Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

Great place to party which I would have liked to enjoy more if I hadn't been ill. It is a bit of a hot-spot for cool people. If you want quietness do not stay here on Friday and Saturday night as it is party night. Even though I was ill, I felt happy hearing the music and fun floating up from below. Watch out for the push button showers - they sux. It is a great view from the rooms, it is in a leafy area with birds and it is a lovely place for a walk. Awesome place.

• 12th Apr 2014

I loved your hostel. Thanks for all the help when I wasn't feeling well and the excellent dinner recommendations. Ciao!

Lovely hostel!! Tasso not is a typical hostel. Tasso has magic! I love Florence and Tasso too.

It was quite good. Tihs hostel is really clean and good bed. I was 3mixed dorm, huge room. But there was one thing I dislike. A little bit far from city center about 15 mitunea walk distance.

the bathroom was so clean, and the heater worked well. there is a pub downstairs so it's a little bit noisy at night.

Amazing stay! Stayed in twin private and super clean. Staff were super friendly and always happy to help or have a chat or drink or dance or anything else! Romina (I think was her name) was so lovely and helpful and funny. We were staying here on Christmas Eve and looking for somewhere to eat when she told us we were to eat with them instead! It felt like a home away from home, which was great when being away from family on Christmas Eve. Amazing croissants too!

The staff here were great! Can't wait to stay here again

Truly a place with atmosphere, located inside a converted primary school, the aula of which (including stage) is now being used as living and breakfast room. They have parties in that space occasionally, so it is maybe advisable to ask for rooms on the second floor. I stayed up there & had a quiet night despite a birthday party going on at the gound floor at the same time. The location is just on the edge of the city centre, in a quiet residential area, with all major sights in walking distance

A lovely hostel! Very lively. There was a live band on while I was there, which was a nice surprise. Bring ear plugs, though - the dorm I was in was directly above the function room and hallway and it was VERY loud until gone 1am. Of course, you can always go down and join in, as long as it's not a private function...

Great hostel, not a long walk at all from the city center. Staff are friendly and will help you with anything you ask

You have to buzz the door to get in, no keys. The staff is more concerned with the shows that are put on in the lounge almost every day than they are with the hostel, but it's individual beds, not bunkbeds, the bar is cheap and nice and it's close to NOF, where you will be every night until 4am. If you're going to Florence, stay here.

Highly recommended. Enjoyed a wonderful few days in Florence based at the calm, cool Tasso hostel. From special drinks on arrival (on the house), to well designed and styled fresh rooms and unwavering smiles and advice from the friendly staff, the laid-back, welcoming vibe complete with buzzing music nights was hard to say goodbye to when it was time to leave! Would go back in a flash. Thank you Tasso.

• 27th Oct 2013

It was a wonderful experience. The hostel was slightly out of the way but well worth it due to the amenities and the overall atmosphere. Everything in Firenze is within walking distance, so the location was not a problem at all. There is a fantastic open common area with a stage for live music as well as a bar that serves a wide selection of drinks. The coutyard provides a perfect location to meet new people and hear new stories. I would highly recommend this hostel.

My favorite hostel that I have stayed in!!! The atmosphere was wonderful. Every night you will meet someone new, and everybody was so friendly. There is a full kitchen in case you wish to use that, and the location is only about a 20 minute walk from both the train station or the Uffizi gallery. There is a large common room with a bar. The rooms are very no-frills, but there are lockers and outlets.

Great atmosphere. Very helpful staff. A little far from the city center (about 15-20 minute walk), but the walk was enjoyable. The only negative was the shower on the floor I was staying on was broken. Overall, I would recommend Tasso Hostel.

Very nice hostel in an old school building. They've got a theather in-house which they use on some evenings for shows, dj's, which is great, but do remember to bring earplugs if you want to sleep. One thing that needs to be improved: internet doesn't reach the rooms, only the shared areas.