Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

The only improvement this hostel needs is their wifi. The wifi there is pathetic. As slow as I remember dial up being in the 90's. Other than that, the place is fantastic

The hostel had its own unique feel being an old school. It had a lot of charm and we were pleased staying there. Its only a 15 walk from the main train station and being south of the river it was nice to be away from the main tourist area.

This hostel is not very convenient to the main sights of Florence but it makes up for it by being located in a cool area that feels more authentic than the other side of the river. It's close to good local restaurants and bars that aren't packed full of tourists. The staff are very nice and helpful. There's no air-conditioning and the lockers in the rooms aren't big enough to lock up luggage. The atmosphere is really cool and the decor is very interesting.

Helpful staff. Not in the city centre, but Florence is not a big city and the distance to the centre is walkable. Quite pricey. We were placed in a 3 bed dorm while we booked a 6 bed dorm free of charge, which was very nice. Spacey, private (one lock for all facilities), clean bathrooms! Very good coffee. Large outdoor area. Good airconditioning. Point of dislike was the fact that a staff member left the front door open for some time, without guarding it (to ventilate I suppose?).

everything was great about Tasso Hostel. the staff is good the place itself is clean and with lots of facilities. breakfast is good as well. good value for money..only one thing ...mosquitoes during the night...even if you put the repellent they still come... i would suggest to buy a net to put in the rooms so that they do not come inside... but apart from this everything was great.

Great place, great service, bathrooms really cleaned, good beds! Had the best time there! Its a bit distante from the center, but that's no probl given that the city is small and you can get any where walking for five minutes.

Everything was excellent: friendly staff, nice breakfast, internet service, good music, and clean rooms and bathrooms. The only downside I see is the location, but apart from that it is a very nice place.

I had a nice stay. The staff was very attentive. It is a bit far away from the historical center, but not too bad if you don't care about walking 10-15 mins.

Tasso is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The trendy décor, relaxed atmosphere, the outdoor patio, great bar, and helpful, laidback & enthusiastic staff made this an ideal place to come back to after a long day of exploring. Only a 10-15 minute walk from the train station & historic center, I felt completely at home in the area, plus there were great restaurants & bars around. Stayed in the 6 bed dorm - incredibly spacious! No locks on doors, but had no worries about it. Great vibes!

Overall a very nice surprise. The venue is beautiful and the staff helpful, intelligent and knowledgeable. A pleasure to have them around. The best stay in Italy so far. Romina was great.

After weeks sleeping in bunk beds, I really appreciate the single bed. The room I was in was large and roomy with windows. The hostel has an elevator. I love the decor in the common area, and the garden seems nice, though I didn't have time to lounge around. The kitchen is large with plenty of space. You may have to wait for your turn for the shower room.

Was a bit disappointed to hear that the live music thing doesn't happen anymore (although this may change in the future). Nice and airy place with lots of room which was nice except for all the mosquitoes. Great if you want a relaxing place outside the busy part of Florence. Seemed like a bit of an older crowd than other hostels I've stayed at but that could have just been in my case.

The bar area and outdoor area is lovely but I had to give poor for atmosphere as they were always empty! I didn't meet one person at this hostel. There are no locks on the rooms but there are small lockers for valuables.

I loved my stay at Tasso! Very clean, great staff, super cool chill vibe! Although on the other side of the river it was very close and easy to walk to everything and I felt very safe being a girl alone. The only downside is the wifi only works in the main common area and because it's a super cool old building you hear basically everything around you (toilets flushing doors closing that kinda thing) but that wouldn't stop me from staying again! They were AWESOME and very helpful, nice people!

• 25th May 2014

Really cool hostel with a club feel. Has a full bar and gives you a free drink of your choice upon entrance. Really basic breakfast but was appreciated. The place seems like it could be great on weekends but it was mostly empty the one night I stayed, so it was hard to meet people.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed! I got a single room, with bathroom and it was spotless. Nice shower too. The atmosphere is adorable! Franchesco and Jorge were really helpfull, even at 3am. I rented a bike in the hostel and cycle all around the town. The only two bad points. There is no internet in the rooms, only in the comunal area - not nice. And the breakfast was really simple, not enough to hold me up on the trip to the airport in Pisa and then the flight back home.

GOOD: Staffs are nice and speak good english. Wonderful breakfast!! Large room. Clean bathroom. 15-20 mins walk from train station. BAD: The room was full of insects!! We Cloundn't sleep because of them!! It destroyed our trip. The hostel should do something for it! The shower has some problem for draining.

Great Hostel, Big kitchen, nice rooms, wonderful place to relax in the sun, friendly people everywhere, clean bathrooms,... Not so good: check in at 3 PM...and always playing music at the bar downstairs - how about some time in the day without? Silence isn't a bad thing. Anyway, excellent hostel!

The breakfast is very poor, everything else is great about the hostel.

Clean and spacious rooms, nice breakfast. One of the best hostel experiences I ever made, great helpful staff. Definitely above Florence standard, I've seen other hostels in Florence but this one is way better. I recommend this place.

• 28th Apr 2014