Tapok Hostel Reviews

Armeneasca 27 A, Chisinau, Moldova

Ana is amazing!!! She's the best staff member you could have there!! We went on a wine tour together and she was super helpful with everything!!!

It's very good Hostel and the staff is really nice ! I enjoy my stay in Chisinau !

• 7th Nov 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful, I can say she became a friend! With regards to the hostel itself, the main issue is that there are lockers but it is not possible to lock them and anyone can just walk inside the hostels and rooms...this is something easy to fix! Otherwise the place is cozy, clean, and centrally located walking distance from everything. Would stay again!

A big disapointment. The only staff member around was always moody and sour. We booked a private double room but got a crammed dorm instead, in which we were the only lodgers. It being a dorm room, it could be locked from the outside. We were compensated by unlockable lockers, which kind of beats the point in them being LOCKers, and ended up having to use lockers in a different room. The room was dirty. Upon paying, no receipt was offered (nor eventually given, although demanded). Amateurish!

I had an issue in my work and I was not able to go.

good location, quiet and very familiar atmosphere. I'd go there next time!

• 9th Sep 2015

I stayed at Tapok hostel 8 days and I recommend it to anyone need to stay in Chisinau. It is clean, realy near the city center and the staff is very helpfull.

The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the whole atmosphere was great. It's not a very big hostel but is clean, quiet, has a open-air space and is located at few minutes walking by the main street. If i will come back to Chisinau I still will choose Tapok for sure!

Overall experience was okay. Not more, not less. Good location and very basic conditions inside, with helpful staff. Rooms are rather small, also the bathrooms. Quite clean I would say. Also cheap - so decent value for money.

The 8 bedroom is so tiny that too people, with all the backpacks around, cannot enter at the same time. The girl working the reception is nice but she has no useful information and doesn't speak very good English. She has no idea what she's doing. She never traveled so she doesn't know what a hostel should be like. Before I arrived I spoke with someone from the hostel on email telling them that I will arrive around 1-2 AM. There was nobody waiting for me so I slept in the kitchen. Bad hostel.

Thank you for review. It is very painfull when you are accept check-in at 2AM but hostel rule is 22PM and a customer write "bad...." We will try to kkep staff informed about traveling and hostel. Sorry if you haven't enough space when hostel was full.