Taroko Liwu Hostel Reviews

No.242-2 Fushih Village, Sioulin Township, Hualien, Hualien, Taiwan

No restaurants close by, we got our share of 7-11 for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The park shuttle is right out front of the hostel, which is very convenient.

The Hostel is conveniently located at the entrance of Taroko National Park. The hostel owner (Ken) was very friendly and taught me how to travel to Xincheng by taking a bus and train, instead of the conventional train (Save Costs!!). There are lockers in the rooms, and the common area is huge to interact and chill with other hostellers. The bed was cozy and has curtains for privacy. Will definitely visit this hostel again!

Great location for exploring the gorge. Five minute walk from visitor centre. Really close to train station, just a short cheap taxi. Run by a lovely family. Note: this place is perfect for the gorge but the area is quite quiet at sundown, there are a couple of good restaurants but if you're looking for nightlife it's not here. This place is for those who want an early night to get the most out of the gorge in the day, and for that it's perfect.

friendly and helpful staff, staff goes the extra mile, e. g. shuttle to near - by train station, taking you out for the night market

The hostel has a perfect location about a 5-10 min walk to the entrance of the park. The bus one can take from Hualien into Taroko National Park as a stop 1 min away from the hostel. Perfect location if one wishes to get an early start. There's a 7 eleven about a 5 min walk away and there are a few smaller local family places where it was easy to get something for dinner. So absolutely no issue getting food, drinks both for the day trips or in the evening. Staff is excellent and very helpful!

Free bike rental, each bunk bed has a curtain can be pulled for privacy and block out light if one wants to sleep, bus stop one metre away, boss

Overall good experience at this modest hostel - glad that there was a hotel next door to reach out to the hostel staff when we arrived since there was no one staffing the front desk, supposedly until 7 pm. I accidentally left some clothes at the hostel - called them from another city and asked them to mail them to Taipei for me C.O.D. - they agreed - but when I arrived in Taipei at the end of my trip - they had made no effort to mail the clothes, no explanation. Disappointing.

• 15th Sep 2014

Basic hostel but in a great location if you want to explore Takodo National Park. Staff are friendly but they do need to provide directions to the hostel as google maps can't identify the exact location

This hostel has friendly staff and an excellent location at the entrance to the park. However, sleeping was a problem. The staff was very noisy until around 11pm, dogs were barking, and room handles were squeaky, all of which made it impossible for me to sleep before midnight. The staff also needs to clean and organize the place to make it more attractive.

Liwu is ideally situated for a ride through Taroko, and I was impressed with the 4 bed dorm setup. You get a nice little footlocker (no lock as far as I can tell) and you can rent a secure locker near the entrance if you require more storage. Beds were clean and spacious, and I enjoyed the memory foam pillows. Very cool, with a nice international vibe. There is VERY little food in and around Taroko though, so bring snacks!

• 18th Aug 2014

Great place. Nice people. Affordable. At the footsteps to the national park. Winning- yes!

• 16th Aug 2014

Taroko was closed due to recent typhoon. However I didn't know abt it as I flew in fr Spore. When I called the owner Kent fr liwu a day b4 my checkin date, he refused to cancel my reservation n wanted to charge a no-show amt of a nite's accomo. Reason 24 hrs notice is req'd. I went to liwu e nx day but decided to leave as there's nothing to see/do at Taroko. I was penalised for NT500 n given a free ride to e train station. I feel the owner shld hv e integrity to inform all guests of e closure

It ws really hard to find. There were no beds, just matress peds not even matress. I had to stay in a small room with four people and we were almost sleeping together on the floor. If you like intemacy with people you do not know (because you will sleep right next to them) and if you do like sleeping on the floor then it's a heaven for you! Staff was really helpful. He helped me to find another hostel!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Very conveniently located at a walking distance away from the Taroko Visitor Center. The only thing I don't quite like was that the exact opposite room is a shared bathroom.

• 18th Jun 2014