Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

Had a really amazing stay here. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the facilities were excellent. The breakfast was very carb heavy, however there is a clean, well equipped kitchen for you to conjure up your own culinary delights. Not forgetting the utility room so you don't need to travel with a suitcase/backpack full of dirty clothes. 😃👍 amazeballs!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Tasso hostel is housed in a truly amazing space. The old theater is in a quiet but cool district. There are great restaurants, bars, and cafés in very close proximity. Definitely has an authentic feel. Staff is friendly, I was welcomed after my day of travel with a complimentary cocktail. The first two nights, birthday parties were hosted in the main space, and on both occasions I was fed and welcomed to the celebration. Breakfast is modest, but the coffee is good.

• 22nd Nov 2014

In my opinion the questions asked here make for a somewhat misleading rating. the facilities are excellent, the decor is stunning, and the DAY STAFF is very nice, but this hostel definitely tries to be a party hostel. If you want any sembalance of quiet at night do not stay here. It is also comparably very expensive, and did not appreciate having to argue with the night staff about the noise level when the staff members were the only ones partying and causing the noise.

Everything was ok but there is ample scope for improvement in the quality of breakfast to be served. Location is very good , quite and pleasant but locating the property is somewhat not easy

I slept in room 10, the heater did not work well and how the window and facing the bar, I had a little trouble sleeping because of the noise. Other than that everything great.

They have a very nice bar, a patio and a big kitchen where you can cook (I did). Be aware though that bar people are kinda loud when smoking at the patio, so you either join them or tolerate.

Amazing place, the cleanest hostel we stayed in. The staff was very nice and helpful, at your arrival they offer you a free drink in the living room/theater. Breakfast was good, the room was very clean, bathroom too, we highly recommend!

This place is happening. If you like music and life you'll like your stay here.

everything was good, only wifi a bit weak.

Tasso Hostel has a really good interior, everything was really clean and the staff were all very helpful. It took us 20 minutes to walk to the Duomo, maybe 15 to Ponte Vecchio, and the neighborhood was fine. We really enjoyed our stay here.

I would like to recommend this hotel, It was really good, clean, there were people to talk or have a good time, funny decorations...

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was a little pricier than others in the city, but with good reason. It is a charming place with very nice rooms with fantastic views, a dope common area with a bar that never closes, a standard free breakfast, a quaint courtyard, and a fantastic owner (I think her name is Romana). The crowd at the hostel was chill, and I ended up going out with them to explore the city quite a bit. It is not a party hostel, but it was live. When I arrived, a wedding reception was wrapping up lol

Definitely the best hostel we've ever stayed at! Even better than the photos! We were sad to leave and I would definitely stay here again and recommend others to stay without a doubt.

I loved the hostel. I didn't know what to think when I read some reviews people wrote about "flash packing". I thought it was a beautiful hostel especially the common area. Only downside was the wifi wasn't as strong in the courtyard or my room but that's also a good thing so I can get to know people in the hostel. Met some amazing people and the staff were super friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Oct 2014

Good location in a quiet area that's a quick 10-25 min walk to any site in the city. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and the free breakfast is good. 6 bed dorm room is HUGE and no bunk beds!!! Everything is clean and modern, but the 1st floor shower easily floods & has a 5 second timer. Pro tip: use the 2nd floor bathrooms. Make sure you ask staff for a free mosquito repellant plug-in to use or you might get eaten alive like me! Common area was quiet but staff said they're fixing that soon!

The staff was great! The facilities almost mimic a hotel in terms of how clean and organized they are. A little far from the center but in the middle of an actual Italian neighborhood which made finding great restaurants that much easier. The atmosphere was laid back but still managed to meet a lot of great people

I absolutely loved this hostel! They were incredibly gracious and helpful! the hostel is definitely a LUXURY hostel! i extended my stay for 3 extra nights because i loved it. The staff go above and beyond to make their guests feel comfortable and provide an extraordinary amount of suggestions for things to do in and around Florence. I cant recommend this place enough!

Although the hostel is a short 20 in walk from the train station, it is easy to find and I liked the quieter location. There is a very nice resto on the same street as well as a small store near by. The hostel itself was very clean,has a lift and serves good coffee in the morning. The rooms are also very clean and fresh towels were provided. Staff were helpful and I also managed to make tour bookings at the reception desk. Slightly more than other hostels in the city but totally worth it!

This hostel was really nice- it looked more like a hotel than a hostel. The only thing is, because it was so large it was difficult meeting other travelers. It would be a lot better if the hostel made the effort to get everyone together for activities, etc. But the room was very nice, staff was really nice, and in a good location.

Extremely friendly staff with great recommendations of things to do, where to eat, drink etc. Rooms and bathrooms were spacious and liked that you got a big fluffy towel on arrival and everyone had their own chair next to their bed in the rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3