Tattva Design Hostel Reviews

Rua do Cativo 26-28, Porto, Portugal

From the reviews we expected a bit more. The 10 person room was just too tiny and there was almost no possibility to get some fresh air inside because the door that leads to the balcony was broken. It really is a big hostel but the breakfast was amazing. We also enjoyed the terrasse very much.

great! def recommended! They have a crazy meal for 10 euro. Usually i feel like its not worth it..i do it more for the social setting. But with this hostel..i was blown away. So much food. Met some great people and staff were very friendly.

For a hostel - VERY GOOD! Perfekt location, very close to the Douro river and the bridge connecting Porto and Gaia, also very close to the bars and restaurants. And very close to the San Berto metro station.

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Perfect location and amazing staff. The beds are huge with curtains which means staying in a 12 bed dorm still feels private, and the key card activated lockers are huge. The staff put on a dinner each night which is perfect for meeting other travellers and really good value (€10 for three courses and drinks). Wish I could have stayed for longer!

Loved this hostel, staff were wonderful, awesome breakfast, awesome terrace to chill and meet people! the rooms even have their own terraces! I definitely recommend doing the dinner with staff, great value and good to meet people, especially for solo travelers... Can't beat the location either! Porto is gorgeous, I wish I had stayed longer!

Maybe a few kitchen knives and a better coffee pot. but those are small things. I would recommend the hostel. Actually the hostel was recommended to me.

I had such a great time at Tattva. The staff were amazing, and the dinner was great.

Nice staff, who gave us a welcome feeling.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in very friendly and helpful staff

• 22nd May 2014

Excellent hostel,friendly hostel but unfortunately our fellow room mates were not considerate of anybody else, excessive noise at 2am, etc

An amazing staff and great chef. The dinners are totally worth it

Everything is nice!!!

• 20th May 2014
  • Greece

I would say I got 100% satisfied with the Tattva Design hostel. The public space offered is very large. Dinner was so great and it only cost 10 euro (I recommend everybody to join the dinner;-) As the breakfast was also great. The ckeck-in time took much longer than usual for the reason I don't know..But the staffs were really enthusiastic, one of them even helped me to move luggage upstairs. Sheet from bed were all offered and they are so clean:) If I go back to Porto, I'll definin go back!

Great hostel to stay in Porto.

We had a great stay at Tattva. The staff are all incredibly friendly and the hostel is amazing - it is nicer than some hotels we've stayed at! They organised some great tours and the staff were always willing to answer questions, offer advice or even just have a chat. There's a great community feel and they offer the opportunity to have dinner with the staff every evening. The rooms were clean & comfortable. Incredible value for money. I will definitely recommend this hostel to others!

Very nice location and friendly stuff. Its very clean hostel in a silent location. I advice you to stay here.

The réception tried hard to help me as the day shift but if the night shift could know more solutions to the problems that could be better !

Cool and clean hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The modern lockers were neat and the curtains on every bed gives the additional privacy.

It was an Amazing hostel!!! The people, staff, place, food and the parties ( of course)! I would recommend it 100%! If you are lucky enough, the staff of tattva will take everyone out on a free pub crawl and party with you! Keep it up tattva!!!

• 14th May 2014