Tasman Bay Backpackers Reviews

10 Weka Street, Nelson, New Zealand

Such a great atmosphere! Really friendly people, and the pudding is amazing makes for a great social hour!

you have to walk a little to get to the city but everything was great there. The pudim at 8 pm was always delicious and everyone made a line to get a piece of it :) I enjoyed my stay here and if I have a chance to come back to Nelson definitely I would stay again here.

Only one night in Nelson- but I got a great feel of the hostel! The staff was so knowledgeable and nice- and they have really great bikes you can take out for free to ride around town! Also, the nightly free chocolate pudding and ice cream is super good- and was a great way to get people in the common area to hang out! I met some really cool people while staying there.

I stayed here over Christmas and New Year and have recently been back! I love this hostel and the staff are always so helpful, friendly and welcoming! I actually rang up on the day that I needed a place to stay and they rearranged and checked for cancellations and got me a bed! It's a perfect location - super close to to the beautiful river and also a short 10 minute walk into town. It is also really clean and the people this hostel attracts are always respectful of other people in the room.

Very nice hostel with a good vibe. Big kitchen and good commun space. Nice outdoor space with fresh herbs for cooking. The free bikes to rent are a good option to visit the city (because the hostel is a bit far away from the city center) and to go to the beach. The chocolate pudding is definitely a good social activity!

Pretty happy there. It's a really neat spot, definitely my first choice if I come to Nelson again. An advice to everyone - don't forget to ask back for key deposit. ;)

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

Wifi was great and unlimited. Great beds and toilets. Clean and helpful staff. The free chocolate pudding with ice-cream is awesome. Would definitely stay here again. Could have more power sockets in the bedroom.

A really good place to stay in general. I know that noise levels are difficult to keep down in a place with so many people staying (AND the place was packed) but the noise of creaky floors and people chatting in the next rooms really did make it difficult to sleep. VERY friendly and helpful staff and VERY clean and roomy. Kitchen facilities are awesome. I only marked the security down because the motorbike parks are very close to the street and we would have preferred our babies nearer.

I love their free dessert chocolate rice pudding and ice.cream.I also liked the place and rhe staff was helpful and lovely.

Very nice hostel :) the outdoors, the room, the kitchen, common areas and bathrooms were excelent. thank you!

I spent 3 days including Christmas eve and xmas. Kitchen is one of the best I've seen. Comes with every thing you need and sharp knives! 🙂 Remarkable atmosphere! Guitars are available to play and just a short walk to the city center. One of the best hostels I've stayed at worldwide

Sort the fire alarm out 7:00 am 3mornings out of the 7 I stayed!! Other than that a top place.

I loved it here! Really peaceful place with a great atmosphere. Staff very helpful. Good facilities and the free chocolate pudding was amazing!

Tasman Bay has a great, comfortable feel with large common room, nice kitchens, and a lending library. Dorm beds were notably uncomfortable (even for a hostel) but everything else was great. Friendly, helpful staff.

seems to be more a party place, which is a bit annoying, when you have to get up early. it was really loud (indoor & outdoor) way after 11:30pm, even though i kindly asked people to keep it down a little. the closed windows wouldn't help either. the chocolate pudding was finished at 08:05 already, so be sure to be there at 8 pm sharp! the staff was very friendly & helpful. and the bed (no bunks in my room) was great.

This was a lovely hostel. 10 minute walk from town. They gave us a double private room and put an extra mattress on the floor when we needed a room but all dorms were fully booked and only charged the price of a dorm. Wifi was really good and the free chocolate pudding and ice cream was amazing at 8pm. Kitchen was a little small but clean enough. Would definitely stay again.

My only negative about this hostel (and it's my own fault) is my bus left before reception opened, so I left my key deposit there. Otherwise everything was fantastic. The owner picked us up from the bus stop, he gave excellent recommendations. The wifi was excellent, and the pudding. The pudding was delish. If I make it back to Nelson, I will definitely be staying here again, but this time I will remember my key deposit.

Great place!

Great place! Very nice staff and location. Best hostel in NZ so far! Make sure to be there at 8pm for the daily treat!

Nice hostel, loved the beds in the 4 beds dorm (where I did stay for 3 nights -2 before Abel Tasman, 1 afterwards): 3 bottom beds and the top bed wasn't straight on the top of someone else. Free coffee and tea was a nice touch, as well as the free chocolate pudding every night. Laundry facilities are good, heaps of room to dry everything outside. About 10minutes walk from the Isite (15 from the library and the supermarket Countdown). Good free wifi, lots of board games. Recommend it!