Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

The Tasso is a slam dunk of a hostel. The staff are always friendly and helpful, the weekend concerts are really cool but don't interrupt your sleep if you need to snooze, the kitchen has everything you need, and breakfast is included! It's easy to meet and talk to people, since it isn't an enormous hostel. It's location is great since it's not in the touristy areas, but is also a 10 minute walk from getting to the sights! It also doesn't smell like feet, which is rare for hostels :)

• 30th May 2015

A tad annoying only one ladies bathroom was in order during our stay but didn't affect us too much.

I had an amazing stay. The location was easy to reach and a bit nice to be slightly removed from the hustle and bustle of the city center. Staff was extremely helpful and definitely made a difference in my Florence experience with their recommendations and help. Definitely would recommend. Also the common area is awesome.

Staff were so friendly and helpful right from when I came in to drop off my bag. Breakfast was fantastic - coffee, cereal, crossants, toast. Complimentary drink upon arrival. I stayed in a 6 bed so there was no lock on the door, but there were lockers provided and CCTV in the corridor. I was not worried for a second. The bar fills with both locals and people staying in the evenings which builds quite an atmosphere. The deco is very qwirky. 10 minute walk to centre. Overall loved it!

Best hostel I have ever been in my life so far!

Tasso Hostel have a very nice atmosphere, the staff is great and makes you feel very welcome. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean and confortable. The location is not very close to most turist spots of Florence, but it's a pleasant walk by the river until there.

• 22nd May 2015

Amazing hostel. Friendly and helpful staff, great free breakfast, nice rooms, nice facilities. Location is good, close enough walking distance to the duomo, academia, uffizi, and other major sites. Great atmosphere with a nice bar and common area with a stage. All around amazing hostel, would definitely stay here again.

Hipster vibe. This hostel is huge and has a lot of cool spots to hang plus bicycles to rent! Unfortunately I was only here one night but I was comfortable. They also have lots of bathrooms.

Awesome atmosphere, which I could have stayed longer!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Met some great people. The only thing that I found odd was their key policy. You have to buzz in and pick up your keys each time you're back in the hostel. They say it is so they keys don't get lost but there was a worry that anybody could pick up whatever room key they asked for due to staff changeover not knowing their faces.

I just stated here with a friend and we kept saying to each other: "we're really happy here". From the welcome drink to a friendly face welcoming us back to the hostel at all hours to the really cool decor, this hostel has it all. Florence is small and Tasso is in a much more residential area. Getting to sights was about a 15 min walk for us, but we really enjoyed it and there were some easy landmarks to help navigate. As first timers in Florence, we're very glad we booked here.

• 19th May 2015

Easy walk to the center of Florence. Friendly and accommodating staff. Comfortable lounge and lovely courtyard for socializing.

Staff was super helpful with planning and made great recommendations for food etc. really neat to have a more local night scene right in the hostel. a little loud but that was fine by me. Lorenzo and all of the staff were great.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The only thing i didn't like were the lockers in the room (I was in the first floor 8 bed dorm). The lockers were very rickety and impossible to open without waking the entire room. Because of this I didn't use them. We also didn't have a key or anything for our room so anyone could walk in and go through your stuff, which was a worry for me during the parties that you throw on the weekend, as nothing stopped anyone from going up to the dorms.

• 12th May 2015

absolutely FANTASTIC!! you mustn't miss out the weekend event!

Brilliant place possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed in a choice of muesli for breakfast would have made it even better!

we have stayed in many hostels across the world and Tasso Hostel is by FAR the best one we've ever stayed at. It was SUPER clean, and the atmosphere was so nice. What a nice welcoming place to stay when arriving in crazy Italy. We arrived on a Thursday night, it was nice and quiet so we got to do some laundry and catch up on sleep. The Friday night was more lively with a DJ. We met lovely people. Just a short walk from all the sites, yet outside the touristy area, which was great!

The best hostel I have been in Italy. Great facilities and I really liked the terrace. Really nice people. Probably the best price/quality in Florence.

The hostel is very clean, interior is lovely and the staff is just the cherry on top! I felt very welcomed and the atmosphere is really good, i can't even imagine what would that be like in summer. If you are traveling alone you have a chance to chat to other travelers in the bar or in the garden and they also have a lovely kitchen where you can cook or just sit and chat. My chest was heavy leaving the place and this beautiful country! Hurry up and book it already! :) Thanks Tasso! Annamaria

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

I had to leave a review because someone left a bad review recently and it skewed the hostels review to not reflect its actual awesomeness. The best thing about the hostel was how friggen clean everything is, And the staff are just fantastic super helpful, all bilingual, 24 hour reception, security out the ass, just a super experience for anyone goin to florence. Just make sure if you go on a weekend you know what kind of event there having, because its quite the party on saturday night