moldy pancakes. Rooms smelled like sweaty feet. The staff was great, kind and very helpful.

Relatively close to the Medina entrance, good signing on the stret to help you get there. Friendly staff, small lockers (just for your valuables) good terrace with a view of Spain (and a lot of satellite discs). Medinas are safe but you can easily get the opposite feeling with all the people trying to help you (for a coin), just ignore then and enjoy your visit.

There wasn't soap in the toilets which really bothered me, especially since almost everyone I talked to mentioned avoiding the water and their traveler's diariah. :-p I assume not everyone was bringing in their own personal soap everytime they had to make a run for it...

friendly and helpful staff, good location, good facility with kitchen for cooking, rooftop terrace

Super friendly and helpful stuff! I recommend the hostel for everybody who wants to experience marokko culture and way of living since its located in the center of medina, which is the place where all the action takes place.

• 29th Jul 2015

This hostel was by far one of the better hostels I have stayed in, purely because of the atmosphere and how friendly and helpful the staff are. The hostel has an awesome rooftop terrace and chill out area just below. It is very close to the centre of the Medina, and has beers on sale up the top! I would definitely recommend to stay here, and I can not stress enough how helpful the staff are, far more helpful than any other hostel I have stayed at in 6 months travelling.

« first « Prev 1 2 3