Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

Nice but very few space at rooms ......

Tattva Design is a great hostel. The location is prime, with everything in walking distance. The staff were friendly and funny. The roof terrace is gorgeous and I imagine it would be perfect on a summer day! The beds are easily the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, in a hostel. The dorm we stayed in had really good security with storage lockers underneath the beds and facilities were good as well. We had a lovely time in Porto!

Couldn't call this "a hostel" - it was more like a hotel!!! Really good!!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Latvia

This hostel is perfect. Location is really nice. 5-8minutea from bus station, 5minites from train station. In the room, the bath room is really clean, and locker is really nice. You dont need your own lock. And you can use wifi in the room too. Especially every bed has one electric outlet, and lamp. And there is curtain in your bed, so you can keep your privacy.

The terrace is lovely!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Finland

The terrace is great, and the atmosphere is very chilled. Super hostel with everything you can need and more...

• 18th Mar 2014

Clean and central location. Great value for Money. Loved it

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Spain

wonderful terrace and great ambiance the design is very nice, and many nice touches the beds are confortable and the curtains are great help for sleep and privacy,,

• 13th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel, with all facilities included, the staff was really kind.

Amazing hostel with very good facilities. Curtains around the beds. Fantastic! Decoration, wifi, terrace, staff: all 5 stars!

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

very nice hostel. The stuff was so cool with the portuguese lesson, and we made friends and played pictionary together with other guests, with great music playing.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Great location =) Had the pleasure of staying in one of the private rooms in the new building. Very clean, nicely furnitured, everything you need. Staff members were all very helpful with any kind of demand, made our stay very comfortable and easygoing! thanks a lot and keep going ;) !

• 6th Mar 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 5th Mar 2014

This place feels like home away from home, even though it's quite big. The staff make you feel as if they are your friends for years, and the various common rooms such as the kitchen, tv/meals room, aquarium lounge, terrace, etc make for a nice atmosphere to make new friends. Be aware that the beds are so confortable that they will make you not want to leave. Really impressed with the design. Located close to everything you need in the city centre, this is definitely going to be my home in Porto

The best hostel that I stayed in my lifetime! Execellent customer service and execellent structure!

Lockers under the bed, curtains on all beds. Excellent. We went when it was raining so the patio was closed. I feel the atmosphere lacked beacuse of that. We were only there for one day, and when we asked the staff what we can do... Unfortunetly they had NO ideas. Not one. We asked 3 employees and because it was raining, they said there is nothing to do. VERY disappointing considering we only had one day. Facilites are in the room, which is convenient...but awkward as well.

A colleague and I came on a backpacking weekend trip to Portugal and in an effort to save cash and be youthful we stayed in hostels. I remember from my younger days that Portugals hostels were more like boutique hotels so didn't feel it would be a hardship. As soon as we got to the Tattva we felt old as we were surrounded by tens of early teens on breaks from their semester abroad programs and the hostel generally had less of a laid back friendly vibe and more large-scale and cliquey feel.

Super hostel with great views of the city from the upper floor. Definitely na experience to repeat in the summer when they have their terrace open. Nice, cool vibe. Loved the stay! They have na elevator too

This hostel has it all. Confortable, well thought-out, clean, ... A traveller's Paradise. Have been travelling around Europe and this is for sure the best I have visited. Very convenient location and attentive, helpful staff with a great sense of humour. The breakfast is good, and the best is really the great terrace!

really nice hostel, great staff who were super friendly really enjoyed the Portuguese lessons offered just a bit dissappointed with the confusion over my bed number and how my stuff went missing (which I never got back) overall had a fun time and enjoyed my stay

• 22nd Feb 2014