Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

I just gotta say this was my favorite hostel of the 10 I stayed at during my month trip. all my hostels were great. but this one took the cake. thank you!

It was just an amazing place, previously an school. Very clean, nice friendly staff. You can rent a bike, highly recommended in Florence. Great ambient!

Friendly Staff, Good vibes, room was good enough for a 2 nights stay only drawbacks was the mosquitos and the location was a bit far from a supermarket or a pharmacy

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Egypt

Stayed in a 6-mixed dorm but didn't know why there's 7 beds on the first night. The room had an awful smell but each bed has a light and socket, lockers in the room too but the room I stayed could not be locked, just they had 24 hours reception so I think it's fine. Breakfast was nice. good coffee and croissant. Location was just perfect coz it gave me easy access to all parts of Florence, and just 12mins walk from S.M.N. You can easily meet new frds at the common area.

Loved staying at Tasso Hostel while in Florence! It's located about 15 minutes walking to the city centre which was great as it allowed me to "live with the locals" but still be close enough to experience the highlights of the city. Room and bathroom were clean and decor in common space was very unique. I would stay here again. Also, try the Italian restaurant located at the end of the street. They're amazing!

Easily one of my fav hostels. Great staff, super helpful, and great to talk to. Awesome bang for buck hostel if you don't mind a 10-15min walk into town. Zara the dog was the cutest! Would def recommend others to stay here!

Loved my stay here, probably my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at. The hostel staff is awesome and makes you feel like your at home. I would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Florence and would love to come back myself one day.

The stay was quite pleasant, the rooms only had single bunks and we're quite large which was nice. The staff were quite helpful making reservations and giving tips. As a solo traveller it was quite difficult meeting people here and it was a 15 minute walk to the main part of Florence. the thing that did concern me was security as you buzz in to get into the hostel and to where the rooms are but your room is open to anyone who wants to walk in, they do have lockers though. Would stay again.

My buddy and I stayed here for 4 nights during our Italian vacation. This is by far the best hostel we stayed in. The atmosphere is very cool. The 6 bed dorm room was HUGE. The lockers aren't quite big enough to hold a large backpack, though. From Tasso it's a 15-20 minute walk to the city center. We walked everywhere easily. Great breakfast in the morning. Lorenzo and Federico were incredibly helpful, kind, and accommodating. We highly recommend Tasso!!

• 6th Sep 2015

Was only meant to stay in Florence but couldn't say goodbye to this gorgeous part of Italy and this super cool friendly hostel! Thank you hostel Tasso for making my stay with you one of the highlights of my trip to around Italy. The staff are so cool and not requests was ever too much effort! Location is great.. Not far to walk to get to everything.. Rooms and bathrooms big and clean.. Great lounge area to relax in and enjoy some chilled tunes.. Courtyard garden is perfect for a evening chatting

Very nice hostel! Beautiful area of the city, close to some AMAZING Italian restaurants (my family is Italian, so I know good Italian food), and a quick walk to the main attractions in Florence. Staff was friendly, and they give you free espresso in the mornings so that was awesome! Overall had a lovely stay. My only complaint is that noise really travels in the building, the ceilings are very high and every sound echoes. Other than that, really loved this hostel. Was very impressed!!

• 5th Sep 2015

This hostel is stylish with friendly staff, a cool bar and outdoor area. The bar is actually a bar for outsiders too so there are a number of people in there that are just using the bar. All the facilitates are very modern. My main criticism is the lack of atmosphere. There is little opportunity to meet other travellers so if you are a solo traveller its a pretty lonely experience in Florence. I think that could be fixed if the hostel made the effort to introduce solo travellers to one another.

Thank you for your review.... We always thought that when traveling one must be open enough to introduce themselves to each other. The atmosphere is there a courtyard a bar music. If one does not have the courage to introduce themselves to fellow travelers what can the hostel do. This is why people choose to book at a hostel because it is already an atmosphere to meet people but if one does not have the initiative then nothing really happens. What bartender introduces its clients to each other ?

AC almost means nothing. But dorm is super big.

Awesome hostel, in an old school the common area and bar is an old school hall. Very cool place. Staff are friendly, breakfast is good (croissants and an espresso coffee of your choice + frui and cereals) also, No bunk beds, all single beds in old classrooms. Loved this place.

Tasso was a really calm and lovely place to stay. The staff were friendly and it had a gorgeous ambience. Also there was the sweetest black dog running around who was so friendly and always wanted a cuddle

• 18th Aug 2015

The cleanliness and location were good. I do however have a serious problem with the hostel advertising parties on Fridays and Saturdays when this does not happen. As a solo traveller there was no other people around and zero atmosphere. I left a day early because of this. For a quiet stay yes, social no. the six bed dorm also has no lock on it and the front door to the hostel is left open during the day. Staff are near the door sometimes but not always

Thank you for your review laura, Like most places in Italy on August everything closes. Most travelers that come to Florence, rome of Venice know this because it is the season Italians take their holiday since we too work all year round 7 days a week and come hot summer most musicians and store owners close up. This is why the hostel does not have any entertainment but neither does the entire city, unless you go to the big dance clubs that cater to young sem-break students.

1 2 Next » last »