Tangier Melting Pot Hostel Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

Very friendly staff and great kitchen, nice upstairs on the Terra e as well

We met amazing people and felt very safe and comfortable. We never wanted to leave the rooftop! What an amazing view!

• 26th Jun 2015

Very nice place to stay in Tanger. The staff is very kind and caring. We where four students from Canada and met a lot of new people in a really causy atmosphere. I definetly recommend it!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent and accommodating staff. Would definitely recommend to others.

Location-wise, this hostel was in a great spot. That being said, without our guide, we'd never have found it. If you're a light sleeper, this place is not for you. Our room (4 person private) had windows to the entry way but not glass, so it was very loud at all hours of the night. There were lockers in our room however they were very small. The staff member in the evening cooked a traditional "breakfast" for us for 5euros and it was fantastic. It had a lovely rooftop patio to watch sunset.

My stay at Melting Pot was all I could ask for. Gonzalo did a great job of getting me checked in and answering my questions about places to eat and booking a ferry. The accommodations were basic but clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nothing special, but I liked that it was all-you-can-eat. If ever back in Tangier, I would stay here again.

It was a great accommodation. I stayed 4 days with my friend and we had totally great time. You need to try shisha onhe terrace after the free breakfast while watching the Gibraltar.

great Facilities, there's a kitchen! Fun atmosphere. Wine & beer available. Security is mediocre: cannot shut doors, let alone luck them but small lockers available. They let kids from street (those selling stuff) follow us inside when checking in, made me nervous for my stuff. Staff are hard to find and not always helpful; one speaks little english. You're basically on your own. No wifi for communal computers. Water went out one day and there's very little pressure (couldnt wash my hair).

Does a job, we stayed a night for a ferry in the morning. Hostel was close enough to centre of town and really close to the ferry. Good option for transit guest.

Reda and gonzalo are great!! They make of my stay a memorable experience! Ive been told that this hostel it's greAt and it definitely was and now I'm the one who recommend it!! Thank guys for everything!!!

We stayed here for one night, it was fine but we didn't enjoy Tangier much. Everything was clean enough, the bathroom was ok but pretty dark, the breakfast was below average, but the double room we stayed in was nice. We would recommend it for a one night stop over but nothing more (this is probably more of a reflection on Tangier than the hostel itself).

I recommend the following hostels for your route in Morroco: Tanger -> The Melting Pot Chefchaouen -> Riad Baraka Fez -> Funky Fez Casablanca -> Carré Francais

Really a 10/10 experience, I highly recommend The Melting Pot to everyone!

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for an amazing experience - everything about our stay was absolutely perfect. The rooms were large and clean, the bathroom was always clean and had hot water. We loved every aspect of it. We especially want to thank Gonzalo for making our stay great. He gave us great advice on where to go to eat and how to get places and also made sure to introduce us to other guests. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

1 2 3 Next » last »