Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

1960 Total Reviews

The staff were not forthcoming in giving us tips or helping us during our stay. One of our beds still had dirty sheets on our arrival and we were both locked out of the room and our lockers midway through our stay for no apparent reason. It is good having a curtain for each bunk to give privacy but the bathroom was very smelly as there is no ventilation at all so it remains damp. There was also no where to hang towels to dry in our room. Walls are thin too so can hear other rooms and hallway.

The actual hostel itself was great, but the staff running it made it excellent. They were both warm, knowledgeable and funny. I really enjoyed my time with them.

• 12th Apr 2015

Best hostel in the world ! The staff, the location and the atmosphere are absolutely amazing !

• 11th Apr 2015

There was located good position to move anywhere. Especially, There was very close from rede expressor bus terminal. I easily could go there. The toilet was really clean but I was uncomportable to take a shower without any curtain to prevent my clothes by water. The bed was good. I could write postcards or daily note to use the bed light. I am going to visit here if i travel again.

Rooms were very clean and spacious! The included breakfast was delicious with pancakes and fresh fruit. I would recommend this hostel to other travellers.

The public part of the facilities were great! The bedroom was not. The beds are uncomfortable and there is only one toilet in the room which also has a shower. Nice if you're using but if you have to wait for others to shower to use the bathroom, its not nice. Plus the water from the shower creates a lake in the bathroom and everything gets wet...AND there is no fan so the steam is creating mold in the bathroom, which is not good for the health of the guests.

A great hostel. It has a well equipped kitchen and the place is good. Staff really friendly too.

A good solid hostel. The hostel was completely booked which meant we had to stay in separate rooms but that is by no way there fault. The guys tried to get us in a room together. Very friendly staff. Five mins to centre of town.

Having stayed in other hostels in Porto ( this was my third and last one), and never having written a review in my life, I felt obliged to write about this marvellous place where I made amazing friends. The staff go out of their way to help you. The location is perfect, right on the centre of town. The terrace is just amazing as are the fish in the aquarium. My room was clean, the showers powerful, the beds REALLY confortable. Plus they have a curtain around each bed and 3 power sockets also!!!

wonderful food and wine :-) super friendly staff, you feel like home with friends and family but the hostel is much more stylish ;-) love you all, will be back next week ;-)

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Austria

Crazy Design Hostel. Just have been there for one night, but I really liked it. I felt safe there, especially because of the trunks under the beds. I can really recommend the Tattva.

• 20th Mar 2015

Awesome hostel! Super nice staff! Love your pancakes Andre!

Just perfect!!!

• 18th Mar 2015

Great location! The staff is beyond kind and the hostel does not look like a hostel, totally clean and comfortable 👌

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

THE hostel was great. We loved our stay, the very friendly staff, the breakfast, the bedroom with lovely curtains... And lets not forget the portugian lesson! Next time we will go back to this hostel

This was a wonderful stay and the time spent in the hostel I can recommend it all of you . Rooms are a clean, very good idea of the curtains at the bed.The staff was very helpful, open and vriendly .Taste breakfast and many products . Sign up for an evening dinner with staff- cheap and very taste.Location of the hostel is great quiet and in the center .I hope that will come to you again! Lukas ( POLAND)

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Tattva is more like a hotel than a hostel. Everything was extremely clean and newly renovated and it even had a restaurant and about 4 computers. However, possibly due to its large size, it lost a lot of the personability of a typical hostel. I was a bit disappointed that on a Thursday night there was virtually nobody hanging out at the hostel.

Location is close to the bus station and train station, but the neighborhood is a bit sketchy. NOT recommand walking alone at night. Room is not very spacious.

We really enjoyed the staff, they were friendly and funny. I was impressed by the cleanliness, and the shower was nice. I would definitely stay here again.

Tattva is a really nice place! The only thing I could say is that, for being voted the "Best Large Hostel in the World," the staff could really be more helpful and nice. They weren't rude necessarily, but most of our questions went relatively unanswered. The exception would be the bartender, who was so sweet and went way out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our drinks! The hostel has a lot of cool things going on (dinner with the staff, Portuguese lessons, etc), too. Overall, great!

Hello ! Thank you for taking the time to review us and for ur nice words.Im really sorry to hear about our staff not being that nice. But i have good news for you: we have whole new staff now and really friendly one !Im sure the next time you come, you will love them!! Happy travels! From your Tattva friends!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5