Tasso Hostel

Fabulous 623 Total Reviews

• herbert4president7910
  • USA, Male, 25-30
26th Apr 2017

The hostel is in a neighborhood with locals which was cool. I was there on a Wednesday, so the bar area was quiet. I'm sure it's busier on weekends, as is with most hostels I've visited.. I will know more by the time I leave as I have to swing back to Florence and I plan on staying here again (on a weekend!). Free drink when you check in. Decent selection for a hostel bar, although I just had a nice Chianti (no Fava beans tho). Staff is nice, easy to talk to, and have good recommendations

• nicolenadeau
  • USA, Female, 25-30
18th Apr 2017

I really enjoyed staying here. All of the staff were really helpful and friendly. It is a little further away than some other hostels but the walk was nice and I saw many things that I probably wouldn't have if I didn't stay there. The Boboli Gardens are near by and there is a restaurant right on the corner where I had my favorite meal in Florence. I wish I would have been able to stay over a weekend so that I could enjoy some of their in house events; even a couple of locals I met go for those!

• India, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

Great place, short walk from the train station and in a nice quiet part of town. The best part is the decor, loved it. Spacious rooms, that are not arranged with bunk beds but lovely antiques and pictures. The staff were friendly too, and there was a dog! I turned up early so I left my bags there before returning at night to check in.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

Ok this place was great. They have everything you need and it's comfortable. The washroom was individual and the kitchen is clean. I'm not sure if it's always like this but it was more calm than party central which everyone seemed to enjoy though. The only bad stuff was that their laundry was a bit pricy (4 euros for washer and 4 euros for dryer), and though I enjoyed this location (very close to Boboli gardens), some person may prefer something closer to the Duomo.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2017

Slightly away from the hubbub of the tourist attractions but it's just perfect! Staff are really nice and the hostel has interesting events on different nights that aren't really advertised. Monday is movie night and we walked in on some really cool black and white films. Apparently Friday night goes off but it's not a party hostel for short term travellers.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2017
7.4

Florence is an expensive city, and Tasso was one of the few Hostels available that gave people who were on a budget to visit the city without breaking says budget. While the staff seem to be more concerned with the maintenance of the bar than of their guests, the hostel itself was clean and relatively close to the various tourist attractions and the train station. It gave me a roof over my head and food for my stomach, so I didn't have much to complain about.

5th Apr 2017

I really enjoyed my stay in Tasso. It's a super unique place in a quieter side of town. The breakfast was very good for a hostel; high quality pastries, espressos, and cappuccinos included. The kitchen was great too. The only complaint I have is that it can get unbearably loud at night, especially on the weekends. There is a bar downstairs, so the bass from the music makes it nearly impossible to sleep. If you're into socializing, it's great. If you actually want to sleep, try another place.

• georgecrichton9073
  • England, Female, 31-40
2nd Apr 2017

Possibly the coolest hostel I have stayed in!!! Love the decor and edgy feel. Yes...noise does travel but tbh...u pretty much sign up for noise in most hostels. Location was good...did struggle to find initially but asked a lovely lady in the square opposite. I would recommend for sure :)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
2nd Apr 2017

At first we thought we were not central but really everything you need is close. The restaurants were authentic Italian not over priced for tourists. We stayed over a Sunday Monday night where things were quiet but the hostel held a gig night on the Sunday which had amazing local talent, great songs to sing along to and a great atmosphere. The building is amazing! The quirky furniture and artworks. The staff were amazing and super helpful when we arrived and on departure to our next stop.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Apr 2017
7.7

Super friendly staff. Common room area is awesome! Bathrooms regularly cleaned. Kitchen very organised. This place is a hostel/ venue area so often there are events being held. Positive is that it provides entertainment, negative is that it can often be really loud when one wants to rest. Location is okay. Wifi worked well.. overall would stay again