Taroko Liwu Hostel Reviews

No.242-2 Fushih Village, Sioulin Township, Hualien, Hualien, Taiwan

Taroko was closed due to recent typhoon. However I didn't know abt it as I flew in fr Spore. When I called the owner Kent fr liwu a day b4 my checkin date, he refused to cancel my reservation n wanted to charge a no-show amt of a nite's accomo. Reason 24 hrs notice is req'd. I went to liwu e nx day but decided to leave as there's nothing to see/do at Taroko. I was penalised for NT500 n given a free ride to e train station. I feel the owner shld hv e integrity to inform all guests of e closure

It ws really hard to find. There were no beds, just matress peds not even matress. I had to stay in a small room with four people and we were almost sleeping together on the floor. If you like intemacy with people you do not know (because you will sleep right next to them) and if you do like sleeping on the floor then it's a heaven for you! Staff was really helpful. He helped me to find another hostel!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Very conveniently located at a walking distance away from the Taroko Visitor Center. The only thing I don't quite like was that the exact opposite room is a shared bathroom.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

There were some problems but these were dealt with promptly and helpfully by the staff

Didn't managed to stay a night at the Hostel because I have to rush back to Kaoh Shiong on the same day of my arrival because of a personal emergency. But I did have a very nice experience of the hostel and its manager, Ken. He is very helpful as he provided me with excellent advices on how to navigate the Taroke Gorge on a very tight schedule. Moreover, he went above and beyond his call of duty and offered to drive me back to Hualien from the hostel to catch the last train out of the city.

• 28th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Situated just at the entrance of the national park. Only negative point : no restaurant open after 5:30 around... Staff really friendly and the hostel was clean.

• 8th Apr 2014

Rooms great, showers just ok. Location is excellent/15 min to park HQ. A couple restaurants nearby. The real highlight was the staff. Ken ended up playing tour guide and driving us all around the park on our day there. He gave us good information and was just super helpful from start to finish, and he really didn't charge a lot of money for the service. If you are pressed for time and want to really see Taroko, this is your place. The service made it a truly memorable experience. Thank you!

Great escape from the big cities, within walking distance to Taroko National Park. Ken who runs the place with his wife and their dog Ba-Ma are so friendly. Ken was kind enough to take me on his scooter to the night market and into Hualien City which was an amazing way to see Hualien.

The owener was very helpful. Could not take the shuttle down in time from Taroko, offered to drive us down . Place is 5 mins away form the main entrance of Taroko but a little far from Xincheng Train station. Have to either take a cab or 15 mins bike ride. Great scenery, nice owener.. Good for a couple of days stay. Even helped us to plan our day around taroko.