Taroko Liwu Hostel Reviews

No.242-2 Fushih Village, Sioulin Township, Hualien, Hualien, Taiwan

Great place to stay overnight if visiting Taroko. Easy to find, clean & safe. Just a couple of minutes walk from Taroko entrance. Some nice breakfast spots near the 711 down the road but dinner options are VERY limited. If you stay here I'd recommend a scootrwhich is also handy to have if visiting the gorge. Quite far from Hualien City so only stay here whilst going to Taroko. Only complaint I have is the showers. Water is far too hot & when you try and turn it down just a little it turns cold.

This place is a bit mixed. It has a great location right on the edge of Taroko national park, but this means there is hardly anywhere to eat at night. The hostel is also mixed: the manager Ken is great. He is friendly, speaks English, and has lots of local information. None of the rest of the staff seem to know anything about the local area, or be particularly interested in helping you. Room was large, but cold and a bit run down.

Warm welcome, very friendly owner nice clean hostel, good location and price

• 18th Jan 2016

Friendly staff, free candies were great, place smelt a little fishy but otherwise pretty decent. Location was great, however they made me pay to shower the morning after I checked out which I thought was a little weird.

Very good to stay for a night if one wants to visit the Taroko National Park, however, if u are afraid/allergic to cats, this is the wrong place to stay for you as there are several cats around and in the hostel. But the owner is really nice and we enjoyed our stay!

Location is perfect, super close to the entry of the park. Friendly staff who will explain you everything, and the facilities are very good too!

When I checked the type of accommodation at Taro Liwu Hostel, I noticed a single ensuite with private bathroom and toilet. I was under the impression that this type of single ensuite accommodation is for 1 bed with private bathroom. So we booked 2 rooms only to find out upon arrival that we have booked 2 rooms with double beds in each room? Anyway, the manager was kind to bill us NTD500 for the 2nd room instead of the full price?

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

The only hostel to stay right next to Taroko. Is great given its remote location.

The hostel is basically walkable to the taroko gorge vistor centre. I cannot think of any place more convenient as to the gateway to the taroko gorge. The owner spend lengthy time explaining different trail & give recommendations. He is very friendly. the bus timetable is provided. bus stop just right outside the hostel. Pros: Location is great. Friendly owner who gives good recommendation. bed has curtain Cons: Hot Shower is erratic. Either too hot or cold. Summary. i come back again

If you wanna live on the door step to Taroko park and basically walk in, this is the place for you! Unfortunately the atmosphere and the facilities are not that good. The shower sucks, no lockers available unless you pay for it outside the hostel and there is no wifi in the room. Price is average in Taiwan, but for the standard, it is too high.

I'm sorry you did not have a satisfactory stay. For our location closer to Toroko than any other hostel, the price (NT450, US$15) is fair. 2. We offer hot water 24 a day, what was it about the showers that you didn't like? 3. We offer WiFi in the living room as we want it to be a common area for our guests to exchange. If you have any concerns about your stay, please let us know and we can do our best to correct it for you. We hope at least that you have great memories of Toroko. ^_^

Staff is great! Bathroom could be better, but okay for a weekend. There's a nice common room and a pool table :). If you want to go to Taroko National Park, it's a really good choice.

This hostel is perfect for those who want to be close to Taroko National Park. The owner is very nice and accomodating, and even took a couple of us out to one of his favorite dinner spots! Highly recommend.

Meh. This place met all our basic needs. The rooms are large enough with very high ceilings and tall bunks. Each bunk has it's own curtain which does a decent job at blocking out light and sound. They have hot water available and a common room with a TV. There are a few mediocre restaurants close by and a 7-11. Most importantly, it was a short walk from the visitor center. Our main complaint was the noise. Sound traveled easily through the walls and screen above the door.

Good location. Ken was very helpful. Taiwanese are great people.

The owners are really kind and helpful. Their beds are comfortable and clean. The shower is not very convenient but it is alright. An address to recommend, especially if it stays that cheap !

I would definitely recommend this place anyone who doesn't care for a few conveniences (ex. wifi isn't available in the rooms but we totally loved hanging out in the common area and talking with other visitors and the couple who runs the place :D). The location was superb and the staff was wonderful as well as informative. The shower/bathroom is the only gripe (really awkward as my friends and I had trouble with our stuff getting wet a lot :/) but that doesn't deter us from wanting to come back!