Taroko Liwu Hostel Reviews

No.242-2 Fushih Village, Sioulin Township, Hualien, Hualien, Taiwan

Free bike rental, each bunk bed has a curtain can be pulled for privacy and block out light if one wants to sleep, bus stop one metre away, boss

Overall good experience at this modest hostel - glad that there was a hotel next door to reach out to the hostel staff when we arrived since there was no one staffing the front desk, supposedly until 7 pm. I accidentally left some clothes at the hostel - called them from another city and asked them to mail them to Taipei for me C.O.D. - they agreed - but when I arrived in Taipei at the end of my trip - they had made no effort to mail the clothes, no explanation. Disappointing.

• 15th Sep 2014

Basic hostel but in a great location if you want to explore Takodo National Park. Staff are friendly but they do need to provide directions to the hostel as google maps can't identify the exact location

This hostel has friendly staff and an excellent location at the entrance to the park. However, sleeping was a problem. The staff was very noisy until around 11pm, dogs were barking, and room handles were squeaky, all of which made it impossible for me to sleep before midnight. The staff also needs to clean and organize the place to make it more attractive.

Liwu is ideally situated for a ride through Taroko, and I was impressed with the 4 bed dorm setup. You get a nice little footlocker (no lock as far as I can tell) and you can rent a secure locker near the entrance if you require more storage. Beds were clean and spacious, and I enjoyed the memory foam pillows. Very cool, with a nice international vibe. There is VERY little food in and around Taroko though, so bring snacks!

• 18th Aug 2014

Great place. Nice people. Affordable. At the footsteps to the national park. Winning- yes!

• 16th Aug 2014

Taroko was closed due to recent typhoon. However I didn't know abt it as I flew in fr Spore. When I called the owner Kent fr liwu a day b4 my checkin date, he refused to cancel my reservation n wanted to charge a no-show amt of a nite's accomo. Reason 24 hrs notice is req'd. I went to liwu e nx day but decided to leave as there's nothing to see/do at Taroko. I was penalised for NT500 n given a free ride to e train station. I feel the owner shld hv e integrity to inform all guests of e closure

It ws really hard to find. There were no beds, just matress peds not even matress. I had to stay in a small room with four people and we were almost sleeping together on the floor. If you like intemacy with people you do not know (because you will sleep right next to them) and if you do like sleeping on the floor then it's a heaven for you! Staff was really helpful. He helped me to find another hostel!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Very conveniently located at a walking distance away from the Taroko Visitor Center. The only thing I don't quite like was that the exact opposite room is a shared bathroom.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

There were some problems but these were dealt with promptly and helpfully by the staff

Didn't managed to stay a night at the Hostel because I have to rush back to Kaoh Shiong on the same day of my arrival because of a personal emergency. But I did have a very nice experience of the hostel and its manager, Ken. He is very helpful as he provided me with excellent advices on how to navigate the Taroke Gorge on a very tight schedule. Moreover, he went above and beyond his call of duty and offered to drive me back to Hualien from the hostel to catch the last train out of the city.

• 28th May 2014