Tasso Hostel Reviews

Via Villani 15, Florence, Italy

I highly recommended this hostel. Really ice atmosphere, and good espresso and bar options which was appreciate. The building and area are really interesting. A great vegetarian friendly restaurant nearby, close to Ponte Vecchio and within walking distance to everything else but also a good distance away. Security was bad in terms of people able to access the six-bed dorm throughout the day and night. Would have been better to have been provided keys or at least some better personal security.

Its quite a big place but spotless clean and has a cool bar downstairs, and a kitchen. It was pretty empty when I was there so not much atmosphere.

Had a very nice stay. The common room was pretty groovy and the staff were very helpful with providing suggestions for places to eat etc. My only issue was that I found my room (10) too cold at night and ended up having to sleep in my down jacket.

Tasso was great! Amazing atmosphere, everything was sparkly clean, and the staff was such a great group of people. The location is in a quiet part of town, but still close enough to walk to all the beautiful sites. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the wifi only really worked in the entrance foyer and not really anywhere else. But, absolutely not a deal breaker. I would 100% come back to stay!!

I decided to go to this hostel because I wanted to meet other people and have a social hostel experience.. This was not the case at all. Although on the weekends they throw parties, they are catered toward the locals and did not make the rest of us feel welcomed. The last night I stayed at plus hostel, which was just as nice and less than half the price. This hostel was disappointing and I wish I had saved my money by staying somewhere else since I didn't get the fun experience I was paying for.

Not your standard hostel! I was in a 3 bed room and it was the size of an 8 bed room in others. The room was good, but didn't lock behind you so it meant that if one of your roommates left after you and didn't lock the door behind them anyone could just walk into your room. The hostel has a max capacity of 25, so I didn't meet a heap of people but the ones I did were good fun. All the staff were locals so gave us good advice, welcome cocktail and heated towel racks!! markets on Sunday in hostel

Had a really amazing stay here. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the facilities were excellent. The breakfast was very carb heavy, however there is a clean, well equipped kitchen for you to conjure up your own culinary delights. Not forgetting the utility room so you don't need to travel with a suitcase/backpack full of dirty clothes. 😃👍 amazeballs!

• 3rd Dec 2014