Tarifa Melting Pot Hostel Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Spain

We had to leave early in the morning and the staff, despite reassuring us about that, failed to show up and give us back the 5€ deposit for the keys. It's not a matter on money, obviously, it's a matter of reliability. Everything else was perfectly fine.

Great athmosphere! The staff was really Nice, and the location os really good!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

I forgot my pink scarf somewhere on the terrace, do not throw it away! Will get back to Tarifa one day ;)

A friendly home away from home with sweet and helpful locals making you feel welcome. Amazing source of information for the best eats in town and activities to do.

• 12th Aug 2015

There is no air conditioning, or even fans in the whole hostel which I did not enjoy as this meant you had to sleep with your windows open. Therefore it was very loud in the morning and throughout the night as people were walking down the street. It should be advertised in advance that there is no form of airconditioning especially in the hottest summer months, as I would have probably stayed elsewhere had I known this.

• 11th Aug 2015

Melting pot hostel is an excellent base to explore everything Tarifa has to offer to it´s visitors, it´s being very close to the ferry that takes you to Tanger Morocco (where another Melting Pot Hostel is located) only adds to the friendly and comfortable atmosphere of the town as well as the hostel....my advice: take enough time to take this all in & please stay more than one night !

• 10th Aug 2015

Me and my friends stayed one night in this hostel but it was really cool, and we would like to stay more! We arrived pretty late that night (half an hour before the end of the check-in), but the staff was really comprehensive and warm with us. the guy at the reception explained me everything about the hostel and how to use the bathrooms and the kitchen, and also the procedures for the check-out. We were in a 8-beds room and we enjoyed meeting the other two guests.

Melting Pot was very much a typical hostel. It could have gone above by having more bathrooms and not charging for towel rentals. It is on a beach after all. Have guests put down a deposit just to make sure they return them. Breakfast was just white bread; however, they did leave eggs out you could make yourself. Couches and other furnishings looked and felt dingy. Nice that they had beer and wine for sale. We've been at better hostels, but this was not a bad experience.

Thanks for the great stay guys!

The staff was so kind, the room very nice and clean. The hostel offers a delicious breakfast and is literaly two minutes walking to a beautiful beach and the city centre (bars and night life). Great experience!!!!

This hostel is great! The staff are super friendly, welcoming and accomodating. Was my favourite hostel I've stayed in in Spain so far.

• 27th Jul 2015

The Melting Pot hostel in Tarifa is in every way worth a visit. I've stayed here for just one night but I regret the fact I didnt stay any longer. The atmosphere and location are amazing! The staff is super friendly and recommend you places to visit in Tarifa. I will come back for sure!!

Litteraly 2 steps away from the beach and the city centre, very clean and charming place with very helpful and smiling staff always up for a laugh ! Highly raccomandated place !

• 21st Jul 2015

Staff very helpful and friendly, i enjoyed my stay, cheers - Francis

Such a cute hostel! Relaxing like a resort. Super friendly staff. Small size of hostel makes it easy to meet people, although it doesn't seem like a huge social hub. It's a little more quiet compared to other hostels in Spain but it makes sense considering how laid-back Tarifa is. Met a couple young groups of friends who were staying there for a short weekend getaway. 2 minute walk from beach and port!

The staff was friendly and willing to help with anything. There was a very laid-back atmosphere which I enjoyed. The breakfast was running a little low by the time we made it down and it didn't seem like it was re-stocked very quickly, however.

• 1st Jul 2015

Had the most amazing stay in possibly one of the coolest places I've ever stayed in which is saying a lot! The staff were so friendly and helpful (seeing them outside of the hostel too! ) the place was clean and so cosy - really home away from away. The kitchen and common areas were such an unreal vibe where you really felt so comfortable to talk and cook with people and make plans for all the awesome things Tarifa has to offer! Seriously the best places to stay in Tarifa.

I liked this hostel a lot. It's smaller, so you have to interact with people. Met people fairly quick and easy here. Five minutes from the beach. Beautiful view of Africa from the terrace on the roof. Location is pretty good too. It has lockers, but only big enough to store valuables.

Very nice hostel.

nice hostel, good breakfast, good terrace.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4