Tatamka Hostel Reviews

Tamka Str 30, Warsaw, Poland

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Really nice hostel. I emailed for advice on how to get there from Modlin airport and received a helpful guide. Perhaps you could put that information onto the website too. Such a nice place it seems petty to say we found our ensuite bathroom strange: HUGE space for just 2 sinks with no shelves or towel hangers and then a toilet cubicle with next to no leg room. Vacuuming hard floors each morning was very loud. Great location, kitchen, decor and English speaking reception who are happy to help.

• 25th Jul 2015

The hostel is on a very large road so it's extremely noisy and quite hard to sleep. There are no bathrooms on the top floor, so if you have a room there you have to go down a flight. It's a large hostel and didn't feel very friendly or individual; clean rooms and fine kitchen and sitting area, but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

We stayed in this hostel for two nights. Everything was oké! Especially the kitchen and backyard.

• 19th Jul 2015

Hostel Tamka is excellent in every respect. The staff is accommodating, the hostel is clean and safe. The breakfasts are great. Good kitchen facilities in general. I love the big lockers.

• 17th Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. A wonderful group of friendly Polish girls are always available at reception and the facilities were great, wifi was always fast and accessible, and beds were the most comfortable out of all the hostels I've ever been to. Highly recommended.

This hostel was perfectly located right next to the centre of the town so easy to walk everywhere. The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful too however the hostel itself wasn't very clean. I arrived at my bed having to change it myself as the bed hadn't been made and the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks - although this could be down to the 6 young boys in our room. There was also a robber on the loose which didn't put me at ease. The kitchen however had great facilities.

You get what you pay for, it was an okay hostel, nothing fancy, nice little seating area. Bathrooms are shared with male and females, didn't like this! Lockers are not very stable. I had my phone stolen which was not the hostels fault but they were just okay assisting my needs for help regarding this.

This hostel is clean and cheap, with a nice garden and kitchen. However, when we first arrived, there was a homeless man in our room who smelled very bad. After the receptionist smelled it herself, we were offered a private room (the only room they had left) for one night - and promised this would not happen again. The last night of our stay, we came back into our room and the same man (and smell) was there again! This time, we had to pay extra for another room, which we did not think was fair.

Really nice, clean and comfortable. Really helpful staff. Could have been a.bit of a better vibe sometimes as there was a tv instead of music and no pub crawls/tours offered that i could see, but still good.

Room was incredibly stuffy and located on a major road -> large amounts of noise at night. The other people staying at the hostel were rather unfriendly but apart from that the location was great and the staff rather helpful.

Very good hostel, great location, amazing for the price, and guests are willing to socialise. Outside appearance is very deceiving though. Would definitelt recommend

Great hostel, has a lovely garden which makes a perfect place to chill in the summer. The dorm rooms don't have AC (not surprisingly) so it can get quite hot during.

Hostel was in a good location. Staff were helpful, ask for a map and directions. Place is very clean and beds were nice :-). The atmosphere is average. Nice place to stay though.

Nice and Quiet Place with good facilities.

This hostel was fairly inexpensive for a private ensuite room (~$40/night), but it definitely had some annoying aspects. For instance, there are no towels in the room (??), and there was very little toilet paper in the room as well. The shower did not drain properly either. Also, the Wifi needed to be re-connected *very* frequently, which was a pain. Overall though I was relatively happy with my hostel experience here.

Nice hostel with really friendly stuff. I could leave my luggage already many hours before booking in. The kitchen is good. It takes around 1/2 h to walk here from central station, location is close to main tourist sightseeing road.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Terrible wifi. My friends phone would never even connect. Pretty good location. Nice kitchen. Good common room. Pretty standard everything. The showers were really big which was nice

We stayed in a room for 6 people. Showers were really clean and spacious and we never had to queue for them. Our room was a good size as well. People from the reception were always friendly and helpful. Only downside was the wifi, which didn't really work in the room.

• 27th Jun 2015

Clean and nice hostel. In our stay there was a bunch of noisy and messy school kids which was pretty annoying. The hostel forgot to give us back the locker deposit so remember to ask it yourself. But all in all, definitely worth of staying a night or two.

« first « Prev 1 2 3