Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

Great ambiance and wonderful terrace. The design is very nice, and many nice touches. The beds are really confortable and the curtains are great help for sleep and privacy.

One of the best hostels I've been... I would reccomend it.

This hostel is superb! Look no further

• 10th Sep 2014

Very lovely hostel. The owners and staff are very involved which makes the hostel feel a lot smaller than it is. Met a lot of nice people! Chilled out atmosphere. Big recommondation: the dinners with staff and barbecues.

A very good hostel! The only bad thing was that the wifi didn't work in the rooms, just in the comon area.

Hi, sorry about the wifi. Two of our wifi signal repeaters were burnt during a electricity current peak. We have solved this! Happy travels, from your friends at Tattva!

I never give comments about the hostels i pass, but this hostel is so nice so make me fell i need to tell this for the others. This hostel is the best value for money i every had. Clean, safe, well located and the staff is really helpful. So is the best hostel i have been. ;)

Very, very nice hostel. They have thought of all the details, and the aquarium is just mesmerising. The staff are spot on, wth a great sense of humour and always ready to help. Very good location

This is one or the best hostel I've been before. Staff is really kind. They helped me a lot and gave me advice. I also had dinner with the staff the first night. They prepare dinner every day and it's not expensive. I couldn't go to the bbq they have tuesdays and fridays in the roof terrace. So I'm sure next time i won't miss it. I fully recommend you to go there. Porto is beautiful but without tattva it wouldn't have been the same.

Baby friendly staff. Perfect location!

What can I say...? You guys are fantastic! Awesome team, great food, beautiul city, amazing hostel! Thanks for the best stay of my life!

Everyone was super helpful and friendly. Nice Hostel!

Great place, nice staff!!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Everything is good. Except there is no wifi signal in the room. And, there is no air conditioner, only fans.

Hi, thank your for your email. We did have some problems with some of our wifi signal repeaters. There was an elecricity current peak which burnt some of our wifi signal repeaters. This problem has now been solved. Sorry for the inconvenience. Happy travels, from your friends @ Tatttva.

The most comfortable city hostel I have visited so far. :-) Friendly staff and great terrace! However I did feel it would have been better to use cotton for curtains and drapes, since the fabnric appeared to pose a fire hazard.

Thanks for your comment. In fact the fabric used in the curtains has been treated, tested and approved for fire hazard. Hope to see you again soon. Happy travels from your friends in Tattva!

Best hostel that we stayed in, in Portugal. Great facilities, comfortable rooms and an awesome outside area!

Had an amazing time staying at this hostel!! The staff were friendly and helpful and it had great facilities!

We had a great week at Tattva Hostel. The athmosphere was amazing, the staff is really nice and helpfull. The roof terras was perfect for chilling, hanging and meeting new people.

Great value for money. each bed has a fan also a locker and PowerPoint. The atmosphere is ok there's a pub crawl almost every night. Breakfast is average. The hostel is very clean. A few lies I've noticed, they say they have aircon and a travel/tour desk but they don't. The rooms don't have air con and there is no tour desk to help with booking travel arrangements its just reception. Aircon wasn't too much of a problem when I stayed though. Location is great, next to train and bus station

Hi! Thanks for your comments. We have no intention of lying to our customers. We do have air con in our common areas and in the private rooms. In the dorm rooms we have INDIVIDUAL fans for hot days and heaters for colder days. We thought this was the best option as a Norwegian will find 20º to be very hot and a Brazilian will find it cold... Like this, all have individual options. The travel desk is indeed @ the reception, as we feel this makes our staff closer to the clients. Happy travels!

very helpful staff, very clean hostel, I would recommend it to anyone, any age!

Very nice hostel. The staff was so cool with the portuguese lesson, and we made friends together with other guests, with great music playing. The loccation is very good to visit the city and near the bus station as well as the metro and train station. The happy hour at the terrace is a must.

• 27th Aug 2014