Tas D'Viaje Hostel Reviews

Calle 24 entre 28 y 29, Punta del Este, Uruguay

This hostel would be really cool in high season but I was there in low season and it was very quiet. The location is great, right on the peninsular near the beach. The hostel has bikes and other things for rent which is fun. The lounge room facilities were good, with lounges and a TV. The shower facilities and dorms were pretty ordinary to me, but no worse then other hostels. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

The place is in great location. Large house, with a good space for barbecuing, entertaining, or relaxing. The guy from the bar is a really good-mood person. The room I've stayed was not that large, very humid, the fan was pratically on top of my head (literally), there was no lockers in it (lockers are located in other place of the house), but very quiet eventhough it was close to the bar. The bathroom on the room soaked.

Very nice hostel, good atmosphere, clean and great staff. Stayed for 4 days and didn't have any problems, breakfast still good and they have a nice bar too. I recommend ;D.

Awesome staff! I had a greta stay here :-)

Good hostel with excellent staff. The location couldn't be better and the the set up of the hostel was great. To no fault of the hostel, the atmosphere seemed to be lacking. The hostel has an awesome bar (shout out to philipe) and also on bbq night but it just seemed like most guests weren't up for it. All in all, I would definitely recommend the hostel due to location staff and set up of the hostel!

The hostel is in a good location, very easy to find everything. Super quiet when we went over Christmas so spent it with each other ... The bar looks good but was dead when we were there. Our room was nice and the dorms looks ok too. The kitchen is small but decent. I'm not sure how the kitchen would work when the hostel is fully booked though? There breakfast was toast, cereal, some fruit and tea and coffee same as everywhere. Nice hostel.

The staff were great, very friendly, and helpful. The only bad thing was the cleanliness of the beds and bathrooms. The toilets were constantly clogged, the shower curtains had black mold on them, and the water was salt water. Also, the bed I slept in had bed bugs, and as a result I left with bed bug bites covering my body. This is my first time ever getting them, so I had to research how to take care of them, which means A LOT of work. Needless to say, that aspect of my stay really sucked.

• 18th Dec 2013
  • christinajohnson5501

Great location for Palermo Soho. Nice modest terrace where guests can mix and mingle. Price of Beer is good. Staff were helpful and friendly. Muiy Biene

• 17th Dec 2013

The hostel wasn't very active, breakfast was poor and the lights in the bathroom from the back didn't work. Hopefully they fix all this for the upcoming season.

The staff was friendly. The kitchen was great. The location on the peninsula and near the beach was convenient. More outlets would've been great.

Truely wonderful atmosphere at your place, nice mix of action in the common areas at night but still not feeling disturbed in the room and able to sleep, most welcoming and helpful staff, and great service... very happy that I have found you!

• 7th Dec 2013

One of the lads got the ride so he thoroughly enjoyed it!

• 4th Dec 2013

Very good hostel with nice location, perfect breakfast but the kitchen could be more clean (also the guest refrigerator). The provate room is very simple but exelent for a couple.

Nice friendly staff and a good location. If you are looking for a quiet hostel this probably idn't the place for you as tne courtyard is rught outside the roos. However, we foud it nice and ciable. Good kitchen and ok showers.

Great Location! I always come back there when I´ve a few days for rest! One block to the "La Brava Beach", one block to the main street Gorlero with very good restaurants, supermarkets, stores to shop. It has a very fresh area at backyard with many trees, plants where you can drink a cool beer after the beach. The breakfast is delicious & unlimited :cereal, milk, coffee, toasted bread, jams, milk candy, fruits. (I always take the Delux female room w/priv bath, which is at the backyard). Thanks!

Great value double room with ensuite! Basic breakfast. Wifi in rooms, good shared areas. Great place to stay

Great and friendly staff. Everything is really clean. Breakfast is OK. Best location ever! It's a great place to meet nice people and make good memories. Sorry for so many adjectives but that's what it is. Saludos!

It's hard to review it, cause when I went there it was almost empty. But I think in high season it's a good place to stay and meet people. I liked the big dorms and good clean bathrooms. The location is very close to the bus terminal, so if the weather is bad you can take busses to beautiful Punta Ballena (Casapueblo is amazing) or to the shopping mall.

The location is really good and it's a really cheap hostel but my girlfriend got bitten by bed bugs!!:( Staff was friendly and helpful. We chose this hostel because 2 other hostels were closed (low season). Not much to do there (and in Punta del Este in general) this time if year

Sadly the hostel was empty during the time I stayed here (I had the 12 bed dorm to myself), but I can tell this place would be great in summer! The common areas were well maintained and it looked like they had a large outdoor space in the back. The breakfast had a good variety of items and the bathrooms were clean. It's located two blocks from the beach and three from the bus station.

View all Punta del Este Hostels