Tani9 Backpackers Osaka

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
30th Aug 2017
5.7

So staff were lovely and always there until the morning I checked out and needed help with opening the security locker (which was jammed) and directions to my next destination. I waiting for 30 mins then just left. Location is okkk but for anyone withwho a JR pass, you would be better offoff staying next to the JR loop. No curtains on one side ofof the room so I was woken up at 5.30am from the light. Only 1 small common area and 2 dorm rooms so no atmosphere. Regret my stay.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate every feedback and we are very sorry your experience wasn't as great as we wanted! Reception opens after 8:30am and a night staff staying in the basement floor could help you before the time. We should have explained to you enough about that when you check in. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to continually work with our guests to improve the service and facilities we provide. Thank you for choosing Tani9 Backpackers Osaka and we hope we will see you again in the future.

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
27th Aug 2017

I had a great time at Tani9! The staff were always friendly and ready to help- they always greeted me when I came down in the morning and returned in the evening, also provided alot of recommendations on how to explore the city. The hostel atmosphere was cosy and warm. The location was good- very near metro station and walkable distance to kuramon market and Dotonburi (about 20-30mins). There is also bike rental available if you want to explore further eg: Osaka Castle. Highly recommend!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Aug 2017

Had so much fun staying here! The staff are amazing and little Akubi is a great mascot 😍 would definitely stay here again! So cheap and they even provide breakfast for free, super close to the station and plenty of restaurants nearby! The staff are happy to help out with recommendations and always up for a chat. Definitely recommend!

Thank you for your amazing comment and perfect rate for us. We are very glad to hear that you liked here! Thank you for your sharing your time with us. We keep it in mind and doing try our best. We all welcome you anytime!

11th Aug 2017
6.9

The Good: Staff was very nice and helpful. The cat is adorable, and I am not a cat person. Easy to meet people in the common area on the ground floor. Great place for younger people on a budget. The bad: The 4th floor dorms were very bright early in the morning and the curtain (singular) does not help keeping light. Top bunk is a bit difficult to get in and out of, and the security locker was too small for my camera even. Very little space for bags in the rooms.

Thank you for your review and feedback after your recent stay with us. We take on board all guest feedback and suggestions and we greatly appreciate the opportunity to continually work with our guests to improve the service and facilities we provide. Thank you for choosing Tani9 Backpackers Osaka and we hope we will see you again in the future.

26th Jul 2017

The staff were very friendly and the whole place had a very nice atmosphere. The hostel cat absolutely stole my heart. My only issue was that the bed curtains hardly covered the bed so I felt a little exposed while sleeping.. otherwise it was a very nice place within walking distance of some fun shopping streets and a station.

Thank you for your great comment and rate for us. Thank you for having taken the time to share your stay experience with us! Hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to serve you better.

10th Jul 2017

Aside from the litter box being next to the shower and having only one sink, I enjoyed my stay at tani9. Very homey and welcoming, much different from my other hostel stays. Not the greatest of amenities, but the staff and people made up for it. This hostel is much smaller, giving you a chance to meet everybody. The location is great, on a busy street not too far from Dotonbori. Good stay.

Thank you for your valuable comment and rate for us. Thank you for your sharing your time with us. We keep it in mind and doing try our best. We hope to see you next time again!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

My best hostel experience in Japan, absolutely lovey environment with friendly people as well as staff, it feels like living with a little family. The location is amazing, comfy beds and kitchen area was nice too. Definitely reccomend if you're traveling solo and want to meet new people and want a cosy/homely feel to a hostel :) loved it!

Thank you for your amazing comment and perfect rate for us. We are very glad to hear that you felt like living with a little family! Thank you for your sharing your time with us. We keep it in mind and doing try our best. We all welcome you anytime!

• Spain, Female, 25-30
4th Jul 2017

Amazing place! So cozy it feels like getting home after a long day sightseeing. Clean and great people working there plus the lovely cat. Nice free little breakfast and soap&shampoo in the showers. I will choose Tani9 next time I'm in Osaka for sure!! Thank you all :)

7th Jun 2017

Tani9 is awesome, they have a hostel cat named akubi. hes the cutest. The staff is awesome, they provide maps and give you information on local events, theres a nearby 24hr grocery store, and nearby 24hr laundry. I love Tani9 its very cozy and intimate. A good base to rest, and explore Osaka, Kyoto, and nearby areas. They also let you store luggage the following day after you check out. Thank you Tani9 for a good stay :D

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
5th May 2017

I can say without a doubt this was in my top 3 hostels during my 5 weeks in Japan. The staff (Emi, Minori, Ina and more) are awesome and they have the most adorable cat named Akubi (that thinks it's a dog). We met some great people here as well that we hope to visit in Korea some day soon. The only item which may concern some was the lack of larger lockers for luggage/packs (smaller ones are provided), though this was never a concern in Japan. Will 100% come back when I return to Osaka.

Thank you for your amazing comment and rate for us. We are very glad to hear that you liked here and met some great people during your stay! Thank you for your sharing your time with us. We keep it in mind and doing try our best. We all (needless to say Akubi) miss you guys! See you again, definitely!

×