Tauranga Central Backpackers Reviews

62-64 Willow st, Tauranga, Tauranga, New Zealand

After reading all the reviews on the website, I was pleasantly surprised that our room was as good as it was. Nice and clean, air conditioning. We had a 4 bedroomed room. The showers were hot and high pressure. We did not eat there. Enjoyed the pool table. The place was full, and everyone certainly had fun and partied. If you want a quiet place then this would not be the place to go - more like party central inside and outside at the local bars. We enjoyed our stay.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

The WORST place I have ever stayed! It is so DIRTY and SMELLY!! I have never stayed somewhere so bad! All I can say is please dont stay here, spend your money elsewhere cuz no where can be as bad as this!!!

No air conditioning or windows or proper ventilation, I've stayed in many a backpackers and this by far was the worst ever! Our room was filthy we had a little table we were going to put our bags on but it was covered in a sticky mess. Our bunk beds were covered in really foul graffiti. Staff were unfriendly and unwelcoming and being a Tauranga girl I feel embarrassed for backpackers coming to stay in my town and being subject to this. I paid £83 for a room! RIP OFF!!!

• 7th Jan 2014