Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

Stayed here for only 1 night, but I would consider staying here again when back in Porto. Dorm with ensuite bathroom was very good, clean and the curtains around each bed gave a lot of privacy. I usually only stay in smaller hostels, but the Tattva was a good choice for this single night!

Really nice hostel.

This has been the fanciest hostel I've stayed in so far. Curtains around each bed was amazing for when you want a bit of privacy. Own little fan plus an air-con in each room was good. The dinner was 10€ and totally worth it. It helped me get to know a few others and the overall vibe of the place was excellent. Large kitchen, bar and a rooftop terrace were exceptional. Walking tour has been the best so far. Showers were a little weird, water would kind of go everywhere.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location close to the railway station. Safe area to walk around at night. Nice terrace. Only problem was that there was no hot water for the 2 days I stayed there. The staff said it would be repaired.

breakfast layout and food presentation can be better and cleaner

Arrived in Porto early so decided to check in & drop off my bags. The luggage room was an unlocked closet & could be opened by anyone at anytime. When I returned I was ready for my card and almost had to wait behind a large group. The staff argued in front of me and then just finally gave me the card. The card was great because it worked for the room and locker. They also said that reception is open 24-hrs and it was not. I was locked out of the hostel until I could find a phone to call them.

Hello. Sorry to hear that. Our Luggage storage is free of charge, it is right in front of our reception. We advise our guests that we are not responsible for any stored items but we are happy to store your valuables inside the reception desk. Sorry about the staff issue, they are very sorry for the inconvenience. The reception is open 24hours, but we close the front door for security reasons and we have a bell that you can ring, so our night guy can open the door for you.love from Tattva

Great hostel !Feels more like an Hotel than a Hostel . Everything that you might need is there . I would recommend this hostel for family and calm vacation . If you want to meet people under 30 years old , make friends and party .. this is not the right place for you . The staff was super nice too , but didn't know anything about the night life as well. Super confortable and clean !

Really nice crew there. Great dinners.

The staff here are wonderful and great to talk to! Also, the nightly dinner is SO worth the price. Great location, good beds, nice hot ensuite showers. I met so many new friends from all over- this hostel makes that very easy!

Thank you!! Hope to see you very soon! Love from your Tattva friends!

A very nice hostel. The beds were incredible, they had curtains all around it so you don't get bothered in the night. The lockers beneath the bed were big so you could fit a lot of things. We had dinner there and it was delicious. The hostel was very clean. The only problem was with the shower, the shower head never stays in place. In general, it's a very good hostel.

Hello ! Thank you so much for taking time to review us and give us such a nice review! Im very happy that you liked your stay. About the shower head issue, thank you for letting us know. Is now fixed! Hope to see you very soon! Happy travels from your Tattva friends!

Really beautiful hostel and very friendly staff. Great installations and beds.

Private rooms are perfect. Our bathroom could have been a little cleaner but otherwise flawless. Rooftop balcony is great for a sun bake and some drinks. Pancake maker at breakfast was a nice touch but some more fruit would have been great. Overall, a great stay and would certainly go again

Hello! thank you so much for your review and to take time to do it. Thanks you for your kind words. im so happy that you liked our terrace. Im really sorry about the cleanliness,we are trying to improve it and for sure the next time you come, it will be better! We have fruit at the breakfast but sometimes runs out more faster than we can refill it, but we try our best to refill it right away.I hope you enjoyed your stay at Tattva and Porto! Love from ur Tattva friends

One of the best hostels we have stayed in. Bedrooms and facilities were fantastic and the staff were extremely helpful. We had the 10€ dinners served at the hostel both nights of our trip,which served great food and wine and were a really good way to meet other travellers. Located in the heart of the city and about a 15 min walk to the Ribera district.

Great hostel. Walking distance to everything in Porto. The dinner with the staff is fantastic, sit down with the rest of the guests and have a dinner. Great social vibe and friendly staff

The staff was beyond friendly, the location could not have been more perfect (literally three minutes from the metro, Sao Bento Station, and walkable to almost everything). The rooms were especially clean and felt very new. Also worth mentioning is that the hostel has a private bathroom and shower situation which is meant for only one person and closes as such, with powerful rain showers. The curtains around the bed are awesome, as is the whole decor.

the location is terrific, the breakfast is regular. Nothing to criticize, great hostel!

This hostel is very clean and tidy. The included breakfast is very generous. The rooms are slightly crowded but all bunks have wrap around curtains, shelves, plug-ins and lights, which is a plus. Very nice washrooms and friendly staff.

Came here with super high expectations, and overall i would say i was very satisfied! The atmosphere and decoration were great. Bathrooms, rooms, livingroom, and nearly every place were superb. Breakfast was also a huge highlight! The only problem i would say i had, was that the rooms were a little too hot at night, but this is me being picky. Come to this hostel for sure!

great hostel :) !!!

This place is extremely highly rated and it is a pretty impressive, decent sized hostel. The dorms are a great size with comfortable beds that have plug sockets, reading lights and curtains which is a nice touch. The staff are friendly and very helpful and there is a great breakfast included in the price of your stay. If I'm picky the only downsides were my pillow and duvet which both had pretty bad yellow stains over them when I came to put the sheets on. But sortable, I had a great stay!