Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

I really enjoyed this hostel. So close to everything, too! I'd stay here again if I come back to Porto.

I have stayed in many hostels in Spain and South America, and this was one of the best I have ever stayed in. We stayed in a private room, but it honestly felt like I was in a nice hotel. It was cool, clean, and modern. It has a great roof-top terrace and bar, a big kitchen, friendly staff, awesome rooms, and a good location. I liked this hostel and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• 25th Jun 2014

Great 3 nights. The hostel is located near the Sao Bento tram stop, train station, and 500 bus stop which takes you to the beaches! The rooms cleaned daily, beds comfortable and you are provided with a locker big enough for your entire back pack or suit case, curtain around your bed, personal light, fan and outlet for your use while in bed. Breakfast was typical for a hostel, bread, cheese, jam, nutella etc... But if you opt for the 10 Euro dinner you will be glad! Homemade Portugues meal!!

Nice hostel, friendly staff and very clean hostel. The terrace on the roof is awesome. AC in the rooms would be great during summer time.

• 23rd Jun 2014

No stranger to hostels (6 over the past 2 years) I'm perhaps not your average traveler. I work in London and when I feel I need a break I employ Easyjet and head off on a short adventure (3-5 days) while on annual leave. As a single 32 year old, hostels offer a wonderful opportunity to meet an array of folk and explore a new city. This hostel is the best I've come across. Well run with delightful and intelligent staff. I'm already planning my return. It was that good. Congratulations.

• 18th Jun 2014

Best hostel Ever!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Curtains, fan and light for each bed gives extra comfort and privacy. Breakfast is good. Location is close to train station and metro station.

great hostel, great staff and the room & bathroom was really clean. the location is good, 5 min walk from the metro and 10 min from the restaurants area.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Fun and lively, with lots going on, great facilities and bar. Close to the center of life in Porto. Many thanks

LOVED this hostel. Such an awesome staff. Definitely have the home-cooked dinner while you stay there. It was very easy to meet other travelers and I wish we spent more than just one night there. The facilities are great, too, with a huge kitchen, pretty terrace and big common areas. The breakfast was rather lackluster, though. I would stay here again.

I'm not a big fan of large hostels but I felt Tattva did a decent job of trying to connect guests and make the experience personal. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed there with my wife in a private ensuite room. Do not think of it as your regular hostel, but rather as a high quality hotel with a personal touch. The staff have achieved a level of professionalism which is sufficient to put all other hotels in the vicinity out of business. The product is so much more that the regular hostel offers, that it is in a category of its own. Do try it when in town!

Really nice hostel, big rooms with clean bathrooms and fans and curtains for each bed. Good location, really nice staff dinners and chill out areas. Would definitely recommend :)

Great hostel! Staff prepared, but there are some not so fun and cool, perhaps to be closer to guests (but this're not working out). Return to this hostel and I highly recommend! Very safe (lockers with magnetic card!). -------------------------------- Ótimo hostel! Equipe preparada, porém tem algumas brincadeiras não tão legais, talvez seja para se aproximar mais dos hóspedes(mas isso não tá dando certo). Retornaria a este hostel e recomendo bastante! Muito seguro(lockers com cartão magnético!

Fabulastic hostel! Great buzz, with excelllent staff. Curtains around the beds, buffet breakfast inluded with great variety( including Nutella). The terrace is amazing.

• 11th Jun 2014

Loved my stay at Tattva. The staff were super friendly and you got a real good vibe from the moment you walked in the door. All the facilities were top class and you got a great space to store your bag inside the rooms. Each bed had its own little fan and even a curtain! Will definitely be going back to this hostel if I ever get a chance to go back to Porto.

Awesome place to stay to close to the cathedral and easy access to the Riberia and riverside area and 1 block from San Bento station to the street it is in. Love the rooftop bar area to relax and happy hour. Great free walking tour and 3 course dinner for 9 E is great value and great way to meet people. Love the privacy curtains around the beds .

Best hostel I've ever stayed at and would be surprised if another ever topped it. Hope to return to Porto some day and spend more time with the lovely people who work in tattva and enjoy the rooftop terrace and 10 euro dinner once again!

a bit stuffy in e bathrokm but lovely staff, bed n sangria

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Macau

Dinner with the staff is great and the patio is nice as well. Big rooms are pricy and the bunk beds are very hard to get in. Also the cleanliness is not the greatest.