Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

Great place with excellent facilities. It's a bit of a walk to get to everything but some people would like that it's a bit quieter. I'd rather be closer to the sights etc. Really fun place for groups but tough to meet people for those traveling alone. Also age range can be quite large. Finally, there isn't music every weekend as advertised so don't expect it unless you look at the calendar ahead of time. Helpful staff

A very enjoyable stay all staff and owners very helpful and friendly and would highly recomend this hostel to all travellers

• 12th Jun 2015

really cool hostel, a bit of a walk to the main sites as its on the other side of the river and buses and taxis are unreliable in florence. the hostel was very clean. the door handles were loose so it was hard to open, close and lock doors. the staff were helpful and the breakfast was quite good.

Tasso Hostel is a cool place with nice decor and a neat vibe. I heard from other guests that it was SUPER loud on nights with concerts, so be careful if you aren't into that. Super friendly staff and delicious welcome drink. Only 2 toilets and 2 showers for 6-pax dorm but it was never a problem. Lockers, reading lights, 1 personal outlet and chair next to bed. No bunks! :) Common area is the concert hall. In a peaceful, less-touristy part of Florence, but still can easily walk to all the sights.

Awesome atmosphere, GREAT staff, comfortable and clean room and bed. Only complaint is that it can be really loud late at night if you're needing to sleep instead of socialize, so bring earplugs. But, if you like socializing and making friends over a few drinks, this is the place for you. So many interesting people were here. It's a tad far from the center since it's on the other side of the Arno, but the neighborhood is really nice and it isn't hard to walk anywhere you need to go.

One of the coolest hostels I've stayed in. Decor is funky and pretty, kitchen is perfect and the garden is amazing. Staff was cool and helpful. Free coffee and yummy croissant every morning! One of the showers has one of those buttons you have to push every 5 seconds haha but the water was always warm. The room was huge! I could do cartwheels! And there are lockers. Location is good because well, Firenze isn't a huge city anyway. I really loved this hostel and I hope I can visit again one day!

Location was much further than indicated. At least a 20 minute walk to the duomo. Otherwise very cool hostel

We had an amazing time at Tasso Hostel, the set up with the massive courtyard and bar inside area meant that it was easy to make new friends. The staff were very friendly and helpful with anything. The hostel is a bit out of the way but well worth the walk for the fantastic atmosphere. Best best hostel!

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Literally one of the best hostels I've ever been to during my Euro Trip! if you come to Florence and never leave the hostel you'll still have an amazing experience. The staff and facilities easily make you feel at home. The patio is a great meet up spot to meet other travelers. Free welcome drink and breakfast are the icing on the cake. I definitely recommend this place 100 percent!!

The Tasso is a slam dunk of a hostel. The staff are always friendly and helpful, the weekend concerts are really cool but don't interrupt your sleep if you need to snooze, the kitchen has everything you need, and breakfast is included! It's easy to meet and talk to people, since it isn't an enormous hostel. It's location is great since it's not in the touristy areas, but is also a 10 minute walk from getting to the sights! It also doesn't smell like feet, which is rare for hostels :)

• 30th May 2015

A tad annoying only one ladies bathroom was in order during our stay but didn't affect us too much.

I had an amazing stay. The location was easy to reach and a bit nice to be slightly removed from the hustle and bustle of the city center. Staff was extremely helpful and definitely made a difference in my Florence experience with their recommendations and help. Definitely would recommend. Also the common area is awesome.

Staff were so friendly and helpful right from when I came in to drop off my bag. Breakfast was fantastic - coffee, cereal, crossants, toast. Complimentary drink upon arrival. I stayed in a 6 bed so there was no lock on the door, but there were lockers provided and CCTV in the corridor. I was not worried for a second. The bar fills with both locals and people staying in the evenings which builds quite an atmosphere. The deco is very qwirky. 10 minute walk to centre. Overall loved it!

Best hostel I have ever been in my life so far!

Tasso Hostel have a very nice atmosphere, the staff is great and makes you feel very welcome. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean and confortable. The location is not very close to most turist spots of Florence, but it's a pleasant walk by the river until there.

• 22nd May 2015

Amazing hostel. Friendly and helpful staff, great free breakfast, nice rooms, nice facilities. Location is good, close enough walking distance to the duomo, academia, uffizi, and other major sites. Great atmosphere with a nice bar and common area with a stage. All around amazing hostel, would definitely stay here again.

Hipster vibe. This hostel is huge and has a lot of cool spots to hang plus bicycles to rent! Unfortunately I was only here one night but I was comfortable. They also have lots of bathrooms.

Awesome atmosphere, which I could have stayed longer!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Met some great people. The only thing that I found odd was their key policy. You have to buzz in and pick up your keys each time you're back in the hostel. They say it is so they keys don't get lost but there was a worry that anybody could pick up whatever room key they asked for due to staff changeover not knowing their faces.

I just stated here with a friend and we kept saying to each other: "we're really happy here". From the welcome drink to a friendly face welcoming us back to the hostel at all hours to the really cool decor, this hostel has it all. Florence is small and Tasso is in a much more residential area. Getting to sights was about a 15 min walk for us, but we really enjoyed it and there were some easy landmarks to help navigate. As first timers in Florence, we're very glad we booked here.

• 19th May 2015