Tasman Bay Backpackers Reviews

10 Weka Street, Nelson, New Zealand

Great hostel with a very homely feel... Chocolate pudding is the best!!

The men at the front desk were incredibly helpful and flexible. They have a really good vision and the overall atmosphere is better than at most hostels. All kiwi music! But while I was there, the place was completely taken over by loud, obnoxious, insular woofers. I was there three nights and none of them even made eye contact with me. What is worse is that they were so loud that I couldn't talk to other travellers. The managers should put better limits on them and break them up somehow.

The free breakfast and the pudding were both amazing, the staff were super friendly and helpful, and the wifi was really fast.

The staff was so helpful getting settled! Everyone was so welcoming and fun to be around...such a great atmosphere!

Loved my stay at Tasman Bay. Really nice free extras, such as wifi and the brilliant chocolate pudding every night, made my stay really enjoyable. As a female travelling alone I found the hostel really welcoming with a great atmosphere.

Friendly, helpful staff. A really nice setting and atmosphere.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Free pudding & ice cream every night is a very nice treat.

Absolutely loved this hostel! Paid for a day and ended up staying 5! Staff were great. It's a place were people seem to get stuck. And of course the pudding was great!

Loved it. Very home-y, social, nice, and charming. The location is okay, and might be one of the best, relatively speaking. It's a small community and not many hostels so it may be one of the better locations since I did not see any that were more central.

This is a fantastic hostel - the owner was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The free chocolate pudding is most welcome in the winter months. The perfect place to return to after the Abel Tasman coastal trek. I'd thoroughly recommend this hostel.

Good choc pudding and breakfast. Helpful staff

Nice and clean Hostel. Awesome atmosphere with the wood fire oven in the common area. Managment friendly and always available. Big breakfast everymorning. Kitchen cleaning twice a day, which is rear in a hostel. Internet not always fast and most of the time cant get the signal from my room, but it's ok as long as there are always people around for a chat.

Probably our favourite we've stayed in, in NZ. Atmosphere was great, rooms were lovely and cosy. Free pudding was mouth watering and a lovely addition! Would definitely recommend to any staying in Nelson.

Such a nice hostel - lovely rooms, warm communal area with fire, delicious free chocolate pudding and such a good free breakfast too. Wish we had longer at this hostel, would 100% recommend

This hostel location wasn't to bad, it was walking distance from all the shops so that was nice. One thing I loved, were the chocolate pudding, SO GOOD!! The atmosphere was descent, not to hard to make friends which was good. They also offered breakfast. It was good value for money overall in my opinion.

Best hostel ever! I definitely recommend this hostel to everybody. The beds are very comfy and the rooms are clean. The atmosphere is cozy and friendly. Very easy to meet people. Also every night they have a delicious chocolate pudding with ice cream for everybody.

one of the best hostels i've seen so far, everything clean, great rooms, nice staff

Very nice hostel, very clean and nice Staff, got picked up from the Bus station

Wonderful warm and quiet hostel, large clean rooms, comfy wooden beds, super clean bathrooms and and common areas. Great free chocolate pudding and free bikes. Walk to town 10-15 minutes, but that is no problem.

Loved this hostel. Home from home.

« first « Prev 1 2 3