Tasman Bay Backpackers Reviews

10 Weka Street, Nelson, New Zealand

Absolute awesome place to stay! It's only a 5/10 minute walked to the city centre but there is so many things that make up for it!! Free hot water bottles (for winter on the cold nights) free bikes, free wifi, free pudding and free breakfast!! This place feels so homely and the shared dorm I was in wasn't those horrible metal beds, it was wooden so your not woken up by the person sleeping below or above you :) I loved the place so much I ditched YHA to come back here!

A little out of the centre - prob 20 mins walk but a nice one and no real hassle. The hostel is very well run with welcoming staff and good atmosphere. Booked 1 night originally and ended up staying 3. The guys helped with booking a couple of tours and were really informative on things to do in Nelson. Unfortunately missed out on chocolate pudding at 8pm each night as was always out but a great idea to get people talking. A brilliant place to stay and would definitely recommend.

Only stayed for one night but great facilities and nice staff...WiFi was perfect!!

Unfortunately I only stayed here for two nights, but the atmosphere was nice and the facilities are excellent. I really appreciated the free unlimited WiFi and the server with movies (although I can't imagine the latter being legal).

Really nice hostel, helpful staff and a nice free breakie and hot choc pudding that's always nice! a bit out of the centre but intercity can pick up from outside which was just great for lazy people like me! Thanks guys!

Uli was an awesome source of knowledge for things to do in and around Nelson. The hostel is around a ten minute walk from the middle bod town, but excursion and Intercity buses will pick you outside the door. Free breakfast is always welcome. Make sure you're on time for free chocolate pudding and ice cream!

We stayed here for 3 nights in a dorm room. Dorm was very small, not enough space for everyone's bag! We also had a small kitchen beside our dorm but people were always cooking in it so we never got a chance to use it

Staff was great, picked us up from the bus stop, told us things to do, arranged a taxi. It is a bit of a walk to town but not far (probably too far to walk comfortably with baggage), it's close to the water. They had pudding at night which was great. Our room was decent but we shared two toilets, one small sink, and one shower with another dorm. That wasn't ideal.

Friendly warm and comfortable

• 30th May 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best backpackers I've stayed at. Great large common areas conducive to meeting new people, really fast unlimited free wifi, a whole host of free movies to watch on their server and free chocolate pudding and ice cream every evening! The staff are really nice too!

Nice place and chocolate pudding!

book at double bed room, towels and soap included. lots of sockets for charging. free choc pudding and ice cream at night. free lemon, grapes, cranberry, feijoa, herbs in the garden .