Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

I highly recommended this hostel. Really ice atmosphere, and good espresso and bar options which was appreciate. The building and area are really interesting. A great vegetarian friendly restaurant nearby, close to Ponte Vecchio and within walking distance to everything else but also a good distance away. Security was bad in terms of people able to access the six-bed dorm throughout the day and night. Would have been better to have been provided keys or at least some better personal security.

Its quite a big place but spotless clean and has a cool bar downstairs, and a kitchen. It was pretty empty when I was there so not much atmosphere.

Had a very nice stay. The common room was pretty groovy and the staff were very helpful with providing suggestions for places to eat etc. My only issue was that I found my room (10) too cold at night and ended up having to sleep in my down jacket.

Tasso was great! Amazing atmosphere, everything was sparkly clean, and the staff was such a great group of people. The location is in a quiet part of town, but still close enough to walk to all the beautiful sites. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the wifi only really worked in the entrance foyer and not really anywhere else. But, absolutely not a deal breaker. I would 100% come back to stay!!

I decided to go to this hostel because I wanted to meet other people and have a social hostel experience.. This was not the case at all. Although on the weekends they throw parties, they are catered toward the locals and did not make the rest of us feel welcomed. The last night I stayed at plus hostel, which was just as nice and less than half the price. This hostel was disappointing and I wish I had saved my money by staying somewhere else since I didn't get the fun experience I was paying for.

Not your standard hostel! I was in a 3 bed room and it was the size of an 8 bed room in others. The room was good, but didn't lock behind you so it meant that if one of your roommates left after you and didn't lock the door behind them anyone could just walk into your room. The hostel has a max capacity of 25, so I didn't meet a heap of people but the ones I did were good fun. All the staff were locals so gave us good advice, welcome cocktail and heated towel racks!! markets on Sunday in hostel

Had a really amazing stay here. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the facilities were excellent. The breakfast was very carb heavy, however there is a clean, well equipped kitchen for you to conjure up your own culinary delights. Not forgetting the utility room so you don't need to travel with a suitcase/backpack full of dirty clothes. 😃👍 amazeballs!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Tasso hostel is housed in a truly amazing space. The old theater is in a quiet but cool district. There are great restaurants, bars, and cafés in very close proximity. Definitely has an authentic feel. Staff is friendly, I was welcomed after my day of travel with a complimentary cocktail. The first two nights, birthday parties were hosted in the main space, and on both occasions I was fed and welcomed to the celebration. Breakfast is modest, but the coffee is good.

• 22nd Nov 2014

In my opinion the questions asked here make for a somewhat misleading rating. the facilities are excellent, the decor is stunning, and the DAY STAFF is very nice, but this hostel definitely tries to be a party hostel. If you want any sembalance of quiet at night do not stay here. It is also comparably very expensive, and did not appreciate having to argue with the night staff about the noise level when the staff members were the only ones partying and causing the noise.

Everything was ok but there is ample scope for improvement in the quality of breakfast to be served. Location is very good , quite and pleasant but locating the property is somewhat not easy

I slept in room 10, the heater did not work well and how the window and facing the bar, I had a little trouble sleeping because of the noise. Other than that everything great.

They have a very nice bar, a patio and a big kitchen where you can cook (I did). Be aware though that bar people are kinda loud when smoking at the patio, so you either join them or tolerate.

Amazing place, the cleanest hostel we stayed in. The staff was very nice and helpful, at your arrival they offer you a free drink in the living room/theater. Breakfast was good, the room was very clean, bathroom too, we highly recommend!

This place is happening. If you like music and life you'll like your stay here.

everything was good, only wifi a bit weak.

Tasso Hostel has a really good interior, everything was really clean and the staff were all very helpful. It took us 20 minutes to walk to the Duomo, maybe 15 to Ponte Vecchio, and the neighborhood was fine. We really enjoyed our stay here.

I would like to recommend this hotel, It was really good, clean, there were people to talk or have a good time, funny decorations...

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was a little pricier than others in the city, but with good reason. It is a charming place with very nice rooms with fantastic views, a dope common area with a bar that never closes, a standard free breakfast, a quaint courtyard, and a fantastic owner (I think her name is Romana). The crowd at the hostel was chill, and I ended up going out with them to explore the city quite a bit. It is not a party hostel, but it was live. When I arrived, a wedding reception was wrapping up lol

Definitely the best hostel we've ever stayed at! Even better than the photos! We were sad to leave and I would definitely stay here again and recommend others to stay without a doubt.

I loved the hostel. I didn't know what to think when I read some reviews people wrote about "flash packing". I thought it was a beautiful hostel especially the common area. Only downside was the wifi wasn't as strong in the courtyard or my room but that's also a good thing so I can get to know people in the hostel. Met some amazing people and the staff were super friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Oct 2014