Tapok Hostel Reviews

Armeneasca 27 A, Chisinau, Moldova

Great hostel, chilled staff all speaking English. The hostel is located in what I thought was a wealthy part of town so very safe but Chisinau is very safe in general. As it wasn't the cheapest hostel it didn't attract the weird old people you usually encounter in other less expensive hostels, so definitely worth the extra .50c - 1€ per night to hang with young traveled people instead. Cheers Tapok.

Everything was great again in Tapok Hostel, it's my 2nd time here and I really enjoy it. Nice atmosphere, clean kitchen and bathrooms, warm cool boxes for luggage under beds. Thank you guys for amazing night in Chisinau. Meet you again.

The hostel was greate! Good location, cleane and renewed bathroom and keatchen. Nice helpful staff and cool atmosphere!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Romania

Thank you guys for good time I had in your hostel. Everything was perfect. Hostel is good located and there are a yard to have a barbeque and meet friends. Hostel is after renovating and it looks great. Really recommend and for sure will come back in few months. Hugs)

Really good guy who runs the hostel, but it is incomplete and the caged animals (smelt from downstair in dorms) didn't work so well; upstairs could feel cleaner.

The ground floor of the hostel (where the kitchen is located) was quite dirty, though upstairs it was clean. They have bunch of animals, and the cats come inside occasionally and poop in the kitchen. Definitely not a place for people that are allergic to pets! They should have mention the pets in the property information. The hostel doesn't have a 24h reception. I arrived early in the morning and had to wait several hours till one of the guests opened the door for me.

We are really sorry about that situation with cats, now it's different because cats have a new wooden house outside in garden,so no animals inside the hostel anymore, it's a rule for everybody now. By the way we have a renovated clean kitchen and a new warm bathroom now, entire Hostel was refreshed and cleaned very well just to satisfy normal human conditions for staying in a decent hostel. Wait you in Tapok again and hope it will be completely different opinion next time. Thank you for review.

Hostel was totally fine. Bathrooms were not nice but I'm told they are being renovate, nice big comforters on the beds. Reasonable rates, staff was chilled out and knowledgeable, nice courtyard and good location. Only complaint is that there were too many cats, but all in all it was a good time.

Thank you for review and we have to inform you that only 2 cats remain near the hostel and they have now a new house in the courtyard. Now the bathroom is completely new with a warm floor and clean tube. And not only the bathroom, but the kitchen too. All problems in hostel were fixed so now is more comfortably and clean hostel. Wait you again in Tapok and you'll get a better opinion about us.

Freaking awsome, best hostel i've been to for a long time. Made my stay in Chisinau worth it!

• 8th Oct 2014

This hostel was awesome! I would stay here again.

• 1st Oct 2014

I spent great time here. I was satisfied very much.

Absolutely an awesome hostel!!! I had a really good time. I cannot not come up with anything this place was lacking. Oh, maybe a butter knife in the kitchen to make bigass sandwiches. :D The receptionist Joey is an awesome dude! The hostel even has it's own lovely pet kitten, Jody and a pet mouse Gabby. Thanks and cheers! -Eero

There`s not the reception in this hostel. Even if it is written that is it open 24h on 24h, it`s not correct. We arrived at 9 o`clock and noone answered. So we had to call the owner who called the receptionist. There is not a man that look at the reception during the day and night, so is possible for anyone enter and exit from the hostel. Incredible. The security of the hostel doesnt exist and also the cleaning it`s not so good.

Hello! Sorry about that, but I think it's not true at all. Our receptionist Joe have some personal problems in this period so he was absent for few hours per day, but in rest he is in the hostel 24h on 24h. About security: we have 4 cameras, smart door with personal guest key-chip so nobody from outside can come in the hostel even if the receptionist is not on his place. Sorry again and definitely that case is out of usual.

The place is close to the City Center, a bit on the untidy side and cramped with space. But there is a good spirit in the hostel, people associating from all over the world.

Thank you for your comment! Hope to see you again in Tapok;)

A good basic hostel. Quite small (as are most hostels in Chisinau). Staff are reasonably helpful and the place is kept fairly clean. Not the best hostel I stayed at in Chisinau, but certainly not a bad option

Stayed there for 1 night while visiting Chisinau. Good hostel, nice staff and nice chilling area outside! Some of the lockers seemed to have the same lock, which was a bit awkward. I would still recommend it!

Thank you! We already fixed the problem with lockers, so next time you wouldn't be awkward;)