Tauranga Central Backpackers Reviews

62-64 Willow st, Tauranga, Tauranga, New Zealand

Absolutely disgusting hostel! So dirty and food everywhere in the kitchen! Also to expensive for that service !

• 4th May 2015

Honestly not as bad as everyone says..

This place is so gross. You step into this hostel and get the creeps. They seem to have a huge problem with people not doing their dishes, given a ton of passive/aggressive messages every where. The kitchen itself is dirty, it doesn't seem like staff is doing a general sweep here ever. The staff was confused when I arrived, couldn't even tell me how much I should pay, barely spoke english. I spoke to a few other people that stayed there and the feeling of "what a dump" was wide spread.

To be honest, this hostel has seen better days. The kitchen lacked clean tea towels, although the bathrooms were clean. It seemed to be home to many seasonal workers, who in my view deserve better.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I would recommend this hostel. I stayed in a mixed 4 bed dorm, the room was lovely and clean. The facilities are very good, kitchen is clean with plenty of space. Toilets are clean and showers are very good. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I mentioned to them that I needed to leave early before reception opened and they went out of their way to sort out giving me my key deposit back. There's a cheap vending machine too! *thumbs up* :) thanks for a great stay.

• 27th Jan 2015

They say flys like $#@!, there were a lot of flys! So glad it was only for a night, filled with people working locally. Was very noisy with club next door and loud long term guests.

• 25th Jan 2015

staff is not friendly and facilities was not gud. Also I can't understand why this hostel is expensive..

I had booked just for a night but end up staying longer. Great place to find work. Enjoyed a lot. Anyone needs help to find work i highly recommend this place. Thanks TCB.

• 15th Jan 2015

Decent hostel. Kitchen is well stocked and supplied. Feels a bit like a college dorm atmosphere, pool table, big TV, ping pong etc.. You need a key to get in the front door which is nice, but all the storage lockers were filled with peoples food when I got there, so there was no way to lock up any personal items. Nice that it was close to the bus station and a walk along the beach and a bunch of great restaurants.

Kitchen was filthy, cockroaches and dirt everywhere. Doors were almost never locked. There was a lot of noise during the night, after all the hostels I've been to this was the loudest and I never got any good sleep.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Had a weird smell bought a freshner for our room. Best thing we did. After that everything was good

One word: disgusting