8.7
Fabulous 935 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 935 Total Reviews
Tangier Melting Pot Hostel Located at Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), , Tangier.
Morocco
Tangier Morocco Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina)
87% 935
35.7877220 -5.8102726
    Rooms available

• Italy, Female, 31-40
23rd Sep 2016

Location is good even though directions to the hostel could be better and more specific (maybe adding a map?). Walls and doors are thin so it might be noisy. Roof terrace is very nice, I loved the view. I was disappointed by the breakfast. I was told it would be available till 10.30/11. I went for breakfast around 10 and there was basically no more food for me: just one slice of what seemed old bread and 2 cheese to share with 3 people.

19th Sep 2016

The Melting Pot is an excellent place to stay in Tangier! I had a wonderful time. It is conveniently located in the Medina, very clean, and has a wonderful terrace view. The staff is amazing! They arranged a taxi tour for me of the major sites around Tangier, including the Caves of Hercules, Cap Spartel, and Cafe Haffa. The next time I am in Tangier, I'm going to stay at the Melting Pot.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
18th Sep 2016

Great staff, 24/7 ar your service. Good facilities. Location in the middle of the medina

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
18th Sep 2016

Coool hostel! Gorgeous terrace and easy to find. Recommend !!

• benjaminfink937942
  • Switzerland, Male, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
10th Sep 2016

The hostel is located in a traditional house in the heart of the medina (old town). Study the directions carefully and watch out for the signs in the narrow alleyways. It's quite noisy and the rooms only have windows to the staircase (but that's just the way they build their houses). There's only one bathroom per floor, which does get busy at times. Typical & good Morrocan breakfast. Very nice rooftop terrace with great views over the medina.

9th Sep 2016

Charming place with excellent views from the rooftop terrace. Staff couldn't have been nicer and gave great recommendations. For Morocco facilities were great bath room always clean and always had nice hot showers. Room would get a bit warm during the night but other than that great place to stay.

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Sep 2016
8.0

Just an overnight stay for us on our way to Asilah. Reception were friendly even though we were late. They provide maps. The hostel is a little hard to find but plenty of people will help you find it (for a couple of Dh!) Beds were reasonably comfy, but rooms a little dark.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
26th Aug 2016

Nice rooftop, great location, good community atmosphere. Bathrooms were decent enough. Breakfast was alright. No real complaints.

24th Aug 2016
8.0

Well, I didn't actually stay at the hotel because the staff screwed up my reservation. So, negative review on booking but staff was very helpful in finding another hostel in the area that could accommodate me. They even called a personal friend and asked if I could stay with them. Very easy to find hostel. Very clean. Nice staff.

22nd Aug 2016
7.7

Not to bad for a Moroccan hostel. The lockers are tiny which is eh, but free breakfast is always a plus. The outside terrace is great. I love the curtains on the bunks. One thing I really disliked was the staff though. some of them were partying in the hostel dorm while people were trying to sleep. One of the staff told me I only needed to get to the ferry 30 mins early... No. You need to get there 2 hours early because of passport control. I rely on the staff to give me the right information!