Tapok Hostel Reviews

Armeneasca 27 A, Chisinau, Moldova

Absolutely an awesome hostel!!! I had a really good time. I cannot not come up with anything this place was lacking. Oh, maybe a butter knife in the kitchen to make bigass sandwiches. :D The receptionist Joey is an awesome dude! The hostel even has it's own lovely pet kitten, Jody and a pet mouse Gabby. Thanks and cheers! -Eero

There`s not the reception in this hostel. Even if it is written that is it open 24h on 24h, it`s not correct. We arrived at 9 o`clock and noone answered. So we had to call the owner who called the receptionist. There is not a man that look at the reception during the day and night, so is possible for anyone enter and exit from the hostel. Incredible. The security of the hostel doesnt exist and also the cleaning it`s not so good.

Hello! Sorry about that, but I think it's not true at all. Our receptionist Joe have some personal problems in this period so he was absent for few hours per day, but in rest he is in the hostel 24h on 24h. About security: we have 4 cameras, smart door with personal guest key-chip so nobody from outside can come in the hostel even if the receptionist is not on his place. Sorry again and definitely that case is out of usual.

The place is close to the City Center, a bit on the untidy side and cramped with space. But there is a good spirit in the hostel, people associating from all over the world.

Thank you for your comment! Hope to see you again in Tapok;)

Stayed there for 1 night while visiting Chisinau. Good hostel, nice staff and nice chilling area outside! Some of the lockers seemed to have the same lock, which was a bit awkward. I would still recommend it!

Thank you! We already fixed the problem with lockers, so next time you wouldn't be awkward;)

I really enjoyed my time in Chisinau, and Tapok Hostel really played a great part in it! Overall the hostel was clean and the service perfect! Great atmosphere, the other guests were really cool people, and the hostel provides a great place to meet and talk to other travellers! The staff was great, specially Irina who was super kind and helpful! I really hope to come back, and if I do, I'll definitely stay at Tapok Hostel again! Thanks for the great time! Daniel

Thank you a lot Daniel!! We are always happy to see you in Tapok:)

Pretty bland experience to be honest. Not much more I can say.

Sorry if something was wrong. Hope to see you again in our hostel. Thank you for comment.

Excellent hostel! The people running the hostel were incredibly friendly during my stay and helped out with the many questions I had. Really nice relaxed location, would definitely stay here again.

• 30th Mar 2014

Waiting for you next time. Thanks a lot!