Tatamka Hostel Reviews

Tamka Str 30, Warsaw, Poland

Really really nice hostel, from outside it doesn't look like that but from inside it is really nice. The breakfast could be a little better, maybe some additional fruit instead of pickles and corn ;) I ended up buying my own cereal. In the night it can get quite loud outside because of the traffic, but it was okay, I got earplugs at the reception and I always could sleep in these awesome beds (so comfortable!)

• 13th Aug 2015

A nice place to stay with very friendly receptionists & staff! Rooms are spacious & so are lockers. The kitchen is on top game, plenty of facilities too. Location wise it's a bit far away from the centre but nicely located next to the river where plenty of things are happening. Would happily stay here again

Loved this hostel! They have a beautiful garden to hang out in and to meet other travelers. Would recommend this hostel to anyone! Downtown area is about a 20 minute walk.

A nice hostel. Staff was great, the location was a short walk to the old town, and was pretty clean. One of the better hostels i have stayed in.

Although we were only here for one night, I would definitely stay here again. The staff are really friendly and are available to help 24/7, the beds are comfortable and the common area includes a well-equipped kitchen and sofas. The location is also really convenient, and it is located just a short walk from the old town square in one direction (15 - 20 minutes) and the station in the other (30 minutes).

Is nice hostel but when I ask to change the bed they dont let me. I want low bed. First time I count change the bed. I dont why they didnt let. First time happen. Is nice they have washing mashine for free.......

Good location: not far from the old town, the bar street and other places. The hostel was cleaned every day and the beds ready to sleep in. Nice staff. Great kitchen (without good knifes). Currently, there is a building site in front of the hostel which produces much noise. Unfortunately 70€ were stolen out of the room where you can put in your stuff when you've checked out. Might not be only the fault of the hostel.

Nice place, really professionals

Although I paid a deposit and I had a confirmed reservation by HostelWorld when I arrived there wasn't a place for me.Tatamka Hostel sold my place someone else.I stayed without money and place. The staff was very arrogant and I suppose they were drunk. Be careful!

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Really nice hostel. I emailed for advice on how to get there from Modlin airport and received a helpful guide. Perhaps you could put that information onto the website too. Such a nice place it seems petty to say we found our ensuite bathroom strange: HUGE space for just 2 sinks with no shelves or towel hangers and then a toilet cubicle with next to no leg room. Vacuuming hard floors each morning was very loud. Great location, kitchen, decor and English speaking reception who are happy to help.

• 25th Jul 2015

The hostel is on a very large road so it's extremely noisy and quite hard to sleep. There are no bathrooms on the top floor, so if you have a room there you have to go down a flight. It's a large hostel and didn't feel very friendly or individual; clean rooms and fine kitchen and sitting area, but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

We stayed in this hostel for two nights. Everything was oké! Especially the kitchen and backyard.

• 19th Jul 2015

Hostel Tamka is excellent in every respect. The staff is accommodating, the hostel is clean and safe. The breakfasts are great. Good kitchen facilities in general. I love the big lockers.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. A wonderful group of friendly Polish girls are always available at reception and the facilities were great, wifi was always fast and accessible, and beds were the most comfortable out of all the hostels I've ever been to. Highly recommended.

This hostel was perfectly located right next to the centre of the town so easy to walk everywhere. The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful too however the hostel itself wasn't very clean. I arrived at my bed having to change it myself as the bed hadn't been made and the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks - although this could be down to the 6 young boys in our room. There was also a robber on the loose which didn't put me at ease. The kitchen however had great facilities.

You get what you pay for, it was an okay hostel, nothing fancy, nice little seating area. Bathrooms are shared with male and females, didn't like this! Lockers are not very stable. I had my phone stolen which was not the hostels fault but they were just okay assisting my needs for help regarding this.

This hostel is clean and cheap, with a nice garden and kitchen. However, when we first arrived, there was a homeless man in our room who smelled very bad. After the receptionist smelled it herself, we were offered a private room (the only room they had left) for one night - and promised this would not happen again. The last night of our stay, we came back into our room and the same man (and smell) was there again! This time, we had to pay extra for another room, which we did not think was fair.

Really nice, clean and comfortable. Really helpful staff. Could have been a.bit of a better vibe sometimes as there was a tv instead of music and no pub crawls/tours offered that i could see, but still good.

Room was incredibly stuffy and located on a major road -> large amounts of noise at night. The other people staying at the hostel were rather unfriendly but apart from that the location was great and the staff rather helpful.