Tapok Hostel Reviews

Armeneasca 27 A, Chisinau, Moldova

A real backpacker's hostel. Place outside to sit down, a kitchen and nice staff. Cleaniness was also okay. The only negative thing was that the rooms, shower and kitchen are extremely small.

The hostel is cozy, clean and safe. Close to the city center and with nice staff. Only good words about it. I can easily recommend it to anyone! :)

Dorms and bathrooms were very cramped. Friendly atmosphere and was in a good location

The 8 bed dorm was super small, only 2 bathrooms for the whole hostel without toilet paper most of the time. Plus, the staff is very unqualified: one speaks really bad english, and the other one promised a tour to Cricova with other guests of the hostel but she never showed up so we lost one day in Chisinau doing nothing. Sometimes anyone of the staff was there and I've been asked by other guests to welcome people and do their checkin. I'm not working here, what if I want to go out?

Free creative atmosphere, comfortable kitchen and beds, nice design. Common place outside in the yard with couchs and tables. Helpful hosts. We've arrived from airport too late for find dinner in Kishinev but host Nicita suggested us his one food. Very short but good expirience in this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Very nice small hostel with all necessary you need and expect. Most of all I liked terrace. It's really nice!

• 8th Jun 2015

I arrived in tapok hostel by a sunny day and see this colorful place. What a good atmosphere to chill. The people who work here are smiling and helpful and I can see that other clients had nice time too and that is really a good point! In the morning, free tea and coffee that you can drink outside on the comfortable banches. The rooms are clean and we can also have a locker. And there is 2 bathrooms! So I recommand tapok, you can feel at home and secure here. Really, I didn't want to leave!

Great place! Very comfortable beds and well arranged terace with colorful chairs. Hostel is close to all attractions and has separate free parking. The staff organised for us everything, transfer from airport, a tour to Tiraspol and winery. Recommend Tapok hostel to all visitors of Moldova. I will be back Tapok;)

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Finland

The votes are about chill hostel, since they moved us there in a 10beds room (instead of the 6 beds we booked). More a small apartment than an hostel. The receptionists were there only sometimes. They were kind when asked about something, but not so precise with the informations they gave us. The pickup service was ok.

One of wrost place I ever stay. Small areas (room and toilles, dirty, orrible smellow, kitchen horror moove style). Prices change in connection to your booking: 9€ if you book on line, less if you pay there (someone pay 8€, someone 7€..). Hope to forget soon this horrible experience. It: uno dei posti peggiori dove ho mai soggiornato. Stanze piccole, sporco ovunque (anche i cestini dei bagni e delle camere non venivano mai svuotati), nessuna sorveglianza durante la notte, puzza nei bagni..

We really don’t understand why did you put so bad review? Your personal behavior and attitude towards the other guests deserves the reprobation. It is not normal to come at 5am in fully drunk condition and ring the doorbell continuously for 10 minutes because you forget your key. And if our reception make you observation about your behavior it doesn’t matter that you have to avenge us and write the things which don’t really exist. Hostel is not a hotel and you have to respect each other.

This hostel is located very close to the city centre. The room was comfortable with big areas to store bags etc. The staff were great, they managed to book me a taxi for a very early morning pick up. Without their help I would have been stuck as no public transport goes there at 4am and taxi drives in Moldova speak barely any English. My only issues were the plugs in the room didn't work and the main door to the hostel was wide open at 4am with no staff to be found, which I found a bit alarming.

Good hostel for it's price. Staff was friendly. It took me 5-7 minutes to main street, ATM and supermarket. Kitchen and bathroom downstairs were pretty clean, so I didn't have complains.

• 21st Apr 2015

Very cool, nice and friendly, just some steps from the main road in amazing centre of Chisinau!!! :)

• 5th Apr 2015

I stayed 7 nights in the hostel. One of my worst experience ever. The hostel (specially the toilette) is very dirty. Inside, when you eat in the chicken there are also cats with you. They are everywhere. I had different bad episod: the first night i came back in hostel at 11pm with another guy. We ring the door but nobody open. the owner was not in the hostel. We stayed 30 minutes outside the door before a custumers came to open the door. Outside there were -10 degree. :( ... i could continue...

We really appologize about your bad fellings and problems appeared durring your staying in Tapok Hostel. All mentiomed problems was cleared. No more cats and animals in the hostel. The guy from reception that didn't keep clean toilets and wasn't on duty to open the door was fired! Now we have new very responsible staff and perfect athmosphere for staying. Hope to see you back with better mood. We assume that you next staying in Tapok will be much better. Sorry for the inconvinience. Thank you!

Nice and cozy place in the center of Chisinau's old town, 5 minutes walk to the main street. Groecery stores, supermarkets, restaurants, fast food and pubs just around the corner. Easy accessable by public transport, all mayor sights of Chisinau are in a walking distance. Joey, the nice american guy at the reception made was very helpful, free maps, coffe, tea, wine and vodka available 24h! Free wifi in all flors. Aiport transfer was organized at 4 in morning, everything was very nice and safe.

Thank you for your review. You are always welcome back in Tapok Hostel:)