Tapok Hostel

8.8
Fabulous 247 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2017

I found Tapok very cosy and comfortable after moving from nearby (where I felt the opposite). It's location is excellent and it's staff very welcoming and helpful, especially Victor. He was extremely friendly and accomodating when I arrived

• Finland, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017
7.1

Nice quiet location and excellent staff. The atmosphere was really nice but the place would definitely benefit of some cleaning and improvement of facilities. I stayed in the 4-bed dorm and the electricity sockets in the room did not work so everybody had to charge their devices in the hall outside the dorm room. It was very hot in the night in August and there were no fans so sleeping was difficult due to the temperature.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
6.6

The hostel was overbooked and despite the fact that I'd made a booking 6 weeks before, I got an email the day I was due to arrive -- I would be staying at another hostel in Chisinau run by the same owner (Chill Hostel). When I showed up at Tapok late at night, the staff member explained the situation, didn't bother walking us to the other hostel, and told us how some people had gotten robbed on the corner. Chill Hostel was great just because of Olga. Be careful with booking.

21st Jul 2017

Nice place. Victor does an amazing job.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2017
8.0

Fantastic social atmosphere and the most helpful staff ever. They will seriously help you with anything and go above and beyond. The dorms are hot and sweaty and the kitchen and bathrooms aren't that clean, but I would recommend staying here for the staff and social atmosphere anyway.

17th Jul 2017

If you visit Moldova, you must stay in this hostel!!! They have the nicest staff ever, and a perfect common area where you relax and hang out. The staff also helps you with plans/transportation. I made lots of friends here that I kept bumping into when I was in other cities.

14th Jul 2017

Great for the price. Great location and really helpful and friendly staff. Could do with better organisation in terms of food in fridge not being labelled and going out of date and general mess and clutter around. The internet was a bit patchy too sometimes.

• niklashelineva
  • Finland, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

A very relaxed atmosphere here. The staff were very helpful and showed us around cool hangout spots in the city. Would recommend staying here.

5th Jul 2017

Definitely one of my best hostel experiences! The staff is amazing. Victor and Adrian are super helpful and speak fluent English - they help you whenever they can. The rooms were clean and it was not too hot in summer. You can use the kitchen which works without problems. The bathrooms were also in a good condition. But my favourite is the atmosphere - the hostel has an amazing patio (shared with a private school) where the hostel guests and staff usually chill together and have an amazing time!

15th Jun 2017

Loved my stay in Tapok hostel. It's a good place to chillout and meet people. The family barbecue was really good. The two Moldovan guys who work there where really friendly and helpfull. They even booked a taxi to the airport for me very early in the morning.