Taormina's Odyssey Reviews

Via Patern� di Biscari n.13, Taormina, Italy

A nice place to stay in Taormina for a good price. The hostel is near to the lovely city centre. The rooms are clean and comfortable. And the owners are very friendly and helpful. Every morning we had an excellent breakfast.

Very nice place and good value for money! We had only one problem - it was difficult to find 'cos instead of turn left (from Arcagenta street) to Biscari street, you should go right.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Good breakfast. Wifi not great in our room - top floor.

Even they were asking all the guests to be there befor 6PM(I was in very harry), when I arrived there, No one was there. So we needed to call them, and we had to wait 15 minuits. That was really bad because they were saying, if you don't show up befor 6PM you will lose your room. Its prrity bad. Moreover, their direction to the hostel was not really helpfull because it seems a few minuits from the bus stop, but its not. you have to allway crossing the oneside town to the other.

Nice place, clean & friendly

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Finland

I certainly enjoyed my stay in the hostel and I hope I'll return someday, but few things can be improved, such as: (i) give promptly a formal receipt of payment of the hostel as soon as we pay it; (ii) give more touristics instructions; (iii) expand the WiFi to the rooms, not only downstairs; (iv) do some integration event (such as an Italian night) for the guests; (v) be clear about the rules and time schedules; (vi) be a little more professional, 'cause not everybody is used to Italian shouts.

Pleasant Bed and Breakfast run by an Italian family. I had a lovely stay.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really nice accommodation, not near tourist tracks. Very good breakfast, nice contact with staff.

friendly staff who provide you with all neccessary information and a good breakfast. clean and confortable room. located conveniently next to the main street, but a bit tricky to find for the first time. very recommendable.

why there`s a tips for everyone should be charged beside the fee i`ve paid for the stay

• 26th Dec 2013
  • China

Staff friendly. Very good breakfast, excellent homemade cake for the breakfast. The wifi wasn't working in the room but you can use the PC lended by the family.

Very friendly people. Great breakfast.

• 31st Aug 2013

We arrived and were told to come back later so we did then the owner ignored us for half and hour and we kept waiting. The room was spacious but only with fan so it was hot at night. Close to the supermarket which is good, although I'm not sure if you can use the kitchen because the family seemed to be in there all the time. Bathroom shower only has a curtain which allowed water to leak all over the floor. Breakfast was good- cereal, eggs, bread.

clean and value for money, its a good choice for budget travellers. For those who visit Taormina by bus, its a bit long way to walk from the bus terminal to the hostel ( 1 KM) but I think its ok to me. Spent some time to visit Castelmola, the view there is beautiful.

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Hong Kong
  • Couple, 41+

Very good breakfast! Multiple choices ...Biological eggs and more... And more...

Very good hostel, near to the mainly street in Taormina. But not good to the people with handicaps

the hostel has a really great breakfast. Also staff are really nice.

The location of this hostel is extremely far away from the bus station, not to mention all the uphills. As a single woman who has been traveled for almost 4 weeks, this is really a painful drawback. The staff did provide me some information, but that is not very helpful. Yet they changed me from a dorm to a 3-person private room, which didn't have any other guests except for me. This cheered me up a little. :)

I had a great stay at Taormina's Odyssey, the rooms were beautiful, the staff are excellent and the location isn't too far from the main road. it was a great value for our money and I would definitely go back!

The perfect Hostel for Taormina. Right next to the main street, close to plenty of walks and the super-market is 5 mins away so you can save tons by buying stuff there to cook back at the hostel. A great homely atmosphere.

• 13th Jun 2013