Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

I was sick for my entire stay here but can still appreciate how good this hostel is!

The best hostel I've ever stayed in over the past few years I've been travelling Europe! Staff were unbelievably friendl, free breakfast was amazing and the value for money to stay in the hostel was great! Can't say better things about it. They had individual lockers under your beds and the bathrooms got cleaned daily. Absolutely loved it!! Highly recommend this place! Oh and the BBQ on the Tuesday night was amazing- so much food and gave us a chance to meet other backpackers.

This is a pretty decent hostel, although its more like an artsy hotel. I stayed in the 8 bedroom female dorm. Being in the top bunk sucked since the beds are hard to get in out of, but every bed has privacy curtains, your own lamp, fan and plug which was really nice. The lockers were big enough to fit my suitcase. The staff was mostly friendly. Daniel was pretty helpful. Location is great. Overall I would stay there again. I thought the vibe was so so for a solo traveller.

By far the bet hostel I have ever been in, and I am na experienced traveller! Incredible!

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Moldova

Great venue and great restaurant attached. Will definitely be back

Amazing facilities, really well located, the dinner with the staff was delicious and a great value. Me and my friends were treated greatly! When I come back to Porto I'm definitly staying there again!

• 15th Jul 2014

The best hostel I`ve been.

Great place to meet people! So many activities to participate in and their facilities are famtastic!

It was the best hostel I have already stayed! They have the best breakfast and the beds are really good with curtains all around it, individual sockets, lamp and space to put your things. They also give you a magnetic card to open the bedroom and the box where you can lock your backpack under the bed, really good.

This is a great hostel, it basically has everything you want in a hostel, good kitchen, cool hangout areas, internet works everywhere, clean bathrooms, friendly and helpful staff, organised tours/activities, good breakfast, comfortable bed, big lockers, free luggage storage, good location.

I have heard that the hostel in Porto is really good. It is so true!!! This is the best hostel I have ever stay! The 8 ppl dorm has two toilet, two shower rooms, and we have our own big locker that I can put my big luggage inside.The public space are also good with some cool decoration~ window view is also nice. Location near Sao Bento, many spots in the walking distence, it is a really good hostel!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Convenient to everything: Sao Bento station / center D. Luis bridge / river / city. Value, beautiful design. Well equipped hostel with kitchen, bar, etc., wifi worked perfectly, and they have four computers that can be used near the reception. The staff is helpful and 24 hours standby. The 10 euro dinner is a bargain and deifinitely worth joining.

Absolutely all you could ask for from a hostel. Each bunk has its own curtain, fan, light and power point. Lockers are security key access. Location is fine, everything was walking distance. Highly recommend it.

Raphaela deserves a pay rise, she is great. Ricardo and Joshua also very good, Laura too, very keen and welcoming

The only problem with this place was no exhaust in the shower room made everything wet!! Everything else was excellent :-)

Everything! There is nothing you can complain about at all! Wifi works perfectly and the terrace is a great place to hang out and make new friends. It has wonderful staff, beautiful interiors, wonderful facilities and a lift. Totally get why they were voted the best in the world! Excellent value for Money.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Awesome hostel. Really clean with nicely designed rooms. A very nice comfortable place to stay. The staff are really friendly and helpful, probably the best staff in any hostel I have been to. Special mention for Daneil for being so generous when we all went out until 7am, that was an awesome night. Also a mention for Raphaela as well, who was very cool to hang out with too.

simply LEGEN... wait for it... DARY !!!!!! :)

I really enjoyed this hostel. So close to everything, too! I'd stay here again if I come back to Porto.

I have stayed in many hostels in Spain and South America, and this was one of the best I have ever stayed in. We stayed in a private room, but it honestly felt like I was in a nice hotel. It was cool, clean, and modern. It has a great roof-top terrace and bar, a big kitchen, friendly staff, awesome rooms, and a good location. I liked this hostel and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• 25th Jun 2014