Tatts Backpackers Adelaide City Reviews

17 Hindley Street, Adelaide, Australia

No internet...

Reading the other reviews I was a bit apprehensive about staying here but for value for money this hostel is perfect. The hostel is not filthy just quite old. I bumped into the receptionist at 7 30 and he was clearing the ash trays and wiping down all the tables in the tv room which is located on outside balcony. The rooms are very hot but we were supplied with a fan which helped the situation. Staff are also very helpful and friendly by showing me around the whole hostel when I checked in.

• 20th Feb 2015

Excellent position and cheap. Not clean at all (bathroom). Bedroom on the average. Free wifi.

Place was absolutely filthy, kitchen was grimy, bathroom made me feel dirty (I had to lock the door by wedging it closed with a knife because it's too much effort to replace the lock). Hairs everywhere. Room wasn't cleaned at all during our 6 night stay not even bin change. Beds were most uncomfortable. "Free wifi" - pretty sure it doesn't belong to them. Vent in room pumps horrible smell into and you can't control temperature or when it's on, so noisy at night. Rude staff. Worst hostel ever.

It is very difficult to find the backpacker. There is no sign there. we waste one hour and ask many people to find it.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • China

Absolutely perfect location, nice kitchen, gets very noisy on Friday and Saturday depending where you are in the hostel but that's expected in a city centre. Overall good place stay, the price is great for the location

This hostel is very cheap and we saved a lot by staying here but you get what you pay for. It is very dirty, and the communal balcony outside our window (a small girls dorm) was the drinking and party area until the early hours. However the location is fab and the parking was cheap. If you are after a cheap and social place it's fine.

The mattress were very uncomfortable to sleep on and the room was so dirty, there was dust everywhere. It smelled quite a lot and probably needed scented candles to freshen up the place. Very quiet place which was good. This is the first backpacker hotel I've stayed in that does not supply towels and it was very disappointing. Good to sleep one night but was glad to leave the next morning.

Good cheap accommodation in a decent location. Bathrooms and rooms could do with upgrading, but for the price was good enough!!! Staff extremely friendly on my arrival. Hard to find from the street as above a pub and has no signage outside...!!

• 6th Jan 2015

The worst place ever. Please do not Book the Hostel. The bed was broken, cockroaches as big as rats

• 4th Jan 2015

We cancelled our booking after a hour because it was to dirty.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Good hostel, alcohol is allowed and wifi :) free washing and clothes drying good location and price good small rooms and small hostel was little bit complaining find I recommend go back

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Estonia

Bedroom above bar, very hard to fall asleep. Beds are clean and comfortable. The rest is clean enough. Hostelworld.com needs to notify customers that the hostel name doesnt appear anywhere, its above a place called little pub or little bar, I dont remember.

• 26th Dec 2014

The staff is nice but seems busy running the bar and casino as well as a bottle shop and hostel. It was quite nosy all night. If you are lookong for a fun nosy spot this might be it. Unfortunately all I wanted was a good night's sleep.

first,it's a little but difficult to find this hostel, because there is no sign around this hostel. I stayed at this hostel for only 1 night. it's good for only 1 night. The room is not so bad.

The kitchen was filthy and there was even a cockroach running around. Everything was put back dirty and the cleaner (who can't clean at all) was extremely rude to my friend and I. Our door could be pushed open even when the latch wasn't on. The balcony area was nice though

• 21st Dec 2014

Close proximity to better things, like the parks.

• 16th Dec 2014

I thought the Hostel was great for my stay. It had all the facilities and help that I needed. One thing though and that is perhaps the air-conditioning was very cold. Perhaps the foreign people wanted it because it was too hot outside but I thought it was too cold.

• 12th Dec 2014

You won't find a hostel in a better location in Adeliade. It is central to everything!! Bars, shopping, sporting precincts and some funky little restaurants. The room itself was fine and the beds were what you would expect for a hostel. However the cleanliness of the showers/bathrooms was probably the biggest let down and slightly off putting. The toilets themsleves were clean, but the showers and floors were very very poor. I would stay again, however hope that the cleanliness improves.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Not very clean, but good value for money. Nice location, free laundry and dryer, not very good kitchen (a bit dirty, messy and not well fitted) but very nice to have a balcony !