Tani9 Backpackers Osaka Reviews

1-2-17 Kouzu Chuo ku, Osaka city, Osaka, Japan

Pros: very helpful staff; the location is also very handy. Cons: nowhere on the front of the property announced itself as 'Tani9'! While their directions were accurate, I walked up and down the street looking for the place

Ina is the best !

Great place to stay. Staff are good English speaking, super fun and friendly and very helpful with directions and advicd. A great young backpackers hostel. Close to train station. I would strongly reccommend staying here. Thanks so much for your hospitality Ina! :) - Kieren Stewart-Roddis. Perth, Australia.

I really enjoyed my time at Tani9, very good location and super friendly staff, definitely will visit again.

The train station nearest it is no along the JR line, so I had to pay for the ticket, since it's not covered by the JR Rail Pass. The rooms were very small, hard if you're bringing a big luggage, but clean enough and with curtains on the bed to give a little privacy. The shower and toilet are also clean enough but small as well.

Just great people!

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Homely, nice social kitchen/entrance area. I walked everywhere from here, good base staying near namba to get to Nara, Koyasan etc too. I was staying in the top dorm room, which was a little compact but had good sturdy bunks and room for a bag. Just a note, I had to walk through a dorm to get to the room, no one seemed to have any issues with this, but some people might find it awkward? For me it made for a more sociable atmosphere and you get use to having little privacy in hostels anyway :)

I have stayed at several hostels in the area, including Tani 9 on a number of occasions. I have been more than pleased with everything on every visit. Tani 9 has become my go-to hostel in the area.

I really loved staying at this hostel. The staff is really friendly, and the place super clean. It's within walking distance of two major attractions, Shitennoji and the Osaka castle. The metro station's also really close, and there is a supermarket nearby with nice, cheap food. Internet works fine in the rooms as well. The place is a bit cramped, but since I returned only in the evening it didn't really bother me. If I'll ever be able to return to Osaka, I'll surely stay at this hostel again.

• 13th Mar 2014

Stayed at this hostel for 8 days, and had a great time! Many thanks to the owner and the awesome staff at the hostel. The staff really make the place a really friendly place. Thank you guys.I have been recommending this hostel to other travelers that I meet on my journey. Mainly foreigners staying at the hostel, but some Japanese people stay there, they get involved and everybody has fun - which is really good for getting to know the real Japan just a little bit better.

This is easily the best hostel I've stayed in during my time in Japan. Ina, the owner, invited me to have dinner with the staff and their friends when I arrived, all of whom were really welcoming. The food and company wer great! I felt like I was part of a family. The hostel itself is in a good position, near to the subway and also to Namba station, from which you can reach all the best bits of the city. It's super clean, and had excellent showers and beds. THANK YOU INA!

Thank you for your wonderful comment and great marks!Thank you for your staying with us and joining the party!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!!Thank you.

This is such a great hostel. I have been here two times now and really Enjoy it! Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Osaka

Thank you for your nice comment!Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!!Thank you.

I cannot endorse tani9 enough. A wonderful hostel with fantastic community vibe. Every one is relaxed and cheerful. Namba just a short walk away...dont think just book x

Thank you for your nice comment and amazing marks!Thank you for your staying with us!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!!Thank you.

really good hostel

Great hostel. This was my second visit here, and will stay again if I find myself in Osaka. The staff is very friendly, the atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable, and it is very clean. I've stayed at dozens of hostels, this is one of the best.

• 26th Dec 2013

Thank you for your brilliant comment!Thank you for your staying with us on the last December!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!!Thank you.

i will be back soon, Erez & MJ

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Israel

Thank you for your nice comment!Thank you for your staying with us on the last December!We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you soon!!Thank you.

Good location-close to subway, food store

very warm hostel of serving by owner ina san, close location to nanba station that someone came fm airport please reserve bed for me ina san!!! see you in Feb

Thank you for your comment!Firstly, we apologize for the delay in replying.Thank you for your staying with us on the last December!We are really glad to hear that you liked here.We keep it in mind and try our best.We are looking forward to seeing you soon!!Thank you.

Thanks so much for my stay! It was wonderful the staff at this hostel are fantastic and very nice. I really loved this place!!!

Thank you for your comment!Firstly, we apologize for the delay in replying.Thank you for your staying with us on the last November!We are really glad to hear that you liked here.We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!!Thank you.

very cosy and nice place! better than most hostels I stayed in Japan. Great, helpful staff!