Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

It was amazing, your staff is amazing awesome just perfect. I did not expecting such a kind of warm staff there. I would like to come back to feel the same feelings and talk to your staff. They are so professional, very communicative, talkative. I will recommend my friends also to stay in this hostel while travelling.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Azerbaijan

Fantastic stay here. It was more like a hotel then a hostel!! It was in a good location close to the metro and Porto's main attractions. The staff were great, we attended one of the 10euro staff dinners which was definitely worth it! The rooms were great, curtains for the beds, personal lights and power plugs. They had good quality and comfy mattresses! Only criticism is the overall cleanliness where bathrooms could have been cleaned more throughly and some common areas. Overall, loved our stay!

Great central location, lovely rooms and good with lockers under bed. Also having pancakes at breakfast makes a nice change to the usual corn flakes.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Great location and friendly staff. Nice shared facilities. Only drawback was the bed was a bit short for me (183cm) but at least loved the curtain around the bed to give some privacy.

A wonderful hostel! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy. All beds have privacy curtains, a fan, lights and power points. Good location.

Awesome hostel! The staff is always nice and helpful. Many activities are offered so you can meet people easily. The place is huge and the rooms are clean and very confortable (with curtains on every bed and a private light and fan. Really a good place to stay!

They have a lot of nice areas where you can hang. Including a lounge bar on top an aquarium lounge a tv space, nice kitchen. every bed has a locker and a curtain!! Very nice and clean!

• 19th Jul 2015

The staff are super wonderful, and helpful. The location is excellent. The atmosphere is ok, they hosted a large group tour while I was visiting which was a little noisy. I'd consider staying again!

I don't know what it is about hostels in Portugal, but everyone I've stayed in has been so professional and so friendly, and Tattva was no exception. The staff was very both helpful and cheerful and the facilities were well equipped with sturdy bunks, curtains around the beds for privacy, large lockers, and personal power points. Also, I highly recommend signing up for dinner with the staff. The food was excellent and conversation with people from all over the world was wonderful!

Great hostel, really enjoyed my stay in 6 bed dorm with spacious ensuite. Loved the curtains on each bunk, large under bed storage lockers that open with room swipe card and outdoor roof terrace. Breakfast was basic but decent. Pub crawl was average - better off to go yourself with hostel mates. Wifi was dodgy - did not work at all for my first 2 days in the hostel.

Super nice hostel, graeat location, super friendly staf, super nice atmosfeer! Only too short stay so we'll have to come back :)

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

This is a very good hostel! They have everything. The best breakfast - lots of variety, also a really good restaurant serving Portuguese food. They have a roof top bar with lots of space and large kitchen, laundry, reading room. Only issue was the street was not signposted from the main road

Helpful staff, open friendly environment

Visiting Porto? You're mad if you don't stay here. Facilities wise, this is hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. The room fit out is fantastic with pod-like bunks for ultimate privacy and the mattresses are hotel quality. The place is very, very clean (toilets and showers included) and the staff bend over backwards to help! Great rooftop with bar and restaurant and the location is excellent for accessing the major attractions and night life. My only gripe would be no lock on the bag room.

This was the best hostel I have stayed in. It was lovely and close to bus station and the staff were really helpful. The bar closed at a reasonable so it was not too noisy at night. I definately will stay there again.

Stayed in a private room and although separate from the main hostel building, was a better room than quite a few hotels we've stayed in. Would definitely recommend staying here to anyone else. Very nice restaurant as well.

Nice place To stay! Do the pub crawl. Great breakfast and good location!

• 4th Jul 2015

Simply the best hostel I've been in! Clean, comfortable, great breakfast, awesome staff, the rooms are amazing, I loved it!!

I really loved this hostel and have recommended it to other friends planning to visit Porto. Great modern facilities, helpful staff and perfect location. I particularly liked the curtain around the bunk beds in the 8-person dorm, added a little privacy.

Mediocre.