Tangier Melting Pot Hostel Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

I really enjoyed my night at this hostel. The locatiomlocationlocation is excellent in my opinion because it's very near the port. It's a littlw hard to find but mostly because it's easily overlooked. The place was clean and lively. Beautiful. I love the showers but it is a shower head that you have to hold the whole time so prepare for that. The terrace is incredible and it has a great big kitchen. The staff is friendly

SO WONDERFUL! Went to tangier on a whim and because of the wonderful people it was so worth it. The hostel is beautiful and so cute! Breakfast was delicious and the absolute best part is the terrasse. It was super affordable and the front desk answered all our questions and more. I felt safe and welcomed, I want to go back!

• 23rd Aug 2015

It is difficult to find the hostel but the local people are willing to lead me the way and ask for money in return .The staff are friendly and helpful. price is reasonable, with breakfast included. I think the rooms and beds need to be clean more regularly.

Extremely easy to meet other travelers. The staff is helpful for getting around Tangier and to other nearby cities. They had small lockers for valuables. Complaints would be: slightly difficult to find, only because the streets of the old madina is a labyrinth, and there's only one bathroom on the floor so mornings were almost a fight to get ready between people showering, brushing teeth, and using the toilet. The terrace was beautiful and relaxing!

A real top notch hostel. Superb staff, awesome rooftop terrace and common area and perfect location. Recommended.

Awesome place to meet people and explore Tangier.

Good hostel, relatively close to the Medina's entrance. Only con, the light in the bathrooms is very weak.

Breakfast was disaster, they served moldy pancakes. Rooms smelled like sweaty feet. The staff was great, kind and very helpful.

Relatively close to the Medina entrance, good signing on the stret to help you get there. Friendly staff, small lockers (just for your valuables) good terrace with a view of Spain (and a lot of satellite discs). Medinas are safe but you can easily get the opposite feeling with all the people trying to help you (for a coin), just ignore then and enjoy your visit.

There wasn't soap in the toilets which really bothered me, especially since almost everyone I talked to mentioned avoiding the water and their traveler's diariah. :-p I assume not everyone was bringing in their own personal soap everytime they had to make a run for it...

Super friendly and helpful stuff! I recommend the hostel for everybody who wants to experience marokko culture and way of living since its located in the center of medina, which is the place where all the action takes place.

• 29th Jul 2015

This hostel was by far one of the better hostels I have stayed in, purely because of the atmosphere and how friendly and helpful the staff are. The hostel has an awesome rooftop terrace and chill out area just below. It is very close to the centre of the Medina, and has beers on sale up the top! I would definitely recommend to stay here, and I can not stress enough how helpful the staff are, far more helpful than any other hostel I have stayed at in 6 months travelling.

Awesome hostel, such friendly staff who speak fantastic English. Lovely building, great facilities and a beautiful terrace. BEST COFFEE EVER and great breakfast. Super sociable vibe. Hot at night but that's to be expected in Morocco! Plenty of space in dorms and great security, both in terms of lockers and general access to the building. Super close to walk from Tanger Ville port. Everything you could want here as a backpacker.

It's a cozy hostel with a great atmosphere :)

The hostel had bathrooms that were filled with mold. I rated this hostel poorly because as soon as you walk in you smell mildue. Hostel world states that there is air conditioning, and there was only a ceiling fan in the 6 bed mixed dorm. I literally felt as if I were melting, in the melting pot. I am not a high maintenance person, but staying here for 3 nights encouraged me to have standards for cheap hostels! The employees were awesome, the physical space was not nice.

Dear guest, we are sorry if we were not good enought for you but the days you were here we had problems with the sewer system in the Medina (historic city). About the air conitioning, we do not have such information on the website. We do have fans on the ceiling and people tend to apreciate them. Thanks anyway for the rating.

I loved this hostel!! The owner/general manager man is so kind and extremely helpful! He let us know about how to avoid expensive pricing when out and about in Tangier and advised us on transportation methods, as well as gave us accurate time tables. He also made sure to keep the breakfast table refilled and ready to go for each new bunch of guests. I hope to return to this hostel again one day soon:)

• 10th Jul 2015

Great stay. Great place. Great people. Confusing to find though, but it worked our ok.

• 7th Jul 2015

Was an awesome place to stay - lots of friendly people, great rooms and an awesome terrace and kitchen area. Only downside was the scammers that met us at the taxi drop off spot - just be wary that even if the people offering to show you to the hostel have the hostel's card and seem very official, they're not really with the hostel. Find your own way there, the directions are pretty straightforward?

Very nice hostel, terrasse, people, atmosphere! Thanks!

• 4th Jul 2015

Good hostel, nothing really to complain about. Cheap and comfortable, friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3