Tangier Melting Pot Hostel

8.7
Fabulous 1271 Total Reviews

12th Sep 2017
7.4

Located in a good area off the media the man working the front desk was incredibly friendly and informative. When I got to my bunk I was greeted by a presumed bedbug and hair on my sheets. He acted promptly, moving me to a new room with apologies. Other guests had not had problems so hopefully it was just a fluke. The toilets are separate from the showers, allowing more people to use different facilities at one time. Full kitchen and nice terrace area on the roof.

• England, Female, 41+
7th Sep 2017
6.0

Well i didt get to stay..I called the week before to check which date I should book for as I was arriving in to tangier at 2am..on the 7th as after midnight..but obviously this is also middle of night ftom the 6th...I was told by whoever answered the telephone to book for the 7th so I did..only to be told when i arrived that i should of booked for the 6th..and that I trusted her person her answered Telephone and now am in problem..as she works there aint I meant to.trust her with information????

• USA, Male, 41+
5th Sep 2017

Excellent. Very good location. Would highly recommend this place. I'm an older traveler, but I had no problems in having a good time with those younger than me.

• England, Female, 18-24
3rd Sep 2017
6.6

Hostel is quite easy to find, well located and staff very friendly. A good breakfast with some variety other than just bread! However.... after only staying one night at this hostel, there was an obvious bed bug infestation as my entire body was covered in rows of bites - which has really been a hassle for the rest of trip! Wouldn't stay again if in tangier - pay more for a cleaner and nicer hostel.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2017

Melting Pot was a great stay. A really fun hostel with a relaxed vibe and some really fun staff. Met a heap of fun people from diverse backgrounds here, the kind of hostel you can easily just hang out at all day. Located very central in the Medina. Thanks especially to Medi who made the stay all the more enjoyable with his relaxed attitude and great tunes.

• England, Male, 18-24
27th Aug 2017

Great view from roof terrace, I came towards the middle of breakfast though and there was very little left.

• England, Female, 31-40
23rd Aug 2017

Lucked out with my choice of hostel. Spent 4 nights here and met great people and the staff are cool and helpful. Loved having breakfast with whoever was staying there in the morning and chilling in the lounge with whoever was there in the evening! Wish there was hot water in the kitchen but that's the only thing! Would definitely go back there if I were to stay in Tangier again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2017
6.9

Not a bad hostel as far as Morocco goes. Good air con. Good location, easy enough to walk wherever you need including the taxi stand to Chefchaouen. Decent enough brekkie. Couldn't lock the dorm room doors so essentially anyone could just walk in once they got through the front door. Met a cool chick in my dorm to hang with but most people on the terrace weren't that sociable. Bed bug issue whilst I was there, but the kind staff handled it as best they could.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
17th Aug 2017
7.1

Bunk was made from toothpicks and felt movements of other guest on the bunk both nights. WiFi fast, good breakfast. Won't return here again though

• Australia, Male, 18-24
14th Aug 2017

If you're staying in Tangier this is the place you need to stay. I extended my stay here and didn't want to leave because it's so welcoming that it "feels like home." Awesome vibes and atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, great facilities and perfect location. 10/10 would stay again.

×