Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

Awesome atmosphere, which I could have stayed longer!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Met some great people. The only thing that I found odd was their key policy. You have to buzz in and pick up your keys each time you're back in the hostel. They say it is so they keys don't get lost but there was a worry that anybody could pick up whatever room key they asked for due to staff changeover not knowing their faces.

I just stated here with a friend and we kept saying to each other: "we're really happy here". From the welcome drink to a friendly face welcoming us back to the hostel at all hours to the really cool decor, this hostel has it all. Florence is small and Tasso is in a much more residential area. Getting to sights was about a 15 min walk for us, but we really enjoyed it and there were some easy landmarks to help navigate. As first timers in Florence, we're very glad we booked here.

• 19th May 2015

Easy walk to the center of Florence. Friendly and accommodating staff. Comfortable lounge and lovely courtyard for socializing.

Staff was super helpful with planning and made great recommendations for food etc. really neat to have a more local night scene right in the hostel. a little loud but that was fine by me. Lorenzo and all of the staff were great.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The only thing i didn't like were the lockers in the room (I was in the first floor 8 bed dorm). The lockers were very rickety and impossible to open without waking the entire room. Because of this I didn't use them. We also didn't have a key or anything for our room so anyone could walk in and go through your stuff, which was a worry for me during the parties that you throw on the weekend, as nothing stopped anyone from going up to the dorms.

• 12th May 2015

absolutely FANTASTIC!! you mustn't miss out the weekend event!

Brilliant place possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed in a choice of muesli for breakfast would have made it even better!

we have stayed in many hostels across the world and Tasso Hostel is by FAR the best one we've ever stayed at. It was SUPER clean, and the atmosphere was so nice. What a nice welcoming place to stay when arriving in crazy Italy. We arrived on a Thursday night, it was nice and quiet so we got to do some laundry and catch up on sleep. The Friday night was more lively with a DJ. We met lovely people. Just a short walk from all the sites, yet outside the touristy area, which was great!

The best hostel I have been in Italy. Great facilities and I really liked the terrace. Really nice people. Probably the best price/quality in Florence.

The hostel is very clean, interior is lovely and the staff is just the cherry on top! I felt very welcomed and the atmosphere is really good, i can't even imagine what would that be like in summer. If you are traveling alone you have a chance to chat to other travelers in the bar or in the garden and they also have a lovely kitchen where you can cook or just sit and chat. My chest was heavy leaving the place and this beautiful country! Hurry up and book it already! :) Thanks Tasso! Annamaria

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

I had to leave a review because someone left a bad review recently and it skewed the hostels review to not reflect its actual awesomeness. The best thing about the hostel was how friggen clean everything is, And the staff are just fantastic super helpful, all bilingual, 24 hour reception, security out the ass, just a super experience for anyone goin to florence. Just make sure if you go on a weekend you know what kind of event there having, because its quite the party on saturday night

Amazing! Very relaxed I spent 3 at Tasso- grounded people who run this place, very friendly and personable. Romona greeted me when I arrived with a beer on the house and we had a good chat which was needed after spending several days out exploring alone. Highly secure - I felt safe. The rooms are very clean, (cool industrial/vintage), the beds extremely comfy, bathrooms are modern and the hallways are light, airy with interesting art on the walls. Breakfast was great. Highly recommend.

Hands down the best hostel I have been too, the atmosphere is great and they host so many interesting and fun events during the week where you can meet a lot of people and talk not just with tourists but with the locals of Florence. Most friendly and helpful staff, we asked them for recommendations and they told us about a cool jazz club, places to eat, etc. Great atmosphere, the breakfast is good. No complains about the room nor the bathroom, a bit pricey but well worth it

I was the only guest at the hostel except over the weekend during a hip hop event which I was unaware of during booking. Music blared from 10:00 am to 1:30 am. No access to kitchen from Friday to Sunday during event. Breakfast minimal other than excellent coffees. Beautiful hostel but little opportunity to enjoy it during event and spent most of my time in room while at hostel. Only expensive single rooms available during booking but dorm beds unused while I was there. Very disappointed.

Dear Sandra, Thank you for your booking but let us explain that when you came and stayed with us the whole hostel was booked out solid by the event organizer who took all the rooms except for one for the participants and dancers of the event. All our information online notifies all our clients that there are events going on . The six bed dorm that had "no one in it" was rented out by the organizers to become a changing room. Never the less Tasso aims to push art and the youth and that wed do.

You stay here because the owners are flippin' awesome. We were the only ones here during our stay and they were very accommodating. From restaurant suggestions, making tour reservations for us, advice for the cities we were going to next, etc. They'd wake up with you to provide breakfast/coffee. Plus, it's a super cool building, a renovated school. HOT showers, oh man, that's a rarity. A bit of a walk from the train station (at least 20 min) and to major attractions, but a great little getaway.

I highly recommended this hostel. Really ice atmosphere, and good espresso and bar options which was appreciate. The building and area are really interesting. A great vegetarian friendly restaurant nearby, close to Ponte Vecchio and within walking distance to everything else but also a good distance away. Security was bad in terms of people able to access the six-bed dorm throughout the day and night. Would have been better to have been provided keys or at least some better personal security.

Its quite a big place but spotless clean and has a cool bar downstairs, and a kitchen. It was pretty empty when I was there so not much atmosphere.

1 2 Next » last »