Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

Overall a very nice surprise. The venue is beautiful and the staff helpful, intelligent and knowledgeable. A pleasure to have them around. The best stay in Italy so far. Romina was great.

After weeks sleeping in bunk beds, I really appreciate the single bed. The room I was in was large and roomy with windows. The hostel has an elevator. I love the decor in the common area, and the garden seems nice, though I didn't have time to lounge around. The kitchen is large with plenty of space. You may have to wait for your turn for the shower room.

Was a bit disappointed to hear that the live music thing doesn't happen anymore (although this may change in the future). Nice and airy place with lots of room which was nice except for all the mosquitoes. Great if you want a relaxing place outside the busy part of Florence. Seemed like a bit of an older crowd than other hostels I've stayed at but that could have just been in my case.

The bar area and outdoor area is lovely but I had to give poor for atmosphere as they were always empty! I didn't meet one person at this hostel. There are no locks on the rooms but there are small lockers for valuables.

I loved my stay at Tasso! Very clean, great staff, super cool chill vibe! Although on the other side of the river it was very close and easy to walk to everything and I felt very safe being a girl alone. The only downside is the wifi only works in the main common area and because it's a super cool old building you hear basically everything around you (toilets flushing doors closing that kinda thing) but that wouldn't stop me from staying again! They were AWESOME and very helpful, nice people!

• 25th May 2014

Really cool hostel with a club feel. Has a full bar and gives you a free drink of your choice upon entrance. Really basic breakfast but was appreciated. The place seems like it could be great on weekends but it was mostly empty the one night I stayed, so it was hard to meet people.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed! I got a single room, with bathroom and it was spotless. Nice shower too. The atmosphere is adorable! Franchesco and Jorge were really helpfull, even at 3am. I rented a bike in the hostel and cycle all around the town. The only two bad points. There is no internet in the rooms, only in the comunal area - not nice. And the breakfast was really simple, not enough to hold me up on the trip to the airport in Pisa and then the flight back home.

GOOD: Staffs are nice and speak good english. Wonderful breakfast!! Large room. Clean bathroom. 15-20 mins walk from train station. BAD: The room was full of insects!! We Cloundn't sleep because of them!! It destroyed our trip. The hostel should do something for it! The shower has some problem for draining.

Great Hostel, Big kitchen, nice rooms, wonderful place to relax in the sun, friendly people everywhere, clean bathrooms,... Not so good: check in at 3 PM...and always playing music at the bar downstairs - how about some time in the day without? Silence isn't a bad thing. Anyway, excellent hostel!

The breakfast is very poor, everything else is great about the hostel.

Clean and spacious rooms, nice breakfast. One of the best hostel experiences I ever made, great helpful staff. Definitely above Florence standard, I've seen other hostels in Florence but this one is way better. I recommend this place.

• 28th Apr 2014

Great room with nice and clean shower, very good value for money. Too bad, there is no event going on anymore due to government policy; otherwise, it will be a perfect hostel to meet travellers. One thing worth mention is that the sheet is too thin and I woke up feeling cold at night when I stayed in April.

perfect hostel for a short trip to the city, outside the mayhem of the old centre, very kind, friendly and helpful staff, beautiful house with garden, clean and quiet rooms!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Austria

The Prices for Drinks at the Bar are somekind of expensive (a glass of whine costs more than in a restaurant, but it seems to be normal at the most hostels....) But everything else is very Good!

While the hostel is very clean and new, I was disappointed with the service. They don't provide soap in the bathrooms (and even toilet paper for 2 of the 3 days), and if you're in the mixed dorm room there is no key for the hostel for the room. When I first arrived, they just let me in and I had to wait around for them to help me because they had just assumed I was already staying there, so they don't really check who is coming and going. Staff seemed somewhat uninterested in my experience.

Dear guest, We are sorry that you did not find soap in your bathroom or toilet paper. You see most of the time when something gets finished the clients come down to us and report that there isnt any. The hostel is run by one person at a time and 98% of our clients let us know that things are out or that they need something so we can help them out. We cannot either assume that you need something or our help if you do not come directly to us and ask. We only have 25 beds so we know who sleeps here

Best place in Florence to stay. Clean and spacious. Chilled vibe.

This would have been the coolest and best value place I stayed in Italy. Easy walk from the train station and the centre of town. Clean room, comfortable bed renovated and clean bathroom. The staff are friendly and will help you with your stay in Firenze Good breakfast with coffee, there is also a bar with excellent wine in the evening. This place is highly recommended and I also highly recommend.

No complaints at all. Good location near bus stop and walkable distance from everything you want to see.

Located in a great area walking distance to everywhere Clean safe hostel buzzing atmosphere Yummy break fast would return for sure

Great place to party which I would have liked to enjoy more if I hadn't been ill. It is a bit of a hot-spot for cool people. If you want quietness do not stay here on Friday and Saturday night as it is party night. Even though I was ill, I felt happy hearing the music and fun floating up from below. Watch out for the push button showers - they sux. It is a great view from the rooms, it is in a leafy area with birds and it is a lovely place for a walk. Awesome place.