Tangier Melting Pot Hostel Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

Cool hostel!!

Great place to meet new travelers on your first day in Morocco!

This hostel was awesome! The view from the terrace is amazing and the staff are super helpful and friendly. Really good advice from them about how to get around and where to go while visiting. I checked out at noon but had a night train that wouldn't be leaving until 9pm. They let me store my bags and come and go as I pleased even after checking out!

Great hostel! It is located in the middle of the medina so you can visit all the nice stuff (grand socco, kasbah, café Hafa and Baba, etc). The atmosophere is chill, the staff helps you with all you need and the terasse is breathtaking. I would definitly come back again!!

• 13th Oct 2015
  • Spain

The toilets and shower areas could be cleaner. The staff is multi-lingual and very helpful. The roof-deck is great!

Amazing Hostel.

Great hostel, lovely staff that will chat and hang out with you and give you great tips. Nice breakfast included. Good location to markets and medina.

The staff were all friendly & accommodating, they allowed us to check in early and stayed later because my sister wasn't feeling well. The hostel itself was very eclectic & welcoming, with an awesome rooftop patio and a spacious kitchen. The private room was spacious.The toilet on the 2nd floor doesn't come with a sink so you'll have to walk across to the shower room to wash your hands. There was also no place to hold the shower head on the wall but these things almost add to the hostels charm.

The staff here is amazing! I really liked the uncle and nephew who work here. Can't say anything negative about the people who work here. However I would not stay here again. There's only a 3 communal toilets that I saw and one shower. The bathroom on the second floor smelled like urine and I felt like it was too dirty to shower in. The bedrooms are wide open and anyone can easily come in and out of any room. They do have a small safe for each people in the room which is convenient.

Hello, we are very sorry about what happened to you in the bathroom but we clean them several times a day and at night. It is possible that you entered after some impolite guest (those who don't care about others and don't seem to understand how hostels work) who left a mess. We have 6 facilities for taking showers and doing your basic needs, which makes 5 guests per facility when we are fully booked. Regards.

I really enjoyed my night at this hostel. The locatiomlocationlocation is excellent in my opinion because it's very near the port. It's a littlw hard to find but mostly because it's easily overlooked. The place was clean and lively. Beautiful. I love the showers but it is a shower head that you have to hold the whole time so prepare for that. The terrace is incredible and it has a great big kitchen. The staff is friendly

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful at giving recommendations and good advice. We were served delicious mint tea on multiple occasions and they extended our stay at the moment of request. The hostel came with the most delicious breakfast and dinner at a nearby restaurant. The atmosphere in the center of the hostel is perfect for meeting people and having late night conversations under the stars.

Ths staff was great! They give you a map with good tips. Location was good. There is no place easy to arrive in marroco specially if it is inside the medina, Ignore people that say it is hard to find. Well, yes, But get used to it, all medinas are like that. Good terrace

SO WONDERFUL! Went to tangier on a whim and because of the wonderful people it was so worth it. The hostel is beautiful and so cute! Breakfast was delicious and the absolute best part is the terrasse. It was super affordable and the front desk answered all our questions and more. I felt safe and welcomed, I want to go back!

• 23rd Aug 2015

It is difficult to find the hostel but the local people are willing to lead me the way and ask for money in return .The staff are friendly and helpful. price is reasonable, with breakfast included. I think the rooms and beds need to be clean more regularly.

Extremely easy to meet other travelers. The staff is helpful for getting around Tangier and to other nearby cities. They had small lockers for valuables. Complaints would be: slightly difficult to find, only because the streets of the old madina is a labyrinth, and there's only one bathroom on the floor so mornings were almost a fight to get ready between people showering, brushing teeth, and using the toilet. The terrace was beautiful and relaxing!

A real top notch hostel. Superb staff, awesome rooftop terrace and common area and perfect location. Recommended.

Awesome place to meet people and explore Tangier.

Good hostel, relatively close to the Medina's entrance. Only con, the light in the bathrooms is very weak.

Breakfast was disaster, they served moldy pancakes. Rooms smelled like sweaty feet. The staff was great, kind and very helpful.

1 2 Next » last »