Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

Great hostel! Friendly staff, friendly people, great bar! The hostel was clean and the first where I've seen key cards used for both the room door and the locker, which is so much better than keys or keycard+key system, much easier. The curtains on the beds are always a plus.

I stayed in a twin room in a building separate to the main hospital. The room and facilities were excellent, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are friendly and very knowledgable about porto. Brilliant breakfast and chance to go on a free walking tour every morning.

Really niçe hostel with a good location. Staff really helpfull Rooms And bathroom clan. Each bed has curtain, light, And fan. The breakfast is great with differents choice Recommend+++++++++

Very nice hostel, beds with curtains, clean bathrooms, staff was friendly. The location is also good, close to the main city attractions. Free walking tours are organized 4 times per day (!), recommend it. Only downside is that it is perhaps less easy to socialize with other people if you're travelling alone, since it is a very big hostel.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Hello! Thank you so much for taking time to review us and i am glad you enjoyed our facilities! Sorry to hear that you felt difficult to socialize, we do have several social areas like the common kitchen, our big terrace, and some activities to get people closer (ex. free portuguese lessons, "dinner with the staff", BBQ in the terrace, happy hours) but sometimes, when we have groups, i know it seems difficult, but i hope the staff made your stay better! Happy Travels from your Tattva friends

The facilities are very nice. I stayed in a ten bed dorm and the room was very nice with a great ensuite bathroom. The lockers under the bed were very convenient to lock away valuables. The common areas were really cool. The top bunks are VERY DIFFICULT to get in and out of. Breakfast was delicious, although they could have more accommodating hours. All in all, the hostel felt a little bit more like a hotel - great for groups but not ideal for the individual backpacker looking to meet people.

Hello! Thank you so much for your words! We are really happy that you liked our facilities!About the top bunks, we are re-doing it and the next time you come, for sure it will be different! We serve breakfast from 7h30 am till 10h30 am, i sorry to hear that was enough:( sorry, when we have groups, sometimes the hostel feels more empty, but we try to organize activities for the individual traveler (free portuguese lessons, "dinner with the staff", bbq nights, francesinha nights).Love from Tattva

Clean and super cool. The lockers were a great idea and could fit everything I had in there (quite a big suitcase and backpack). Breakfast was the best I've had at any hostel and the outdoor area was the coolest place to chill out. Would definitely stay again!

Great location and helpful staff - recommend walking tours Secure and clean

Absolutely wonderful. Very clean, very organized, very well located, and looks very fancy inside. The beds and locks under the beds are just great and spacious, you can probably fit in it. The staff is just the most friendly and beautiful one can ever get. Seating outside the rooftop was the best, and partying in town with staff was great. 100% guys!

Stayed here for only 1 night, but I would consider staying here again when back in Porto. Dorm with ensuite bathroom was very good, clean and the curtains around each bed gave a lot of privacy. I usually only stay in smaller hostels, but the Tattva was a good choice for this single night!

This has been the fanciest hostel I've stayed in so far. Curtains around each bed was amazing for when you want a bit of privacy. Own little fan plus an air-con in each room was good. The dinner was 10€ and totally worth it. It helped me get to know a few others and the overall vibe of the place was excellent. Large kitchen, bar and a rooftop terrace were exceptional. Walking tour has been the best so far. Showers were a little weird, water would kind of go everywhere.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location close to the railway station. Safe area to walk around at night. Nice terrace. Only problem was that there was no hot water for the 2 days I stayed there. The staff said it would be repaired.

breakfast layout and food presentation can be better and cleaner

Arrived in Porto early so decided to check in & drop off my bags. The luggage room was an unlocked closet & could be opened by anyone at anytime. When I returned I was ready for my card and almost had to wait behind a large group. The staff argued in front of me and then just finally gave me the card. The card was great because it worked for the room and locker. They also said that reception is open 24-hrs and it was not. I was locked out of the hostel until I could find a phone to call them.

Hello. Sorry to hear that. Our Luggage storage is free of charge, it is right in front of our reception. We advise our guests that we are not responsible for any stored items but we are happy to store your valuables inside the reception desk. Sorry about the staff issue, they are very sorry for the inconvenience. The reception is open 24hours, but we close the front door for security reasons and we have a bell that you can ring, so our night guy can open the door for you.love from Tattva

Great hostel !Feels more like an Hotel than a Hostel . Everything that you might need is there . I would recommend this hostel for family and calm vacation . If you want to meet people under 30 years old , make friends and party .. this is not the right place for you . The staff was super nice too , but didn't know anything about the night life as well. Super confortable and clean !

Really nice crew there. Great dinners.

The staff here are wonderful and great to talk to! Also, the nightly dinner is SO worth the price. Great location, good beds, nice hot ensuite showers. I met so many new friends from all over- this hostel makes that very easy!

Thank you!! Hope to see you very soon! Love from your Tattva friends!

A very nice hostel. The beds were incredible, they had curtains all around it so you don't get bothered in the night. The lockers beneath the bed were big so you could fit a lot of things. We had dinner there and it was delicious. The hostel was very clean. The only problem was with the shower, the shower head never stays in place. In general, it's a very good hostel.

Hello ! Thank you so much for taking time to review us and give us such a nice review! Im very happy that you liked your stay. About the shower head issue, thank you for letting us know. Is now fixed! Hope to see you very soon! Happy travels from your Tattva friends!

Really beautiful hostel and very friendly staff. Great installations and beds.

Private rooms are perfect. Our bathroom could have been a little cleaner but otherwise flawless. Rooftop balcony is great for a sun bake and some drinks. Pancake maker at breakfast was a nice touch but some more fruit would have been great. Overall, a great stay and would certainly go again

Hello! thank you so much for your review and to take time to do it. Thanks you for your kind words. im so happy that you liked our terrace. Im really sorry about the cleanliness,we are trying to improve it and for sure the next time you come, it will be better! We have fruit at the breakfast but sometimes runs out more faster than we can refill it, but we try our best to refill it right away.I hope you enjoyed your stay at Tattva and Porto! Love from ur Tattva friends

One of the best hostels we have stayed in. Bedrooms and facilities were fantastic and the staff were extremely helpful. We had the 10€ dinners served at the hostel both nights of our trip,which served great food and wine and were a really good way to meet other travellers. Located in the heart of the city and about a 15 min walk to the Ribera district.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5