Tapok Hostel Reviews

Armeneasca 27 A, Chisinau, Moldova

The ground floor of the hostel (where the kitchen is located) was quite dirty, though upstairs it was clean. They have bunch of animals, and the cats come inside occasionally and poop in the kitchen. Definitely not a place for people that are allergic to pets! They should have mention the pets in the property information. The hostel doesn't have a 24h reception. I arrived early in the morning and had to wait several hours till one of the guests opened the door for me.

Hostel was totally fine. Bathrooms were not nice but I'm told they are being renovate, nice big comforters on the beds. Reasonable rates, staff was chilled out and knowledgeable, nice courtyard and good location. Only complaint is that there were too many cats, but all in all it was a good time.

Freaking awsome, best hostel i've been to for a long time. Made my stay in Chisinau worth it!

• 8th Oct 2014

This hostel was awesome! I would stay here again.

• 1st Oct 2014

I spent great time here. I was satisfied very much.

Absolutely an awesome hostel!!! I had a really good time. I cannot not come up with anything this place was lacking. Oh, maybe a butter knife in the kitchen to make bigass sandwiches. :D The receptionist Joey is an awesome dude! The hostel even has it's own lovely pet kitten, Jody and a pet mouse Gabby. Thanks and cheers! -Eero

There`s not the reception in this hostel. Even if it is written that is it open 24h on 24h, it`s not correct. We arrived at 9 o`clock and noone answered. So we had to call the owner who called the receptionist. There is not a man that look at the reception during the day and night, so is possible for anyone enter and exit from the hostel. Incredible. The security of the hostel doesnt exist and also the cleaning it`s not so good.

Hello! Sorry about that, but I think it's not true at all. Our receptionist Joe have some personal problems in this period so he was absent for few hours per day, but in rest he is in the hostel 24h on 24h. About security: we have 4 cameras, smart door with personal guest key-chip so nobody from outside can come in the hostel even if the receptionist is not on his place. Sorry again and definitely that case is out of usual.

The place is close to the City Center, a bit on the untidy side and cramped with space. But there is a good spirit in the hostel, people associating from all over the world.

Thank you for your comment! Hope to see you again in Tapok;)

A good basic hostel. Quite small (as are most hostels in Chisinau). Staff are reasonably helpful and the place is kept fairly clean. Not the best hostel I stayed at in Chisinau, but certainly not a bad option

Stayed there for 1 night while visiting Chisinau. Good hostel, nice staff and nice chilling area outside! Some of the lockers seemed to have the same lock, which was a bit awkward. I would still recommend it!

Thank you! We already fixed the problem with lockers, so next time you wouldn't be awkward;)

I really enjoyed my time in Chisinau, and Tapok Hostel really played a great part in it! Overall the hostel was clean and the service perfect! Great atmosphere, the other guests were really cool people, and the hostel provides a great place to meet and talk to other travellers! The staff was great, specially Irina who was super kind and helpful! I really hope to come back, and if I do, I'll definitely stay at Tapok Hostel again! Thanks for the great time! Daniel

Thank you a lot Daniel!! We are always happy to see you in Tapok:)