Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

Great value for money. each bed has a fan also a locker and PowerPoint. The atmosphere is ok there's a pub crawl almost every night. Breakfast is average. The hostel is very clean. A few lies I've noticed, they say they have aircon and a travel/tour desk but they don't. The rooms don't have air con and there is no tour desk to help with booking travel arrangements its just reception. Aircon wasn't too much of a problem when I stayed though. Location is great, next to train and bus station

Hi! Thanks for your comments. We have no intention of lying to our customers. We do have air con in our common areas and in the private rooms. In the dorm rooms we have INDIVIDUAL fans for hot days and heaters for colder days. We thought this was the best option as a Norwegian will find 20º to be very hot and a Brazilian will find it cold... Like this, all have individual options. The travel desk is indeed @ the reception, as we feel this makes our staff closer to the clients. Happy travels!

very helpful staff, very clean hostel, I would recommend it to anyone, any age!

Very nice hostel. The staff was so cool with the portuguese lesson, and we made friends together with other guests, with great music playing. The loccation is very good to visit the city and near the bus station as well as the metro and train station. The happy hour at the terrace is a must.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Simply PERFECT!

• 25th Aug 2014

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff and well organised. Brilliant.

• 25th Aug 2014

`it was a very nice hostel with very nice sleeping areas. `that was the best sleep i had received all week.

• 24th Aug 2014

I stayed in this hostel because I started the Camino de Santiago from Porto, and since I went to bed relatively early, it was nice that each bed had his own lamp and curtains, so you could read and sleep early without being bothered or bothering others.

facilities were amazing, individual curtains for each bed, makes a HUGE difference!! Great facilities!

Really nice hostel and people!!! Will recommend it!!

We had a great barbeque on the Friday night. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Will be staying there again.

Nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. I liked the curtains around each bunk and also the powerpoint and fan for each bed. The massive lockers for each bed space were awesome too! I would stay here again.

The aquarium's awesome. The hostel has plenty of facilities and everything is new and clean. The terrace is also pretty cool and breakfast is more than ok for a hostel. The location was excellent. Despite the fact that we had a problem with the shower in our room and everything got flooded and smelly, we had a really nice stay. If I ever go to Porto again I think I'll book there.

Everything was perfect! The location, the staff, the quality, the cleanliness! I will be back.

Great Stay!!!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

We stayed in a 8 person girls dorm which had bunk beds, fans, and curtains which was amazing.Great terrace with cheap drinks. The only two critiques I have that there was not a lot of room to maneuver around in the room and the showers (also the part where you place the shower head was broken) are in the room and sometimes the water gets on the floor of the entry. Also, need real orange juice at breakfast! Not the powder mix.

Perfect example of a well run, modern hostel! LOVED the beds with curtains, fans and lights - so nice to have a bit of privacy amongst a shared dorm. The curtains made it nice and dark for the best sleeps in hostels I've ever had! Great atmosphere at the hostel - roof terrace was brilliant, accompanied by happy hour at the bar. You could join staff for dinners - we didn't get the chance to but the smells and looks of the food - delish! Loved our stay here. Highly recommend.

By far the best hostel I've ever visited. It's going to be really hard to top this one...

Really nice hostel! But I thought the staff really cold and the ambient as well! I recommend to stay there if you're looking for something more chill out.

I am astonished at how good the hostels in Portugal are. I tell other travelers about this place and they all have similar stories of other places in Porto (like Home). Going home to my own shower is going to be a disappointment after their stellar rainfall showers. The kitchen is quite good and allows for people to talk to one another easily. It's conveniently located, right next to the train station, and trains are cheap in Portugal. Go for it.

Perfect location and great included breakfast. There were some issues with bed allocation which resulted in me being given a keycard that opened someone else's locker... it should have been checked beforehand as they knew there was some confusion. That aside, each bed had curtains, a shelf and even a fan! The ensuite contained 2 of everything so no wait time. Lots of common areas, guest kitchen and free computers too.