Tasman Bay Backpackers Reviews

10 Weka Street, Nelson, New Zealand

Had a great stay here, would recommend!

• 28th Mar 2015

This hostel is excellent. We loved the helpful friendly staff, the relaxed and cheerful atmosphere and the thoughtful touches such as pictures on the walls and warm, bright paintwork, that make the place so welcoming. The kitchen is in very good condition and most of the equipment is good (time to toss out those scratched frypans guys). Everyone loves the chocolate pudding and there's always a crowd waiting for it. We intended to stay three nights and ended up staying a week.

• 24th Mar 2015

Exceptional service, cleanliness and friendliness. Very very well organised facilities.

Amazing. Ticked all the boxes and then some. And then some free chocolate pudding.

The hostel is located 10 mins walk from the information center and the facilities (kitchen and toilets) are big and clean. Free bicycles and internet. Every evening a delicious chocolate pudding with ice cream is served around 8 pm. I was in a mixed 4 beds room, clean and big with places to store the suitcases and hang clothes. I would recommend it.

We loved this place. Great feel and the staff was great. They were also alright with us hanging around after we checked out to do laundry and eat. Loved the pudding and ice cream!

I really loved it here! Nice and close to the Nelson CBD but not too close and a super nice room! The free dessert was also really appreciated. Thank you so much to the amazing staff - I will definitely be back.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff are really nice and helpful enjoyed the stay

Spotlessly clean, thoughtfully decorated rooms, sociable atmosphere , this hostel deserves a 5 star rating! Very helpful front desk

Very nice place to stay, cute, clean, safe, close to the city center and not too expensive.

One of the best hostels I stayed at on the South Island, the atmosphere the staff have worked to attain is superb :)

Thanks for Picking up. Very good of you. Very friendly staff.

An amazing stay. Would recommend to others and would definitely come back! Thank you :)

Loved staying here. It's about a 15minute walk to the city but really didn't seem that far at all. The staff were beyond amazing.. My friend and I had bad luck with our travel plans so had to re-book all of our hostels twice and these guys were more than accommodating in helping us. No problem refunding on the spot. In a time of panic they were so welcoming and reassured us that they would do everything to help. Really, really recommend staying here.. and the beds are super comfy!

Amazing staff, chilled out atmosphere, comfy beds and lovely people. Really recommend it!

Great place although a bit far from city center. The staff is super friendly and the rooms are good sized.

Loved this hostel. Pudding is awesome! Very quiet and sweet little garden hostel, cool vibes and free wifi but with an effort to create a no-device community at night, which I truly appreciate. staff were extremely accommodating, held my luggage for free while I did Abel Tasman Track. Had an extra kitchen off of our room. Only complaint is not enough showers!

Had a lot of fun at this hostel, really nice outside area, perfect for summer. Not far from local amenities, comfy beds.

very good hostel an pleased with my stay there

A lovely, comfortable space to use as a base for surrounding activities and to meet other travelers. The setup is perfect for socializing and relaxing. And the pudding makes it even better!