Tapok Hostel Reviews

Armeneasca 27 A, Chisinau, Moldova

It's very good Hostel and the staff is really nice ! I enjoy my stay in Chisinau !

• 7th Nov 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful, I can say she became a friend! With regards to the hostel itself, the main issue is that there are lockers but it is not possible to lock them and anyone can just walk inside the hostels and rooms...this is something easy to fix! Otherwise the place is cozy, clean, and centrally located walking distance from everything. Would stay again!

A big disapointment. The only staff member around was always moody and sour. We booked a private double room but got a crammed dorm instead, in which we were the only lodgers. It being a dorm room, it could be locked from the outside. We were compensated by unlockable lockers, which kind of beats the point in them being LOCKers, and ended up having to use lockers in a different room. The room was dirty. Upon paying, no receipt was offered (nor eventually given, although demanded). Amateurish!

I had an issue in my work and I was not able to go.

good location, quiet and very familiar atmosphere. I'd go there next time!

• 9th Sep 2015

I stayed at Tapok hostel 8 days and I recommend it to anyone need to stay in Chisinau. It is clean, realy near the city center and the staff is very helpfull.

The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the whole atmosphere was great. It's not a very big hostel but is clean, quiet, has a open-air space and is located at few minutes walking by the main street. If i will come back to Chisinau I still will choose Tapok for sure!

Overall experience was okay. Not more, not less. Good location and very basic conditions inside, with helpful staff. Rooms are rather small, also the bathrooms. Quite clean I would say. Also cheap - so decent value for money.

The 8 bedroom is so tiny that too people, with all the backpacks around, cannot enter at the same time. The girl working the reception is nice but she has no useful information and doesn't speak very good English. She has no idea what she's doing. She never traveled so she doesn't know what a hostel should be like. Before I arrived I spoke with someone from the hostel on email telling them that I will arrive around 1-2 AM. There was nobody waiting for me so I slept in the kitchen. Bad hostel.

Thank you for review. It is very painfull when you are accept check-in at 2AM but hostel rule is 22PM and a customer write "bad...." We will try to kkep staff informed about traveling and hostel. Sorry if you haven't enough space when hostel was full.

The most leisure hostel I been stay, staff are relax and easy with everything, facilities are good, meet many nice people and the location is fantastic.

Thanks a lot for review. Staff is relaxed because everything is okay:) see you next time

the only thing that bothered me is that staff people was listening to music in the morning in the kitchen and if you stay in the room downstairs it can wake you up easily. otherwise, it was all ok.

thank you. no more music in the mornings:) hope to see you again! cheers

ANNA e Janos very good

Thank you! see you next time.

Clean but small in a great location. Nice quiet street with a cool outside area to chill out during summer. One of the best deals in Chisinau but things like patchy WiFi and not very helpful staff let it down. It would help if security was improved as the gate and doors are left wide open at all times so anybody can walk in - they do have lockers though which help. I'd stay again.

Thank you for the review. We will improve everything you mentioned. See you next time Brodie

A real backpacker's hostel. Place outside to sit down, a kitchen and nice staff. Cleaniness was also okay. The only negative thing was that the rooms, shower and kitchen are extremely small.

The hostel is cozy, clean and safe. Close to the city center and with nice staff. Only good words about it. I can easily recommend it to anyone! :)

Dorms and bathrooms were very cramped. Friendly atmosphere and was in a good location

Although we read good reviews, we were disappointed with the support from the (American) staff member, who gave us poor information which he changed his story to when we returned. The Check-In process was poor, with little direction or clarity given. The bathroom was also often in not the best condition. Otherwise an OK hostel.

It was a very good stay. I recommend it.

The 8 bed dorm was super small, only 2 bathrooms for the whole hostel without toilet paper most of the time. Plus, the staff is very unqualified: one speaks really bad english, and the other one promised a tour to Cricova with other guests of the hostel but she never showed up so we lost one day in Chisinau doing nothing. Sometimes anyone of the staff was there and I've been asked by other guests to welcome people and do their checkin. I'm not working here, what if I want to go out?

Free creative atmosphere, comfortable kitchen and beds, nice design. Common place outside in the yard with couchs and tables. Helpful hosts. We've arrived from airport too late for find dinner in Kishinev but host Nicita suggested us his one food. Very short but good expirience in this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015