Taroko Liwu Hostel Reviews

No.242-2 Fushih Village, Sioulin Township, Hualien, Hualien, Taiwan

My friends and I spent most of our time hiking and driving around Taroko National Park, so we were only in the hostel for one night, to shower and sleep. I booked a 4 bed mixed dorm for the three of us, and we ended up in a Japanese style room with 6 beds and two other people. That was a bit unexpected, but everything worked out fine. There wasn't really any English speaking staff working at the time that we got there, but checking in was pretty easy. The doors didn't lock well though.

• 20th Jun 2015

I woudl recommend this hostel to other people. Service was really good and the owner even took us to one of the Taiwanese markets. The communication worked well and people there are helpful and willing.

Excellent all round hostel. Loads of space. Big sitting room, kitchen and nice outside area. Loads of bathrooms and even a pool table. Location is amazing. 5 mins by taxi from Xinsheng (Toroko) train station and at entrance to the National Park with a bus stop outside which will take you up into the main sights of the gorge. Very easy. The owner, Ken, was really friendly and helpful. Took us to the night market which was great. Hostel not open between 11am and 3pm so arrange arrival ti

Nobody was there when we arrived and nobody replied to my emails before we arrived. Sloppy tour When the owner finally showed up to let us in, he told us we were lucky that he even showed up. The guy was rude, he offered us hot sauce and then when we asked for it at the next meal he was extremely rude and unprofessional. With a sneer, he told us that we "used to much of it," and he didn't want to give us more. Pee in the shampoo bottle! Pool table was cool, had to find it on my own.

• 31st May 2015

Mr. Stubbins, Sorry for my flawed service on your day stayed in our place. Please accept my sincere apology. In respond to your post ahead, I consider not to provide my personal spicy sauce anymore to guests in the future so this will not be a blame point of our hotel, after all the disappearing rate of one third a full jar for only two meal is really ridiculous.

It really enjoyed my stay and felt perfectly well due to very friendly people and ambiance.

The location of this hostel cannot be beaten. About 5 minutes from an amazing national park. Ken was great too, one day he took me in his car to the local nightmarket. He showed me his favourite food, which happened to be my favourite too - steak!

Li-Wu Hostel was our first ever hostel experience and I must say that we really loved it! We arrived at night and were given a warm welcome by Ken and his wife. Both of them have good knowledge of Hualien and Taroko Gorge and are able to give good recommendations of sights and activities. To Ken and your wife: Thank you for the enjoyable stay! Wish you all the best! To fellow travellers: rent a scooter or a car at Xincheng or Hualien, it makes travelling around much easier!

We had a amazing stay at the taroko liwu hostel. Ken and his wife Ellen are so kind, they will help u with everything. Thanks again for everything. The hostel is nice and clean and is located perfectly next to the park.

• 8th May 2015

It was a very nice hostel, and close to taroko gorge. The couple who runs the hostel is very kind and helpful. Although the kitchen was a bit messy, it felt nice and homey. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Was very happy with my stay at Liwu. The staff was so hospitable and the location couldn't be better! Will only stay at Liwu when visiting Taroko in the future...

• 15th Apr 2015

this place is near to bus stop, 7-eleven and some eateries. there is even a native run restaurant across the street. Ken is very helpful in advising us the best trails for our needs and timing. we stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm and the beds are rock solid and individually fitted with power plug, lights and curtains. Just watch out for their operating time and keep Ken posted on your schedule. he will be more than happy to advice you accordingly.

Good Place right at the entrance of the Taroko Gorge. Clean, comfortable and very friendly staff. I will come again!

The location is great. Nice staff. Really simple hostal.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

A good hostel; a mixed stay. Excellent location and easy to spot from the bus. A married couple with newborn runs it, and their family visits on the w/e. Don't take a rest day on Sunday. The kitchen was almost always being used or seemed like had just been used. But both owners are friendly and I'm the only guest who ever used the kitchen while there. The 2nd most comfortable bed and pillow in Taiwan. Blackout curtains. Shower temp fluxed due to gas heating. Hostel closes from 11-3, be careful.

Ken and his wife are really helpful and provide really good advice about what to do around and best spots. You will feel good in this hostel where you can get ready to climb mountains or just relax after a sportive day. You will enjoy your stay in this hostel really close to Taroko headquarter and mountains !

comfortable hostel, close to the taroko mountains.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is great for the gorge. They told us the hostel is closed during the day, so if you wanted to spend a week here exploring the gorge, you can't have a rest day. The hot water was all hot or nothing, very annoying after a big day.