Tani9 Backpackers Osaka Reviews

1-2-17 Kouzu Chuo ku, Osaka city, Osaka, Japan

a cozy place with friendly and helpful staff. could be the first place i would want to stay if i may go in osaka again!

Cool people, wonderfully helpful and easygoing staff, very convenient location, cozy beds, nice showers, ideal. Thanks Tani9, will definitely be back.

Friendly staff but very tight quarters. This hostel has a bohemian vibe with some unique decor from Africa. Since the hostel is small, there is only space for one sink in the hostel, which means that there were at times lines for brushing teeth. Hopefully the staff can make some upgrades to the facilities in the future. Overall, a convenient place to stay while in Osaka.

Tani9 was great! I immediately felt welcomed as part of the family. The staff are friendly, helpful and created a great atmosphere for guests to get to know each other. It's a nice wood building and relaxed place inside, showers were very clean and there is a good sized kitchen. Next time I'm in osaka this will be my first choice of place to stay. Thank you tani9!!

This hostel is great if you're a solo traveller. It is small and the rooms consists mostly of dorms so you are bound to meet other solo travellers. The hostel is walking distance from the Namba area and it is perfect for going out. You don't have to worry about missing the last train. The staff is very friendly and always has good suggestions for sightseeing, food and drinks. When I'm in Osaka I will stay here again.

• 26th Sep 2014

Hippy vibe, awesome staff, narrow place, lots of stairs, exit light was to bright in the room, luckily privacy curtain help block it when sleeping, wifi worked in rooms, ac unit to small for room size. Cleaning lady starts at 11am. A little to early to vacuum. area was quiet at night but a good walk away from everything (15min) definitely recommend as a chill relaxed vibe. Lockers for small items in basement. People staying there were awesome and not crazy young or old.

I had a very pleasant 5 day stay at Tani9 backpackers. Location was convenient, staff were very friendly and helpful. The main drawback is having to go through the mixed dorm to reach the women's dorm, but this is more of an issue for the mixed dorm. On the whole highly recommendable.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your valuable comment and great marks!We are glad to hear that you stayed here pleasantly.Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

I really liked this hostel. Good location in Osaka. If you wanted to lock up your bags or valuables you had to put it in the basement. A little inconvenient, but not a big deal. Overall a great hostel! I would go back.

Thank you for your valuable comment and good marks!Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

I would totally recommend this hostel to everybody that stays in Osaka. The location is just perfect. Everything is close and the hostel is hardly 2 minutes walk from the subway station. This hostel is generally clean, showers are fine and the owner is super nice (so is all the staff).

Thank you for your great comment and amazing marks make us so happy!We are glad to hear that you stayed here comfortably.Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

I felt very much at home here :) if I ever stay in Osaka again, I'll definitely check this place again.

Thank you for your wonderful comment and great marks!We are glad to hear that you felt here at home.Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

I loved Tani9 Backpacker, Ina the owner is an amazing person, first off I accidentally booked the wrong day as I was flying internationally and forgot the time differences, luckily she had room, didn't charge me and said they were concerned that I might have been lost :) The dorm rooms are spread out over two levels, one mixed and the other female only. The facilities were great, hot showers which you can select the exact temperature. Running out of words for the review wish I could write more

The hostel was good - quite narrow and as a result the common area wasn't very large, but there was enough room to sit and enjoy the free tea and coffee. I was allowed to stow my luggage before I could check in, the bed was very comfortable. As people have to pass through the mixed dorm to get to the one on the top floor there are no locks on the doors, but this wasn't really a problem. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your great comment and wonderful marks!We are glad to hear that you stayed here comfortably.Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff is super nice and helpful and the hostel has a somewhat relaxed and alternative atmosphere! Good location! 2 stations close by, several konbini and restaurants. In 15 - 20 minutes by foot you can reach Nanba and Amemura! Free coffee, tea and water Clean! Bed was clean, fridge was clean (!), toilets and showers were clean as well Staff speaks very good English and some speak German - no keys for the rooms ( but they offer lockers)

• 29th Aug 2014

Tani9 Backpackers Osaka is quite nice place to stay in. I liked design of the hostel, although the building is really narrow and you don't have much space in the bedroom. Localization is fine, it's clean and staff is nice and talkative.

Thank you for your great comment and nice marks !Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

Quite old facilities making the place a bit shabby. The girls dorm is 4 stairs up, the toilet on the second floor and you need to pass through the big dorm between them. Quite annoying. The staff is friendly and helpful and it's very clean. Location is fine

Thank you for your valuable comment and great marks.We keep it in mind and try our best.Thank you for your staying with us!We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you.

Really friendly atmosphere and very close to the best parts of Osaka

Thank you for your great comment and amazing marks make us so happy!Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

It was my first time staying at a hostel and I had a great experience. Living room area is kind of small, but it's Japan so space is a luxury especially in the city. I met some cool people from all over the place. Would definitely stay here again if I visit Osaka.

• 12th Aug 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comment and wonderful marks.We are glad to hear that you met cool people here.Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

Very comfortable with a great atmosphere and friendly staff. Definitely recommended

Thank you for your great comment and wonderful marks.We are glad to hear that you stayed here comfortably.Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

The atmosphere and vibe of the hostel felt like you were staying in someone's bohemian home. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with advice, which added to the laid back feel. The bathroom was small, and shared with many people, but it was never crowded. It was a quick walk to the main sights of Osaka, maybe 15 minutes to Dotonbori. Just down the street from the subway, which was only a few minutes to the major stops.

Thank you for your great comment and wonderful marks.Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!

Thank you staff! I had a nice stay. Sushi was amazing!!! Best sushi I had in Japan😊 take care and see you next time! X

Thank you for your wonderful comment and amazing marks make us feel happy!We are glad you enjoyed Sushi party.Thank you for your staying with us and joining it!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!Thank you!